Aldila SYNERGY TOUR BLACK.....The Low Spin King. Trackman Data Inside.

TollBros

Played a round on Sunday with the Synergy 70TX in a 2017 M1 440 9.5 degree playing at 45". I have to say I am impressed. I had been using an AD TP 7TX before the Synergy came in and was getting along pretty well with it.

My bad miss is a hook and very very rarely lose a ball to the right. Doing the "waggle" test, it felt slightly soft so was unsure what I would get.

I did not hook a ball all day long and was either playing a slight draw (normal ball flight) or even a slight fade (what!!!!!!!). I will continue to test this shaft and hit it on the range against the AD TP 7TX when I have some more time. Initial impressions of this shaft has really really peeked my interest.

Thanks again Toll for making this available to us!

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an incredible shaft. Workable but straight. I duck hook the odd one but my god is it long. I'm driving the ball longer than when I was 28. Obviously strength training like a psycho helps, but this shaft is mid-high launch with super low spin and the ball just sores and rolls. It's really something.

I still like point and shoot shafts better but put a decent swing on the ball and you will be very rewarded.

Played a round on Sunday with the Synergy 70TX in a 2017 M1 440 9.5 degree playing at 45". I have to say I am impressed. I had been using an AD TP 7TX before the Synergy came in and was getting along pretty well with it.

My bad miss is a hook and very very rarely lose a ball to the right. Doing the "waggle" test, it felt slightly soft so was unsure what I would get.

I did not hook a ball all day long and was either playing a slight draw (normal ball flight) or even a slight fade (what!!!!!!!). I will continue to test this shaft and hit it on the range against the AD TP 7TX when I have some more time. Initial impressions of this shaft has really really peeked my interest.

Thanks again Toll for making this available to us!

Happy to hear more positive results with it. I love the modern high dollar product. You actually get outstanding feel and feedback coupled with spin rates that we haven't seen before in golf shafts. No longer do you need to play a broom stick to get low spin. Some of this new product is really special.

It's an incredible shaft. Workable but straight. I duck hook the odd one but my god is it long. I'm driving the ball longer than when I was 28. Obviously strength training like a psycho helps, but this shaft is mid-high launch with super low spin and the ball just sores and rolls. It's really something.

I still like point and shoot shafts better but put a decent swing on the ball and you will be very rewarded.

It really is very unconventional isn't it? Somehow it retains some reasonable launch angle but produces such low spin rates while doing so. I don't know exactly how they are doing it, but I'm assuming it has to be the graphene contruction. Smooth feel, mid launch, insanely low spin aren't three things that have really gone together until now. I'm down to ONE 60tx left and have been trying for 2 weeks to secure more because the demand is unrelenting. Hopefully we can make that happen for all the guys who will otherwise miss out completely.

Just to update we have ONE single piece of 60tx left. We are trying to obtain more, but I cannot promise it will happen. Whoever wants a 60 should get it now.

Dang, maybe I should have kept it and auctioned it off ;-)

Driver: Cobra LTDxLS @ 9º (8.25º) w/ Fujikura Speeder TR 661s

Fairway: Callaway Mavrik 4W @ 16º w/ ProjectX Evenflow Black 70s

Hybrid: Sub70 939x 4H @ 21º w/ ProjectX Black Hybrid 6.0

Irons: Artisan HC 4/5 w/ Steelfiber i95cw Stiff; 6-PW w/ Steelfiber i110cw Stiff

Wedges: Artisan Raw 51º, 56º, 61º w/ Modus 120s (to  be re-shafted with Steelfibers to match irons)

Putter: Artisan 0318 Deep Milled

I may have a chance to grab 10-15 more 60's. Is there anyone who would need one if we did?

Yes, please let me know - thanks!

We have ONE piece left. It's yours if you want it.

For the others, as long as there is interest, I will tell Keith to please grab more.

I would probably be interested in a back up :)

I am thinking of pairing one of these with a g400 max . Low spin plus max moi

I have the 70TX paired with a Ping G400 LST and it's FANTASTIC!!!

TaylorMade Stealth 2+ 8* - Tensei White Pro 70TX

Callaway Paradym TD 3 wood (14*) - Kai'Li White 80x (tipped extra 1/2")

Callaway UW 17* - Kai'Li White 90TX

Callaway Mavrik Pro 3 (20*) - Kai'Li White 100TX

Mizuno JPX 900 Tour 5-9 - KBS Tour V 125 S+

Titleist Vokey 46, 50, 55 & 60 - KBS 610

TaylorMade Spider S Platinum Single Bend - KBS CT Tour Matte Black shaft

We have actually built about 6 of those for customers. Guys really seem to be liking that combo.

Also for everyone who asked, YES, we are getting one final batch of Synergy Black so the 60tx will be available soon again. Not very many are coming and this will be the last of this product for good. We only have about 80 of them coming, and we have potential pre-orders on nearly half. If you want one, this will be your very last chance.

I’ll ask an obvious question.

Why do they take the time to develop a high tech shaft like this and then choose not to sell it? I realize most golfers cant use such a low spin shaft, but Is demand really so low for an ultra low spin shaft that it’s not worth it for them to make it a regular in their product line up?

I guess I just don’t understand why they’d spend a lot of time and money on a shaft and then basically abandon it.

I’ll ask an obvious question.

Why do they take the time to develop a high tech shaft like this and then choose not to sell it? I realize most golfers cant use such a low spin shaft, but Is demand really so low for an ultra low spin shaft that it’s not worth it for them to make it a regular in their product line up?

I guess I just don’t understand why they’d spend a lot of time and money on a shaft and then basically abandon it.

Basically they develop the technology and see if it works as planned. Tour players need or want a certain type of profile which they make for them. They then take the technology and principals and apply them to profiles that better suit the general public. The issue with offering such a thing for general sale is that you cannot control to any degree who buys it. Most people selling shafts are not testing them, cannot truly fit them, don't really know how varying degrees of tipping affect each product, and are basically blindly selling it to anyone with the money to buy it. With such a specialized product, you need to do your very best to make sure the customer needs it and that it suits him. The last thing any company needs is 10,000 people buying a product blindly, of which 9500 end up hating. This is that type of product. For those it fits, it's thr holy Grail of shafts, but most would not be able to play it. That just doesn't do anyone any good to have so many buyers buying a product that they will hate and feel is a waste of money.

We have actually built about 6 of those for customers. Guys really seem to be liking that combo.

Also for everyone who asked, YES, we are getting one final batch of Synergy Black so the 60tx will be available soon again. Not very many are coming and this will be the last of this product for good. We only have about 80 of them coming, and we have potential pre-orders on nearly half. If you want one, this will be your very last chance.

Any guys with Ping G400 max with a Synergy Black 60 tx have moderate ss 102-107 ? Can they handle the shaft without swinging out of their shoes ? I will gladly buy it blindly if there are some guys with my ss 102-107

drpeo

Hey JT,

Any more info on the "Proto" Rogue that you mentioned would be a Synergy'ish spin with Pro Orange (or more) counter balancing?? That one has me (and prob the other counter balance lovers) very intrigued.

Thanks!!

[b]TaylorMade SIM[/b] - 10.5 deg - w/ Aldila Synergy Black Proto 60-TX tipped 0.5 - 44.75"
[b]Adams XTD TI[/b] - 2 hybrid (16.5 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 3i (1 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper Lite-X (ss1)
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 4-6: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Adams MB2 - [/b] 7-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Titleist Vokey[/b] SM4: 50 F Grind - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Callaway[/b] PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60 - Dynamic Gold TI s400
[b]Tiger NP2 Replica G.O.A.T.:[/b] - 35.5in

Hey JT,

Any more info on the "Proto" Rogue that you mentioned would be a Synergy'ish spin with Pro Orange (or more) counter balancing?? That one has me (and prob the other counter balance lovers) very intrigued.

Thanks!!

Okay I'm in where do I buy one!? This would be a dream in my Ping G400 LST

Titleist TSR2 - TPT Nitro 16lo
Taylormade SIM Ti 3w - Tensei 1k Black 85tx
Taylormade SIM Ti 5w - Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Cobra Tec Hybrid 2 - Kai'li 90tx

Cobra Tec Hybrid 4 - Aldila Tour Black 105tx
Srixon ZX5/ZX& Mkii 5-PW - Project X 6.5

Callaway Jaws Raw 50s, 54s, 58z - BGT ZNE 130

Putter - LAB something or another

Hey JT,

Thanks!!

Okay I'm in where do I buy one!? This would be a dream in my Ping G400 LST

Yeah I have a tour issue M2 (currently with an PO 60tx) that could potentially love this!! JT made a quick comment about this proto shaft and the new Rogue 130msi within the "Big Bad Low Spin Shaft" thread, but it I cant find that thread any longer. He might have it down to add some additional information to it.

[b]TaylorMade SIM[/b] - 10.5 deg - w/ Aldila Synergy Black Proto 60-TX tipped 0.5 - 44.75"
[b]Adams XTD TI[/b] - 2 hybrid (16.5 deg) - Matrix HM3 105g X
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 3i (1 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper Lite-X (ss1)
[b]TaylorMade P790 -[/b] 4-6: (2 deg weak) - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Adams MB2 - [/b] 7-PW: KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Titleist Vokey[/b] SM4: 50 F Grind - KBS C-Taper 130x (ss1)
[b]Callaway[/b] PM Grind 56 - bent to 55, PM Grind 60 - Dynamic Gold TI s400
[b]Tiger NP2 Replica G.O.A.T.:[/b] - 35.5in

Any guys with Ping G400 max with a Synergy Black 60 tx have moderate ss 102-107 ? Can they handle the shaft without swinging out of their shoes ? I will gladly buy it blindly if there are some guys with my ss 102-107

drpeo

That's really where most of the Max guys are at. I'd say 100-110 is that range. I know Tony Finau is playing it, but we haven't had anyone at higher speeds move over to that head. It starts to spin more for most as you get the speed up. Although, Synergy Black certainly helps that immensely.

Hey JT,

Thanks!!

Yes actually there are two Proto Rogue shafts out on Tour at the moment. One is the Platinum 135 and the other is the one they are currently working on the profile on. I don't actually know what the final iteration of that product is going to be right now. At this point, releasing too much info on it might end up biting me, because frankly it might not end up the way it is now. We will know more on that in the next 2 months or so as they test different iterations and decide on what's best. Right now, I am told that there are very very few of them out on Tour and we just happen to have the testing shafts. I cannot sell those under any circumstance and I would safely say we are a little ways out from having any real ability to get them for the guys that will want them, of which I believe is going to be a LOT. This product is very very different from the original Rogue 125 is a ton of positive ways. I will explain all that in depth, detailed photos, launch comparison data against other low spin models, etc in it's own dedicated thread here in a week or so. Keith wanted to slow things down a little bit, since honestly, there is no reason to release all that info, get everyone super excited, then have them have truly no option at all to be able to get one. It's coming very soon, we would just like to get a little closer to realistic obtainability before we start that dedicated thread.

I know you do not give shaft advice, but is the syn black comparable to Speeder Evo II ? In my fitting it was the only shaft that's "lower spin" that I got good numbers with. Everything else was pull hooks or push cuts. I'm right in the 100-105 swing range but in a stiff flex.

I'm happy to give any advice anyone who intends to purchase needs, 100% free of charge, simply to make sure they get the proper fit and set up, and love the product they spend their money on. It's the free advice my boss isn't much of a fan of. haha. Anyway, Synergy Black is tour only and comes only in TX flex. Also it's going to spin markedly less than the Speeder. Without seeing your data and swing profile, I cannot make any recommendation on what might work for you, and we really don't like selling shafts blindly when there is any concern of that at all. My job is to make sure you like what you purchase and it's set up best for you. Selling you something you hate doesn't do you, us, or Aldila any favors. Everyone is unhappy in the end under those circumstances.

I know you do not give shaft advice, but is the syn black comparable to Speeder Evo II ? In my fitting it was the only shaft that's "lower spin" that I got good numbers with. Everything else was pull hooks or push cuts. I'm right in the 100-105 swing range but in a stiff flex.

I'm happy to give any advice anyone who intends to purchase needs, 100% free of charge, simply to make sure they get the proper fit and set up, and love the product they spend their money on. It's the free advice my boss isn't much of a fan of. haha. Anyway, Synergy Black is tour only and comes only in TX flex. Also it's going to spin markedly less than the Speeder. Without seeing your data and swing profile, I cannot make any recommendation on what might work for you, and we really don't like selling shafts blindly when there is any concern of that at all. My job is to make sure you like what you purchase and it's set up best for you. Selling you something you hate doesn't do you, us, or Aldila any favors. Everyone is unhappy in the end under those circumstances.

Understood. Maybe I'll read some more reviews to try and make more of a decision. I have Trackman data from my session but I'm not going to PM or bug you unless I really intend to buy. I only need to cut like 200 RPM off my drives and cut maybe 1-2* off launch. I could change my set up but when I do (in order to try and do this via my swing) I end up hitting block shots (move ball back in stance).

Understood. Maybe I'll read some more reviews to try and make more of a decision. I have Trackman data from my session but I'm not going to PM or bug you unless I really intend to buy. I only need to cut like 200 RPM off my drives and cut maybe 1-2* off launch. I could change my set up but when I do (in order to try and do this via my swing) I end up hitting block shots (move ball back in stance).

You can drop 300rpm and a degree of launch by simply going 1 degree lower loft on the driver.