Ping i25 Driver, Fairway Woods and Hybrids: In-hand photos

GolfWRX

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1388684308' post='8385197']
Also not sure if I'm blind or something but is there a release date anywhere?
[/quote]

You can Pre-Order the i25 product beginning today (1/2/14) but it will not begin shipping until February 13, 2014. You can always take a peek at our website for more information! [url="https://www.mortongolfsales.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=i25&Search.x=-976&Search.y=-159"]MortonGolfSales.com[/url]

Happy New Year!
Erin Morton

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Happytab' timestamp='1388687304' post='8385571']
Can someone explain the term 'distraction' in the context of golf club graphics?

It seems to be a commonly used phrase but does anyone stand over a drive an have to be reminded what to do next because they have been standing there for five minutes totally distracted?
[/quote]

Exactly, the R1 didn't distract the best players on the planet. Yet somehow this bothers average players.

Callaway Mavrick Callaway Mavrick SZ 3W Callaway Superhybrid Titleist 510 20 Titleist T100 Vokey SM7 54 and 60 Scotty Cameron T22

[quote name='Golfjunki71' timestamp='1388688032' post='8385645']
Can someone explain the term 'distraction' in the context of golf club graphics?

It seems to be a commonly used phrase but does anyone stand over a drive an have to be reminded what to do next because they have been standing there for five minutes totally distracted?
[/quote]

Exactly, the R1 didn't distract the best players on the planet. Yet somehow this bothers average players.[/quote]

I thought as soon as the black R1 came out, a lot of TM's players flocked to it? They seemed to put up with the R1, but didn't really want the stripe.

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[/quote]

Exactly, the R1 didn't distract the best players on the planet. Yet somehow this bothers average players.
[/quote]

YUP!!! That goes for any driver that has distracting features!

But remember these aren't "average" players shouting distraction...it's our GolfWRX brethren!

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

G25 driver with glued hosel, could be interesting, other clubs are boring (cant see any major improvement Vs i20)

edit : more likely a typo from OP, it is i20 Vs i25 comparison pics, what a start for i25 lines, leaks for months, closed topics, then mistakes in comparison pics ;)

c6c6a17a8b69418d34e9e03332e9fb0f.jpg

How's this?

cfe6b101fe0e66872df0d01595e1632e.jpg

Nice catch.

- Zak

[/quote]

[/quote]preach brother preach

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1388677415' post='8384521']
very interesting look! not that you can make an apples and apples comparison - but i wonder if the r1 opened our minds to the racing stripes?
[/quote]

With the way these look I'd say maybe more so the r1 black opened it up

9° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 60 6.5
15° Titleist TSi2 HZRDUS Smoke RDX 70 6.0
19° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
22° PXG 0317 X Gen 2 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S
5-PW Srixon ZX5 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 50/54/58 Project X LZ 6.5
Artisan Golf 0418

Driver looks awesome. Could def help alignment. Fariway wood looks like nothing special. calli taylor and adams are making amazing stuff was looking for invoation in the fairway.

Hybrids look very interesting.

M4 Driver w Proforce v2 7F5
917F2 16.5 w Hand Crafted evenflow blue 75 6.0
Calli Tour Issue XR16 18 degree black kuro kage 80X
MIzuno Clk 19 degree Speeder 95X
T-MB 4 Iron KBS Hybrid Shaft 95X
Titliest CB 5-9 iron Tour issue x100
SM7 46 (x100), 52 (x100), 56(KBS stiff) degree
Calli PM Grind 60 Degree (KBS tour v)
Edel torque balance putter E-2

The more I look at that hybrid the more I think it will suit me, prefer the driving iron look.
Damn Ping, I want one LOL

G - 10.5° (@ 11.5) - Ping Tour 80 (44.5") - Regular
 G - 22 - Ping Tour 90 - Regular
 I200 5-UW - White Dot +1/4" - PX 5.5
 Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
 Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

[quote name='golf1931' timestamp='1388691248' post='8386027']
OMG! Its one percent more forgiving on shots hit high/low on the face. Let me spend $400
[/quote]

Sounds like you have an occasional miss low on the face.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

I have always been more of a shallow faced driver guy, and the G25 has been the best driver I have played.

But, what interests me is the i25 22* hybrid; for me, the 23* G25 hybrid is not much different than my AP1 5-iron; the 20* hybrid is nice, but I don't hit it high enough. Perhaps the i25 22* will become my all-around perfect hybrid between my 5-wood and 5-iron? I'm very interested.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

The line up all looks fantastic. The hybrid interests me the most though so we will see how it performs against Rapture DI. I like the stripes on the driver and think its a great idea for all levels of golfer. I'm not sure there is another company out there that puts so much R & D dollars into its proprietary shafts so I will be more than happy with a "stock" shaft in mine. Great work PING!!

Hybrids look very interesting.
The more I look at that hybrid the more I think it will suit me, prefer the driving iron look. Damn Ping, I want one LOL
But, what interests me is the i25 22* hybrid
The hybrid interests me the most though...

Really surprised so many of you are "getting" this already...

Do not sleep on this i25 Hybrid! It is money! (And I hate hybrids!) secret.gif

More in a few weeks...

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

Nice!!! Will test against my R1 Black and Nike Covert 2.0 when released to see if I can steel the spot. I really liked the Anser but wanted a bit more "Love" and the G25 but didn't like the shape so much. Will the performance justify the cost of new? My driver testing thoughts for my top 4 from February 2013.

1. [url="http://viglink.pgpartner.com/mrdr.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fviglink.pgpartner.com%2Fsearch.php%2Fform_keyword%3Dtaylormade&mode="][color="#353535"]Taylormade[/color][/url] R1 - very long, straight, and forgiving
2. Ping G25 - long, straight, and very forgiving
3. Ping Anser - long and straight (not as forgiving as the R1 and G25)
4. Nike Covert - super straight and forgiving (just not as long as the others)

Ping i25 9.5 PWR 75 Stiff/ Rapture 13 3W
Ping i25 15 3W PWR 75 Stiff
Ping i25 19h PWR 80 Stiff
Callaway Apex 5 - AW KBS Tour-V Stiff
Ping Tour Gorge 54WS and Nike VR 60TS
Ping Scottsdale TR Senita B

The whole line looks very good.

Like others have said and after looking at it for a while longer, I think I prefer those subtle stripes vs. the half moon thing. Want to see it in hand though.

Hope they improved the sound vs. the G25 and i20.

TITLEIST TSR2 / TENSEI AV BLUE XLINK 65S

TM SIM2 Ti / MOTORE X F3 7S

PING G430 / 3H 4H TOUR 2.0 CHROME 85S

PING i210 / 5-PW DG 120 S300 (waiting for i230s to return from PING)

TITLEIST SM9 / 50F 54D 58D

TITLEIST SPECIAL SELECT / FLOWBACK 5 (H)

Loving the look of all the i25 wood line. Every year Ping improves their product lines. Just a thought though, what happens to the stripe when you change the loft?!?

Ping G430 LST 10.5°(playing 9°) Tour 65x

Ping G430 Max 15°(playing 14°) UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 7F5T

Ping G425 Max 20.5°(playing 19°) UST Mamiya Elements Chrome 9F5T

Ping i230 4 iron (Power Spec) LA Golf Tour AXS Blue 105x

Ping i230 5&6 iron (Power Spec) PX LS 6.5

Ping i59 7-PW (Power Spec) PX LS 6.5

Ping Glide Forged Pro 50° PX LS 6.5

Mizuno T22 54°&58° MMT Wedge 105TX

Nordberg Eirik Flowneck

Some specs and more product info on the series.....I suspect this is all on the website now, just thought I would combine it from the email blast I got.

[size=4][b][u]i25[/u][/b][u][sup]™ [/sup][/u][b][u]Adjustable Driver [/u][/b]

For all ability levels, the multi-material i25 driver helps reduce spin while increasing launch angle for ideal launch conditions that optimize distance and accuracy. A high strength-to-weight ratio Ti 8-1-1 body is joined to a variable-thickness Ti 6-4 face, ensuring maximum energy transfer for generating faster ball speeds for greater distance. High-density tungsten sole weights lower the CG to reduce spin for a flatter ball flight and a landing angle that maximizes roll out. Strategic placement of the weights significantly increases MOI, which means golfers will spend more time in the fairway. Patented racing stripes create more consistent clubface alignment at impact, a crucial ingredient to improved driving. Using Trajectory Tuning technology, standard lofts are adjustable +-1/2º. The lightweight, adjustable hosel maintains the same outer diameter and mass of PING’s traditional fixed hosels and provides the benefits of adjustability without sacrificing the performance that’s often lost in clubs with bulkier designs. PING’s industry-first PWR shaft family offers unique weights and stiffness profiles without altering swingweight.

- Lofts 8.5°, 9.5°, 10.5° (Adjustable +- ½ degree)
- Stock graphite shafts: PWR 55 (R, S); PWR 65 (R, S, Tour S, Tour XS); PWR 75 (S, Tour S, Tour XS)
- Std. Length 45.25 inches, 207g, 460cc
- U.S. MSRP: $440

[b][u]i25[sup]™[/sup] Irons[/u][/b]

The 17-4 stainless steel irons deliver forgiveness and distance with control to inspire confident shot making. In the progressive set design, the long irons are designed with head sizes and sole widths that deliver high trajectory and extreme forgiveness. The more compact mid and short irons have narrow soles and less offset for improved accuracy and scoring. Narrow face-stabilizing bars in the long irons increase ball velocity for added distance and height while wider bars in the short irons produce a controlled, lower ball flight with softer feel. The careful design details in the club’s shape and set progression are captured with an inspiring foggy chrome finish. Tungsten weighting in the low toe increases forgiveness. A machined face and grooves deliver control and consistency.

- Available 3-9, PW, UW, SW, LW
- Stock steel shaft: PING CFS[sup]®[/sup] (Soft R, R, S, X)
- Stock graphite shaft: TFC 189i (Soft R, R, S)
- U.S. MSRP: $ 110 per club w/steel shaft; $137.50 per club w/graphite shaft.

[b][u]i25[/u][/b][u][sup]™[/sup][/u][b][u] Adjustable Fairway Woods[/u][/b]

Compact and hot off the tee, the 17-4 stainless steel heads offer a sleeker frame to enhance shot making. A taller face with an extremely thin[color=red] [/color]perimeter design helps increase ball velocity for distance and versatility, while improved internal weighting bolsters MOI for accuracy. Racing stripes help golfers deliver the clubface consistently at impact, a crucial performance variable[color=red].[/color] Using Trajectory Tuning technology, lofts are adjustable +-1/2º. The lightweight, adjustable hosel maintains the same outer diameter and mass of PING’s traditional fixed hosels and provides the benefits of adjustability without sacrificing the performance that’s often lost in clubs with bulkier designs. PING’s industry-first PWR shaft family offers unique weights and stiffness profiles without altering swingweight.

- Available S3W (14º), 3W (15º), 5W (18º) (Adjustable +- ½ degree)
- Stock graphite shafts: PWR 55 (R, S); PWR 65 (R, S, Tour S, Tour XS); PWR 75 (S, Tour S, Tour XS)
- U.S. MSRP: $275

[b][u]i25[/u][/b][sup]™[/sup][b][u] Hybrids[/u][/b]
The compact, 17-4 stainless steel i25 hybrids have a more-forward hosel axis and less bulge and roll than a traditional hybrid. The offset is engineered for high launch, while the reduced bulge and roll enhances shot making and control. A straighter lead edge and more squared-off toe promote accurate aim and alignment. A compressed profile and shorter heel-toe length improve turf interaction and ensure solid contact from any type of lie. To maximize distance with functional distance gapping, a farther-back CG in the lower-lofted hybrids promotes higher launch; a lower, more-forward CG in the higher-lofted heads reduces spin. The PWR 80 and 90 shafts maintain the same swingweight across all weights and flexes.

- Available 17º, 19º, 22º, 26º
- Stock graphite shafts: PWR 80 (R, S, Tour S); PWR 90 (S, Tour S, Tour XS)
- U.S. MSRP: $242.50[/size]

Driver G25 X AD DI 70
Irons I20 KBS C Taper X Flex
Wedges Tour Gorge C Taper X
Putter Counter Balanced 38 in Senita TR

I don't mind the racing strip because it is close to being grey on grey so I don't think I would notice it too much....but then again I do not use the alignment aids. Maybe thats why I suck.

Callaway Epic Speed Triple Diamond LS *9.0 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *15 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway Mavrik *18 w/ UST Attas 11
Callaway 19' Apex Pros 4-Pw/ UST Recoil 125 Protos F4 
Callaway MD5 50W & 54W & 58X w/ UST Recoil 125
protos F4

Tyson Lamb Customed Long Neck Allendale 
#lookatthebaby #teamcallaway

If that thing performs like the anser, they have a winner - jury is out on the racing stripes; so if a golf plays the club in an OPEN position, the racing stripes would be pointing right, would they not???, that would bother me.

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

When I first saw the driver I wasn't to thrilled but I have to say the more I look at it and after watching the video I am liking it more and more. Being a PING kinda guy I will be trying one for sure.

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

Wow just noticed the 207 gram headweight. Must still have to use the counterbalanced shafts. I would think they will also have to handpick heads for using a 55 gram vs. 75 gram shaft. I've always liked 75 gramish driver shafts.

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

I like the stripe better than the half moon. Face angle vs. path is the key to accuracy. I want more info on what swing weight they are trying to achieve (D1,D3, D5, D6)? What happens when butt trimming to 45" or less? I also want to know some torque values. My miss is higher on the face. I like the stability advertisement and less spin differences on mishits. Can't wait to demo.

Titleist 915 D4 Aldila Rogue 125 70TX
3 wood PXG 341 True Temper HZRDUS 75X
2 iron 716 TMB TTDG AMT X100
4-9 Epon AF-302 TTDG AMT ti X100
Vokey 46F, 50F, 54S, 60L TTDG ti S400
SC Circle T 009 Brushed Black Pearl 350g

[quote name='kirkaz' timestamp='1388675415' post='8384337']
[quote name='alessio' timestamp='1388673877' post='8384193']
I'm curious to see some trackman data against G25..
[/quote]

Lower spin than G25, not quite as low as Anser. Almost as forgiving as G25, much more forgiving than I20. Offering 3 shaft weight options too which I like, 50's, 60's and 70's (depending on flex for exact weight).
[/quote]

So...the drive for my swing!! I hope that new stock shafts will be good as I20's project x black...

Titleist 913 d3 9.5° Proforce V2 75 S
TEE CB4 Tour Aldila RIP S
Callaway X Utility Prototype 18° PXI 5.5
Ping I20 4-9 CFS R
Scratch 47°, Mizuno MP-11 52°-56°-60°
Odyssey White Steel 2 Ball CS 35"