2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

I am thinking of pairing one of these with a g400 max . Low spin plus max moi

I have the 70TX paired with a Ping G400 LST and it's FANTASTIC!!!

How do you compare to the KK DC XT?

I'm currently playing the kk xt (non DC) and its a monster in the 8.5 g400 lst head

Everybody relax, I’m here

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know you do not give shaft advice, but is the syn black comparable to Speeder Evo II ? In my fitting it was the only shaft that's "lower spin" that I got good numbers with. Everything else was pull hooks or push cuts. I'm right in the 100-105 swing range but in a stiff flex.

I'm happy to give any advice anyone who intends to purchase needs, 100% free of charge, simply to make sure they get the proper fit and set up, and love the product they spend their money on. It's the free advice my boss isn't much of a fan of. haha. Anyway, Synergy Black is tour only and comes only in TX flex. Also it's going to spin markedly less than the Speeder. Without seeing your data and swing profile, I cannot make any recommendation on what might work for you, and we really don't like selling shafts blindly when there is any concern of that at all. My job is to make sure you like what you purchase and it's set up best for you. Selling you something you hate doesn't do you, us, or Aldila any favors. Everyone is unhappy in the end under those circumstances.

Understood. Maybe I'll read some more reviews to try and make more of a decision. I have Trackman data from my session but I'm not going to PM or bug you unless I really intend to buy. I only need to cut like 200 RPM off my drives and cut maybe 1-2* off launch. I could change my set up but when I do (in order to try and do this via my swing) I end up hitting block shots (move ball back in stance).

You can drop 300rpm and a degree of launch by simply going 1 degree lower loft on the driver.

Yes, that's step #1... I'll have to do some testing to make sure opening the face a touch doesn't lead to over fading. As far as I know not even club champion has this shaft so regardless I'd kind of be buying blind.

I know you do not give shaft advice, but is the syn black comparable to Speeder Evo II ? In my fitting it was the only shaft that's "lower spin" that I got good numbers with. Everything else was pull hooks or push cuts. I'm right in the 100-105 swing range but in a stiff flex.

I'm happy to give any advice anyone who intends to purchase needs, 100% free of charge, simply to make sure they get the proper fit and set up, and love the product they spend their money on. It's the free advice my boss isn't much of a fan of. haha. Anyway, Synergy Black is tour only and comes only in TX flex. Also it's going to spin markedly less than the Speeder. Without seeing your data and swing profile, I cannot make any recommendation on what might work for you, and we really don't like selling shafts blindly when there is any concern of that at all. My job is to make sure you like what you purchase and it's set up best for you. Selling you something you hate doesn't do you, us, or Aldila any favors. Everyone is unhappy in the end under those circumstances.

Understood. Maybe I'll read some more reviews to try and make more of a decision. I have Trackman data from my session but I'm not going to PM or bug you unless I really intend to buy. I only need to cut like 200 RPM off my drives and cut maybe 1-2* off launch. I could change my set up but when I do (in order to try and do this via my swing) I end up hitting block shots (move ball back in stance).

You can drop 300rpm and a degree of launch by simply going 1 degree lower loft on the driver.

Yes, that's step #1... I'll have to do some testing to make sure opening the face a touch doesn't lead to over fading. As far as I know not even club champion has this shaft so regardless I'd kind of be buying blind.

Nobody has it besides us. As for buying blind, I mean simply selling you a shaft with no info and no analysis or recommendations. We can handle all that.

I'm currently playing the kk xt (non DC) and its a monster in the 8.5 g400 lst head

I'm playing the KK DC XT 70TX in my G400 LST and it's really really good. Numbers wise it's very close to the XT it just feels smoother and has less left in it for me.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with either shaft...the KK DC XT or the SYNERGY. I'd say they're quite similar, but the SYNERGY is a smoother feeling shaft than the KK DC. I'd say I'm getting more launch angle than the KK DC, but the spin is similar if not a touch less.

I haven't hit them head to head on a machine, so this is all by what I'm seeing at the range. But for me, either shaft will work for what I'm looking for.

I will say that the SYNERGY allows me to play my natural draw, where the KK DC pretty much just hits a straight ball. Both so far are pretty anti-left, which is what I'm after.

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 8* - Tensei White Pro 70TX

Callaway Paradym TD 3 wood (14*) - Kai'Li White 80x (tipped extra 1/2")

Callaway UW 17* - Kai'Li White 90TX

Callaway Mavrik Pro 3 (20*) - Kai'Li White 100TX

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 5-9 - KBS Tour V 125 S+

Titleist Vokey 46, 50, 55 & 60 - KBS 610

TaylorMade Spider S Platinum Single Bend - KBS CT Tour Matte Black shaft

To be honest, I don't think you can go wrong with either shaft...the KK DC XT or the SYNERGY. I'd say they're quite similar, but the SYNERGY is a smoother feeling shaft than the KK DC. I'd say I'm getting more launch angle than the KK DC, but the spin is similar if not a touch less.

I haven't hit them head to head on a machine, so this is all by what I'm seeing at the range. But for me, either shaft will work for what I'm looking for.

I will say that the SYNERGY allows me to play my natural draw, where the KK DC pretty much just hits a straight ball. Both so far are pretty anti-left, which is what I'm after.

That's the general consensus. Slightly higher launch and less spin than Dual Core XT.

Toll, I have the 70tx from you tipped 2”.... is there any guys you know of that would get along with the lighter shaft? Just out of curiosity, since the spin is low enough to the point that it’s tempting to try the 60tx and still keep the spin low while possibly picking up more speed.

Purely a greedy question lol

Toll, I have the 70tx from you tipped 2".... is there any guys you know of that would get along with the lighter shaft? Just out of curiosity, since the spin is low enough to the point that it's tempting to try the 60tx and still keep the spin low while possibly picking up more speed.

Purely a greedy question lol

That's exactly what I did. The spin rate is so low, that I was able to match the spin rates of my DCXT 70tx but go with Synergy Black 60tx for a little more speed. Surprisingly I actually have a bit more control over the lighter shaft, and the experiment has been more than I could hope for.

"Toll-is Rickie Fowler still playing it on tour?..has anyone else put it in the bag or done extensive testing that you are allowed to tell us about?..thanks...just wondering if it's gaining popularity on tour

Honestly I don't really know. Fowler is the only big name I've SEEN it in the bag of, but then again I haven't been paying a lot of attention to or watching much golf. I can certainly ask Keith if he knows.

Ok, here is the finished Tour Proto version of Aldila's new Tour Only SYNERGY shaft. Below you will see Trackman data against the two lowest spin shafts that we have tested, that didn't hit 6 feet off the ground or feel like a telephone pole. As you can see, the Synergy is launching the same or higher, with incredibly low spin. How is it doing this? I don't exactly know, but it has to be the inclusion of graphene in the material construction. As it is a true Tour Proto, I don't have all the finite details on exactly how or where, but I can tell you it's the first graphite shaft using graphene and we have the data to prove the results. Below I have included a couple articles on graphene for the techies out there. Basically it's the strongest fiber ever tested and over 200 times stronger than steel.

Graphene info:

http://www.graphene....an-graphene-do/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

Where to purchase:

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

I will post several more comparison Trackman blocks in the days coming.

Toll,

How do you tell the Black from the Blue? Since it appears the Black has blue in the Synergy logo.

And do only the Black have Prototype etched on them?

Thanks

Callaway Paradym 🔷🔷🔷 10.5* with PVD Hulk 60 6.5 TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Ventus Black 7x

Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus TR Red 8X

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Callaway MD4 50* S400 T.I.

Vokey SM9 54.12 S400 T.I.

Vokey SM7 58.10 BO S400 T.I.

Cameron SS NP2

Titleist ProV1X Left Dash

Ok, here is the finished Tour Proto version of Aldila's new Tour Only SYNERGY shaft. Below you will see Trackman data against the two lowest spin shafts that we have tested, that didn't hit 6 feet off the ground or feel like a telephone pole. As you can see, the Synergy is launching the same or higher, with incredibly low spin. How is it doing this? I don't exactly know, but it has to be the inclusion of graphene in the material construction. As it is a true Tour Proto, I don't have all the finite details on exactly how or where, but I can tell you it's the first graphite shaft using graphene and we have the data to prove the results. Below I have included a couple articles on graphene for the techies out there. Basically it's the strongest fiber ever tested and over 200 times stronger than steel.

Graphene info:

Where to purchase:

Toll,

How do you tell the Black from the Blue? Since it appears the Black has blue in the Synergy logo.

Thanks

I have 2 blacks, one with proto ectched and one without it! Purchased both from TollBros, I would like to see one of the stock offerings from cally or TM and look to see if there is a difference in color or graphics!

Graphene info:

Where to purchase:

Toll,

Thanks

I have 2 blacks, one with proto ectched and one without it! Purchased both from TollBros, I would like to see one of the stock offerings from cally or TM and look to see if there is a difference in color or graphics!

Awesome, thanks for the info.

Callaway Paradym 🔷🔷🔷 10.5* with PVD Hulk 60 6.5 TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15* Ventus Black 7x

Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus TR Red 8X

Srixon ZX7 4-PW Nippon Modus 120X

Callaway MD4 50* S400 T.I.

Vokey SM9 54.12 S400 T.I.

Vokey SM7 58.10 BO S400 T.I.

Cameron SS NP2

Titleist ProV1X Left Dash

Adding my thoughts from 5-days @Bandon...

This thing is a frigging MISSILE. Yeah, I know, it's Bandon... but it is March, and it isn't like the fairways are pool tables right now. Played 6-rounds... 114-118 swing speed @ 45.5 tipped 1/2 inch in an M3 440. I believe part of it is the M3, but I rarely miss a fairway when I am not trying to swing out of my shoes. Ridiculously better than the M1440 I had tried for a few months. Distance... really good. I'm not a gym rat, and I love beer... and that leads to not being in the best shape. It would scare me if I could get my lazy-Word not allowed in the gym. I stopped counting how many drives broke 300. Had a couple into wind that did, so I marked those... but when all else is equal (not downwind 20+, not downhill, etc) when I caught this thing somewhere close to the center of the club face... 320-330 wasn't an issue. That's damn solid in my book.

I found it to be a tad different in work-ability than others on here... I don't/can't/am scared to hit a draw. I found it pretty easy to hit a good, controlled fade when I wanted to, and my traditional high-flying right miss wasn't nearly as bad as it had been in the past. Again, part of that could be the M3... but compared to the Evo II 757 I have... it certainly goes a little straighter. Have a Tensei White sitting in the garage... telling myself to sell it, but I can't help wanting to try it as well. Might as well grab a KK DCXT, right? :)

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Driver: M3 440 + Synergy 70TX or Tensi White 70TX
2-iron: Cobra Forged CB | KBS Tour 130x
3-PW: MP18 MB | KBS Tour 130x
50 = Mizuno T7 | KBS Tour 130x
54/58 = Fourteen RM22 Raw | KBS TourV
Scotty Laguna 1.5

This thing is a frigging MISSILE. Yeah, I know, it's Bandon... but it is March, and it isn't like the fairways are pool tables right now. Played 6-rounds... 114-118 swing speed @ 45.5 tipped 1/2 inch in an M3 440. I believe part of it is the M3, but I rarely miss a fairway when I am not trying to swing out of my shoes. Ridiculously better than the M1440 I had tried for a few months. Distance... really good. I'm not a gym rat, and I love beer... and that leads to not being in the best shape. It would scare me if I could get my lazy-Word not allowed in the gym. I stopped counting how many drives broke 300. Had a couple into wind that did, so I marked those... but when all else is equal (not downwind 20+, not downhill, etc) when I caught this thing somewhere close to the center of the club face... 320-330 wasn't an issue. That's damn solid in my book.

I found it to be a tad different in work-ability than others on here... I don't/can't/am scared to hit a draw. I found it pretty easy to hit a good, controlled fade when I wanted to, and my traditional high-flying right miss wasn't nearly as bad as it had been in the past. Again, part of that could be the M3... but compared to the Evo II 757 I have... it certainly goes a little straighter. Have a Tensei White sitting in the garage... telling myself to sell it, but I can't help wanting to try it as well. Might as well grab a KK DCXT, right? :)

Most definitely try the KK DCXT!!!

Most definitely try the KK DCXT!!!

Great shaft. The one I played before Synergy Black.

What head are you guys pairing with the Synergy Black? I'm currently in a 9.5 M2 2016 model with a 60TX KKDC XT and I see about 11 degree launch with 2300 spin. SS 112 BS 160.

Would be interested in paring this with Rogue SZ, G400, G400 LST or maybe even the G400 Max.

Not sure if these will spin too little/too much with the Synergy Black already being such a low spin profile.

What head are you guys pairing with the Synergy Black? I'm currently in a 9.5 M2 2016 model with a 60TX KKDC XT and I see about 11 degree launch with 2300 spin. SS 112 BS 160.

Would be interested in paring this with Rogue SZ, G400, G400 LST or maybe even the G400 Max.

Not sure if these will spin too little/too much with the Synergy Black already being such a low spin profile.

I was using the KKDC XT 70TX in a Ping G400 LST toward the end of last year and was enjoying it. With the commotion surrounding the Synergy Black, I just had to give in and try it. I went with the 70TX version of the Synergy Black, and I'm playing it in the same Ping G400 LST.

I was using the KKDC XT 70TX in a Ping G400 LST toward the end of last year and was enjoying it. With the commotion surrounding the Synergy Black, I just had to give in and try it. I went with the 70TX version of the Synergy Black, and I'm playing it in the same Ping G400 LST.

How does it compare?

How does it compare?

I've really only been able to hit it at the range...but it compares very well.

I'd say the Synergy launches just a touch higher, but I believe the spin is lower. It just produces a medium-high, yet boring ball flight...that once the snow melts and ground firms up will run out.

I like the feel of the Synergy shaft better than the KKDC XT as well...but that isn't saying the KKDC XT felt bad. I just think the Synergy feels like a hot knife slicing through butter...effortless.

Received mine and gamed it for the first time yesterday, it was a little higher launching than my Hzdrus Blk but similar otherwise. It did feel a little looser (lost it left a few times when I went after it) but to be fair I have not tipped it yet and my Hzdrus is tipped. Definitely a smooth feel and low spin, I plan to tip it and try it again.

Ping G425 LST 9 Fuji Pro 2.0 Tour Spec
Ping G425 LST 3 wood KBS TD Cat 4 
G 410 17 Hybrid KBS Proto 75X
PXG Gen2 0311T MMT 80
Vokey SM6 48F-50F-58L
Lajosi DD201

Received mine and gamed it for the first time yesterday, it was a little higher launching than my Hzdrus Blk but similar otherwise. It did feel a little looser (lost it left a few times when I went after it) but to be fair I have not tipped it yet and my Hzdrus is tipped. Definitely a smooth feel and low spin, I plan to tip it and try it again.

I originally tipped my Synergy 3/4", while my KKDC XT was tipped 1". After reading that the tipping affects the play on this shaft quite a bit, I didn't want to over tip it. It felt a little "loose" and flew a bit higher than I wanted, so I took the tip off and tipped it to the full 1" to make it similar to the KKDC XT and the flight is better and the consistency seems to be better as well.

So, I'd be confident in saying that if you're coming from the KKDC XT...tip it the same as what you did with that shaft. I'd think coming from the HZRDUS Black, you'd be ok tipping it the same as well.

Know and bdubs-what are your guys swing speeds?..

Edit-kcow and dubs-what are your swing speeds?...sorry for the typo..lol

I'm right around 113-115.

I originally tipped my Synergy 3/4", while my KKDC XT was tipped 1". After reading that the tipping affects the play on this shaft quite a bit, I didn't want to over tip it. It felt a little "loose" and flew a bit higher than I wanted, so I took the tip off and tipped it to the full 1" to make it similar to the KKDC XT and the flight is better and the consistency seems to be better as well.

So, I'd be confident in saying that if you're coming from the KKDC XT...tip it the same as what you did with that shaft. I'd think coming from the HZRDUS Black, you'd be ok tipping it the same as well.

Tipping all those shafts the same will vary the launch angle reasonably substantially. Synergy, as you've found, is very sensitive to tipping so depending on the launch and pattern they are after, we sometimes alter the tipping verses those profiles.

Tipping all those shafts the same will vary the launch angle reasonably substantially. Synergy, as you've found, is very sensitive to tipping so depending on the launch and pattern they are after, we sometimes alter the tipping verses those profiles.

I agree, but I also feel like these shafts were meant to be tipped. I feel like my KKDC XT has just totally come alive after tipping it 1" this year. Not that I disliked it at all last year playing it untipped, but tipped it is an absolute monster in my opinion. Obviously it's all about fit and what is right for each swing, but man does this thing feel totally different after tipping and it's like playing a totally different shaft. I'd imagine the Synergy to be very similar in this regard and this thread certainly has my curiosity peaked in this shaft. This website is terrible for my wallet, I'm totally satisfied with my current product but threads like these just feed my addiction.

I agree, but I also feel like these shafts were meant to be tipped. I feel like my KKDC XT has just totally come alive after tipping it 1" this year. Not that I disliked it at all last year playing it untipped, but tipped it is an absolute monster in my opinion. Obviously it's all about fit and what is right for each swing, but man does this thing feel totally different after tipping and it's like playing a totally different shaft. I'd imagine the Synergy to be very similar in this regard and this thread certainly has my curiosity peaked in this shaft. This website is terrible for my wallet, I'm totally satisfied with my current product but threads like these just feed my addiction.

Fortunately and unfortunately the wheels of technology keep turning. Haha. I rarely get too excited about any new products anymore because they all seem to be on a lateral shift, except shafts. Shaft tech is improving so quickly it's hard to keep up, and I agree. I, like you, refuse to leave any performance on the table.

I want to thank TollBros with all of his expertise. I recently picked up a Rogue SZ and was fitted for a T1100, so naturally I picked one up. I’ve hit it 3 range sessions and one round. Very nice shaft and didn’t think it could get better, but I am a major club whore. So I messaged TollBros about a Pro Orange and he pointed me towards the Synergy Black. He recommended 70TX and tipped 3/4”. Yesterday was the first time I got a chance to swing it. I was on the range and hit a few iron shots to loosen up, then hit the T1100 about 6 times and then swapped it with the Synergy Black. First shot made my jaw hit the ground. It is night and day difference. Majority of the drives were carrying the end of the range at 290. Like someone said above, it is just a straight boring flight, but it goes!

With that said I have a T1100 65g 6.5 if anyone is interested. :)

Thanks again Toll!