Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

I want to thank TollBros with all of his expertise. I recently picked up a Rogue SZ and was fitted for a T1100, so naturally I picked one up. I’ve hit it 3 range sessions and one round. Very nice shaft and didn’t think it could get better, but I am a major club whore. So I messaged TollBros about a Pro Orange and he pointed me towards the Synergy Black. He recommended 70TX and tipped 3/4”. Yesterday was the first time I got a chance to swing it. I was on the range and hit a few iron shots to loosen up, then hit the T1100 about 6 times and then swapped it with the Synergy Black. First shot made my jaw hit the ground. It is night and day difference. Majority of the drives were carrying the end of the range at 290. Like someone said above, it is just a straight boring flight, but it goes!

With that said I have a T1100 65g 6.5 if anyone is interested. :)

Thanks again Toll!

Synergy Black really is a special product. I am very happy to hear that. It's the very reason we test and collect data from a wide variety of players on every product we carry. You as a customer are spending your hard earned $400 on something, and we feel you deserve to purchase from someone who puts in the time and effort to make sure that their customers are set up correctly, and are happy with the end product. Obviously not every person will love every single product, but we really do try to go the extra mile to give our best effort to get it right. We thank you for trusting us with your purchase, and thank you for trusting me enough to get you set up correctly. I couldn't be happier that it is working out so well for you because that's really the end goal, to help players enjoy the game more.

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed, we will have the last availability of these in about 2 weeks. We have a smaller quantity coming, as this is the last of the Tour stock on them and no more will be made. This will go down the way of the V2 Orange, where customers are still asking for new ones a year or more after we have sold out. About 50% of these are already gone on pre-order which leaves us with roughly the following quantities until they are gone forever.

60tx - 55 (23 pre-sold as of today)

70tx - 37 (21 pre-sold as of today)

Anyone using the synergy in their fairway woods?

We have done some blue in fairways but all the Synergy Black have been drivers. At least that we have built. Most of the black players are going Pro White or Kuro Kàge DCXT in the fairways.

Thanks Toll

No problem. Let me know if you need help getting into the right product for you.

Ok, here is the finished Tour Proto version of Aldila's new Tour Only SYNERGY shaft. Below you will see Trackman data against the two lowest spin shafts that we have tested, that didn't hit 6 feet off the ground or feel like a telephone pole. As you can see, the Synergy is launching the same or higher, with incredibly low spin. How is it doing this? I don't exactly know, but it has to be the inclusion of graphene in the material construction. As it is a true Tour Proto, I don't have all the finite details on exactly how or where, but I can tell you it's the first graphite shaft using graphene and we have the data to prove the results. Below I have included a couple articles on graphene for the techies out there. Basically it's the strongest fiber ever tested and over 200 times stronger than steel.

Graphene info:

http://www.graphene....an-graphene-do/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

Where to purchase:

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

I will post several more comparison Trackman blocks in the days coming.

Toll do you Think I can handle the Synergy Black 60 TX with my ss 102-107 with Hazrdus Yellow 6.5 (75 gram) I bought a Rouge Subzero 9.0 and my spin is around 2300. If you Think it is possible for me to play, send me a mail at [email protected] and put me up on the list for the remaining Synergy Black 60 TX, so i can pay with PAYPAL or by card.

Regards drpeo SWEDEN

Ok, here is the finished Tour Proto version of Aldila's new Tour Only SYNERGY shaft. Below you will see Trackman data against the two lowest spin shafts that we have tested, that didn't hit 6 feet off the ground or feel like a telephone pole. As you can see, the Synergy is launching the same or higher, with incredibly low spin. How is it doing this? I don't exactly know, but it has to be the inclusion of graphene in the material construction. As it is a true Tour Proto, I don't have all the finite details on exactly how or where, but I can tell you it's the first graphite shaft using graphene and we have the data to prove the results. Below I have included a couple articles on graphene for the techies out there. Basically it's the strongest fiber ever tested and over 200 times stronger than steel.

Graphene info:

http://www.graphene....an-graphene-do/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphene

Where to purchase:

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

I will post several more comparison Trackman blocks in the days coming.

Toll do you Think I can handle the Synergy Black 60 TX with my ss 102-107 with Hazrdus Yellow 6.5 (75 gram) I bought a Rouge Subzero 9.0 and my spin is around 2300. If you Think it is possible for me to play, send me a mail at [email protected] and put me up on the list for the remaining Synergy Black 60 TX, so i can pay with PAYPAL or by card.

Regards drpeo SWEDEN

Honestly, I don't think it will suit you if your spin is that low with Hzrdus yellow. The Synergy Black is going to spin a lot less, and I'm afraid it's going to not spin enough for you.

I just want to put a feeler out there. I have an epic 9 and a rogue sub zero 9. The epic, I struggle to spin under 2800 with anything. My two shafts I’m deciding between right now are a GD M9003 7x and an Aerotech Ti-Fiber 70 Tour F6, leaning towards the Ti-Fiber since it gives me better dispersion. In the rogue sub zero, I’m averaging around 2100 (only head/shaft combo to get me that low) with both of these shafts launching about 12-13 degrees. Low end is 1600, high end 2400. I’m not the best ball striker, but my swing speed is 117 controlled and mid 120s all out. Would this shaft kill spin too much for me?

I just want to put a feeler out there. I have an epic 9 and a rogue sub zero 9. The epic, I struggle to spin under 2800 with anything. My two shafts I’m deciding between right now are a GD M9003 7x and an Aerotech Ti-Fiber 70 Tour F6, leaning towards the Ti-Fiber since it gives me better dispersion. In the rogue sub zero, I’m averaging around 2100 (only head/shaft combo to get me that low) with both of these shafts launching about 12-13 degrees. Low end is 1600, high end 2400. I’m not the best ball striker, but my swing speed is 117 controlled and mid 120s all out. Would this shaft kill spin too much for me?

Interested on your thoughts on the 70 F6 Ti-fiber since I have one I will be glueing up here soon. Any experience with the HZRDUS Black for a comparison, tipping etc? Also in on the pre-order for a Synergy Black 70TX as well..

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Interested on your thoughts on the 70 F6 Ti-fiber since I have one I will be glueing up here soon. Any experience with the HZRDUS Black for a comparison, tipping etc? Also in on the pre-order for a Synergy Black 70TX as well..

Never tried the HZRDUS Black. The numbers I mentioned above are with both the M9003 7x and Ti-Fiber 70 Tour F6 straight in, no tipping. I haven't met a shaft that I can't snap hook into the trees, but both shafts are very smooth and feel great. I'd give the edge to the Ti-Fiber on feel; it just works for me. If you throw out my snap hooks, the M9003 dispersion is about 10 yards L/R over a set and the Ti-Fiber is 5 yards L/R from a set. Unless there is something in the swing, it just wants to go straight. I typically play a pull fade, but the Ti-Fiber minimizes my misses.

Never tried the HZRDUS Black. The numbers I mentioned above are with both the M9003 7x and Ti-Fiber 70 Tour F6 straight in, no tipping. I haven't met a shaft that I can't snap hook into the trees, but both shafts are very smooth and feel great. I'd give the edge to the Ti-Fiber on feel; it just works for me. If you throw out my snap hooks, the M9003 dispersion is about 10 yards L/R over a set and the Ti-Fiber is 5 yards L/R from a set. Unless there is something in the swing, it just wants to go straight. I typically play a pull fade, but the Ti-Fiber minimizes my misses.

Ok thanks. Gonna be an interesting experiment, Black vs Black vs Ti-Fiber!

4 Hybrid...
Ping Ketsch Mid 

I just want to put a feeler out there. I have an epic 9 and a rogue sub zero 9. The epic, I struggle to spin under 2800 with anything. My two shafts I'm deciding between right now are a GD M9003 7x and an Aerotech Ti-Fiber 70 Tour F6, leaning towards the Ti-Fiber since it gives me better dispersion. In the rogue sub zero, I'm averaging around 2100 (only head/shaft combo to get me that low) with both of these shafts launching about 12-13 degrees. Low end is 1600, high end 2400. I'm not the best ball striker, but my swing speed is 117 controlled and mid 120s all out. Would this shaft kill spin too much for me?

At 2100 you are already too low for a center strike. Misses being 1600 is unplayable.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

read this whole thread very cool, and thanks for the info...just wondering what specs are on the synergy black 60tx and 70tx, weight, tourque...

TS3 8.5, tenseii pro blue 70tx tipped 1"
917 f3 15, tenseii pro blue 80tx tipped 1.5"
U510 2, recoil 110 f5
U500 4, 620mb 5-9, PX 6.5
SM8 46.10, 50.12, PX 6.5

SM8 raw 56.14, 62.10 s400
Scotty Newport 2, Pro Platinum

Pro V1x left dash

I am thinking of pairing one of these with a g400 max . Low spin plus max moi

I have the 70TX paired with a Ping G400 LST and it's FANTASTIC!!!

How do you compare to the KK DC XT?

I'm currently playing the kk xt (non DC) and its a monster in the 8.5 g400 lst head

I'm playing the KK DC XT 70TX in my G400 LST and it's really really good. Numbers wise it's very close to the XT it just feels smoother and has less left in it for me.

what do you have yours tipped at J13??

U510 2, recoil 110 f5
SM8 46.10, 50.12, PX 6.5

Pro V1x left dash

read this whole thread very cool, and thanks for the info...just wondering what specs are on the synergy black 60tx and 70tx, weight, tourque...

66 and 75 grams. No idea on torque as it's not a production shaft with listed specs.

thanks...very interesting that at your speeds shaft at 66 grams is staying with you!!

U510 2, recoil 110 f5
SM8 46.10, 50.12, PX 6.5

Pro V1x left dash

66 and 75 grams. No idea on torque as it's not a production shaft with listed specs.

thanks...very interesting that at your speeds shaft at 66 grams is staying with you!!

I suppose the same could be said for DJ. Years ago I used to play 80 gram shafts to get the spin rates I wanted. These days the 65 gram shafts will do it in some profiles. I love technology. Haha

Hey toll have you hit the Tensei CK Pro White 50 tx?...I've hit the 60 tx and liked it...same specs on the two shafts but the 50 is just a little lighter right?.im trying to pick up a little speed...thanks alot

Yes we have. It's stable for a 50 gram shaft, but not as much as the 60. It definitely does play softer in all areas, and tipping and set up need to be adjusted accordingly.

What is 4-500 rpm less into the wind going to get you distance wise? Super pumped to try this shaft.

4 Hybrid...
Ping Ketsch Mid 

Toll, my Synergy all of sudden is spinning the ball around 3800?????? It was at 2100 for the first 20 rounds now way too much? It even feels whippy? Could it have a defect? Please advise??Thank you as always....

PING G430 10K Max 9 degree (digitally lofted) DI VF 6X tipped .5". 44.5" D5 

G430 17 HY DI HY 85 X

TSR2 21 HY DI HY 85 X

4 THRU PW King Tour KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 48 "F" KBS $ Taper 120

VOKEY 54 "F" S400

VOKEY 60 "V" S400

JAILBIRD CRUISER 38"

HOOFER LITE BLACK CAMO 

2024 TP5X (as of now)

Toll, my Synergy all of sudden is spinning the ball around 3800?????? It was at 2100 for the first 20 rounds now way too much? It even feels whippy? Could it have a defect? Please advise??Thank you as always....

More likely check the driver face and crown for cracks or imperfections. A shaft that has issues will generally simply break. Just don't use the driver as a crutch to put pressure on when teeing the ball up and avoid any repeated heel strikes and you'll rarely see a shaft break. Generally if that ever happens it's from one of three things, abuse, heel strikes, poor installation, and all those will generally cause a shaft to snap off at the tip. As long as it looks ok, it most likely is. Also check to make sure the screw is tight and torqued properly in the bottom of the driver.