ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

MEMBER REVIEWS: Golf Pride TOUR SNSR Contour Pro! Read What Members Are Saying!

2»

Comments

• balladmballadm Advanced Members Posts: 644 ✭✭
    Played with it today. I really enjoy the size and shape. I had 2 3 putts but my main miss (push) was gone. I think this grip will be staying in the bag for the foreseeable future.
  • StanksStanks Everything I post is confrontational Advanced Members Posts: 1,096 ✭✭
    edited March 2
    Introduction:

My hand size is a Cadet Small / Small Men depending on brand. I like the smaller sized grips. I have a history with both other Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour and Straight, as well on both mallet and blade style putters. It is safe to say, my grip of choice regardless mallet or blade putter is PP58 or SC Pistolini or SC Pistolero. Those are my ideal / favorited putter grips.

***For the regards of this review, I’ll put the 104CC Tour SNSR Contour Pro against my ideal gamer of the PP58***

Feel: Upper part of the grip is very rounded and nicely contoured. The angles on the bottom of the grip, where you would put lower preferred hand are not sharp, but they aren’t exactly rounded. The rubber is soft and tacky.

Feedback: The grip has a lot of rubber around it but, surprisingly, there is a good deal of feedback. It’s nowhere near as muffled as many of the Superstrokes but, it’s not as responsive as a traditional Pistolini / lero grip. I think this was the biggest surprise of all.

Size: 104CC version is basically a thicker version of a PP58. Little bit of different coloring / textures and softness in spots but, that’s how it feels to me. Very natural shape which I do prefer and think is ideal for a lot of golfers out there. The weight of the grip is about 90 Grams whereas my preferred grip normally weighs around 56ish grams. This can change the feel of the head being heavier or lighter compared to your previous grip which, in turn will promote a little adjustment in timing and might make you add weight to the head.

Use / Grip Style: Regardless of your putting style of conventional, reverse handed, prayer, “pencil holder”, claw, whatever, it seems like a good grip to use this on. There is taper which will accommodate your setup.

Finish / Superficial Notes: The grip is quality. Golf Pride makes quality. My only qualms lie with the colors. I have never been a fan of Grey nor the finish of the Red or Blue in the other SNSR models. They don’t look appealing in my personal opinion but, this is again, all nit picky. Make this in a solid black, take away the yellow / neon and I think you'd have a little more sales.

On Course: No problems adjusting to the grip for me. Scoring didn’t seem to change. The grip maintained it’s tack quite well though a few rounds of 9. No wear was shown and quality stayed. Obviously, as time goes on, a grip will break down and really transition into a more comfortably worn tool.

Overall: I am a fan. The grip really is like a larger PP58 which, I do enjoy. I would recommend it for Mallet / larger headed putters as it might make a blade putter feel too light (Tour SNSR Contour 104CC on my Newport 2 was a horrible experiment). This grip is an excellent alternative to the larger style grips you see out there. It’s very comfortable and complete quality.

Retail: $27 - $30 I believe which isn't bad.

Overall: 4/5

Postives:

-Feel

-Quality

-Base design is very familiar feeling to slightly inflated traditional pistol styled grips

-Tack level / stickiness stayed

-Ability of use with multiple style grip holds

Negatives:

-Colors just aren’t that appealing

-Very few pros that you know use this model or other SNSR models

-The grip might change your swing weight

• RobYakesRobYakes So I got that goin' for me, which is nice. Advanced Members Posts: 316
    edited March 3
    Want to thank Golf Pride and GolfWRX for the opportunity to test and review. Was out of town this past week and didn't get the chance to grab the mail and the grip until this weekend...

Background: I'm a 3-5 HDCP golfer with putting being one of the worst parts of my game. I've gone from blades to mallets and back again, and all kinds of grips. I also have small hands (glove size is Medium or Med/Small).

Grips I've also gamed over the years:

Pingman PP58 Standard

SuperStroke Slim 3.0

SuperStroke GT 1.0

Lamkin Crossline

Lamkin Deep Etched Midsize

Winn Pro X 1.32"

Best Grips Major Leaguer Leather Paddle

Best Grips Rancher Leather Paddle

Golf Pride Tour SNSR Straight 104cc

I originally was a big fan of paddle and no-taper grips because I have an odd putting grip (both index fingers straight down the sides of the grip), and I felt like the no taper/paddle grips made me less handsy and less prone to rotating my hands thru the putt to alter the face. However, I've noticed over the past year or so that the larger grips and the paddle grips both accentuate my common miss (a push left, I'm a southpaw). With my small arc stroke, pistol grips are showing that they're helping.

I'm also not a big fan of heavy grips as I feel like I lose some feeling, especially with lighter putters (context: I play primarily public and muni courses, so I'm used to slower greens which is why I like heavier putters. I also tend to get really wristy when I'm not putting well so I feel like heavier putters help there too). I originally had the Golf Pride Tour SNSR Straight 104cc on my Cleveland HB1, replacing the stock Winn Pro X 1.32" which I thought was too big. The problem I encountered with the SNSR Straight was that the HB1 was already light for my liking (345g, I'm a fan of 350g+) and I felt like I had trouble making a consistent stroke with the 90g/104cc Tour SNSR Straight.

Current gamers (depending on the day):

Spider Tour Red 34" / Winn Medalist Pistol

Cleveland Huntington Beach 1 35" / Pingman PP58 Standard

Bettinardi 2014 BB1 34" / Bettinardi Midsize Pistol (Lamkin)

Bettinardi 2016 BB1 34" / Golf Pride Tour SNSR Countour Pro 104cc

REVIEW: So I had a chance to roll some putts at home the last few days (living in DC so it's going to be a few weeks before I get back out on the course...thanks winter). I put the 104cc on my 350g Betti and I'm liking it so far. Not as soft/squishy as the original Tour SNSRs, which I'm happy about, but still has some give. As I mentioned earlier, I'm not the biggest fan of +60g grips, but with the heavier Betti head I feel like this combo could work. Felt like I wasn't having to manipulate the face with my hands and my stroke wasn't getting wristy. My putting green at home is only about 8 feet long, but of the 70-80 putts I rolled, my only few misses were right (pull for me) which I'm completely okay with. In terms of size, the 104cc is about at the maximum end of the spectrum in terms of grips I would game (no longer a bigger grip fan). The quality of Golf Pride grips are always top notch. But I have never been a fan of all of the SNSRs color schemes (particularly the yellow accents and end cap). At least the grey/black is more subtle than the originals and goes well with my silver shafted Betti. Can't wait to take it on the course. Will update review once I get out a play with it...

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M4 9.5* [/font]Speeder Evo II 661X [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]// M4 15* [/font]HZRDUS Black 6.5 [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]// [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]M4 18* [/font]HZRDUS Red 6.5 [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]// [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]JPX900 4-PW [/font]Modus 105S [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]// [/font]MP-T5 50* & 54* [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]AMT 2.0W [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]// [/font]HI-TOE 58* [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]AMT 2.0W [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]// [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Spider Tour Red[/font]
  • snafu34snafu34 Advanced Members Posts: 567 ✭✭
    I have been a SNSR Contour user for two seasons. I like the feel of a pistol grip and my hand grip requires a fair size flat spot on the top of the grip. The SNSR fit both of these parameters not to mention the great soft feel of the SNSR compound. Like many others, I was not to keen on the color scheme Golf Pride offered. When I saw the new Grey Pro model I knew I had to give it a go. I was lucky enough to have been drawn a winner of the new SNRS Pro. My anxiously awaited SNSR grip arrived late last week and despite the rainy weekend I was able to remove the Contour from my Ping Redwood and slip on the SNSR Pro. The Pro has the same great feel of the Contour with a few tweaks. The Pro has less of a pistol butt end, has a fuller mid section and more taper in the bottom 1/3 of the grip. In use, my first impression was that the top end of these grips are very similar and I did not miss the smaller pistol section of the Pro. My hands really liked the fuller feeling of the mid section of the grip. The bottom 1/3 reduced tapper was not noticeable at all to me. I think I see another SNRS Pro in my future ! If you have not tried one of the SNRS grips due to the previous colors offered now is your time. Thanks for the opportunity WRX and Golf Pride. For comparisons to other grips I have listed measurements at 2" intervals

Butt Contour 1.10"W 1.37D Pro 1.10W 1.27D

2" Contour 1.03W 1.10D Pro 1.03 W 1.13D

4" Contour 1.00W .97D Pro 1.00W 1.11D

6" Contour 1.00W .94D Pro .97W 1.08D

8" Contour .96W .87D Pro .89W .97D

9.5" Contour .88W .80D Pro .78W .80D
  • Kylekoz17Kylekoz17 Advanced Members Posts: 2,174
    The more I mess around and use the grip the more I am liking it. The feedback is much better than the superstroke for me. I’ve pretty much forgotten about it feelin really soft already. The last thing for me is getting used to the heavier club weight and it being tapered, which are important so I’m still unsure if it stays. It is definitely getting better the more I get used to it
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5 - Kuro Kage DC TX 60
    TI Taylormade ’16 M2 DF 16.5 - Attas 6star 7X
    '17 Taylormade M1 hybrid - Kuro Kage 80X
    Titleist 716 TMB 3-5 iron AMT X100
    Titleist 718 AP2 6-pw AMT X100
    Custom Oven grind Nike Engage 50 sq, 56 toe sweep
    Custom 1/1 Rory Oven proto 006, Oven Method Matter B2/01
  • robrey85robrey85 Gamblers Bonus Advanced Members Posts: 2,126
    Was looking to replace my SC medium Matador on my 34” SC 6M with something slightly heavier to decrease the effective swingweight just a touch when i came across the SNSR Contour Pro. Being intrigued and curious, I ordered one of these last night. My main question is, how does this grip feel for those who putt cross handed left hand low? My occasional miss with the Matador is a slight pull so I am hoping with the chunker mid section, it will help alleviate that.
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • balladmballadm Advanced Members Posts: 644 ✭✭
    I used it both ways and it the same, soft but firm underneath. I liked it more than the smaller pingman grips for left hand low. The SNSR has more area for your hand on the lowside than the others. I don't think you will be disappointed.
  • gprubesgprubes twit: @shaeggy Advanced Members Posts: 810 ✭✭
    About half way done with my review, and I am loving it so far. Wish i could get on a real green, but all this snow really isn't helping matters. Going to get another session or 2 in before I finalize.
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Ping G400 9* - Ping Alta CB S[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Epic SZ 15* - Aldila Rogue Max 75s[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]TM Raylor 16* - Aldila HM40[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]TM Jetspeed 19* Hybrid - Matrix hM3 X[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]TM P790 4-PW - KBS C-Taper 120 S[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist Vokey SM5 52.12F & 58.11[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Odyssey O-Works Black 1 Wide S w/Tour SNSR Contour Pro[/font]
    [font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis - Green & White or Red, White & Blue[/font]
  • oldhamer25oldhamer25 Advanced Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭
    robrey85 wrote:

Was looking to replace my SC medium Matador on my 34” SC 6M with something slightly heavier to decrease the effective swingweight just a touch when i came across the SNSR Contour Pro. Being intrigued and curious, I ordered one of these last night. My main question is, how does this grip feel for those who putt cross handed left hand low? My occasional miss with the Matador is a slight pull so I am hoping with the chunker mid section, it will help alleviate that.

I putt cross handed with left hand low and I have really liked the feel of the SNSR contour pro. I have been testing against a super stroke pistol gtr 1.0 and an iomic absolute grip. The SNSR is tapered which I like over the non tapered gtr 1.0. Against the iomic it has more area to it for the lower hand so I don't seem to get the sense of my lower hand taking over the stroke. I notice when I pull a putt it is when my lower hand takes over or gets stronger. Unfortunately I have not been able to putt anywhere other than in the house. I do think you will like this grip based on what you described you were looking for.
    917 D3 8.5 Xphlexx Agera Orange RF Proto
    SLDR Mini 12 Evo Speeder TS 757x
    SLDR Mini 15.8 Rogue Black 110 80TX
    716 T-MB 3 PX 6.0
    Srixon 765 4-6 PX LZ 6.0
    Srixon 965 7-PW PX LZ 6.0
    Mizuno T7 50 PX LZ 6.0
    Vokey TVD 54V & 58V
    Bettinardi Studio Stock 14
  • robrey85robrey85 Gamblers Bonus Advanced Members Posts: 2,126
    oldhamer25 wrote:

robrey85 wrote:

I putt cross handed with left hand low and I have really liked the feel of the SNSR contour pro. I have been testing against a super stroke pistol gtr 1.0 and an iomic absolute grip. The SNSR is tapered which I like over the non tapered gtr 1.0. Against the iomic it has more area to it for the lower hand so I don't seem to get the sense of my lower hand taking over the stroke. I notice when I pull a putt it is when my lower hand takes over or gets stronger. Unfortunately I have not been able to putt anywhere other than in the house. I do think you will like this grip based on what you described you were looking for.

Sweet. Tempted to just go buy one at Golf Galaxy so I can have it for my round this weekend, lol. Either way, I’ll post up my own review when I get a round or two under my belt with it.
    wrx_sig.png?dl=0
  • Svang5Svang5 Advanced Members Posts: 586 ✭✭
    Finally got to take the 104cc Contour Snsr golf pride putter grip for a real test. 36 holes yesterday!

Been raining in Northern California so got 2 rounds in.

First of all, the grip feels similar to the previous generation. Soft and pretty dry for misty conditions. It holds up.

Feels a little thicker at the paddle, almost us like a hammer grip. If you like the Cameron Pistolero....this is the same shape and better in my opinion.

Made a couple birdies with it. I usually play a super stroke GTR 1.0 so this is totally a different type of grip.

Overall, I think golf pride satisfied the customer based "hammer" putting grip group of golfers.

Pros: plays well in wet conditions, hammer like handle, soft for feel and touch for those 1 footers

Cons: a little soft to my liking, flatter front paddle would be nice.

Thanks Golfwrx and Golfpirde!
  • mspeedpikamspeedpika Advanced Members Posts: 1,055 ✭✭
    Played with the 104cc today. I installed on a Odyssey tri hot 1. A smaller mallet. I agree very similar to the pistolero. A true pistol style grip with a soft feel, but material seems like it will hold up pretty well. After using a variety of superstroke grips over the past few years it was quite a big difference. The feel compared to a ss ultraslim 1.0 (similar size) is night and day to me. Feedback improved and not as muted. If they could offer more colorways, these would be much more popular. Pics to follow.
  • zp13zp13 Advanced Members Posts: 414
    Thank you GolfWRX and GolfPride for this opportunity. Finally got to get a round in using this grip down at Seabrook golf club. I was previously using a SuperStroke 1.0 Flasto (which I had on for about a year or so). While I enjoyed the shape of the Flatso, it seeed to get dirty quickly and lose its tackiness. I opted for the 104cc as I don’t like a huge grip.

I was excited to put this grip on my gamer as I love the shape of how the grip cradles in to your hands. The flat that is on the top of the grip also provides a perfect surface for comfortably placing your thumbs in proper alignment. The feature that I enjoyed most about this grip is the texture and softness/density of the rubber itself. It is slightly squishy and seems to mold into your hands. It’s also like a super dense memory foam.

Because of the contrast in density from my previous grip, I expected that there would be a bit of a learning curve with this grip. After rolling a few on the practice green I was immediately comfortable and confident with the SNSR grip.

I was able quickly get a feel for distance control and loved the feedback that the grip provides. The flat on the top surface gave me instant confidence on quickly alignment to the target and squares up easily. My first round of putting this grip was great and I feel like it will be in my bag for quite a while. Looking forward to get more rounds in with this as we get into warmer weather. Please let me know if you have any questions that I can answer.
    Driver: Cobra Fly-Z+ 9.5* with Aldila RIP alpha 70x 44.5"
    3 wood: Ping G20 15* with Motore F3 x-stiff
    Hybrid: Titleist 910H 21* with Aldila RIP alpha 100x
    4-PW: Titleist AP2 710 with DG x100
    GW: Titleist SM5 RAW 52* with DG x100
    SW: Titleist SM5 RAW 56* with DG s400
    LW: Titleist SM4 60* with DG s400
    Putter: Low Tide Fin
2»