ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

15678911»

Comments

  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Advanced Members Posts: 2,577
    TollBros wrote:

    MrFlapjack wrote:


    Have been alternating between the Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2", and the HZRDUS Black 75 6.5 straight in. Both in the same LTD Pro head. I definitely notice the Synergy launching higher, and was using the 8.5 deg loft setting compared to the 9.5 with the HZRDUS. The Synergy is at 45 5/8", and the HZRDUS is at 45 1/8". I actually think my perfect length is right in the middle at 45 3/8". The Synergy does feel softer, and seems to flex a bit more in the swing even when I choke down a bit. Hit 7 of 14 fairways with the Synergy last night in some moderate wind, where I'm usually around 10 with the HZRDUS. I do feel like the HZRDUS is easier to control, but the Synergy definitely isn't wild or anything. I do feel like my distance is more consistent with the HZRDUS though. I'll hit one quite well with the Synergy, but then hit the next one and be way shorter than I expected. Probably not hitting the center of the face as consistently, and seems like I suit the HZRDUS profile a bit better at this point. Will definitely do some more testing though. Wanted to leave it 1/2" long in case I wanted to tip it more. I need to get on a trackman, as I have no idea what my spin numbers are.




    Keep in mind that Hzrdus black is very low balance point and swingweight is quite heavy to headweight. Synergy Black is the opposite. It is slightly counterbalanced so it will swingweight much lighter. The change in balance and swingweight will most definitely affect how you deliver the head to the ball.




    Very true. With the HZRDUS and midsize grip it swingweights at D9 at 45 1/8" so quite heavy. Do you recommend playing at the same length, and adding weight to the head to bring it up to something similar?
    Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,813 ✭✭
    MrFlapjack wrote:

    TollBros wrote:

    MrFlapjack wrote:


    Have been alternating between the Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2", and the HZRDUS Black 75 6.5 straight in. Both in the same LTD Pro head. I definitely notice the Synergy launching higher, and was using the 8.5 deg loft setting compared to the 9.5 with the HZRDUS. The Synergy is at 45 5/8", and the HZRDUS is at 45 1/8". I actually think my perfect length is right in the middle at 45 3/8". The Synergy does feel softer, and seems to flex a bit more in the swing even when I choke down a bit. Hit 7 of 14 fairways with the Synergy last night in some moderate wind, where I'm usually around 10 with the HZRDUS. I do feel like the HZRDUS is easier to control, but the Synergy definitely isn't wild or anything. I do feel like my distance is more consistent with the HZRDUS though. I'll hit one quite well with the Synergy, but then hit the next one and be way shorter than I expected. Probably not hitting the center of the face as consistently, and seems like I suit the HZRDUS profile a bit better at this point. Will definitely do some more testing though. Wanted to leave it 1/2" long in case I wanted to tip it more. I need to get on a trackman, as I have no idea what my spin numbers are.




    Keep in mind that Hzrdus black is very low balance point and swingweight is quite heavy to headweight. Synergy Black is the opposite. It is slightly counterbalanced so it will swingweight much lighter. The change in balance and swingweight will most definitely affect how you deliver the head to the ball.




    Very true. With the HZRDUS and midsize grip it swingweights at D9 at 45 1/8" so quite heavy. Do you recommend playing at the same length, and adding weight to the head to bring it up to something similar?




    If D9 is where you like a driver to be at, maybe try to add some weight when hitting Synergy and see how they compare.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Advanced Members Posts: 2,577
    TollBros wrote:

    MrFlapjack wrote:

    TollBros wrote:

    MrFlapjack wrote:


    Have been alternating between the Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2", and the HZRDUS Black 75 6.5 straight in. Both in the same LTD Pro head. I definitely notice the Synergy launching higher, and was using the 8.5 deg loft setting compared to the 9.5 with the HZRDUS. The Synergy is at 45 5/8", and the HZRDUS is at 45 1/8". I actually think my perfect length is right in the middle at 45 3/8". The Synergy does feel softer, and seems to flex a bit more in the swing even when I choke down a bit. Hit 7 of 14 fairways with the Synergy last night in some moderate wind, where I'm usually around 10 with the HZRDUS. I do feel like the HZRDUS is easier to control, but the Synergy definitely isn't wild or anything. I do feel like my distance is more consistent with the HZRDUS though. I'll hit one quite well with the Synergy, but then hit the next one and be way shorter than I expected. Probably not hitting the center of the face as consistently, and seems like I suit the HZRDUS profile a bit better at this point. Will definitely do some more testing though. Wanted to leave it 1/2" long in case I wanted to tip it more. I need to get on a trackman, as I have no idea what my spin numbers are.




    Keep in mind that Hzrdus black is very low balance point and swingweight is quite heavy to headweight. Synergy Black is the opposite. It is slightly counterbalanced so it will swingweight much lighter. The change in balance and swingweight will most definitely affect how you deliver the head to the ball.




    Very true. With the HZRDUS and midsize grip it swingweights at D9 at 45 1/8" so quite heavy. Do you recommend playing at the same length, and adding weight to the head to bring it up to something similar?




    If D9 is where you like a driver to be at, maybe try to add some weight when hitting Synergy and see how they compare.




    The Synergy also measures D9 at 1/2" longer than the HZRDUS so goes to show how tip heavy it is. I do like the heavier swing weight, but would have to cut down the Synergy to add more weight as I don't think I would go heavier now. Will give it a few more rounds and see.
    Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
    Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
    Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)
  • Go_TimeGo_Time _ Advanced Members Posts: 2,238
    If anyone is interested in trading their 75g for my 65g let me know.
  • Go_TimeGo_Time _ Advanced Members Posts: 2,238
    I'd also sell my 65 outright - it's listed in the BST
  • erjavicdesignerjavicdesign Advanced Members Posts: 301
    Been gaming a 75TX Synergy Black tipped 1" in an M4. Shaft came from another member here who purchased from Toll.



    So far its been amazing! The flight is comparable to the Speeder 757 Evo III Tipped 3/4" that I have gamed the last two seasons. The spin and distance seems to be a bit better than the Speeder (getting about 5-10 yards more distance). Accuracy has been much more consistent than the Speeder.



    My TM M4 Head weighed 195g without the adapter. At 45" exactly the combo was swing weighting out to D1 with a frequency of 280. I added lead tape to the rear of the sole, as far back as possible, to get the swing weight to a heavier D5. It now frequencies at 276.



    I swing with a very aggressive transition at around 111-115. I am 5' 9". I like the heavier swing weight as I can feel the head better.



    This shaft is very playable with the 1" tipping. It definitely needs to be a hard committed swing though. With this combination I do feel its a bit hard to get a 30 yard draw but the shaft is workable at 10-20 yards either way.



    Hope this info helps anyone looking to find one or trying to find a good fit with theirs.
  • Weston11Weston11 Advanced Members Posts: 166 ✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Thank you, Toll, for making these available. I ordered the 70TX black through you and have been absolutely loving it. After literally trying every high-end, low-spin shaft, I didn’t think it was possible to create something so low spinning that actually feels good. I’m in the 118 mph range and was consistently over 3k spin with other low-spin shafts. I’m around 2500 with the Synergy Black and love the way it feels. Thanks again for your detailed data and for putting these out for sale!



    Thank you, Toll, for making these available. I ordered the 70TX black through you and have been absolutely loving. After literally trying every high-end shaft, I didn’t think it was possible or to create something so low spinning that actually feels good. I’m in the 118 mph range and was consistently over 3k spin with other low-spin shafts. I’m around 2500 with the Synergy Black and love the way it feels. Thanks again for your detailed data and for putting these out for sale!
    Driver: TS3 8.5 - Evenflow White 75 6.5
    Fairway: TS2 15 - Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 80
    Irons: 718 AP2 (4-9) - DG TI X100
    Wedges: SM7 46F, 51F, 55S, and 59D - DG TI S400 Onyx
    Putter: Byron Morgan 615
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,813 ✭✭
    Weston11 wrote:


    Thank you, Toll, for making these available. I ordered the 70TX black through you and have been absolutely loving it. After literally trying every high-end, low-spin shaft, I didn’t think it was possible to create something so low spinning that actually feels good. I’m in the 118 mph range and was consistently over 3k spin with other low-spin shafts. I’m around 2500 with the Synergy Black and love the way it feels. Thanks again for your detailed data and for putting these out for sale!



    Thank you, Toll, for making these available. I ordered the 70TX black through you and have been absolutely loving. After literally trying every high-end shaft, I didn’t think it was possible or to create something so low spinning that actually feels good. I’m in the 118 mph range and was consistently over 3k spin with other low-spin shafts. I’m around 2500 with the Synergy Black and love the way it feels. Thanks again for your detailed data and for putting these out for sale!




    I'm very happy you are loving it. It was very limited and very unique in performance. I still use the 70tx in my driver myself.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • PepsiDuckPepsiDuck Advanced Members Posts: 1,838 ✭✭
    TollBros wrote:


    I'm very happy you are loving it. It was very limited and very unique in performance. I still use the 70tx in my driver myself.




    Toll, curious to know if the Synergy still your gamer...?
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) 10.5* - Aldila Synergy Black 70TX
    TaylorMade M2 (2017) Tour 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 757 X
    Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
    Miura CB57 4-P - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Miura Series 1957 Wedges - 51* (Y), 56* (K) - KBS C-Taper Lite X
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 60*
    TaylorMade Spider Tour Red
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors Posts: 4,813 ✭✭
    PepsiDuck wrote:

    TollBros wrote:


    I'm very happy you are loving it. It was very limited and very unique in performance. I still use the 70tx in my driver myself.




    Toll, curious to know if the Synergy still your gamer...?




    No sir. I am currently toggling between ATX Tour Graphene green, which used the tech from synergy Protos to develop the profile and tech for the new ATX line, and Rogue 130 white. The ATX give me near identical numbers to Synergy Black but in a slightly firmer and more controlled feel. I just have a little more confidence in this feel.
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

    Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.
  • Stinger26Stinger26 Advanced Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    HELP!



    After experimenting with 984 shafts I found the perfect shaft in the synergy black. But I recently noticed a faint crackling sound when I lean down on the club to tee the ball. I don't notice any change in performance, but still worried, as this shaft is hard to replace. Could it be the just a paint or overcoat crack? Isn't the material in modern shafts super strong nowadays? I attached a picture to show the line that runs down the shaft by the tip. I can feel it a little when i run my finger along the crack.



    Anyone else have this experience? Please share. Thanks.



    PXG 0811X GEN2 9* - Aldila Synergy Black TX (44.5")
    TaylorMade M2 Tour 15* - Kuro Kage XD 80 TX (42.75")
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron [1* strong (19*)] - Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
    Miura MC-501 4-PW - Nippon Super Peening Blue X
    SM7 Raw F Grind 50 - TT DG TI S400
    SM7 Raw S Grind 55 - TT DG TI S400
    SM7 Raw M Grind 60 - TT DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Select 2014 Newport / Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Stealth
  • Kale_mKale_m Advanced Members Posts: 1,627 ✭✭
    Stinger26 wrote:


    HELP!



    After experimenting with 984 shafts I found the perfect shaft in the synergy black. But I recently noticed a faint crackling sound when I lean down on the club to tee the ball. I don't notice any change in performance, but still worried, as this shaft is hard to replace. Could it be the just a paint or overcoat crack? Isn't the material in modern shafts super strong nowadays? I attached a picture to show the line that runs down the shaft by the tip. I can feel it a little when i run my finger along the crack.



    Anyone else have this experience? Please share. Thanks.







    If you can feel a crack then it is probably toast
    Taylormade M4 9.5 (set to 7.5) Tensei Pro Orange 70tx
    3w — undecided
    Taylormade 790 UDI 2 iron Tensei Pro White 90tx
    Callaway Apex MB Raw TIX100
    Tm milled grind 52/56
    Tm hi toe 60
    Tm spider x 35” navy with true path alignment
  • mws92mws92 Advanced Members Posts: 987 ✭✭
    Stinger26 wrote:


    HELP!



    After experimenting with 984 shafts I found the perfect shaft in the synergy black. But I recently noticed a faint crackling sound when I lean down on the club to tee the ball. I don't notice any change in performance, but still worried, as this shaft is hard to replace. Could it be the just a paint or overcoat crack? Isn't the material in modern shafts super strong nowadays? I attached a picture to show the line that runs down the shaft by the tip. I can feel it a little when i run my finger along the crack.



    Anyone else have this experience? Please share. Thanks.







    Leaning on the shaft usually puts stress in the epoxy region - that's usually the popping and cracking sound since they aren't as flexible as the shaft itself.
  • Stinger26Stinger26 Advanced Members Posts: 200 ✭✭
    mws92 wrote:

    Stinger26 wrote:


    HELP!



    After experimenting with 984 shafts I found the perfect shaft in the synergy black. But I recently noticed a faint crackling sound when I lean down on the club to tee the ball. I don't notice any change in performance, but still worried, as this shaft is hard to replace. Could it be the just a paint or overcoat crack? Isn't the material in modern shafts super strong nowadays? I attached a picture to show the line that runs down the shaft by the tip. I can feel it a little when i run my finger along the crack.



    Anyone else have this experience? Please share. Thanks.







    Leaning on the shaft usually puts stress in the epoxy region - that's usually the popping and cracking sound since they aren't as flexible as the shaft itself.
    Thank you for your response. Do I need to get this fixed or is can I continue to play on?
    PXG 0811X GEN2 9* - Aldila Synergy Black TX (44.5")
    TaylorMade M2 Tour 15* - Kuro Kage XD 80 TX (42.75")
    Titleist 718 T-MB 3-iron [1* strong (19*)] - Project X HZRDUS Black 105g 6.5
    Miura MC-501 4-PW - Nippon Super Peening Blue X
    SM7 Raw F Grind 50 - TT DG TI S400
    SM7 Raw S Grind 55 - TT DG TI S400
    SM7 Raw M Grind 60 - TT DG TI S400
    Scotty Cameron Select 2014 Newport / Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Stealth
  • Rosco1216Rosco1216 Advanced Members Posts: 2,974 ✭✭
    Stinger26 wrote:

    mws92 wrote:

    Stinger26 wrote:


    HELP!



    After experimenting with 984 shafts I found the perfect shaft in the synergy black. But I recently noticed a faint crackling sound when I lean down on the club to tee the ball. I don't notice any change in performance, but still worried, as this shaft is hard to replace. Could it be the just a paint or overcoat crack? Isn't the material in modern shafts super strong nowadays? I attached a picture to show the line that runs down the shaft by the tip. I can feel it a little when i run my finger along the crack.



    Anyone else have this experience? Please share. Thanks.







    Leaning on the shaft usually puts stress in the epoxy region - that's usually the popping and cracking sound since they aren't as flexible as the shaft itself.
    Thank you for your response. Do I need to get this fixed or is can I continue to play on?




    Play it until when/if you notice a change in performance.
    Tour Issue M3 8.5*(7.4* @ 3.4* open) - Diamana DF 70tx
    FW - who knows
    P790 UDI 17* - PX 7.0
    Miura CB 1008(4-P) - PX 7.0
    Bridgestone TourB XW1 50/55//60* - X100
    Piretti Matera 2 Limited Release


    https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova
  • mws92mws92 Advanced Members Posts: 987 ✭✭
    Stinger26 wrote:

    mws92 wrote:

    Stinger26 wrote:


    HELP!



    After experimenting with 984 shafts I found the perfect shaft in the synergy black. But I recently noticed a faint crackling sound when I lean down on the club to tee the ball. I don't notice any change in performance, but still worried, as this shaft is hard to replace. Could it be the just a paint or overcoat crack? Isn't the material in modern shafts super strong nowadays? I attached a picture to show the line that runs down the shaft by the tip. I can feel it a little when i run my finger along the crack.



    Anyone else have this experience? Please share. Thanks.







    Leaning on the shaft usually puts stress in the epoxy region - that's usually the popping and cracking sound since they aren't as flexible as the shaft itself.
    Thank you for your response. Do I need to get this fixed or is can I continue to play on?




    if you hear the same sound during an impact yes but otherwise no you are fine. Might go easy leaning on it.
15678911»
Sign In or Register to comment.