Ugliest Scotty

2»

Comments

• bdubs3316 wrote:

The Futuras are by far the ugliest. Not sure why anyone likes those things.

looks may not be the best...but it was the best rolling putter I think I've ever putted with. Never seemed to skip coming off the face...just straight to rolling.

Man you couldn't have hit it closer on the head! I vote for the Futura X6 on this one...beautiful roll but far from a pretty putter lol. I'm looking into it's prettier cousin...the 6M. image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • smeech8000smeech8000 Ev'ryday I'm Trufflin' Members Posts: 2,419 ✭✭
    FlyOver wrote:

rgiff096 wrote:

The detour is hideous.

I bought this detour for $88 and had it shipped to PJ Putters in the UK to have refinished and an copper insert made. He does as good or better job than BOS and I have had several putters refinished at BOS.

www.theputterroom.com

I love the addition of the dots to the cavity side of the insert - very nice!

Looks like you also had a sight line milled into the flange. I rather like that these mods offer the opportunity to have a NP2 head without a flange line as I believe nearly 99% of those production heads, regardless of the line, have one by default.
    Titleist 915D4 9.5*
    Titleist 909f3 15*
    Titleist 913h 19*
    Cally RAZR MB 4-PW
    Cally Forged 50/54/58
    Lajosi Sensor
  • dbdorsdbdors Houston, Clear Lake areaClubWRX Posts: 1,732 ClubWRX
    FlyOver wrote:

rgiff096 wrote:

The detour is hideous.

I bought this detour for $88 and had it shipped to PJ Putters in the UK to have refinished and an copper insert made. He does as good or better job than BOS and I have had several putters refinished at BOS.

www.theputterroom.com
    How did you do the holes on the back? It looks like an applied piece with hole punched. Did you make the insert or purchase from some one?

Woods: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 8*, Fujikura Ventus 6, stiff: TM M5, 13*, Diamana Thump 75, stiff
    Hybrids: TEE CBX 3H (20d), 4H (22d), Kuro Kage Silver Hybrid 80, stiff
    Irons: TM M6, 5-GW, Accra 80i, stiff
    Wedges: Cleveland CBX 54* (bent to 55*), 60*, Accra 80i, stiff
    Putter: Evnroll ER1.2 355g, 33", SS Counter Core Mid Slim 2.0
    Ball: Wilson Duo Professional in green & yellow
    Bag/Cart: '18 Ping Hoofer/Clicgear 3.5+
    Accessories: Garmin G8/Nikon Coolshot Pro Stabilized
  • jwhite86jwhite86 ClubWRX Posts: 428 ClubWRX
    I'm on the lookout for a cheap Detour now... the knock off button back looks incredible
    WITB
    Driver: TS3 9.5 - 757
    3 Wood: 915 F 16.5 - Blueboard
    Hybrids: 816 H1 21 & 25 - Blueboard
    Irons 6-PW: 765 - PX LZ
    Wedges: Engage 52, 56, 60
    Putter: Newport Mil-Spec

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1651462-jwhite86-witb/
  • FlyOverFlyOver Members Posts: 318 ✭✭
    dbdors wrote:

FlyOver wrote:

rgiff096 wrote:

The detour is hideous.

www.theputterroom.com
    How did you do the holes on the back? It looks like an applied piece with hole punched. Did you make the insert or purchase from some one?

I removed the ugly insert, shipped it to Peter over in the UK who runs PJ putters. He did the restore and putter insert. Has a really great feel and gaming it tomorrow.
    Taylormade M6 9.0 loft-GD AD IZ 7S shaft
    Taylormade M5 Rocket 3W-Tensei Orange X-stiff shaft
    Titleist 818 H2 Hybrid-Tensei Blue stiff 19*
    Honma TW 747v forged 4-10 irons-Modus 105 stiff shafts
    Titleist Vokey SM6 50* F Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 54* C Grind
    Mack Daddy 4 58* C Grind
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport modified center shaft putter
    Titleist yellow AVX ball or yellow ProV1X 
2»