Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

Finally got my 70tx out on the course today. Mine was tipped 2" after talking to TollBros and to be honest I thought it felt supper loose.... then I hit the ball and just smashed it, all day. I have never hit a ball so consistently hard. Shortest ball all day on course was 328 with a long of 356.

I was seriously worried that the shaft was either weak, wasn't tipped correctly, or was not going to work for me with the "waggle test". Man I couldn't have been more wrong. I'm hoping with a bit more time I'll just hit it better but for having never swung the shaft before it was a fantastic day.

My thoughts exactly. Feels almost loose (waggle test). It's not boardy from the middle to the tip like most Mitsubishi shafts, which I'm actually a fan of because I do find Mitsubishi shafts to be extremely straight. However, it doesn't need to be because it's still a very straight shaft and is probably the longest shaft I've hit. The ball just seems to explode and hang forever and roll forever. Very interesting shaft.

Totally agree. I was expecting a very stiff feeling since I’ve never tipped a driver 2” and it still felt extremely smooth. But you’re right... it hits bombs. Ball was high, flat, and rolled. However into the wind I hit one bullet on purpose so it’s not a shaft you CANT hit low.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tour presence? I'm not seeing it. Perhaps it's too low spinning for even the tour's strongest. Average driver spin on tour is still around 2500.

Good question. But I’ll try to provide numbers. I’m typically at the speeds of the tours fastest with a driver (~130mph) and try to keep spin around 2,000. I’m not playing your golf so I just enjoy hitting bombs. The further the better just for the sake of entertainment. Maybe it’s tough to work shots and keep things in the fairway? I don’t get to play on your fairways (speedways the way the balls bounds and runs) my ball typically plugs so it’s a dream shaft for me so far.

Tour presence? I'm not seeing it. Perhaps it's too low spinning for even the tour's strongest. Average driver spin on tour is still around 2500.

Good question. But I'll try to provide numbers. I'm typically at the speeds of the tours fastest with a driver (~130mph) and try to keep spin around 2,000. I'm not playing your golf so I just enjoy hitting bombs. The further the better just for the sake of entertainment. Maybe it's tough to work shots and keep things in the fairway? I don't get to play on your fairways (speedways the way the balls bounds and runs) my ball typically plugs so it's a dream shaft for me so far.

Perfectly said.

At your speed you're definitely going to entertain your foursome and have bragging rights, regardless of the shaft you're gaming.

Finally got my 70tx out on the course today. Mine was tipped 2" after talking to TollBros and to be honest I thought it felt supper loose.... then I hit the ball and just smashed it, all day. I have never hit a ball so consistently hard. Shortest ball all day on course was 328 with a long of 356.

I was seriously worried that the shaft was either weak, wasn't tipped correctly, or was not going to work for me with the "waggle test". Man I couldn't have been more wrong. I'm hoping with a bit more time I'll just hit it better but for having never swung the shaft before it was a fantastic day.

My thoughts exactly. Feels almost loose (waggle test). It's not boardy from the middle to the tip like most Mitsubishi shafts, which I'm actually a fan of because I do find Mitsubishi shafts to be extremely straight. However, it doesn't need to be because it's still a very straight shaft and is probably the longest shaft I've hit. The ball just seems to explode and hang forever and roll forever. Very interesting shaft.

Totally agree. I was expecting a very stiff feeling since I’ve never tipped a driver 2” and it still felt extremely smooth. But you’re right... it hits bombs. Ball was high, flat, and rolled. However into the wind I hit one bullet on purpose so it’s not a shaft you CANT hit low.

Very happy to hear it. That's why I said 2 inches at your speed. The shaft has life in it when you waggle it but man can you stomp the throttle and it will just stay right where it needs to be. Hot and massively low spin.

Rickey Folwer just put it in play. If you know the Tour, the vans can't travel to Hawaii so the player's don't really get a chance to start trying the new stuff until they hit California. So it's only been a short time that most have even seen it.

Very happy to hear it. That's why I said 2 inches at your speed. The shaft has life in it when you waggle it but man can you stomp the throttle and it will just stay right where it needs to be. Hot and massively low spin.

Perfect description. It pretty much failed my “waggle test” and I expected high spinners. But man I can swing as hard as I want and I have yet to catch a ballooning ball. Even when left out to the right it never upshoots. Pretty cool.

Perfect description. It pretty much failed my “waggle test” and I expected high spinners. But man I can swing as hard as I want and I have yet to catch a ballooning ball. Even when left out to the right it never upshoots. Pretty cool.

That's the beauty of the high end product. It offers massive spin cutting but still gives you a shaft that doesn't feel like a broomstick when you swing it.

Wow, those numbers don't lie!

I have a couple more blocks to put up. The lower the swing speed, the flatter the launch got. It doesn't react like most shafts when you leave them untipped. Normally there's enough tip action in almost anything untipped to retain some level of launch, but the Synergy is still massively low spin without tipping. It starts really spin cutting at 1/2 inch and at 1 inch I was getting spin numbers under 2000. Make no mistake, this Proto Synergy will not be playable for some players, but for others it's the Holy Grail. I would prefer nobody make the purchase of this shaft without consulting me on tipping info for it. You are really running the risk of getting a shaft that hits a ball you cannot keep in the air if you fly blind on this one. It is absolutely not for everyone.

I completely agree. I've traditionally played low/low shafts and haven't struggled with too much spin with a 915 D3 7.5* head or a M1 9.5* head. I've yet to have this M2 head on Trackman, but I'd be surprised if I ever needed something as low spin as what the Synergy is showing.

Have you noticed a spin RPM range in which testers are most accurate?

And that's why they make great product for all levels of launch and spin. Not everyone needs a shaft like this. Some guys hit a Tensei Pro Blue or a Rogue 125 much better. It's all about getting what's best for you. I however, need the massive spin cut because of the speed, so to me, things like new tech and material construction that really drops the spin rates while retaining feel is very exciting. For guys who don't spin it a lot, they couldn't care less. Haha

As for accuracy, that's really more the dynamic of what you feel most comfortable with and how consistently you make contact. I personally have found Synergy to be very consistent just like Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT for me. I wouldn't say one is massively more consistent than the other, and I'm comfortable with both. If you are just asking about a consistentcy level and if it performs as expect each and every swing, to that I can say certainly yes.

I took the Synergy/Epon 105 out to Ojai Valley Inn and Spa yesterday. What a stunning setting/course. $60 - totally recommend playing it if you haven't.

Anyway, I'll be honest. Historically I hate Aldila shafts (I'm a Mitsubishi guy) but this shaft keeps impressing me more and more every time I play it. I had the Rogue 125MSI and it was much lower launching (I think the Synergy is a true mid launch shaft) but it didn't feel anywhere near as good and although still very low spinning, it was affected by wind much more.

This is a VERY unique shaft. It launches mid even slightly high sometimes but wind has no effect on it. At all.

It feels amazing. I had a Diamana X in the Epon 105 before and the feel was muted, which I didn't like. Now the feel is absolutely sublime. It's almost like a metallic rubber (I realize that makes less than no sense). I'm also consistently hitting balls further than I have in a long time.

I still think there are better pure point and shoot shafts, but it's still very straight and if you want to, you can work the ball both ways quite easily.

Definitely the most unique shaft I've ever hit.

I took the Synergy/Epon 105 out to Ojai Valley Inn and Spa yesterday. What a stunning setting/course. $60 - totally recommend playing it if you haven't.

Anyway, I'll be honest. Historically I hate Aldila shafts (I'm a Mitsubishi guy) but this shaft keeps impressing me more and more every time I play it. I had the Rogue 125MSI and it was much lower launching (I think the Synergy is a true mid launch shaft) but it didn't feel anywhere near as good and although still very low spinning, it was affected by wind much more.

This is a VERY unique shaft. It launches mid even slightly high sometimes but wind has no effect on it. At all.

It feels amazing. I had a Diamana X in the Epon 105 before and the feel was muted, which I didn't like. Now the feel is absolutely sublime. It's almost like a metallic rubber (I realize that makes less than no sense). I'm also consistently hitting balls further than I have in a long time.

I still think there are better pure point and shoot shafts, but it's still very straight and if you want to, you can work the ball both ways quite easily.

Definitely the most unique shaft I've ever hit.

That what we keep hearing from customers and our testers. The shaft feels smooth amd powerful but doesn't spin at all. One said it feels like a blueboard when you swing it, but spins like a piece of rebar. Haha.

It's true. It's not harsh feeling in the least. It's metallic rubber. Again, that's entirely idiotic but what can I say! It is.

I've gotten my swing-speed back up into the 130s (I know, eye-roll) in a short amount of time and this shaft 75TX tipped 1" is now really starting to perform. At 118-120 I don't think I was challenging it enough and I didn't see what it was capable of in terms of distance. Now I can feel it loading and unloading and the ball just explodes off the face. It's a really unique, excellent shaft.

Is there any way to tell the difference between the synergy black vs blue?

Is there any graphical way to distinguish black vs blue profile?

VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Nike RZN Black

Is there any way to tell the difference between the synergy black vs blue?

Is there any graphical way to distinguish black vs blue profile?

Actually I think they look similar. Myself and a buddy both got the Black from Toll and my buddy actually checked with Aldila and confirmed it was the black. But the Blue should have blue tint instead of black. But I know it’s hard to tell via website images.

yes, i just received mine. it IS stamped with prototype, but if i happen to not get along with it, just wondering if i need to resell it how i can ensure the next guy it's the real deal.

also, for anyone else who is already gaming it, how did you get the grip to standard? i know the butt is larger than standard (.645 i think?) but not sure if it tapers quickly enough that i can throw a .60 grip on there or if i have to go undersize and tape up.

VPR Strike Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
VPR Strike 3 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT X100
Vokey SM7 52F 58K 62M
2012 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Nike RZN Black

Toll

Will there be a green profile?

There is currently a green version but from what I found out it was quite limited. Based on the Tour Green profile. I received this information when I called up Aldila a few weeks ago to ask about a shaft I had received.

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

Toll

There is currently a green version but from what I found out it was quite limited. Based on the Tour Green profile. I received this information when I called up Aldila a few weeks ago to ask about a shaft I had received.

Thanks, been having good results with the black profile in my driver! Would like to try the green profile if they become easier to find!

Toll

Yes there will. It will be a profile in between the black and the blue.

Gee, that sounds more like a bruise. :taunt:

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Toll

Yes there will. It will be a profile in between the black and the blue.

Gee, that sounds more like a bruise. :taunt:

haha. I suppose so. It's the profile many guys will like, who don't quite need the massive spin cut of the black. Your average player could not keep the black in the air, so the green is a better option for a retail release.

I've got 6 rounds in with the Synergy Black. This thing is impressive. I'm only 112-114 SS guy and have previously played the same Accra shaft for 5 years. After 1 round with SB, I made up my mind to switch. High Launch with ZERO spin is fun

G430 LST 9°  Autoflex505x
SIM 15° RDX Blue 70TX

Cobra King Tec 19° hybrid RDX Black 9-6.5
Mizuno 245 Modus120x
Vokey SM6 50,55,60
Tank Cruiser #1

I've got 6 rounds in with the Synergy Black. This thing is impressive. I'm only 112-114 SS guy and have previously played the same Accra shaft for 5 years. After 1 round with SB, I made up my mind to switch. High Launch with ZERO spin is fun

I have around the same average SS and am currently using the CK Pro White 70TX...seriously considering jumping on board...I'd like to get a little more height while cutting down on the spin a little bit...

...but then again, I could probably just try to fix my swing... :dntknw:

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

Did you go with 60 or 70 gram

Ping G400 Max 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Ping G400 3 crossover Alta stiff
Callaway Apex 4-SW recoil 780 stiff
Cleveland cbx 60* recoil stiff
Biomech Acculock
Snell MTB Black

I am Swedish guy with a 106 ss who realy needs to cut spinn? I tried the new Ping G400 max. The least spinning shaft they had to offer was Hzrdus Yellow 6.0 hitting 4 degrees up and spinn 3000, and I was adding loft. Tried a GD ADDI 7x ,felt a little Heavy.

I coluld get an upgrade to Aldila Copperhead 60-stiff at 64 gram will that help? Tipping? Other piece of advice from you guys?

Regards drpeo

I have around the same average SS and am currently using the CK Pro White 70TX...seriously considering jumping on board...I'd like to get a little more height while cutting down on the spin a little bit...

Yes fixing your swing is the better call

I haven't played the Pro White, but I don't think you'll regret the SB. It should fix both problems.

Did you go with 60 or 70 gram

mine says 75 TX, not sure what actual is.

G430 LST 9°  Autoflex505x
SIM 15° RDX Blue 70TX

Cobra King Tec 19° hybrid RDX Black 9-6.5
Mizuno 245 Modus120x
Vokey SM6 50,55,60
Tank Cruiser #1

I am Swedish guy with a 106 ss who realy needs to cut spinn? I tried the new Ping G400 max. The least spinning shaft they had to offer was Hzrdus Yellow 6.0 hitting 4 degrees up and spinn 3000, and I was adding loft. Tried a GD ADDI 7x ,felt a little Heavy.

I coluld get an upgrade to Aldila Copperhead 60-stiff at 64 gram will that help? Tipping? Other piece of advice from you guys?

Regards drpeo

The retail copperhead won't spin less than the Hzrdus yellow. Both are mid spin shafts. Both are also counterbanced so if you're looking for counterbanced with a big dip in spin your best bet is Tensei Pro Orange.