Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

I've got a few rounds under my belt with it and it's a solid shaft, not particularly low launching for me, it def. launches higher than my D+ TX. Spin seems low but I have no numbers, I tipped it 1/2", very straight shaft with some fade bias, basically takes the left side out of play for me. It actually reminds me a lot of the AD DI, seems to be more mid kick low spin. Cool temps and damp ground I got a few out 280-290 carry hitting fades. Honestly, not sure that it's gonna knock my D+ out of the bag, need some more time with it.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a few rounds under my belt with it and it's a solid shaft, not particularly low launching for me, it def. launches higher than my D+ TX. Spin seems low but I have no numbers, I tipped it 1/2", very straight shaft with some fade bias, basically takes the left side out of play for me. It actually reminds me a lot of the AD DI, seems to be more mid kick low spin. Cool temps and damp ground I got a few out 280-290 carry hitting fades. Honestly, not sure that it's gonna knock my D+ out of the bag, need some more time with it.

What head is it in?

What head is it in?

2017 M2 9.5 199g head, playing at 45.25"

Does anyone have a tip to graphics measurement for these? I am trying to figure out if any tipping has been done on my 75tx. Thanks!

Ping G430 Max 10K 9* with GD Tour AD VF 5 stiff untipped

Taylormade Burner Mini 13.5* with GD Tour AD VF 6 stiff untipped 

Ping i530 4-P,U with Fujikura Axiom 125x 

Ping s159 wedges 52s, 56s, 60h with Fujikura Axiom 125x

Odyssey Ai One Milled Eight T S

2024 Callaway Tour 
Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 +1/64"
Ogio Silencer bag

does anyone have any experience with the Synergy 75 in a Titleist D3 ? have my shaft haven't installed titleist tip yet mulling over the thought of putting it in a new M3/M4

I'd love to assist you but we have honestly done zero of these in anything Titleist. Not a single customer build in anything but Taylormade, Ping or Callaway.

Excited I made the order for the 70tx. Looking forward to comparing it against the ATMOS black I play currently. Waiting for tipping suggestions but I play the ATMOS 7x Black tipped at 1.25” in the M1 460 8* tour issued head set to “lower”. Thinking of tipping 1.5” to a full 2”. Swing 130mph give or take on the day and dying to get spin off the ball.

Excited I made the order for the 70tx. Looking forward to comparing it against the ATMOS black I play currently. Waiting for tipping suggestions but I play the ATMOS 7x Black tipped at 1.25” in the M1 460 8* tour issued head set to “lower”. Thinking of tipping 1.5” to a full 2”. Swing 130mph give or take on the day and dying to get spin off the ball.

Check your PM's. We are closed today, but as usual I'm putting in some OT to try to stay ahead of things. :)

Check your PM's. We are closed today, but as usual I'm putting in some OT to try to stay ahead of things. :)

Lol! Thanks! Excited is an understatement to get this in my hands. But for anyone following Toll has been awesome to deal with via the interwebz. Thanks again!

does anyone have any experience with the Synergy 75 in a Titleist D3 ? have my shaft haven't installed titleist tip yet mulling over the thought of putting it in a new M3/M4

I'd love to assist you but we have honestly done zero of these in anything Titleist. Not a single customer build in anything but Taylormade, Ping or Callaway.

In all your testing and customer feedback which OEM has had the best results with the synergy build

I'm not an animal like you young guns I'm 48 , can still get just north of 110 on aggressive swings.

In all your testing and customer feedback which OEM has had the best results with the synergy build

I'm not an animal like you young guns I'm 48 , can still get just north of 110 on aggressive swings.

Most of our testers use Taylormade drivers with a few using Callaway and a few Ping. Pretty much exactly like most customers it seems. I personally like Taylormade best because I can buy Tour woods that I know 100% of the specs on. Until I can do the same with other manufacturers, I'll use exclusively Taylormade woods. I tell you this because it's not necessarily that they are superior to Ping or Callaway but I can dial them in for me best. Now to directly answer your question, I'd say the guys playing Synergy in the Ping drivers are probably the most elated. It takes a wood they like and has good ball speeds, bit isn't necessarily low spin in comparison with something like M1 or M3 and slashes the spin enough to pull it into a competitive and playable window. Synergy Black 75 could allow me to play a Ping driver if I wanted to, and that really has never been the case before. All that said, Taylormade is the predominant and overwealming choice for both staff and customers.

Fellas -- I was going to be posting in here with great news and some on course testing -- but unfortunately, i've had one of the worst weekends i've had in a long time, not just in golf but in my personal life. i won't get into it here but, lets just say that if golf wasn't the only thing on my mind this weekend.

as for the golf - the reason i can't give more of a review is b/c i played friday through sunday without a driver -- since i cracked my second G400 10.5 in less than 3 months.

for the golf i DID play with the driver on thursday - it was simply put: the best club in my bag. i hit all but 2 fairways all day with it, outdrove my playing partners by 20-30y on average and on Arccos Driver golf app, measured 'king' on 6 holes with my longest of the day being 334y, and the others hovering between 291-308.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Most of our testers use Taylormade drivers with a few using Callaway and a few Ping. Pretty much exactly like most customers it seems. I personally like Taylormade best because I can buy Tour woods that I know 100% of the specs on. Until I can do the same with other manufacturers, I'll use exclusively Taylormade woods. I tell you this because it's not necessarily that they are superior to Ping or Callaway but I can dial them in for me best. Now to directly answer your question, I'd say the guys playing Synergy in the Ping drivers are probably the most elated. It takes a wood they like and has good ball speeds, bit isn't necessarily low spin in comparison with something like M1 or M3 and slashes the spin enough to pull it into a competitive and playable window. Synergy Black 75 could allow me to play a Ping driver if I wanted to, and that really has never been the case before. All that said, Taylormade is the predominant and overwealming choice for both staff and customers.

I will chime in here on the heads and also some recent shaft comparisons. My ss now averages mid 100s maxing at 110 for those reading, all shafts untipped playing 44.5" at D4.

I first tried the Synergy in my regular Epic and then a M1 440, and was close to fully moving to the M1 440. Then I recently got my hands on a tour issue Epic SZ "L Stamp" and now the spin is closer to the M1 440. Overall I would say the 440 is more explosive on dead center hits, but the Epic SZ L Stamp is more forgiving across the face. Still undecided on what I will game for 2018, but now leaning more toward the Epic SZ L than the 440, as I am not the best ball striker.

As far as shafts, I still believe that the Synergy is lowest spinning overall HOWEVER i think I can get a couple mph/yards extra out of the Pro Orange V3 TX (and maybe even the KK DC XT TX) on dead center strikes. Feel is better for me on the PO and KK but the Synergy is not bad at all, very "one piece" load as JT has described, but doesn't have that "kick" sensation the other two do.

Another note for those looking for comparisons. I thought the feel on the Black Mamba was terrible personally, borderline HZRDUS black.

Decisions, decisions...

I will chime in here on the heads and also some recent shaft comparisons. My ss now averages mid 100s maxing at 110 for those reading, all shafts untipped playing 44.5" at D4.

I first tried the Synergy in my regular Epic and then a M1 440, and was close to fully moving to the M1 440. Then I recently got my hands on a tour issue Epic SZ "L Stamp" and now the spin is closer to the M1 440. Overall I would say the 440 is more explosive on dead center hits, but the Epic SZ L Stamp is more forgiving across the face. Still undecided on what I will game for 2018, but now leaning more toward the Epic SZ L than the 440, as I am not the best ball striker.

As far as shafts, I still believe that the Synergy is lowest spinning overall HOWEVER i think I can get a couple mph/yards extra out of the Pro Orange V3 TX (and maybe even the KK DC XT TX) on dead center strikes. Feel is better for me on the PO and KK but the Synergy is not bad at all, very "one piece" load as JT has described, but doesn't have that "kick" sensation the other two do.

Another note for those looking for comparisons. I thought the feel on the Black Mamba was terrible personally, borderline HZRDUS black.

Decisions, decisions...

The KK DC XT 70TX has been stellar for me and really tight on dispersion. Just got to try an Orange V3 on course last week and was really impressed as well and might have been getting a little more speed out of it but hard to say. Can't go wrong with any of these shafts

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Fellas -- I was going to be posting in here with great news and some on course testing -- but unfortunately, i've had one of the worst weekends i've had in a long time, not just in golf but in my personal life. i won't get into it here but, lets just say that if golf wasn't the only thing on my mind this weekend.

as for the golf - the reason i can't give more of a review is b/c i played friday through sunday without a driver -- since i cracked my second G400 10.5 in less than 3 months.

for the golf i DID play with the driver on thursday - it was simply put: the best club in my bag. i hit all but 2 fairways all day with it, outdrove my playing partners by 20-30y on average and on Arccos Driver golf app, measured 'king' on 6 holes with my longest of the day being 334y, and the others hovering between 291-308.

Hate to hear that Gio. I'm sure the guys appreciate the shaft report, but more so we hope that you are yours are safe and that whatever issues you're addressing come to a positive conclusion.

The KK DC XT 70TX has been stellar for me and really tight on dispersion. Just got to try an Orange V3 on course last week and was really impressed as well and might have been getting a little more speed out of it but hard to say. Can't go wrong with any of these shafts

Pro Orange is a phenomenal shaft as well. From a speed perspective it's the best I've hit. I personally, am just a tiny bit less consistent with it than Kkdc XT or Synergy, choosing Synergy because of the slightly lower spin rate. There's no going wrong with any of them.

Just got my 70TX trimmed and glued up, can't wait to hit it! Thanks for the tipping advise Toll!

Gio- Best of luck and hope all works out for the best. You information in this forum has been invaluable. Take care of yourself and your family.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Driver: M3 440 + Synergy 70TX or Tensi White 70TX
2-iron: Cobra Forged CB | KBS Tour 130x
3-PW: MP18 MB | KBS Tour 130x
50 = Mizuno T7 | KBS Tour 130x
54/58 = Fourteen RM22 Raw | KBS TourV
Scotty Laguna 1.5

Just got my 70TX trimmed and glued up, can't wait to hit it! Thanks for the tipping advise Toll!

Gio- Best of luck and hope all works out for the best. You information in this forum has been invaluable. Take care of yourself and your family.

thanks for the kind words - appreciate it more than u guys know.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

It's your future.....I see.....an M series. ;)

It's your future.....I see.....an M series. ;)

lol nah, i'm more of a 911 fan. specifically between 78-83.

;)

but yes, i'll be getting an M3 soon -- 440/460 TBD.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

How does this shaft compare to the Hzdrus Black?

better feel (smoother overall from grip-tip, but firmer feedback if that makes sense), more stable, lower spinning, and a bit lower launching. just my opinion.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

better feel (smoother overall from grip-tip, but firmer feedback if that makes sense), more stable, lower spinning, and a bit lower launching. just my opinion.

Agree.

Also, hope you are doing better Gio!

thank you brother -- slowly getting out of it...taking it day by day

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

With that said, any ideas if there will be a Hybrid release? Looking at the HZRDUS black 105g for a driving iron but am always looking to kill more spin. Great feedback so far.

With that said, any ideas if there will be a Hybrid release? Looking at the HZRDUS black 105g for a driving iron but am always looking to kill more spin. Great feedback so far.

Tensei white hybrid 100tx is what you're looking for.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Interesting, do you think launch is comparable? I haven’t heard much about the Tensi to be honest.

Interesting, do you think launch is comparable? I havent heard much about the Tensi to be honest.

Check out the thread...

The tensei launches a touch lower than the black, by my observations

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I'd agree with that. I hit it slightly higher than Hzrdus Black, but definitely lower spin.

I was told there isn't a play for a Synergy Black hybrid release but who knows. If the other profiles do well at retail I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen. As for hybrids, I agree with Gio, Tensei pro white is A#1 choice.