Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

Is this the same as the phened or no?

Yes

No, that was an earlier proto, much different feel, not the same as this.

Correct. Phene'd was the proto for Synergy line. They do still use the old phene'd butt stickers for Tour identification but the profile has evolved.

Toll, could you elaborate a little on this? Mine was delivered this morning and saw the old phene’d sticker dated April/2016 with the ID number and also the new sticker. Just looking at it would assume it was made 2 years ago and just stamped with the new paint job of the new synergy. Are you saying its an old sticker made 2 years ago and was just recently slapped on a new shaft?

I apologize if this is addressed somewhere else in these 15 pages.

It has been posted a couple times but I'll keep you from having to read 15 pages. Haha.

They use the old phene'd stickers to identify the black profile for tour. Since it will never be a retail model, they didn't have new spec stickers printed for black and just used the old phene'd ones. All that matters is the tour builders know what it is and to avoid confusion on 3 different synergy models all with really close graphical similarities, they used the old decals to avoid any confusion. Decal made in 2016. Shaft made in 2018.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preciate it, Sir!

Excited to build it up tonight. Is it weird I get delivery notification at 11am and go home for lunch to measure and prep because I don’t want to wait 6 hours to get started on it?

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Preciate it, Sir!

Excited to build it up tonight. Is it weird I get delivery notification at 11am and go home for lunch to measure and prep because I don’t want to wait 6 hours to get started on it?

Hopefully it lives up to your excitement level!

What kind of sorcery is this?? First range session was, for lack of a better term, a revelation. I went 1 3/4” tipped. Feeling and strike feels more lively than the KKDC, touch higher launch, spin seems a bit lower too. Oh and the ball seems like there are bumpers down a bowling alley. Just wants to stay straight.

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

Preciate it, Sir!

Excited to build it up tonight. Is it weird I get delivery notification at 11am and go home for lunch to measure and prep because I don't want to wait 6 hours to get started on it?

What kind of sorcery is this?? First range session was, for lack of a better term, a revelation. I went 1 3/4" tipped. Feeling and strike feels more lively than the KKDC, touch higher launch, spin seems a bit lower too. Oh and the ball seems like there are bumpers down a bowling alley. Just wants to stay straight.

lol it sounds like you're getting the same results i had!!!

- btw, i suggest tylenol or advil if your face hurts from smiling too much.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Preciate it, Sir!

Excited to build it up tonight. Is it weird I get delivery notification at 11am and go home for lunch to measure and prep because I don't want to wait 6 hours to get started on it?

What kind of sorcery is this?? First range session was, for lack of a better term, a revelation. I went 1 3/4" tipped. Feeling and strike feels more lively than the KKDC, touch higher launch, spin seems a bit lower too. Oh and the ball seems like there are bumpers down a bowling alley. Just wants to stay straight.

lol it sounds like you're getting the same results i had!!!

- btw, i suggest tylenol or advil if your face hurts from smiling too much.

Noted!

Here’s a vid. Even more crazy is how much more the ball seems to fly jump even with $hit range balls.

https://instagram.com/p/BiXednalkmP/

Piretti Savona 

Preciate it, Sir!

What kind of sorcery is this?? First range session was, for lack of a better term, a revelation. I went 1 3/4” tipped. Feeling and strike feels more lively than the KKDC, touch higher launch, spin seems a bit lower too. Oh and the ball seems like there are bumpers down a bowling alley. Just wants to stay straight.

Haha. It's amazing isn't it? Conventional wisdom says spin rate drops and so does launch angle. No so with this thing. It's more mid launch and mega low spin. Call graphehe pixey dust if you want to, but in this shaft, it works!

Noted!

Here's a vid. Even more crazy is how much more the ball seems to fly jump even with $hit range balls.

Wow, sounds like a small high pitched explosion. Nice!!!

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

Noted!

Here's a vid. Even more crazy is how much more the ball seems to fly jump even with $hit range balls.

Wow, sounds like a small high pitched explosion. Nice!!!

For some reason when the phone is on the ground it records a more like a high cracking sound. It definitely it more muted otherwise.

Piretti Savona 

This shaft is amazing. A true unicorn. I originally ordered the 70TX and loved it but needed to see if the 60TX would be a better fit. And for me it was. Maybe a tad more spin but I like the feel better. I just ordered 2 more from Toll as backups. I knew after 1 swing that I can’t live without this shaft. Damn you Aldila, but thank you from the bottom of my heart (and the bottom of my wallet).

You guys are starting to really make me want one of these damn things to go up against my KK XD! Stop it with the gushing please! LMAO!

If he has any left, I would get one. These are going to go down in history, GolfWRX history.

I agree. It's definitely going on Legendary status already. The 70tx are long gone but we do still have some 60tx in stock, and like I've said before, when they are gone this time they are gone for good.

Can't wait to get my synergy black. It should be a rocket launcher on the G400lst head.

I can attest to that exact combo.

Piretti Savona 

I don't understand with so many great reviews why would they stop making it? Frustrating! How does the blue compare? What about the Xtorsion Copper?

Would any of these compare to a Matrix black tie 70X. I have an older version. Or, how about any other shaft?

Thanks

Agree with you but like Toll mentioned, it sounds like a unicorn shaft to us dudes that can produce the speed to make it a unicorn shaft. The majority of am golfers wouldn't be able to move this thing, so they arent going to continue to produce them for a small percentage of the golfing population...Who knows maybe the Synergy green will be somewhat close when it comes out? Guess we shall see...

I don't understand with so many great reviews why would they stop making it? Frustrating! How does the blue compare? What about the Xtorsion Copper?

Would any of these compare to a Matrix black tie 70X. I have an older version. Or, how about any other shaft?

Thanks

Agree with you but like Toll mentioned, it sounds like a unicorn shaft to us dudes that can produce the speed to make it a unicorn shaft. The majority of am golfers wouldn't be able to move this thing, so they arent going to continue to produce them for a small percentage of the golfing population...Who knows maybe the Synergy green will be somewhat close when it comes out? Guess we shall see...

Maybe when the retail offering comes out but I have a tour issued prototype and although it’s low spin, it is not the same in the feel department. Feels good, just feels “stiffer” for some reason.

Thanks

We do still have some 60tx fyi.

Thanks

We will have some green Protos next week. I'll snap some pics. It's a bit higher spin than black but still what I would call a low spin shaft.

Thanks

We do still have some 60tx fyi.

Thanks

We will have some green Protos next week. I'll snap some pics. It's a bit higher spin than black but still what I would call a low spin shaft.

Exactly. Honestly though if you blindfolded me, it would be hard for me to tell the difference between the Black and the Green. The black to me feels a touch looser maybe.

Going to add my quick review.

This shaft is insane. Paired a 60TX with my 2016 Tour Issue M2 and nothing but mid-high bombs with a HUGE kick forward. I've hit some other shafts close to the same distance but the accuracy is incredible. This thing flies straight. I was able to point-and-shoot on a couple holes where I played the slope in the fairway perfectly and picked up distance. With a bit more time I think I'll gain confidence to get more aggressive on the swings.

Also plugged in a 70TX with my 2017 M2 3-wood. It's a beast. Had 285 into a par 5 and the ball landed 10 yds. to the left but pin high. That's 20 yds. further than I've ever hit a 3-wood.

Appreciate the help, TollBros, on the fitting advice. Golf became a bit more fun :)

The Green is exactly what I need I believe given the higher spin than the Black

please let me know TB when the protos are available

what i don't understand above though is how green can be higher spinning, yet black feels looser?

can you clarify?

thanks

Material construction and how they lay the material. Also the amount and placement of the graphene. There are tons of shafts that feel like broomsticks and spin more than Synergy Black.

Going to add my quick review.

This shaft is insane. Paired a 60TX with my 2016 Tour Issue M2 and nothing but mid-high bombs with a HUGE kick forward. I've hit some other shafts close to the same distance but the accuracy is incredible. This thing flies straight. I was able to point-and-shoot on a couple holes where I played the slope in the fairway perfectly and picked up distance. With a bit more time I think I'll gain confidence to get more aggressive on the swings.

Also plugged in a 70TX with my 2017 M2 3-wood. It's a beast. Had 285 into a par 5 and the ball landed 10 yds. to the left but pin high. That's 20 yds. further than I've ever hit a 3-wood.

Appreciate the help, TollBros, on the fitting advice. Golf became a bit more fun :)

The last sentence of your post is the type of thing that makes me love my job. :)

I am currently gaming a ADTP 6x in my G400 Max. My SS varies from 106-112. I am realy pleased with this combo and pondering a 60 TX to knock off a little spin. Will the 60 TX be too much for me? How will the 60 TX feel compare to the ADTP?

The AD TP is quite a bit softer in the butt section so it is a much smoother shaft during the swing and transition. Both have a pretty beefy tip section so you'll get some good feedback at impact.

To me the TP was lower launch but a touch higher spin. I hit some low bullets with it but had a few spin up and out on me. I had just the smallest tendency to overdraw and found myself in the left 1st cut / rough more often than I wanted. To me this was like a Whiteboard or an Oban Devotion type shaft. Depending on your release this shaft reacts differently. I feel like I reacted to the shaft feeling by getting my hands more forward and hitting with a more descending blow / negative angle of attack. In steel shafts this would be like a Nippon Modus 120 or a Dynamic Gold. To me this was a smooth shaft that paired nicely with todays lower spin heads. But ultimately too much spin and not tight enough dispersion made me move on.

The Synergy Black / Phene'd models to me have a softer midsection that provides a nice pop on the downswing and launched the ball on the perfect trajectory. Mid-high. Then the tip section is very firm and keeps spin off so it just hangs up there and descends at a low enough angle to still roll a little. I do not hit it left very often. I tend to find myself in the center to right center of the fairway. And I have a safety shot with the Aldila of a power cut that I can control to pin-point accuracy. I never found that guaranteed safety shot with the GP 6X/7X I played in 2016.

Before the Phene'd I played the RIP'd VS Proto. The Synergy Black/Blue/Phene'd to me all mimic the original VS proto they just feel more balanced. The RIP'd VS proto had a kick-back feeling that I lived with because it performed well. The retail Synergy Blue is like an in-between of the RIP'd VS Proto and the Black/Phene'd protos. Its a touch more spin and a touch more kick. But I liked it generally speaking. The Black/Phene'd protos tighten it up and feel like a more fluid/consistent bend during my release which is what I prefer.

TaylorMade Qi10 LS 9° w/ PX HZRDUS Gen4 Black 75 6.0

TaylorMade SIM ROCKET 14.5° w/ PX Handcrafted EvenFlow Black 75 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 3-19° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Rescue 4-22° w/ PX RDX Smoke 90 6.5

Srixon ZU85 5 26° w/ PX RDX Smoke 100 6.5

Srixon ZX7 6-PW w/ Nippon Modus Tour125 X

Cleveland 588 RTX 52° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Srixon WG-706 56° w/ Nippon Modus Prototype C10 S
Scotty Cameron SSS Circle T Newport Beach w/ UST Frequency Filter

I would like to start by saying thank you to Tollbros and Greengrass, you guys are awesome and I appreciate everything. Just swung the Synergy Black 70tx plugged into a Rogue Subzero 9* for the first time today and here are my First thoughts and feelings on the shaft

I’ve been playing the Tensei white 70tx for almost a year now (mostly with the Epic) with mixed results, the numbers were always pretty decent and same with the flight but I never truly got along with the shaft. I don’t mind the board like feel thru the shaft but I didn’t care for the soft butt. Although it was a anti left shaft and I’ve hit my fair share of bombs with it. I had trouble centering my strike day in and day out. Also I had a big right miss from time to time. But because of some really great days with it and some good memories it lasted longer than it should have...

Within the first day of using the Synergy Black I can tell this is going to be the long term answer,

The feel of the shaft is incredible, it feels as if it’s a shaft that should launch miles into the air and balloon but It’s just remarkable the flight that this shaft gives you. A flat but launched ball flight is the best way I can describe it. Spin was a little higher than I expected but I didn’t have my top end speed today but as I got going the spin came down nicely right around 2300-2500. I also was finding the center every strike which was a pleasant feeling, even saw a 1.52 smash, which has to be a glitch. This is the first day and I haven’t taken it to the course. As I continue to work with it and put it to the test I’ll do another review but I’m happy to say Tollbros put me in a real winner and I couldn’t be more excited to tee it up. Thank you Tollbros and everyone you work with, it’s been a pleasure

Someone knows the length from the tip to the last E of graphen(e) on an untipped shaft? Just to be sure mine has been tipped

Ping G430LST w/ TPT 14HI 
Ping G430 Max w/ synergy green 80tx
Honma TW-U forged 18* W/ KBS Prototype 95X
Callaway TCB w/ LAgolf L-series 5
Titleist SM8 50/56  W/ LAgolf

Callaway Jaws Raw 60Z /Kbs 610
Axis 1 Rose model 35.5''
Swing: [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRK_GXV7rDg[/url] (Driver FV)
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pszXHplqx4[/url] (DTL)