Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Horrible PXG experience

Dr.JPDr.JP Members Posts: 464 ✭✭✭✭
So I really was excited to get fit for my PXG’s as a gift from my wife. Man was I let down. Just curious if anyone else has had a poor experience especially after paying premium for these clubs. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• SennaSenna Members Posts: 375 ✭✭
    Just cause they are expensive doesn't mean they are good
  • J13J13 Dad golf Members Posts: 15,640 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you elaborate on what happened?
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsubishi Tensei White 70TX
    Callaway EF 3+ w/ HZRDUS Black 75 6.5
    Srixon 745's 4-PW / Modus Tour 120 TX
    Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 / Modus 125
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck 35.5" (counter weight removed)
    Srixon Zstar XV
    GolfWRX WITB Podcast - Irons reveal 11/14/18 http://www.golfwrx.c...utm_content=sub
    GolfWrx WITB Podcast 2017 : http://www.golfwrx.com/482668/tgtg-golfwrx-forum-member-j13-talks-witb-and-club-testing/
    WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590
  • DrudershDrudersh ClubWRX Posts: 2,964 ClubWRX
    I just hit a set of 0311’s for the first time this weekend and was extremely impressed. Consistent, straight, long and felt terrific.
    Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
    Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
    Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
    Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
    Odyssey Versa 2-Ball
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t give us any details. Just say gift from wife, disappointed.

Don’t expect a whole lotta relevant input bro.
  • snagy2000snagy2000 Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty vague! I just had a great fitting and extremely happy with the results. Has anyone ordered onion rings and received fries instead? Man was I let down.
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Senna wrote:

Just cause they are expensive doesn't mean they are good

It doesn’t. But they are good. It’s just a matter of if you think they’re “worth” more than twice everything else and if you are ok with the image and “the Bob” part of it.

I have a set of 0311t’s living in my basement right now that are quite nice, I just hate the image and the owner. I want to vomit every time a commercial comes on. My Hogans are staying in the bag.
    9.5* Cobra LTD, Old school Grafalloy Blue, 43.5"
    14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
    16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5" (set to 17*)
    19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
    4-7 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X.  
    Ping i210 8 & 9 Proto 125 F5 hardstepped 1x.
    Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • Dr.JPDr.JP Members Posts: 464 ✭✭✭✭
    Well “bro” I was simply trying to get an idea if anyone had issues. Given they are a premium company I was merely inquiring about others experiences. But thanks for the really useful post. Greatly appreciated
    Long story short. Reached out to pxg for a fitting no one ever responded. Reached out to local fitter. No response. Emailed company. Finally had someone fit me which was a very good experience nothing special. Specifically asked for clubs to be expedited for a member guest I was playing in. Send them ground. Still have yet to receive them. The clubs are excellent the company. Not so much.
  • LobberLobber Members Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.JP wrote:

Well “bro” I was simply trying to get an idea if anyone had issues. Given they are a premium company I was merely inquiring about others experiences. But thanks for the really useful post. Greatly appreciated

No THANK YOU for a questionable post lacking specifics and substance. Assume you already have them listed on BST since they are so "horrible"? I am sure someone will take them off your hands
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.JP wrote:

He does make a point. If you're going make a post about a poor experience you should at least give some insight into what happened. Maybe not every gory detail, but at least the cliff notes.

That said, I agree with others who have talked about disliking their image. I for one cannot stand it. To me it's down right repugnant in pretty much every way.
    In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 S
    TaylorMade M2 15° Project X HZRDUS Yellow Handcrafted 75 6.0
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-95 S  
    Callaway Apex Pro (19’) 4-PW KBS Tour $-Taper 120 S
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.10S, 58.12D KBS Tour FLT 120 S
    Toulon Design Columbus
    TaylorMade TP5X 
    Lobber wrote:
    Dr.JP wrote:

No THANK YOU for a questionable post lacking specifics and substance. Assume you already have them listed on BST since they are so "horrible"? I am sure someone will take them off your hands

You bet. I’m pretty sure I followed up with my story. Clubs are not horrible company is. So much hate on here good lord
    Did you offer to pay for expedited service? They were pretty clear with me it would be a 10-14 business day process, and they met it.
    Dr.JP wrote:

Lobber wrote:
    Dr.JP wrote:

You bet. I’m pretty sure I followed up with my story. Clubs are not horrible company is. So much hate on here good lord

Hold on, no hate here but please be accurate and truthful in your posts. In your original post, which was pretty vague, you did not mention the reason your experience was bad was because they were not delivered in time. So I stand by what I said your original post is vague. Next time be a bit more specific if you don't want to be questioned. Cheers, hugs and kisses.
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Members Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.JP wrote:

Clubs are not horrible company is. So much hate on here good lord

So just to be clear, your horrible experience is that your clubs weren’t delivered when you wanted them to be delivered? And please don’t play the “so much hate” card....that’s about as lame as it gets. You make a sus post, leave out the details, then cry “hate” when you’re checked on it. Man up just a bit if you’re going to be putting things out into the Internet....
  • KCCOKCCO Members Posts: 1,871 ✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018 #16
    I liked them, they played well....but so do other properly fit quality clubs. So I really think Bob and the marketing made me dislike them to same feeling of having a super hot girlfriend that should just keep her mouth shut, then eventually you get so annoyed your embarrassed for them and just gotta kick her to the curb, but did keep a pair of things you can’t get rid of once paid for....talking bout my wedges;)
    Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
    Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
    Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
    Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
    PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
    009 ProV1

Sounds like a bad Yelp review complaining about a restaurant when the only problem was traffic on the way there...
  • JagpilotohioJagpilotohio 45+ inch drivers are evil. Columbus, OHMembers Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.JP wrote:

Lobber wrote:
    Dr.JP wrote:

Quite honestly....I initially thought that your first post was a troll post to start a hate thread on PXG because it was so vague and generally critical.

Lord knows we already have enough of those on this site.

PXG is quite polarizing so any topic usually turns into a hate fest eventually.

Ping glide 2 46-12, 50-12, 54-14 (at 55) stealth, Vokey SM6 60M (61). Wedges Recoil Proto 125 F5
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
    KCCO wrote:

I liked them, they played well....but so do other properly fit quality clubs. So I really think Bob and the marketing made me dislike them to same feeling of having a super hot girlfriend that should just keep her mouth shut, then eventually you get so annoyed your embarrassed for them and just gotta kick her to the curb, but did keep a pair of things you can’t get rid of once paid for....talking bout my wedges;)

Hahaha. Nice. Reminds me of what my mechanic said about my Porsche that is constantly breaking and hideously expensive to fix.

Just after he told me my front brake job would cost $2865 bucks, He said, “You Just need to understand that these cars are like a supermodel with a really bad cocaine habit. Really expensive, really tempermental, and a giant pain in the a** no matter how much you love them. Sooner or later youre probably going to just give up and get rid of her.”
    Srixon Z-star XV
    Jones Trouper Bag
  • KCCOKCCO Members Posts: 1,871 ✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018 #20

KCCO wrote:

Hahaha. Nice. Reminds me of what my mechanic said about my Porsche that is constantly breaking and hideously expensive to fix.

Just after he told me my front brake job would cost $2865 bucks, He said, “You Just need to understand that these cars are like a supermodel with a really bad cocaine habit. Really expensive, really tempermental, and a giant pain in the a** no matter how much you love them. Sooner or later youre probably going to just give up and get rid of her.”

I hear that! But Porsche’s are timeless, I’ll take any generation and they always look good...def an air cooled fan, but have driven so many newer like GTS, feels as strong as a 996 turbo...but I’ll take a gt3 anything, but they; actually Porsche in general are the only car besides old muscle cars going up in value (96-96 997 turbo s $500k) insane, so always keep that in mind..cheers!

* funny part he mentioned the coke habit, as they all feel like they ride on rails...lol
    Titleist 917 D3 Tour Spec Speeder
    Titleist 917 F2 Tensei Orange
    Titleist 818 H2 Tensei White
    Titleist 718 CB 4-PW KBS C-Taper Limited Gun Metal
    PXG Darkness 52/58 MCI-100 black
    009 ProV1

• golfheaven69golfheaven69 Members Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018 #22
    Wow. Sorry everyone. Didn’t realize this would turn out like this. Understand I put the original post on and left off my story because it was long (insert joke here) and Kind of boring. My wife paid a boat load and we figured they would roll out the red carpet. That really didn’t happen. I had a better experience with callaway and miura. Paid much less for both. I think the equipment is very good but with a premium product I would have expected premium service. To answer the question about whether there was Clarity yes. I asked for expedited shipping after I found out it was that long to build. The other issue was my pro was checking to see if they were done. Could see they were finished and about to ship called to make sure they were supposed to be next day and they still sent them ground. Like I said. It was the experience not the clubs the company not the tech. I just wanted to know if any of you had a similar experience or if it was an anomaly. I get it I’m whining because I didn’t get my clubs on time (stomping feet and pouting) but any of you that have ever purchased “premium” product know that with that is typically a certain expectation that should be met. And it just didn’t happen in my opinion.
    Dr.JP wrote:

Wow. Sorry everyone. Didn’t realize this would turn out like this. Understand I put the original post on and left off my story because it was long (insert joke here) and Kind of boring. My wife paid a boat load and we figured they would roll out the red carpet. That really didn’t happen. I had a better experience with callaway and miura. Paid much less for both. I think the equipment is very good but with a premium product I would have expected premium service. To answer the question about whether there was Clarity yes. I asked for expedited shipping after I found out it was that long to build. The other issue was my pro was checking to see if they were done. Could see they were finished and about to ship called to make sure they were supposed to be next day and they still sent them ground. Like I said. It was the experience not the clubs the company not the tech. I just wanted to know if any of you had a similar experience or if it was an anomaly. I get it I’m whining because I didn’t get my clubs on time (stomping feet and pouting) but any of you that have ever purchased “premium” product know that with that is typically a certain expectation that should be met. And it just didn’t happen in my opinion.

I understand your frustration and did not intend to offend you with my responses but it certainly seemed as if you were bashing without specifics. If I did offend I am sorry. I do know that PXG is selling a lot of irons and was told 2 weeks when I ordered mine. Now that you have them let us know how you like them as you get more experience with them.
  • sphna12dsphna12d Members Posts: 533 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.JP wrote:

Long story short. Reached out to pxg for a fitting no one ever responded. Reached out to local fitter. No response. Emailed company. Finally had someone fit me which was a very good experience nothing special. Specifically asked for clubs to be expedited for a member guest I was playing in. Send them ground. Still have yet to receive them. The clubs are excellent the company. Not so much.

Very confused here. The fitting was very good or nothing special? The clubs are excellent but you haven’t received them yet? Am I the only one who is lost here?
    Lobber wrote:
    Dr.JP wrote:

I understand your frustration and did not intend to offend you with my responses but it certainly seemed as if you were bashing without specifics. If I did offend I am sorry. I do know that PXG is selling a lot of irons and was told 2 weeks when I ordered mine. Now that you have them let us know how you like them as you get more experience with them.

I appreciate that. I am sorry as well for not specifying. I was extremely frustrated with what had happened. I still haven’t gotten them. Going on 4 weeks by the time I get them. I will post some pics. Got the darkness gen 2.
  • hls2k6hls2k6 Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
    My experience was totally the opposite— incredible service. I’ll never argue about whether the clubs are worth the cost. No one can dispute that there is world-class equipment available from other manufacturers for a fraction of the price. Nor will I argue about whether some of their marketing is ridiculous. That’s a fact & an understated one at that. But my experience & every other Ive heard of with their service is a stark contrast to this one. Mine couldn’t have been better.

Did OP pay for expedited shipping? I was told expedited build and shipping is included if you order a certain number & mix of clubs. Otherwise, it’s a ridiculously expensive up charge (I think $1k) that I was told no one ever pays, because you could just use said money to buy the extra club(s) for expedited delivery to be included. With expedited delivery, you get your clubs in hand within 72 hours of the fitter entering your order.

My n=1 was, after a great fitting & ordering 13 clubs, I had a tracking number at 8:00 a.m. the day after my fitting (the prior afternoon) & my clubs in hand (east coast) 48 hours after my fitting. Mine were also a gift from my wife, but we prepaid nothing. Not even a deposit.

When my clubs came in, I was concerned they might be 1/4” short compared to my prior set from another manufacturer. My local fitter called me 1 hour after I emailed him. He drove 90 minutes to my club 2 days later to measure them, show me how PXG measures & why, compare them to the demo I was fit with, and confirm that I was coo coo for Cocoa Puffs, because they were spot on. Both my pro shop & I heard from both the local fitter & the corporate office to confirm that fact & make sure I was 100% happy.

Obviously, I am. PXG was fantastic.

• kylesilkkylesilk PXG & Yeti Members Posts: 659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2018 #27
    Just like any fitting and buying transaction, very much dependent on the fitter and the account. My PXG fitting was very good IMO and I got my clubs in one week. I'm sure there are lackluster and excellent fitters in every brand you can name.
    915 D3 Diamana D+ 70S
    913f , 913h
    712u 4 iron Pro Modus 120 S
    714 CB 5,6,7...714 MB 8-P ProModus 120S
    Vokey TVD 52,60 M..TVD 56K
    Studio Select Newport 1.5
  • rawdograwdog Cleveland, OHMembers Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    "Horrible [delivery company name] experience."
    Cobra LTD Driver
    Aldila Rogue Black, 9.5* @44.5"
    In1Zone Single Length Fairway Woods

Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 5W = 19*
    Graffaloy ProLaunch Axis Blue @41.5" 7W = 23*
    Cobra F7 One Length Irons
    Nippon Modus 105 Stiff @ 36.5"
    6I = 24* 7I = 29* 8I = 34* 9I = 39* PW = 44* GW = 49* SW = 54* LW = 59*
    Odyssey #9 HT Metal X Milled @33.5"
    Maxfli SoftFli
  • kgeorge78kgeorge78 Members Posts: 7,858 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Drudersh wrote:

I just hit a set of 0311's for the first time this weekend and was extremely impressed. Consistent, straight, long and felt terrific.

this. They are impressive

M6 10.5 ATMOS BLACK
    M6 ROCKET 14 DEG ATMOS BLACK
    Mizuno MP53 3-PW S300
    CLEVELAND RTX 4.0 52 56 60
    NEWPORT 2

• gunmetalgunmetal IdahoMembers Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr.JP wrote:

I ordered two sets of F7 Junior Single Length irons 6 weeks ago from Cobra. Was told 10 business days. Last friday one set showed up on my doorstep. Still no idea where the other set is. Sadly I think this happens more often than we like to think. And just because it's PXG and expensive doesn't mean didley pooh about premium. They're all made in China.
  • Swisstrader98Swisstrader98 Members Posts: 3,559 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically, this thread came down to “they promised me a certain date for delivery and clubs didn’t arrive on time”. When i first read the post I thought it was some major issue with PXG quality and overall service but not even close.

No offense to the OP but I sometimes think WRX admins should screen threads like this and either ask OP to either provide more info or just shut the thread down. I know they can’t spend hours upon hours doing so but seems unfair to OEMs to have their names dragged around like this without any real justification.

I was a small business owner for some years and you would be amazed at how random negative reviews on Yelp or Reddit can hurt your business and about issues you have ZERO control over. My wife would go crazy over this and it caused us quite a bit of personal hardship from one or two individuals with a vendetta against the business but that’s the internet age we are in where one individual can wreak havoc with your business.

In the end, I hope the OP absolutely LOVES his irons which would be a nice ending to this story.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file