***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION***IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT***ATTENTION

Last year, in an effort to improve the capability of our forums, we switched to new software. We expected tremendous scalability and rapid customization that would significantly improve each Member's experience across multiple devices and integrate flawlessly with social media platforms.

Unfortunately, after a significant capital expense, we have decided that the length of time and the additional cost to reach our goals make this enterprise untenable.

Thus, we have made the difficult decision to transition the forums to our original software platform. We’re excited that, in the nearly two years since we began the process of our most recent switch, our original platform has been upgraded significantly, and we are confident that the reversion will not only provide the stability that we desperately needed prior to our last move but will also return to the Membership the high level of customization that made our online community so great. We have also added technical resources to the GolfWRX staff that will allow us to build custom modules and modifications that we are confident will take the forums to the next level.

We remain the world's largest online golf community, and we still hold true to our core values and mission statement as written in 2005. Bearing both of those elements in mind, being the best and offering our Members a platform that is world-class are both requirements, not options, and it is that spirit that has motivated this decision.

So, please pardon our mess over the next five days or so while we transition the forums.

A few important notes: Current content will be accessible during that time, but the forums will be READ ONLY, and you will not be able to start new threads or reply to posts. Personal Messaging is enabled but PMs sent/received from the time the board was frozen will not carry over. We know this is inconvenient, and we apologize, and we greatly appreciate GolfWRXers bearing with us through the transition.

We are very excited about starting this next chapter for GolfWRX and getting back to the high-quality Member experience we all expect as soon as possible.

Bogey-free round!

Moonlightgrm ·  
MoonlightgrmMoonlightgrm MassachusettsMembers  1079WRX Points: 223Handicap: 2 (index = 2.3)Posts: 1,079 Platinum Tees

It’s been a few years since my last bogey free round but I had a bogey free round this morning. Playing in my usual foursome I had 2-birdies and 16-pars. The round included two sand saves. Sometimes this game can make you smile ALL DAY!

Posted:

Comments

• ClevelandKyleClevelandKyle Members  34WRX Points: 43Posts: 34 Bunkers

Not bad bud! I wish I could shoot a 70! lol I just crapped all over my favorite course yesterday with a 100. :(

Posted:

Taylormade M3 10.5, Mitsubishi Tensei Red 50
    Taylormade M3 3H, Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 70
    Taylormade Fairway Rescue 3 & 5 Wood
    Callaway X20 Tour Irons, Project X Flighted Steel (TTIP) 5.0
    Cleveland TA5 Irons, True Tempered Dynamic Gold Steel
    Ben Hogan 5610 SW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 60 deg Wedge
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 52 deg Wedge
    Odyssey White Hot 2-Ball
    Bridgestone Tour B XS

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • StrömsborgStrömsborg StockholmMembers  597WRX Points: 170Handicap: 2.8Posts: 597 Golden Tee

I did it once. A bit of luck is required. Had the usual midround dip and sank a 30-footer on 10 and two 10-footers on 11 and 12 that didn't deserve to go in. I was half way to the hole to tap them in when they unexpectedly fell. Other than that, smooth sailing.

Posted:
    Hey chopper, what are you hitting there?

Titleist 910 8.5°
    TM SLDR S 17°
    Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21° and 24°
    Titleist AP2 710 5-pw
    Wilson FG Tour PMP 52, 56, 60­°
    Rife 460 Tour Blade

After how long does being "out of form" turn into "a bad golfer"?
  • Spooky67Spooky67 Members  1390WRX Points: 150Posts: 1,390 Platinum Tees

Congrats!! #lifegoals

Posted:
  • ChomperChomper ClubWRX  1112WRX Points: 103Posts: 1,112 Platinum Tees

I had only pars and doubles +, shot 84 or 85.

Posted:
  • BoardingGolferBoardingGolfer Members  1WRX Points: 13Posts: 1 Starters

Came so close the other day only had 1. Problem was I shot a 93😬

Posted:

Advertisement
  • fly47fly47 Members  112WRX Points: 65Posts: 112 Fairways

I have plenty of bogey free rounds lately. A few pars, doubles, triples and quads.

Posted:
  • stormbringerstormbringer Stormbringer UtahMembers  94WRX Points: 86Handicap: 2.9Posts: 94 Fairways

Never had one. Have shot under par dozens of times. I have had a chance for the bogey free three times in the last month. I do have a round with no 5's on the card.

Posted:
    Driver Ping G410 Plus 9 Project X Evenflow Black 75 6.0
    3 Wood Ping Rapture 13.5 Ping TFC 949 Stiff
    5 Wood Ping G410 SFT 18 Fujikura Atmos Tour Black 7S
    Hybrid Ping G410 22 Ping Tour 85 Stiff 
    Irons Ping G10 4-PW Ping AWT Stiff
    Wedges Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth SS 52/12 AWT Wedge, Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth ES 58/08 AWT Wedge
    Bobby Grace A** Kicker Putter 37" SS Plus XL Counter Balanced
    Ball  Bridgestone B330 or Titleist ProV1
  • caniac6caniac6 Members  3657WRX Points: 1,314Handicap: 4Posts: 3,657 Titanium Tees

I think I've only had one. One birdie, and 17 pars.

Posted:
  • cpeckcpeck North new jerseyMembers  651WRX Points: 303Handicap: leftyPosts: 651 Golden Tee

woops somehow commented while i was trying to delete all the drafts i had saved some how. sorry for the bump.

Posted:
  • admorkadmork Orlando, FlMembers  83WRX Points: 114Handicap: +2Posts: 83 Fairways

One of my last Tour event, back in the days, I shot 69-72. The second round I had a bogey and birdie free round 🤣: 18 pars, with 18 GIR to miss the cut by 1...

Posted:

Advertisement
  • Ski5280Ski5280 Denver, COMembers  81WRX Points: 39Posts: 81 Fairways

Nice work! I’ve never been able to get that done. Hopefully one day it will happen.

Posted:
  • dmecca2dmecca2 Scranton, PAMembers  384WRX Points: 338Handicap: +3Posts: 384 Greens

I have 4 in my life. 2 came during practice sessions, 1 during a club league, but my first came during my final round of college golf at conference championships. Went out with a bang. Bogey free rounds are an amazing feeling, congrats!!

Posted:
  • DpavsDpavs OverWRX'ed MichiganClubWRX  4037WRX Points: 701Posts: 4,037 ClubWRX

On -, @fly47 said:

I have plenty of bogey free rounds lately. A few pars, doubles, triples and quads.

lol, I was going to say something similar. Being Bogey free is easy!
    All kidding aside though, Congrats on the round OP!

Posted:
  • DMAICDMAIC Members  82WRX Points: 20Posts: 82 Fairways

Congrats

On -, @Moonlightgrm closest I've ever come is a bogey free front nine. Doubled #10 and it was downhill from there.
    Posted:
  • caeye0710caeye0710 Members  166WRX Points: 81Handicap: 2.6Posts: 166 Fairways

Man, that's awesome. I've only ever had one legit shot at a bogey free round. I was 5 under going in to 18 (Par 72, course rating 68.1). Hit a decent drive, wedge came up short (gnarly lie in the rough and couldn't get a club on it), chipped to 4 feet and missed the putt. Most disappointing 68 I ever shot. Also was my first time ever breaking 70. This was probably 8 or 9 years ago. Haven't broken 70 in two seasons and definitely haven't had a bogey free round lol.

Congrats OP. Know I'm late to the game but wanted to share my story.

Posted:
    TS2 10.5 - Tour AD GP 7x
    Cally Epic Flash 18* - Rombax P95 X
    Cally Apex Pro '19 - Tour Elevate 105
    Scotty SM8 50, 54, 58, 62
    Odyssey Stroke Lab 1 33"

Advertisement
  • kozubskozubs Members  333WRX Points: 120Handicap: 5Posts: 333 Greens

Crap that's funny. I have to admit that it took me a second to get it.

Posted:
  • RJ_MJ_JJRJ_MJ_JJ Members  118WRX Points: 97Handicap: between my earsPosts: 118 Fairways

This is a huge milestone for me! Best I've done is a stretch of the last 13 holes. I was +3 through 5...then finished with 12 pars and a birdie. The first 5 were UGLY though... congrats OP!

Posted:

WHS Index: ~2
    -WITB-
    Cobra F7+ 8* w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5-75g - tipped 1"
    Ping G410 Crossover 2i w/ DG SL105 X
    Ping i210 Irons 3-P w/ KBS C Taper 125 S+, hard step +1, blue dot
    Cleveland RTX4; 50-mid, 54-mid, 58-mid w/ DG S400
    Ping Sigma G KUSHIN w/ lots of lead tape
    Bridgestone Tour B X
    Winn Dri Tac - MIDSIZE

• dpb5031dpb5031 Jupiter, FLMembers  5881WRX Points: 1,452Posts: 5,881 Titanium Tees

Congrats! 25 years playing and I never had one til this year at age 51. Happened in the spring, then the floodgates opened and had 3 more over the summer. The best was an 18 GIR 66 that could've been even better as I missed 3 or 4 putts in the 8-12 foot range for birdie.

Posted:
    USGA Index: ~0

WITB:
    Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
    Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
    Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • LeoLeo99LeoLeo99 Members  5173WRX Points: 920Posts: 5,173 Titanium Tees

I squeezed in 9 holes yesterday morning and had 3 birdies, 5 pars, and a 13.

Bogey free round is some great golf. Congrats!

Posted:
  • bogiiibogiii Members  79WRX Points: 24Posts: 79 Fairways

I wish I could say I was close to having a bogey free round !

Posted:

Advertisement
  • DavidDJrDavidDJr Members  24WRX Points: 36Handicap: 8Posts: 24 Bunkers

Congrats!!! I need to find a round where I don't make a double bogey ;)

Posted:
  • zwiggyzzwiggyz Members  87WRX Points: 36Handicap: 3.7Posts: 87 Fairways

How do you only think this happened? This would be a pretty cool moment to remember I assume.

Posted:

Driver: TM M5 w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3W: Callaway Epic Flash SZ w/ TourAD FW7 S

DI: Srixon ZU85 21 degree w/ Oban Revenge 85HBX

4-pw: Miura CB Forged y-grind w/ Nippon Modus Tour 120X / Srixon 785 w/ Nippon Modus Tour 120X

50/55: TM Milled Grind 2 w/ KBS 610 Wedge S+

59: Titlest SM8 Raw w/ KBS 610 Wedge S+

Putter Rotation: Toulon Las Vegas

• caniac6caniac6 Members  3657WRX Points: 1,314Handicap: 4Posts: 3,657 Titanium Tees

I wish I knew! It was cool! A guy I was playing with remined me on #18 tee that I only needed a par to break par. 18 is a par 5, but I teed off with a 3 wood just to be safe. I think it was the only time I was ever nervous on a golf course.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.