Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

I've got 6 rounds in with the Synergy Black. This thing is impressive. I'm only 112-114 SS guy and have previously played the same Accra shaft for 5 years. After 1 round with SB, I made up my mind to switch. High Launch with ZERO spin is fun

I have around the same average SS and am currently using the CK Pro White 70TX...seriously considering jumping on board...I'd like to get a little more height while cutting down on the spin a little bit...

...but then again, I could probably just try to fix my swing... :dntknw:

Synergy Black will spin less than the Pro White. One of the very few shafts that will. Think of it something like this.

Massive spin reduction

Synergy Black

Very high spin reduction

Aldila Black Mamba

Kuro Kàge Dual Core XT (TX only)

Tensei Pro Orange

Tensei Pro White

Hzrdus T1100

Tour AD M9003

Lower than average spin

Atmos Black

Hzrdus Black

Tour AD GP

Kiyoshi White

Aldila Copperhead (TX only)

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am Swedish guy with a 106 ss who realy needs to cut spinn? I tried the new Ping G400 max. The least spinning shaft they had to offer was Hzrdus Yellow 6.0 hitting 4 degrees up and spinn 3000, and I was adding loft. Tried a GD ADDI 7x ,felt a little Heavy.

I coluld get an upgrade to Aldila Copperhead 60-stiff at 64 gram will that help? Tipping? Other piece of advice from you guys?

Regards drpeo

rebar is the official shaft and choice of Swede's worldwide...

I've got 6 rounds in with the Synergy Black. This thing is impressive. I'm only 112-114 SS guy and have previously played the same Accra shaft for 5 years. After 1 round with SB, I made up my mind to switch. High Launch with ZERO spin is fun

I have around the same average SS and am currently using the CK Pro White 70TX...seriously considering jumping on board...I'd like to get a little more height while cutting down on the spin a little bit...

Synergy Black will spin less than the Pro White. One of the very few shafts that will. Think of it something like this.

Massive spin reduction

Synergy Black

Very high spin reduction

Aldila Black Mamba

Tensei Pro Orange

Tensei Pro White

Hzrdus T1100

Tour AD M9003

Lower than average spin

Atmos Black

Hzrdus Black

Tour AD GP

Kiyoshi White

how many of these are countered?

Massive spin reduction

Synergy Black

Very high spin reduction

Aldila Black Mamba

Tensei Pro Orange

Tensei Pro White

Hzrdus T1100

Tour AD M9003

Lower than average spin

Atmos Black

Hzrdus Black

Tour AD GP

Kiyoshi White

how many of these are countered?

Pro Orange, T1100 (I think), Copperhead.

I'm not sure about the Tour AD stuff.

Just wanted to give an update. I got my hands on a second one of these and decided to tip it half an inch to see if I could drop more spin (one I currently have is untipped).

Need to confirm on the launch monitor, but at tipped half an inch balls were spinning too low and appeared to be dropping out of the sky a bit early (I swing 95-105).

Be careful with the tipping on this...

Just wanted to give an update. I got my hands on a second one of these and decided to tip it half an inch to see if I could drop more spin (one I currently have is untipped).

Need to confirm on the launch monitor, but at tipped half an inch balls were spinning too low and appeared to be dropping out of the sky a bit early (I swing 95-105).

Absolutely. Just like with Kuro Kage Dual Core XT, it's very important to have us go through tipping and set up info with you. They get too tight in a hurry and not tipping enough for your swing can totally ruin the desired results. Buying someone else's used one on a whim is a very bad idea with this shaft.

JEEBUS. Thank you Toll... My 70TX is tipped 1/2 inch (115-118mph). Just got it in an M3 440... this is a frigging rocketship. It seems night and day different than the M1 440 I had it in for a couple months. Just could never get comfortable. From the first swing today this felt great, just bomb after bomb. Can't wait to play it in a bit warmer weather, and not have almost everything plug. Maybe just me, but the M3 just sets up better to my eye. Will be interesting to get this on a Trackman.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Driver: M3 440 + Synergy 70TX or Tensi White 70TX
2-iron: Cobra Forged CB | KBS Tour 130x
3-PW: MP18 MB | KBS Tour 130x
50 = Mizuno T7 | KBS Tour 130x
54/58 = Fourteen RM22 Raw | KBS TourV
Scotty Laguna 1.5

Absolutely. Just like with Kuro Kage Dual Core XT, it's very important to have us go through tipping and set up info with you. They get too tight in a hurry and not tipping enough for your swing can totally ruin the desired results. Buying someone else's used one on a whim is a very bad idea with this shaft.

The one I got is uncut

The one I got is uncut

Make sure you consult your seller and get the tipping just right on it. Hopefully he has some experience and test data to assist.

Does this shaft come in a 70 stiff flex? I think the TX might be a bit stout for a 105 SS.

No sir. TX flex only.

Update:

Weather finally broke here for a day in CT and I was absolutely murdering the Synergy 65TX (untipped), Synergy 65TX (tipped 1/2 inch), and Pro Orange 60 TX (no tipping) at my local outdoor range in my Epic SZ.

There is a net about 230 out so hard to tell what was going the farthest. The tipped 1/2 inch had slightly lower ball flight but still a mid flight I would say. Going to need to get on a Trackman again to settle things before the season officially starts and see some carry/spin numbers.

Also doesn't help I have a Pro White 60TX and Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X coming... #golfwrx. Decisions, decisions.

Does anyone have any experiences going from a 70tx to a 60tx shaft? In the storefront thread, it looks like there aren't any more 70tx shafts left, so I'd have to settle for a 60tx...

TaylorMade SIM Max 10.5* - Fujikura Ventus Black 7X
TaylorMade M5 15* - Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2TS X
Callaway 815 Alpha Hybrid 21* - Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90TX
Miura Baby Blade 4-P - KBS $-Taper X
Miura Wedges - 52*, 56* - KBS $-Taper X
Callaway MD4 Tactical 60*
PXG Darkness Operator

I asked Aldila Company HC about Copperhead 60 TX and the release of Synergy Black to the open market, and this is the answer I got:

drpeo

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

With your swing speed (106 mph) we would recommend the 60 S, not tipped. We rate our S flex at 100-110mph. If you prefer a stiffer shaft, than the Copper 70 X, would be a good choice as well. It weighs 70 grams, so when it is cut to playing length, it will be in the upper 60 gram range. We have not tested a tipped 60 S. The Synergy Black will not be released until later this year, or the first part of next year.

Best Regards,

Aldila Sales

Does anyone have any experiences going from a 70tx to a 60tx shaft? In the storefront thread, it looks like there aren't any more 70tx shafts left, so I'd have to settle for a 60tx...

Yes I did that exact thing. The 70 spins a shade less but I liked the feel in the 60 a bit better. We do have 70 and 60 in stock.

I asked Aldila Company HC about Copperhead 60 TX and the release of Synergy Black to the open market, and this is the answer I got:

drpeo

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

With your swing speed (106 mph) we would recommend the 60 S, not tipped. We rate our S flex at 100-110mph. If you prefer a stiffer shaft, than the Copper 70 X, would be a good choice as well. It weighs 70 grams, so when it is cut to playing length, it will be in the upper 60 gram range. We have not tested a tipped 60 S. The Synergy Black will not be released until later this year, or the first part of next year.

Best Regards,

Aldila Sales

You may see a version but the true proto profile won't ever see the light of day outside of Tour. Even a lot of the Tour guys cannot spin it enough. That's directly from the mouths of Tour development.

drpeo

Best Regards,

Aldila Sales

You may see a version but the true proto profile won't ever see the light of day outside of Tour. Even a lot of the Tour guys cannot spin it enough. That's directly from the mouths of Tour development.

that proto is a spin killing BEEEEAST.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Wish I were 10 to 15 years younger and closer to my golf prime. Wrong side of 50 now, have to live vicariously these days. ;)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM 300 Mini 11.5*, 43.5", Phenom NL 60X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80S, 43.5"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 1-PW Golden Ram TW282, RIP Tour 115 R; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S
Wedges:  Dynacraft Dual Millled 52*, SteelFiber i125 S -or- Scratch 8620 DD 53*, SteelFiber i125 S; Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S -or- Ram TW282 SW -or- Ram TW276 SW
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Rife Bimini, 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

drpeo

Best Regards,

Aldila Sales

What these shaft companies fail to realize is there are a lot of players out there that have speed and poor mechanics. They need spin reduction probably MORE then tour players who have perfect mechanics and attack angles. This is the EXACT type of shaft that should be released to joe public. I swear sometimes these companies can't see the forest because of the tree's.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Wish I were 10 to 15 years younger and closer to my golf prime. Wrong side of 50 now, have to live vicariously these days. ;)

My boss is 54 and still brings it at high 160's ball speeds. It's all about fitness and maintaining the fast twitch fibers. He does kickboxing to stay sharp.

100%. Totally agree. No reason guys who never worked out or took care of themselves in their 20s and 30s can't eclipse their performance in their 40s and possibly even 50s, if they take strength and conditioning seriously.

Update:

Weather finally broke here for a day in CT and I was absolutely murdering the Synergy 65TX (untipped), Synergy 65TX (tipped 1/2 inch), and Pro Orange 60 TX (no tipping) at my local outdoor range in my Epic SZ.

There is a net about 230 out so hard to tell what was going the farthest. The tipped 1/2 inch had slightly lower ball flight but still a mid flight I would say. Going to need to get on a Trackman again to settle things before the season officially starts and see some carry/spin numbers.

Also doesn't help I have a Pro White 60TX and Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 6X coming... #golfwrx. Decisions, decisions.

Ohhh good.... I'm glad I'm not the only one that has 4-5 different shafts sitting in their bag at anytime...

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Driver: M3 440 + Synergy 70TX or Tensi White 70TX
2-iron: Cobra Forged CB | KBS Tour 130x
3-PW: MP18 MB | KBS Tour 130x
50 = Mizuno T7 | KBS Tour 130x
54/58 = Fourteen RM22 Raw | KBS TourV
Scotty Laguna 1.5

Finished testing the Synergy Black 75. Just could not beat out my Kuro Kage Dual Core XT. Originally tipped it .5" and the progressed to 1" to get the spin down a little further. It definitely spun a hundred or two RPM less but it was just not as consistent for me. Many more misses both ways where the DC XT I felt wanted to go much straighter. Synergy definitely has a very smooth feel and it was a mid launch shaft for me.

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

Finished testing the Synergy Black 75. Just could not beat out my Kuro Kage Dual Core XT. Originally tipped it .5" and the progressed to 1" to get the spin down a little further. It definitely spun a hundred or two RPM less but it was just not as consistent for me. Many more misses both ways where the DC XT I felt wanted to go much straighter. Synergy definitely has a very smooth feel and it was a mid launch shaft for me.

I just tipped my KKDC XT 1" after playing with it for a full year untipped. After an extensive GC4 session, I can confidently say that I can't imagine ever needing more spin reduction than I get with the KKDC XT tipped 1". The fact that the Synergy spins even less is crazy. Good to see the KKDC XT still holding it's own, I love this shaft!

I just tipped my KKDC XT 1" after playing with it for a full year untipped. After an extensive GC4 session, I can confidently say that I can't imagine ever needing more spin reduction than I get with the KKDC XT tipped 1". The fact that the Synergy spins even less is crazy. Good to see the KKDC XT still holding it's own, I love this shaft!

Most people do not need as much spin cutting as the Synergy Black. It's a pretty specialized product, which is why they won't retail it. However, those who do need it, feel like it arrived on a unicorn at the end of a rainbow. Haha. The great thing about it is that guys who normally play a heavier shaft to chop spin more can now go lighter and still get that big reduction.

Was hitting it at the kingdom with my M2 10.5 1300rpms... Put me in a M4 12 degree head and got me 2100 spin and high bombs just brilliant. The fitter was not even aware of this shaft?

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

Was hitting it at the kingdom with my M2 10.5 1300rpms... Put me in a M4 12 degree head and got me 2100 spin and high bombs just brilliant. The fitter was not even aware of this shaft?

It's Tour only, never to be released retail in current form. The only fitters I'd expect to know about it would be the guys on the PGA Tour.

I thought about you and some of your "experiments" when reading through this thread. This would have been right up your alley!

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 9.0, Ventus Black 6X, 45.5"

TaylorMade Stealth2 Plus 4 (16.5), HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.5 70g, 42.5"

TaylorMade P790 3 (2021), DG X100 (SSx2)

TaylorMade P7MC Raw 4-PW, DG Mid X100 (SSx1)
TaylorMade MG4 50, 54 - DG S400

Titleist SM9 58T - DG S400
Scotty Cameron Oil Can Newport, 34"
TaylorMade TP5x (2021)

My WITB Post