TP Black Copper Collection

Comments

• TheMoneyShotTheMoneyShot ***FIGJAM/Twirl of Doom*** Members Posts: 30,511 ✭✭

What does the headcover look like on these?

Picking up my soto tomorrow can't wait!

Pics?

Haven't been this excited for a putter in a while exactly the type I needed for my stroke. Also best looking and quality putter taylormade has put out to date imo

That looks awesome!

What does the headcover look like on these?

Picking up my soto tomorrow can't wait!

Pics?

Haven't been this excited for a putter in a while exactly the type I needed for my stroke. Also best looking and quality putter taylormade has put out to date imo

How does it feel? Soft?
  • ace036ace036 Members Posts: 1,997 ✭✭
    Can we get some good address pics of the Soto please?
    Ping G410 Plus 10.5° - Fujikura Speeder Evolution V 757X
    Ping G410 14.5° - Accra FX 2.0 300F M5
    Titleist 917F2 21° - Aldila NV 2KXV Orange 75S
    Titleist 718 AP2 (4-PW) - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 50.08F - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 54.10S - Project X 6.0
    Titleist SM6 58.08M - Project X 6.0
    Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F
  • scottb15scottb15 Members Posts: 277 ✭✭
    When I tried these to me they felt almost hollow, didn't hate or love it but just wasn't for me
    [font=tahoma,geneva,sans-serif]Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 913 FD 15
    Titleist 913 H 21
    Taylormade CB Irons 4-9
    Vokey SM5 48-2/50
    Vokey SM4 54/60
    Nike Method Proto 006
    Titleist NXT Tour S[/font]
  • lspky_muskielspky_muskie Members Posts: 905 ✭✭
    These are impossible to find in stores right now.

These are impossible to find in stores right now.

GG has them all except the Soto in my area.
  • Rob McHughRob McHugh Rob ClubWRX Posts: 976 ClubWRX
    Guys, please forgive my ignorance (I'll ask here as I am already here before I go to Google) - looking at the photos above, why are they called 'Copper' when all I can see is 303 and I assume a Urethane insert?

Thanks.

Rob
  • Golf4life91Golf4life91 Banned Posts: 11
    ace036 wrote:

Can we get some good address pics of the Soto please?

Going today to play with it so will provide some more feedback and another pic at that point.

I do have access to a few more soto's know they are hard to find for you guys in the u.s right now.
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 435 ✭✭
    jdang307 wrote:

Wanted to test out the Soto vs. Juno. So I ordered both. I thought. I did it while drunk. Ended up with 2 Juno's and 2 soto. ****! Juno looks to ship soon, Soto at the end of May. Crazy.

Hahaha. Totally somthing i would do! Dont think you will lose any $ if you list the 3 you arent going to game on the BST. Should be abke to get retail. Might have to eat shipping???? If u are getting rid of any let me know as i am in the market!
  • SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,476 ✭✭
    Rolled all the models in GolfTown today. Quite impressed.
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,386 ✭✭
    Felt very light to me. To each their own.

TAYLORMADE M3 RIP'D X 6.5
    COBRA F8 19* HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    CALLAWAY XR PRO 23* PX 6.0
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2018 NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5
    SUN MOUNTAIN 2FIVE

• SkhackerSkhacker The Minimalist Golfer Members Posts: 1,476 ✭✭
    23under wrote:
    Felt very light to me. To each their own.

Ya they do feel light. But I like 330g max so felt perfect for me. Didn't buy one though. Still trying to figure out if there's actually any copper in them or if it's just a synthetic look.
  • Bryanw99Bryanw99 Members Posts: 53 ✭✭
    I played 18 holes Sunday with my Soto and I think it feels great. Such a good looking putter and honestly in my opinion the price is great too. I’ve had a Newport 2 for the last 6 years and switched to this. The Soto will be staying in the bag for a long time.
  • SCOTT4099SCOTT4099 Members Posts: 990 ✭✭
    Any reviews on the Mullen 2 mallet yet? I am considering this one.....
    Callaway epic 9.0
    Cobra bio cell 3/4
    Ping G 19 degree hybrid
    Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
    Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
    Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35
  • jjrjjr Members Posts: 1,088 ✭✭
    My Mullen 2 is on it's way from S.D. I'll post some info later in the week.
  • 5hort5tuff5hort5tuff Members Posts: 3,302 ✭✭
    I rolled these at golftown earlier these week. I have to be honest...I don't think these are anything to write home about.

They look cheap to me...and definitely arent copper. The red insert is also an odd choice. Why not at least make the insert copper?
    COBRA LTD w. Hzrdus Red
    WISHON 919 w. Hzrdus Red
    TAYLORMADE Issue Aeroburner w. Tensei Blue
    PING G25 w. Tensei Blue
    PING I200 w. AWT 2.0
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth
    MannKrafted Carbon WB Rattler
    Xenon Copper Wide X
    SGC 902
    Finally rolled one this weekend and boy was I disappointed. Like another post already stated, it felt like very cheap plastic. I wish they would have used a softer insert. My O Works is going nowhere.
  • Golfer_1993Golfer_1993 Members Posts: 599 ✭✭
    edited May 6, 2018 #48
    I rolled a Juno friday and it was amazing. I haven't liked a putter this much since the black Kiama. It's getting in my bag as soon as possible.
    Hopefully TM brings out the new TP copper without the plastic insert down the road. I cancelled my Soto order after rolling the Juno in the store today. I wanted to love it..
  • jdang307jdang307 Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Soto and Juno still hasn't shipped and I bought them day one. I get a FNF discount so I'm waiting, but dang. I may get an Ardmore 3 just to roll something for now
  • jll62jll62 ClubWRX Posts: 2,028 ClubWRX
    Rob McHugh wrote:

Guys, please forgive my ignorance (I'll ask here as I am already here before I go to Google) - looking at the photos above, why are they called 'Copper' when all I can see is 303 and I assume a Urethane insert?

Thanks.

Rob

They have a triple plated finish. A copper color shows through when they buff the edges, hence the "Black Copper" name. The look is very much like antique bronze hardware you might use on a door handle or bathroom fixture.

I haven't seen these in person yet, but I know the original sell sheet listed the insert as aluminum (which is what's also used in the silver TP collection).
    TaylorMade M3 9.5, GD Tour AD GP-6s, 44.75"
    TaylorMade M3 T3, Tensei Pro White 70 S, 42.5"
    TaylorMade P-790 UDI 2, Aerotech SteelFiber i95 S
    TaylorMade P-770 3-4, DG X100 (SSx1)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 5-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
    TaylorMade Milled Grind 52 Raw, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58, DG S400 Tour Issue
    TaylorMade DJ Itsy Bitsy Proto, 34"
    TaylorMade TP5x #12

jll62's WITB
  • taylormade113taylormade113 Members Posts: 894 ✭✭
    Is the juno in this style the same as the silver tp, just with a darker finish? Shape, weight, Toe hang? Thanks!
  • taylorx300taylorx300 Members Posts: 1,265 ✭✭
    edited May 16, 2018 #53
    Yes same putter
    M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
    M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
    M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
    P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
    52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
    60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
    Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black
  • M4TTM4TT EnglandMembers Posts: 1,386 ✭✭

Finally rolled one this weekend and boy was I disappointed. Like another post already stated, it felt like very cheap plastic. I wish they would have used a softer insert. My O Works is going nowhere.

Doubt TM will make a better insert than o-works. Love mine too and was less than impressed by this new TM line.

TAYLORMADE M3 RIP'D X 6.5
    COBRA F8 19* HZRDUS BLACK 6.5
    CALLAWAY XR PRO 23* PX 6.0
    TAYLORMADE R9 TP 5 IRON KBS S
    TAYLORMADE MC 6-PW KBS S
    SCOTTY CAMERON 2018 NEWPORT
    TITLEIST PROV1 X
    CLICGEAR 3.5
    SUN MOUNTAIN 2FIVE

• jdang307jdang307 Members Posts: 169 ✭✭
    Taylormade emailed me and said the Juno putter I ordered on the day of release, is now delayed until June 4. This was after I called them Tuesday and they should it's in and should ship any day now.
  • hkkcuthkkcut Members Posts: 2
    Bought a Mullen 2 today, extremely impressed. Love the look, feels great, comes stock with a superstroke pistol. Headcovers are awesome as well.
  • SCOTT4099SCOTT4099 Members Posts: 990 ✭✭
    Any reviews on the Ardmore 3 yet?
    Callaway epic 9.0
    Cobra bio cell 3/4
    Ping G 19 degree hybrid
    Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
    Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
    Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35
  • DWCobraJRDWCobraJR Members Posts: 538 ✭✭
    edited Jun 4, 2018 #58
    23under wrote:

Doubt TM will make a better insert than o-works. Love mine too and was less than impressed by this new TM line.

I guess I'm on the other end of this spectrum, I have really struggled with the insert on my 3t. It is so soft there is not a lot of sound feedback which for whatever reasons tends to throw off my distance control.

The harder insert on the TM Soto actually feels better to me because it gives a better sound feedback.

To reach their own. Love the look of my 3t just can't quite make it happen with the insert.

Relative to this thread, I got my Soto on Friday and really like the look of it! Paired it with the old Taylormade midsize pistol that came on the Ghost putters and it is my favorite putter in the stable!
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,259 ✭✭
    Played w a guy yesterday who had the Mullen. Looked so beautiful. Just not a fan of flange line, otherwise I would have tried one out.
    WITB
    Epic SZ HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.5
    LTD Kai'li 70X
    818H2 Tour Blue 85X
    P790 4i Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW KBS Tour 120 FLT
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS AMT Wedge
    Glide Stealth 2.0 58/12SS Modus 125 Wedge
    TP Black Copper Juno w/ PX 7.0 Wedge
    TP5X
    Sun Mountain 4.5 Bag

• tarrantiantarrantian Members Posts: 45 ✭✭
    Bought 2 'Soto's' after rolling them at Golftown...

Been a devoted Spider guy, but just needed something fresh (Always preferred the look of a blade, but generally putt better with a mallet). Really liked the feel and weight of the head, especially when I decided to go completely 'old school' and ditch my normally preferred counter balanced SuperStrokes for a Golf Pride Tour Classic mid...

After a week, I ordered the 'weight tool' Taylormade.ca (Can't seem to order any of the weights in Canada at this time) to add a but of lead inside the weight ports to give it just a wee bit more heft (Don't really think I would go to the full 20g or 15g weights as the 10g's are almost perfect for me surprisingly as I prefer really heavy putters)...

So, not sure if it's just because it's 'different', but I've been holing EVERYTHING, it's just crazy good for me at the moment, just loving my Soto's!! (Won't shed myself of my Spiders yet in case it's just a honeymoon, but wow is this a great putter).

Cheers,
    Taylormade M3 460 Driver 9.5D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 S) (9.5D)
    Taylormade M3 3HL Metal 17.0D (Mistsubishi Tensei CK White 60 S) (17.0D)
    Taylormade M3 3 Hybrid Metal 19.0D (Kuro Kage Silver Series Hybrid 80 S) (19.0D)
    Taylormade P790 Forged Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (3-PW)
    Taylormade Milled Grind Hi-Toe Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 115 W) (50D STD 9.0/54D STD 10.0/58D ATV 12.0)
    Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
    Evnroll ER1.2 TourBlade (34.25"/385G) Golf Pride Tour Classic Midsize Putter Grip
    Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag (Black/Red) Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
    Taylormade TP5X Golf Ball
    SkyCaddie SX500 GPS Bushnell ProX2 Laser Rangefinder
  • thevaporzthevaporz Members Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    It looks good but man they need to bring back Kia Ma full milled putters (the black ones, no insert). At 350g too. Blackout shaft with the old TP flag label too!