Bridgestone J15 Thread *MB pics pg.8 - DF vs VPC pics pg 7*

Comments

• cane700cane700 Members  2030WRX Points: 140Posts: 2,030 Platinum Tees
    Jaywh2 wrote:

cane700 wrote:
    There's a serious lack of online reviews for the CB. You'd think those two brits would be all over it.

What would you like to know. I've had five sets of the CB with different shfts. Happy to give you insights and review if you don't want to sort through 75 pages. Lot

I've hit the club. was more of an observation. Seems that its gets no love from the media which is too bad.

Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • hondafanshondafans Members  68WRX Points: 31Posts: 68 Bunkers
    Ive put my sixth round on my df irons. Finding the 4 iron a little more difficult to hit well compared to my j40 dpc long irons. Verdict still out.
    Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridgestone j715 9.5[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridgestone j15 hybrids 1,2,3,4,5[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridgestone j40 dp 6-W[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Bridgestone J15 50, 56
    [/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Shea Putter[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sun Mountain H2NO & Sync/i][/font]
  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2763WRX Points: 132Handicap: 7Posts: 2,763 Titanium Tees
    Just bought an used set of ctaper lite and some red ferrule. Ill post some pics when the project will be over. Found the dg pro a touch too heavy.
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag
  • cz13X4cz13X4 Members  5708WRX Points: 218Posts: 5,708 Titanium Tees
    scratched the itch and found a tc888 single iron to try out. most likely will end up with another set of cb, but just can't do it until I try these fourteens
    Posted:
  • Jaywh2Jaywh2 Members  902WRX Points: 79Handicap: +1Posts: 902 Golden Tee
    czastrow wrote:

scratched the itch and found a tc888 single iron to try out. most likely will end up with another set of cb, but just can't do it until I try these fourteens

Move to the mizuno mp and be done with it. If you have to have the j15, you know someone has a brand new set for sale......

Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik SZ 10.5* Diamana DF 60
    Callaway Mavrik SZ 15* Diamana ZF 70
    Titleist 919 H1 Atmos Blue 85
    Mizuno MP 20 MMC AMT Tour Issue S400
    Mizuno T20 Wedges 50/54/58 AMT Tour Issue S400
    Cameron Flowback 5
    Jaywh2 wrote:

czastrow wrote:

Move to the mizuno mp and be done with it. If you have to have the j15, you know someone has a brand new set for sale......

I've thought about it...........the kings are tempting too.... do you have an mp25 vs j15 cb pic?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    czastrow wrote:
    Jaywh2 wrote:

czastrow wrote:

I've thought about it...........the kings are tempting too.... do you have an mp25 vs j15 cb pic?

I texted the pics to you.
    Posted:
    Cameron Flowback 5
    I keep going back and forth and this is driving me nuts. J40DPC PX 5.5 vs J15DF Recoil PT125. At this point not sure which one to keep. I know I can't have both sets around as I need to stick with one and move forward. I hit both solid. Distances are pretty close, depending on which iron. Any advice?
    Posted:
    [/font]
  • Brick TamlandBrick Tamland Members  311WRX Points: 113Handicap: 6.7Posts: 311 Greens
    I'm not in the market for irons but I hit the J15 CBs on a whim at my local used club emporium the other day and I can't stop thinking about them. The combination of feel and looks in these irons is seriously special, and the results I was getting on the simulator where super consistent even with my rusty mid-Winter swing. I've been looking for a worthy successor to my Nike VR Forged Black wedges and tried a J15 wedge after hitting the irons, great feeling wedge. I really don't have any gripes with my Covert Forged but I might have to see if I can work a trade here, the J15s were so addicting to hit.
    Posted:
    Cobra Fly-Z+, Matrix VLCT
    Cobra Fly-Z+ 3 Wood, Matrix VLCT
    Nike VR Pro 3-4 Hybrids, PX6.0
    Nike Covert Forged 5-AW, DG Pro S300
    Nike Forged Black, 54/60
    Scotty GoLo
  • bossman641bossman641 Members  307WRX Points: 55Posts: 307 Greens
    I've got a set of these on the way with modus 120x's. Pretty excited to give them a try and see how they stack up to the J40's. I've never played modus before (long time DG player) so it will be interesting.
    Posted:
  • TheBear95TheBear95 Members  529WRX Points: 158Posts: 529 Golden Tee

I'm not in the market for irons but I hit the J15 CBs on a whim at my local used club emporium the other day and I can't stop thinking about them. The combination of feel and looks in these irons is seriously special, and the results I was getting on the simulator where super consistent even with my rusty mid-Winter swing. I've been looking for a worthy successor to my Nike VR Forged Black wedges and tried a J15 wedge after hitting the irons, great feeling wedge. I really don't have any gripes with my Covert Forged but I might have to see if I can work a trade here, the J15s were so addicting to hit.

The CBs are certainly worthy of all the praise here, but the J15 wedge is terrific as well. I'm a fairly neutral wedge player, so the mid-bounce and heel grind work great for me. Had the wedges in the bag all last season and it will be same for '16. If the bounce works for you, you will be hard pressed to find another wedge with the combo of looks and feel that the J15s have.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Mizuno MP 650 15*
    Mizuno MP 650 19*
    Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 24*
    Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
    Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
    Kingston KP1 GSS

Advertisement
  • The Chicken ConnoisseurThe Chicken Connoisseur The Pengest Munch Banned  3732WRX Points: 0Posts: 3,732
    TheBear95 wrote:

The CBs are certainly worthy of all the praise here, but the J15 wedge is terrific as well. I'm a fairly neutral wedge player, so the mid-bounce and heel grind work great for me. Had the wedges in the bag all last season and it will be same for '16. If the bounce works for you, you will be hard pressed to find another wedge with the combo of looks and feel that the J15s have.

Are the wedges more forgiving than other blade style wedges?
    Posted:
  • TheBear95TheBear95 Members  529WRX Points: 158Posts: 529 Golden Tee

TheBear95 wrote:

I would say no. To be frank, the profile is a bit smaller than say a Vokey or Mack Daddy, so I could see how some could say it is less forgiving. Personally, I think the forgiveness level is on-par with other blade-style wedges.
    Posted:
    Ping G400 Max 10.5*
    Mizuno MP 650 15*
    Mizuno MP 650 19*
    Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 24*
    Mizuno MP 18 SC (5-PW)
    Mizuno T20 50*, 54*, 58*
    Kingston KP1 GSS
    TheBear95 wrote:

TheBear95 wrote:

I would say no. To be frank, the profile is a bit smaller than say a Vokey or Mack Daddy, so I could see how some could say it is less forgiving. Personally, I think the forgiveness level is on-par with other blade-style wedges.

I would agree. These are solid wedges. Anyone looking for forgiveness in a wedge should stay away from these, Vokey, mpt5, callaway md2 etc.

The S5 and some of the Cleveland cavity back wedges offer "some" level of forgiveness on miss hits. But most of the modern classic wedges mentioned above aren't intended to be forgiving.
    Posted:
    Cameron Flowback 5
  • Brick TamlandBrick Tamland Members  311WRX Points: 113Handicap: 6.7Posts: 311 Greens

I'm going to go with "no", but I've never played a cavity backed wedge. The head did not look noticeably more compact behind the ball than my Nike's, a little more rounded leading edge and more of a tear-drop shape overall. The feel when you hit it out of the middle is sublime though, on par with the VR Forged which is a great feeling wedge in it's own right.
    Posted:
    Cobra Fly-Z+, Matrix VLCT
    Cobra Fly-Z+ 3 Wood, Matrix VLCT
    Nike VR Pro 3-4 Hybrids, PX6.0
    Nike Covert Forged 5-AW, DG Pro S300
    Nike Forged Black, 54/60
    Scotty GoLo
  • The Chicken ConnoisseurThe Chicken Connoisseur The Pengest Munch Banned  3732WRX Points: 0Posts: 3,732
    Thanks guys, I currently play the SCOR wedges which are great because of the nice shape and small profile, which the J15 seems to fit. And they are suprisingly forgiving, the only issue with them is that when it's wet, they dig much too easily. I honestly don't like the shape of any of the modern wedge offerings besides these Bridgestones. Pretty much everything is now way bigger or just has a head shape I don't like, perhaps the SM6 will be an improvement tho from the pics of I've seen so far
    Posted:

Advertisement
    I have to admit, the fourteen tc888 look and feel awesome! hard to justify though when the j15 cb is such a good value, even ordering new 4-p under 6 bills seems like a no brainer. Still can't decide between j15, 888, or cobra king pro though.
    Posted:
  • TMelectricTMelectric When in doubt, buy both Members  3277WRX Points: 36Handicap: UpPosts: 3,277 Bunkers
    Those Cobras look very good. Let's face it. People like us plays golf to try different equipment. In doing so, we learn alot about equipment and slowly get our handicap down. I say try something completely different but hold on to the J15's. Everytime I play something different and then put the J15's back in rotation, I appreciate them even more.
    Posted:
    Mizuno JPX 900 driver
    Mizuno JPX 900 3 wood
    Mizuno JPX 900 5 wood
    Mizuno MP 66 irons with Modus 105 shafts
    Scratch 50,55,60 wedges with Steelfibers I95's
    Mizuno MP A303 putter
  • Fcqb10Fcqb10 Members  109WRX Points: 0Posts: 109
    Anyone compare these to 714 mb?
    Posted:
    I've decided to go back to the J40 dpc and sell off my j15 df irons.
    Posted:
    [/font]
    ^ how come?
    Posted:

Advertisement
    I have been happy with the j40 dpc since the day I bought them. Although l like the df, I don't see myself dropping any strokes because of the move. Just want to sell off my clubs that will net the most $$. Need to pump up my golf account to play some killer courses this year.
    Posted:
    [/font]
    Selling my j15 h3 hybrid as well. Comes with UST Elements Fire 100g stiff shaft.
    Posted:
    [/font]
  • theshadow1971theshadow1971 Shadow Members  439WRX Points: 0Handicap: 14Posts: 439
    I like the J015 CB but hard to come by even here in Asia.
    Posted:
    Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
    Z F45 15* 3W
    Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
    Z745 3-PW

Z745 [email protected]* & [email protected]*

Cleveland Classic HB 2 Black Pearl Putter
    Bridgestone B330RXS

I like the J015 CB but hard to come by even here in Asia.

did you get to hit it or compare it to any of the j15 line?
    Posted:
  • theshadow1971theshadow1971 Shadow Members  439WRX Points: 0Handicap: 14Posts: 439
    Ive hit the J15CB at the range, nice feel but the DG Pro shafts are too heavy for me, obviously a lighter shaft to what I'm use too will be ideal.

The Dual Pocket and Cast Irons don't look to appealing to me. Ive only seen a set of J015 CB heads for sale here in Bangkok. Visually i like the look of them, the weight, but so rare to come across to be able to try.

Im looking for a second set of clubs to keep in HK. I like the offerings Bridgestone Japan offers , so Im tossing up whether to get another complete Srixon set or go Bridgestone (I'm sure I wont be disappointed at all if I did).
    Posted:
    Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
    Z F45 15* 3W
    Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
    Z745 3-PW

Bridgestone B330RXS

Advertisement
    Ive always bought clubs based off being at least to hit a few balls with them. If I went Bridgestone I would be happy with J15's, plus there easier to get off Rakuten.
    Posted:
    Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
    Z F45 15* 3W
    Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
    Z745 3-PW

Bridgestone B330RXS
    Yeah, there is a set of j015 on ebay, but the j15 is such a good value.
    Posted:
    czastrow wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of buying those j015's. I'd like to see a real life address pic with a ball though.

try this. Who ever is hitting in this clip nice strike and soft draw.

Posted:
    Srixon (asian specs)

Z545 10.5* Driver
    Z F45 15* 3W
    Z H45 19* 3 Hybrid
    Z745 3-PW

Bridgestone B330RXS

Advertisement
  • C_radC_rad QuebecMembers  2763WRX Points: 132Handicap: 7Posts: 2,763 Titanium Tees
    Just went on google the jo15 because i didnt have a clue of what tjey were, and must say it itchy!!
    Posted:
    Titleist 915 d2
    Titleist 917 f2 18*

PIng i25 hybrid 22* pwr 90

project x L.Z 5.5:
    Bridgestone J15 cb 5-pw
    Nike engage 52 square,
    56 toe sweep
    60 dual sole

Lajosi Dd201

A dream bag

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.