Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got my tracking yesterday and it's getting delivered tomorrow

E64A1111-3D5E-47B2-A484-9F1DFF089E17.jpg

giphy.gif

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Just wanted to give my first impressions of this shaft. Full disclosure, my back was tight and it was a bit cooler yesterday. When I'm playing under those conditions, I tend to hit everything lower than normal and hook like crazy.

With that said, the shaft definitely had a different feel. Toll is correct in that there isn't a real distinct kick point compared to other shafts I have used. It felt stiff to a typical X flex, but not unmanageable or impossible to load. TX is an accurate label in my opinion. I noticed that this shaft produced far more roll out than anything I have ever tested. Even poorly struck balls that carried 220 with low hook spin rolled out forever. I usually don't get this much noticeable roll out, and most balls that weren't snap hooks rolled to the end my range.

It was a bad day for me and the shaft couldn't overcome my snap hook miss, but that's on me and true of any shaft when I'm playing poorly. It definitely hits a penetrating ball that rolls for miles. I'm planning on getting on the launch monitor and testing it this weekend against a Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70 TX that I picked up on ebay, as well as the Aerotech Ti-Fiber Tour 70 F6 that I mentioned earlier in this thread, in both a 9 and 10.5 Rogue Sub Zero head. I'll be sure to share my data once I have it.

So this is my second SYN Black from Toll. The first one was tipped an inch and I could not turn it over at all. After speaking with Toll, I decided to tip the now one 1/4 inch. Wow what a difference, night and day. I can turn it over at will and hit cuts with it as well. For such a low spin shaft it has the best "feel" I have ever had from a shaft better than the DI by far. I will tip this just another 1/4 inch for a total of a 1/2 inch. I just want dispersion tightened a scosh. This shaft is a unicorn and straight in the bag.

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

So this is my second SYN Black from Toll. The first one was tipped an inch and I could not turn it over at all. After speaking with Toll, I decided to tip the now one 1/4 inch. Wow what a difference, night and day. I can turn it over at will and hit cuts with it as well. For such a low spin shaft it has the best "feel" I have ever had from a shaft better than the DI by far. I will tip this just another 1/4 inch for a total of a 1/2 inch. I just want dispersion tightened a scosh. This shaft is a unicorn and straight in the bag.

Thanks

What is your swingspeed?

Glad to hear that! I would like to clarify that your builder chose to tip the first one a full inch without consulting with me. It was not based on my recommendation. haha. Clarifying that, I'm very happy that you really like it this time around. This is why I strongly caution on this product that it is VERY sensitive to tipping and just a little bit can change the way it plays. However, once you get it right, there really isn't anything like it. It's very sad that we are almost out of stock on it and then it will be retired to Legend status.

This shaft is awesome. I got my first 60TX from Toll in February and even though I was advised to tip 1" I was scared of the "low spin king shaft" and only tipped 1/2". It was still a few yards longer (no wind, even better with headwind) and straighter than my W Series 60X but I knew it could be better. Traded my 60 for a 70 to throw in my 3 wood and bought another 60 from Toll. Tipped it 1" and gamed it yesterday and it was outstanding, especially into the wind. My primary miss is towards the toe and I feel like this shaft really helps keep those shots relatively straight and they go farther than expected.

Also anyone who is thinking about putting a Synergy Black into a 3 wood should give it a try. I tipped the 70TX 1/2" and installed in a 2016 M2 13* head. I mainly use my 3 wood for tee shots where there are bunkers/doglegs/water I want to stay short of but I'm anxious to give it a go on some 620+ par 5s I will be playing in a tournament this summer. The ball flight is amazing, I lost no launch angle at all but it just seems to go in the air forever.

I may have to invest/build a 45" hard fly rod type case to keep the driver shaft in when using my travel bag on the airlines. If anyone has suggestions for this let me know. I would be a sad day to open up at a destination and see the shaft snapped.

I am so tempted to order one before they are gone. .......

in the words of shila -

just...do it.....DO ITTTTT

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

That’s it. I’m getting one.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

This shaft is awesome. I got my first 60TX from Toll in February and even though I was advised to tip 1" I was scared of the "low spin king shaft" and only tipped 1/2". It was still a few yards longer (no wind, even better with headwind) and straighter than my W Series 60X but I knew it could be better. Traded my 60 for a 70 to throw in my 3 wood and bought another 60 from Toll. Tipped it 1" and gamed it yesterday and it was outstanding, especially into the wind. My primary miss is towards the toe and I feel like this shaft really helps keep those shots relatively straight and they go farther than expected.

Also anyone who is thinking about putting a Synergy Black into a 3 wood should give it a try. I tipped the 70TX 1/2" and installed in a 2016 M2 13* head. I mainly use my 3 wood for tee shots where there are bunkers/doglegs/water I want to stay short of but I'm anxious to give it a go on some 620+ par 5s I will be playing in a tournament this summer. The ball flight is amazing, I lost no launch angle at all but it just seems to go in the air forever.

I may have to invest/build a 45" hard fly rod type case to keep the driver shaft in when using my travel bag on the airlines. If anyone has suggestions for this let me know. I would be a sad day to open up at a destination and see the shaft snapped.

I have started separating the head and shaft and placing the head in my luggage when traveling. I think that will keep it from ever snapping.

Some data comparisons to the new XD and others.

Are ball speeds between the synergy black 60tx more comparable to the 70 gram POtx given the counter balanced?

Ping G430 Max 10K digitally lofted 8.5 Fujikura Ventus Blue Velo+ 6X
Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD 15 degree Diamana BF 70tx
Callaway Apex UW 19 GD AD TP-8x
Ping iCrossover 4 GD AD IZ-95x, Mizuno Pro 225 5 iron, Mizuno Pro 223 6-G Project X LZ Blackout 6.5
TM MG3 56 TW grind DG TI X100, TM MG4 60 SB C grind DG TI S400
LAB GOLF MEZZ1 LAB golf TPT shaft

Received my 70TX from Toll yesterday and took it to the range last night. I was impressed with this shaft right out of the gate. For me it had a very straight, flat ball flight. Coming from a Rogue Black 70X I was concerned about losing launch, but I didn't lose any launch at all with this shaft from what I can tell.

What impressed me the most was that if I missed the middle of the club face, the ball held its line fantastic. Thanks for your help with the fitting Toll.

Received my 70TX from Toll yesterday and took it to the range last night. I was impressed with this shaft right out of the gate. For me it had a very straight, flat ball flight. Coming from a Rogue Black 70X I was concerned about losing launch, but I didn't lose any launch at all with this shaft from what I can tell.

What impressed me the most was that if I missed the middle of the club face, the ball held its line fantastic. Thanks for your help with the fitting Toll.

That's the beauty of it. It's NOT a low launch shaft even though the spin is incredibly low. Also it's not an overly stiff feeling shaft either. I know guys can't believe the launch and spin along with great feel. I had one guy literally laugh and shake his head during testing. His comment "this thing is f-ing ridiculous." Haha

It's amazing how even when you tip it, the shaft still feels smooth and under control. The tipping really affects the performance of the shaft even more so than the feel. I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it. There really isn't anything quite like it. The closest thing would be Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT with the feel dynamic.

I am so tempted to order one before they are gone. .......

I don't know what weight you want, but we've got 4 70tx left then they are gone for good. I'd be shocked if the 70's aren't sold out by the end of the weekend.

PM sent.

Just got caught up on all PM's. Anyone who has already inquired about one today, we can cover the 70's but after that I'm fairly certain we have only 60's left.

I know I said that I would be putting launch monitor numbers comparing this to the Kuro Kage DCXT 70TX and the Aerotech Ti-Fiber Tour F6, but I developed a bit of a nasty hook from compensation when I tweaked my back, and it took me until yesterday to straighten things out. I did get to take it to the course today. Full disclosure, I'm not nearly as good of a golfer as many on here, but I do have a high 110s-low 120s swing speed and really needed a shaft to cut down my spin. I hit 50% of my fairways today, which is on the higher end of what I normally do. But when you factor in that I overshot 2 driveable par 4s, 1 that was 280 and 1 that was 297, it makes my fairway % seem a bit better. This shaft wants to go straight, and it has a tendency to fade when I tire or slice when I get really lazy. It really held up today despite it being colder (low 50s) and very windy.

Almost everything was carrying 260+, and well struck shots, as noted, went 280+. I've never had a shaft before that put me in a position to consistently maximize the potential of my swing speed and minimize the damage on mishits. Ball flight wise, this is definitely a mid launch shaft, but somehow it has incredibly low spin. The ball flight just rises and rises, and what seems like a possible mishit just keeps carrying and carrying, then it hits the ground and rolls out some more. I've been through dozens of shafts trying to find something that could possibly work, and I finally found something that I'm more than happy with pairing this with a Rogue Sub Zero 9 degree head. The only other combination that I've ever hit as far as this was a Ping G400 8.5 LST with an AD DI 8TX, but the misses with that were brutal high spinners. Nothing I've ever hit comes close, and I'd highly recommend this shaft to anyone with high swing speed that is a bit inconsistent of a ball striker. The sad part about this is that I've never had to hit my wedges as often as I did today, which means now I have to significantly upgrade that part of my game to keep up. There will soon be a Ti-Fiber and a KKDC for sale because of this set up.

Then there's the customer service from TollBros and Green Grass Evaluations. Once I paid my fitting fee, TollBros took the time to go over my numbers and examine videos of my swing. He gave me an accurate assessment of my swing tempo and made a recommendation of Synergy in 70TX or a Tensei Pro Orange, as I needed a linear bend profile to accommodate my fast tempo. I preferred the feel of a shaft with a bit stiffer butt section, so Toll recommended the synergy. I gave him a few other details about my equipment and my general inconsistencies, and he recommended a higher swing weight to go with C-Tapers or Project X in my irons instead of Steelfiber i110 x flex, and to pair my Synergy with either a Kuro Kage DCXT 80TX or Black Mamba 80TX in my 3 wood and a Tensei Pro White 100 TX Hybrid shaft. I took his advice and demoed a few options. I settled on C-Tapers in S+ for my irons and wedges, bought the Tensei Pro White hybrid from Toll, and found a Black Mamba that I snagged on ebay as a deal of a lifetime. Now have a bit more consistency and comfort in my clubs that I never had before.

Toll, you and Green Grass Evaluations have found a customer for life. Thank you for taking the time to pay so much attention to my needs as a golfer and giving me a series of options to tailor to my game. To anyone on the fence about buying, take the time to use the fitting service and these guys will make sure you get something that works for you, even if it isn't the Synergy Black.

I know I said that I would be putting launch monitor numbers comparing this to the Kuro Kage DCXT 70TX and the Aerotech Ti-Fiber Tour F6, but I developed a bit of a nasty hook from compensation when I tweaked my back, and it took me until yesterday to straighten things out. I did get to take it to the course today. Full disclosure, I'm not nearly as good of a golfer as many on here, but I do have a high 110s-low 120s swing speed and really needed a shaft to cut down my spin. I hit 50% of my fairways today, which is on the higher end of what I normally do. But when you factor in that I overshot 2 driveable par 4s, 1 that was 280 and 1 that was 297, it makes my fairway % seem a bit better. This shaft wants to go straight, and it has a tendency to fade when I tire or slice when I get really lazy. It really held up today despite it being colder (low 50s) and very windy.

Almost everything was carrying 260+, and well struck shots, as noted, went 280+. I've never had a shaft before that put me in a position to consistently maximize the potential of my swing speed and minimize the damage on mishits. Ball flight wise, this is definitely a mid launch shaft, but somehow it has incredibly low spin. The ball flight just rises and rises, and what seems like a possible mishit just keeps carrying and carrying, then it hits the ground and rolls out some more. I've been through dozens of shafts trying to find something that could possibly work, and I finally found something that I'm more than happy with pairing this with a Rogue Sub Zero 9 degree head. The only other combination that I've ever hit as far as this was a Ping G400 8.5 LST with an AD DI 8TX, but the misses with that were brutal high spinners. Nothing I've ever hit comes close, and I'd highly recommend this shaft to anyone with high swing speed that is a bit inconsistent of a ball striker. The sad part about this is that I've never had to hit my wedges as often as I did today, which means now I have to significantly upgrade that part of my game to keep up. There will soon be a Ti-Fiber and a KKDC for sale because of this set up.

Then there's the customer service from TollBros and Green Grass Evaluations. Once I paid my fitting fee, TollBros took the time to go over my numbers and examine videos of my swing. He gave me an accurate assessment of my swing tempo and made a recommendation of Synergy in 70TX or a Tensei Pro Orange, as I needed a linear bend profile to accommodate my fast tempo. I preferred the feel of a shaft with a bit stiffer butt section, so Toll recommended the synergy. I gave him a few other details about my equipment and my general inconsistencies, and he recommended a higher swing weight to go with C-Tapers or Project X in my irons instead of Steelfiber i110 x flex, and to pair my Synergy with either a Kuro Kage DCXT 80TX or Black Mamba 80TX in my 3 wood and a Tensei Pro White 100 TX Hybrid shaft. I took his advice and demoed a few options. I settled on C-Tapers in S+ for my irons and wedges, bought the Tensei Pro White hybrid from Toll, and found a Black Mamba that I snagged on ebay as a deal of a lifetime. Now have a bit more consistency and comfort in my clubs that I never had before.

Toll, you and Green Grass Evaluations have found a customer for life. Thank you for taking the time to pay so much attention to my needs as a golfer and giving me a series of options to tailor to my game. To anyone on the fence about buying, take the time to use the fitting service and these guys will make sure you get something that works for you, even if it isn't the Synergy Black.

This is great for you, but not what I wanted to hear for me.

Couple of questions...

1. Is there a Synergy Tour Black and a Synergy Black?

2. Have these/will these be released to the public? Or is it just Synergy Blue being released?

3. Anyone swinging 115-120 range have feedback they can provide on the 60TX?

1. No, it's the same.

2. No, just the blue and later a green.

3. Can't help there, I am slower than that.

This is great for you, but not what I wanted to hear for me.

You'll never know for sure unless you try it. What I can say is that for a 115-122 mph swinger who is a bit inconsistent as a ball striker and has a fast tempo, this shaft tipped 1/2" was a real winner. From what Toll has said, depending on your swing, a 60 or 70 gram version with more or less tipping could work out. It sounds like it has been helping a lot of people from the 105 smooth tempo range to the 130+ mph big hitters.

The only people I would say for sure this won't help are people who already struggle with too low of spin and don't have the ball speed to keep the ball in the air. Because it somehow spins very low while launching the ball higher, it could still work for people who already launch the ball a bit high. What I can say for sure is that if you give Toll numbers and a video, he'll take the time to make sure you're fit into something that will work for you.