best shorts under $50????

124»

Comments

• bellkenbellken Members Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mcc0819 said:

@bellken said:

@eyeeye said:
    Wow. Nobody mentioned Uniqlo yet?? Uniqlo Kando shorts are really good. I'm slim and 5'8" and they fit very well.
    $30 but goes on sale quite often.

On sale, now, for $15. Uniqlo Kando shorts sizing doesn't work for everyone - small, medium, large, xl. If you aren't familar with their sizing, they do have a size chart, which has the garment measurements.

Do you find that the Uniqlo shorts run true to size or smaller?

They seem to fairly true to size, I wear a size M, and, I have a 32 inch waist. The size M is listed for 30-33 waist.

• eyeeyeeyeeye Members Posts: 72 ✭✭
    edited Jul 10, 2019 9:12pm #93

@bellken said:

@mcc0819 said:

@bellken said:

@eyeeye said:
    Wow. Nobody mentioned Uniqlo yet?? Uniqlo Kando shorts are really good. I'm slim and 5'8" and they fit very well.

On sale, now, for $15. Uniqlo Kando shorts sizing doesn't work for everyone - small, medium, large, xl. If you aren't familar with their sizing, they do have a size chart, which has the garment measurements.

They seem to fairly true to size, I wear a size M, and, I have a 32 inch waist. The size M is listed for 30-33 waist.

Oh wow. They used to come in 30, 32, 34, .. I guess they changed their sizing now.
    The Kando shorts are a bit shorter and a bit tighter in the butt than J Crew or Bonobos.

• brianmontgomery2000brianmontgomery2000 Dayton, OhioMembers Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭✭

Macy's seems to have perpetual sales going on every weekend with shorts from $18 - $30 as the sale price.

Ping G400 Max, 9.5, Tour 65 S
    Cobra AMP Cell 3+ (13)
    Taylormade RBZ 3HL (17)
    Wishon 775HS 3Hyb (21) - Modus 120X
    Mizuno JPX 919 Forged (5-G) - Modus 120X
    Mizuno S18 - 56 & 60 - Modus 120X
    Odyssey Sabertooth

• KonkliferKonklifer Thinkin' of a master plan... Members Posts: 7,928 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Another vote for the Haggar Cool 18. Fit great, not too long, and with a Kohl's 30% off, they're a bargain.

PING G400 Max 10°
    PING G400 16.5°
    PING G400 hybrid 19°
    PING i25 hybrid 22°
    Callaway XHP 5-AW
    PING Glide 2.0 Stealth, 54° SS, 58° ES
    Kevin Burns 9306
    Snell MTB Red Optic Yellow
  • tocinotocino Members Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@bellken said:

@mcc0819 said:

@bellken said:

@eyeeye said:

I normally wear a 33 waist in their pants but found that the L shorts fit me better

• EVandyEVandy Members Posts: 390 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried the Amazon essentials golf short?

Titleist 917 D3 8.5*
    Titleist 915 F 16.5*
    Titleist 818 H2 19*
    Titleist 718 CB 4-P
    Vokey SM6 Raw 52*, 56*, 60*
    TP Mills Handmade Softtail
  • work_truckwork_truck Members Posts: 1

Just signed up here, but wanted to say that I went looking at JCrew because of this thread and the Tech shorts are only $20 right now

• mcc0819mcc0819 Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭

@work_truck said:
    Just signed up here, but wanted to say that I went looking at JCrew because of this thread and the Tech shorts are only $20 right now

NICE! Just bought two pairs

Ping G400 LST AD-DI 7x
    Callaway Rogue 3w HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
    Taylormade m1 3 hybrid Veylix Rome 988 Wildeye
    Srixon Z765 4-pw Nippon Modus 120x
    Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey O-Works 1w

• AG12AG12 Members Posts: 1,153 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If any of you guys have a Volcom outlet store near you they are doing a 2 for $60 for their hybrid shorts. Really light comfortable shorts for golf

https://www.volcom.com/products/frickin-snt-static-2-black-out?variant=18972166062138

Titleist TS2 9.5* Tensei Pro White 60S
    Titleist TS2 15* Tensei Pro White 70S
    Titleist TS3 21* Atmos HB Tour Spec Blue 8S
    Callaway Apex '19 5-AW Nippon Modus3 105
    Titleist SM7 50.12F/54.10S DG S200
    TaylorMade Hi-Toe 58*/ATV KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 
    TaylorMade Spider X Navy 
    Titleist ProV1x #27
    WITB
  • jamstar35jamstar35 Sacramento, CAMembers Posts: 1

@EVandy said:

I have 3 pair. I am a bigger guy (40 waist) but they are very comfortable and stop at my knee. I am 6'2 and normally wear a 30 length pant.

• Exwinger20Exwinger20 Members Posts: 36 ✭✭

Kohl’s has Fila golf shorts that’s are 18$ and they’re great. They fit well for a guy about the same size as you (me) and look pretty good, at a great price.

• icec0ldicec0ld Members Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

i have the tech shorts from both j crew and the j crew factory side. they're the same material. same quality of construction. the only difference is the factory tech shorts have 1 pocket (right side) and is a button up but the regular j crew is 2 pockets and zipper. i actually prefer the factory tech shorts.

• JRS1939JRS1939 Members Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hurley Dri-Fit Cutback when they go on sale! They're absolutely amazing.

• mcc0819mcc0819 Members Posts: 651 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone notice the Jcrew Tech shorts have inconsistent sizing? I have two pairs in a 35 waist and one pair in a 36. One of my 35s fit a full size bigger than the 36. The 36 fits exactly like my other pair that's a 35. Hope that makes sense lol At this point i'm nitpicking because aside from the sizing, I've been nothing been satisfied with the shorts.

Ping G400 LST AD-DI 7x
    Callaway Rogue 3w HZRDUS Yellow 76 6.5
    Taylormade m1 3 hybrid Veylix Rome 988 Wildeye
    Srixon Z765 4-pw Nippon Modus 120x
    Ping Glide 2.0 50, 54, 58
    Odyssey O-Works 1w

• hwturner17hwturner17 Members Posts: 394 ✭✭✭✭

I have been killing it on Ebay buying Peter Millar shorts and footjoy shirts at steep discounts. Shirts on average have cost me around $20, sometimes less. Pants (new) are averaging around $25-30. You can get super steep discounts on shirts if you are ok with a logo, but there are so many without logos that can be had for cheap. Highly recommend

Driver: Ping G410 Plus
    FW: Ping Anser 4 wood
    Irons: Ping i210 4-U
    Wedges: 54/58 Raw Hi-Toes
    Putter: Odyssey #7

Ball: revolving door
  • Jason mJason m Members Posts: 278 ✭✭✭✭

@hwturner17 said:
    I have been killing it on Ebay buying Peter Millar shorts and footjoy shirts at steep discounts. Shirts on average have cost me around $20, sometimes less. Pants (new) are averaging around $25-30. You can get super steep discounts on shirts if you are ok with a logo, but there are so many without logos that can be had for cheap. Highly recommend

Any go to stores that have footjoy shirts regularly for cheap? Been wanting to try some new shirts. I have always been nike,callaway.

• MychMych Members Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Jul 23, 2019 9:23pm #108

I posted this in a different thread...
    I've had surprisingly good results with Wrangler performance shorts from Walmart. I wasn't expecting much, but they are super cheap ($17) comfortable, dry quickly, and lightweight but durable. I've bought about 5 different colors over the last 2 years. They have become my go-to hot/humid golf shorts. They may be a bit longer than what you want though, they're knee high for me.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Men-s-Outdoor-Performance-Side-Elastic-Utility-Short/546397560

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
    Main bag: Cobra Fly-Z 9.5~ F6 Baffler 16 ~ Baffler 2h ~ Forged Tec One 3i ~ King Forged One 4-P ~ King 50-V, 56-V wedges ~ Ping Tatum putter
    6 club minimalist: Cobra Forged Tec One 3i ~ Forged One 5/7/9 ~ Cleveland 588 Diadic 53* wedge ~ Ping Tatum putter ~ Silo Club Carrier
  • korey_chomkorey_chom Members Posts: 16 ✭✭

@EVandy said:

I have a few pairs, they're nice shorts but not quite as light and breathable as the Adidas. But the fit to me are on point, I usually wear a 34" and the length on the Amazon shorts were much better than the Adidas. You can't beat that $20 price point either.

TaylorMade M5 10.5* w/ GD Tour AD-BB6x
    TaylorMade M6 Rocket 14* w/ GD Tour AD-DI7x
    TaylorMade GAPR Lo 17* w/ Tensei Pro White 90TX
    Srixon Z765 (3-PW) w/ KBS Tour V X
    Cleveland RTX3 (51* & 56*) w/ DG TI X100
    Odyssey Stroke Lab #7S
    TaylorMade Spider Tour
    TaylorMade TP5
  • tte720tte720 Members Posts: 8 ✭✭

@groach said:
    These are the shorts. I have them in blue, light gray, and charcoal. Love em.
    https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=379661022&cid=1118378&pcid=1053133

These old navy pants are the best ones I’ve tried. Bought a couple pairs initially and now have 6 pairs which I got during the 40% off deals. They are better than the amazon essentials (not breathable) and the Uniqlo (a little too tight)

The old navy come down to my knee and are fairly loose in the leg but very comfortable and breathable. They compare very favorably to an old adidas climacool pair I have.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file