What golf trips are you planning to take in 2017???

1235»

Comments

• az2auaz2au Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭
    On the plane to MCO now. Driving to Streamsong tomorrow for a quick 36. Have to go to a formal event tomorrow night. Might be slightly lagging at that time image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • Rackm007Rackm007 Members Posts: 65 ✭✭
    im going to Scotland in Sept. Any reccomendations?
  • SggolfSggolf Members Posts: 29
    Planning Louisville area in May and Scottsdale in September. May squeeze in a round or two in Myrtle area when visiting family sometime this year.
  • North ButteNorth Butte Members Posts: 9,911 ✭✭
    About 10 days into a nasty upper respiratory infection that just won't quit, I'm starting to look forward to a golf trip across town to play at my home course. Hopefully some time before April...
    “1lb beefstak, with
    1pt bitter beer
    every 6 hours.
    1 ten-mile walk every morning.
    1 bed at 11 sharp every night.
    And don't stuff your head with things you don't understand.” 
  • GavaGava C'mon Aussie !!! Members Posts: 721 ✭✭
    Going to Honkers next month for the Rugby sevens tournament.

Worth going through the hassle of registering to play Kau Sai Chau. The East course would be one of the most spectacular and economical places to play golf in Asia, if not the world!

Mission Hills really was becoming a mission for a day trip so might defualt to Discovery Bay GC for the weekend as you can't get on HKGC or KSC without a local.

Check my KSC pics from last visit with my bro (40th boys trip);

5EastCourseViews.jpg

6EastCourse.jpg

7EastCourse16.jpg
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 917 D3 9.5° - GD Tour AD MJ 7TX
    Titleist 917 F2 15° - Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S
    Mizuno MP H4 3 Driving Iron - KBS Tour S
    Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW - KBS Tour S+
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 50.12°S
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 54.10°[/font]
    [font=tahoma, geneva, sans-serif]Cleveland RTX 3.0 [/font][font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]58.09°
    Scotty 2018 FB 1st of 500[/font]
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Scotty 2018 Global Ltd Fastback[/font]
  • AceCatKYAceCatKY Members Posts: 638 ✭✭
    Heading to Punta Cana in July for my honeymoon and hope to play Punta Espada or Teeth of The Dog while down there. Also open to recommendations.
    910D3 9.5* Aldila RIP Phenom
    M2 15*
    816H2 21*
    Ping Eye 2 5-PW ZZ Lite
    MIzuno MP 52-07 / Ping Eye 2 U Groove 56* SW / Oil Can Vokey SM 60*
    Scotty Cameron Circa 62 Mallet Raw
    ProV1
  • TK3TK3 TK3 Members Posts: 233 ✭✭
    edited Mar 17, 2017 #128
    It'll be pretty hard for me to top last year's trips:

Kohler Resort / Whistling Straits - all 4 courses + replays

Erin Hills (twice)

Vegas (Primm Valley Courses - Fazio designs)

However, this year I plan to visit my Buddy in NJ to play Bethpage, Trump Ferry & Bayonne (has an "in" to play). I also have a business trip to Coeur D'Alene, ID in September and I plan on playing Circling Raven and the Floating Green @ the Coeur D'Alene GC.

If anyone has an "in" for me to be able to get on Gozzer Ranch GC or The GC @ Black Rock, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

Cheers,

TK
    My set-up:
    Bag - Sun Mountain MPB
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX with Oban Kiyoshi Purple
    3 Wood - Ryoma F3 / Matrix
    Hybrid - Rocketballz 3 hybrid
    Irons - JDM Titleist VG3 4-PW irons with Nippon Modus 3 shafts
    Wedges - Ping Glide 50* / 54* / 58*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 33"
    Shoes - Ecco Cage
    Ball - Srixon Z Star
  • Lefty CanuckLefty Canuck Members Posts: 47
    edited Mar 21, 2017 #129
    Headed to Myrtle Beach the week of the Masters, playing Caledonia and True Blue as I loved Tobacco Road and wanted to play some more Mike Stranz courses. I also have Prestwick and wild Wing Avocet booked and have 2 more days open. Just booked TPC Myrtle Beach and Kings North as our last 2 rounds.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,714 ClubWRX
    Headed to Irvine in two weeks and three days so Monte can make fun of my swing! So lots of range time and actually my idea of a great time to kick off the golf season. Get to play with a great wrxer on a short side trip as a cool bonus so super trip all the way around. Did I say 17 days? Anxious.
  • KG_IIKG_II Members Posts: 145 ✭✭
    Well it isn't a golf trip, but my dad and I are taking a Caribbean cruise and we are going to golf in Cozumel on one of our stops. Not the best course. But it's spending time with my dad and that's all that matters.
    Cobra King F7 driver Cobra King 3/4 wood Aeroburner 3 hybrid R15 4 hybrid stiff M2 Irons stiff +1"
    52* Vokey sm5 w/DTX black grip 56* Precise w/DTX red grip 60* Vokey sm5 w/DTX grey grip
    Scotty Cameron Laguna 2 w/Iomic grip and Cameron & Co headcover

4ijLJCP.png0djnInK.png
  • golfingonly4fungolfingonly4fun Members Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Too much job uncertainty to make many plans, but if I can find a way I'd be so stoked to go back to Portrush for second trip in November, even if it's less than the three weeks last year.
  • EdinburghgolferEdinburghgolfer Members Posts: 456 ✭✭
    1. Florida in early April with my wife. Not strictly a golf holiday as we're going to see family but I am taking my clubs. I have a tee time at World Woods (PB) and we're going down to Streamsong for a couple of nights. I'm really looking forward to playing Red and Blue again. Also going to check out Winter Park in Orlando. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Mountain Lake may happen.

2. A hardcore golf trip with my brother to the great links courses in Lancashire. Four nights: Hillside, Southport & Ainsdale 36, Formby 36, West Lancs 36. Royal Lytham.
    Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
    Cobra F8 3w w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Orange
    Callaway Rogue 5w w/ Oban Isawa Red
    Titleist 818 H1 hybrid w/ Oban Isawa Red
    Srixon z765 5-pw w/ Steelfiber
    Vokey SM7 52F, 56F, 60K w/ Steelfiber
    PXG Darkness Gunboat
  • christoffachristoffa Members Posts: 16
    edited Mar 21, 2017 #134
    TK3 wrote:

Erin Hills (twice)

However, this year I plan to visit my Buddy in NJ to play Bethpage, Trump Ferry & Bayonne (has an "in" to play). I also have a business trip to Coeur D'Alene, ID in September and I plan on playing Circling Raven and the Floating Green @ the Coeur D'Alene GC.

If anyone has an "in" for me to be able to get on Gozzer Ranch GC or The GC @ Black Rock, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! image/golfer.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':golfer:' />

Cheers,

TK

You are going to love Circling Raven and the resort course at CDA resort. We go every year (got married at the resort) and I make it a point to go to the raven and the resort. The resort course is much more user friendly of a layout, but a beautiful 18. Hole 3-6 is one of my favorite stretches of golf, three awesome par 3's and a short but tricky little par 4 that will get your attention if you don't play the right tee shot. I am so jealous! The pick in my profile is from a tee shot on the island green. 30' bomb for birdie!

I can't help you with Gozzer or Black Rock, both are on my list to try and get on.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Driver - titelist-small.jpg 915D3 - Oban Devotion 7/05 Flex
    3Wood -titelist-small.jpg 915 - Oban Devotion 8/05 Flex
    Irons - titelist-small.jpg 716MB 6-PW - PX6.5
    titelist-small.jpg 716CB 4,5 - PX6.5
    Wedges - 52,56,60 Mizuno T7 - PX6.5
    Putter - scotty-small.jpg Select Newport ('15)
  • TK3TK3 TK3 Members Posts: 233 ✭✭

Headed to Myrtle Beach the week of the Masters, playing Caledonia and True Blue as I loved Tobacco Road and wanted to play some more Mike Stranz courses. I also have Prestwick and wild Wing Avocet booked and have 2 more days open. Just booked TPC Myrtle Beach and Kings North as our last 2 rounds.

christoffa wrote:

TK3 wrote:

Erin Hills (twice)

Cheers,

TK

You are going to love Circling Raven and the resort course at CDA resort. We go every year (got married at the resort) and I make it a point to go to the raven and the resort. The resort course is much more user friendly of a layout, but a beautiful 18. Hole 3-6 is one of my favorite stretches of golf, three awesome par 3's and a short but tricky little par 4 that will get your attention if you don't play the right tee shot. I am so jealous! The pick in my profile is from a tee shot on the island green. 30' bomb for birdie!

I can't help you with Gozzer or Black Rock, both are on my list to try and get on.

Thanks Bro!
    My set-up:
    Bag - Sun Mountain MPB
    Driver - Ping G400 MAX with Oban Kiyoshi Purple
    3 Wood - Ryoma F3 / Matrix
    Hybrid - Rocketballz 3 hybrid
    Irons - JDM Titleist VG3 4-PW irons with Nippon Modus 3 shafts
    Wedges - Ping Glide 50* / 54* / 58*
    Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo 33"
    Shoes - Ecco Cage
    Ball - Srixon Z Star
  • ringolfringolf Members Posts: 8
    Well, mostly around Japan and Asia. Hoping to get more funds to travel around, possibly Canada or New Zealand.
    Looking for more golfer friends!! Drop me a message if any of you are interested in coming Japan for golf!!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcFqQcSh5U4lkAU2QXHL6-g
  • EzgolferEzgolfer Members Posts: 3,163 ✭✭
    Jacksonville in August /September with buddies.

Two rounds at TPC Players , Dye valley course

Ocean and Lagoon course and King and Bear course
  • spartan6910spartan6910 Go Green, Go White! San DiegoMembers Posts: 380 ✭✭
    edited Mar 24, 2017 #138
    My dad is getting up there in age and I have two dream trips that I want to take before it's too late (he has heart problems so that could be anytime). So, with that, I'm planning the easier, less-expensive of the two for this summer: a trip of some of the biggest, best public courses in my home state of Michigan.

Planning a 5-day jaunt through the state and hitting the following courses:

Tullymore

Arcadia Bluffs

Bay Harbor

Forest Dunes

Eagle Eye

(and possibly Threetops because we both love that place)

Also would be playing the two courses I used to work at, Northville HIlls and Moose Ridge.

I know it's not the most glamorous trip, but it's something that I've wanted to do with my dad for a while now.

(The second, more-expensive trip is likely to be next summer - Scotland for St. Andrews and a few others.)
    TaylorMade 2016 M1 460 8.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
    Cobra King LTD 13* - Aldila Rogue X
    TaylorMade SLDR 2h 19* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
    Mizuno T-Zoid Comp-EZ 2i - S300
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-P - stock steel XP95
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 51*
    Callaway Mack Daddy 3 58*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
    Bettinardi Queen B #8
    TaylorMade TP5

Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego[/size]
  • ChomperChomper ClubWRX Posts: 1,068 ✭✭
    Flint Hills Nat't and Prairie Dunes in April.

Dismal River in June.

Working on a Pebble trip in August.

Hope for a Seattle trip (Andara) in Sept.

Philly in October - may try for a few in the area (Merion, Aronimink, PV).

Bandon in Dec/Jan.
  • EdinburghgolferEdinburghgolfer Members Posts: 456 ✭✭

My dad is getting up there in age and I have two dream trips that I want to take before it's too late (he has heart problems so that could be anytime). So, with that, I'm planning the easier, less-expensive of the two for this summer: a trip of some of the biggest, best public courses in my home state of Michigan.

Planning a 5-day jaunt through the state and hitting the following courses:

Tullymore

Arcadia Bluffs

Bay Harbor

Forest Dunes

Eagle Eye

(and possibly Threetops because we both love that place)

Also would be playing the two courses I used to work at, Northville HIlls and Moose Ridge.

I know it's not the most glamorous trip, but it's something that I've wanted to do with my dad for a while now.

(The second, more-expensive trip is likely to be next summer - Scotland for St. Andrews and a few others.)

Who care where the trip is to. The most important thing is you're taking a trip with your dad. Have a great time!
    Callaway Rogue w/ AD IZ 
    Cobra F8 3w w/ Aldila NV 2KXV Orange
    Callaway Rogue 5w w/ Oban Isawa Red
    Titleist 818 H1 hybrid w/ Oban Isawa Red
    Srixon z765 5-pw w/ Steelfiber
    Vokey SM7 52F, 56F, 60K w/ Steelfiber
    PXG Darkness Gunboat
  • teejaywhyteejaywhy Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon Members Posts: 7,168 ✭✭
    Bandon in ... 48 hours!!

• One_Putt_BlunderOne_Putt_Blunder Members Posts: 10,801 ✭✭
    teejaywhy wrote:

Bandon in ... 48 hours!!

I'd be really jealous but I've got Scotland in less than 5 months. 2019 is my Bandon target
    [twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
    10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
    14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
    18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
    RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
    Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
    Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
    WITB Link
  • KyleGilligan28KyleGilligan28 Members Posts: 56 ✭✭

Myrtle in March

South Jersey/AC courses in September

May and October plan on 4 day trips. Probably Carroll valley or Penn National in Gettysburg Pa and either a Poconos trip or somewhere in Va.

I'm going with a 18 guy group to Penn National in a couple weeks. What did you think?
  • TK3 wrote:

christoffa wrote:

TK3 wrote:

Erin Hills (twice)

Cheers,

TK

Thanks Bro!

Circling Raven is by far one of the best tracks I have ever been on. Coeur D Alene is cool and all, but Circling Raven will have your mouth open the whole time. Saw nothing but deer, moose a few eagles while i was there also, which was awesome.