Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

J. Speith__full swing yips

1235»

Comments

• KevinnzKevinnz Members Posts: 304 ✭✭✭✭

Was watching a video of gg swing tips im surprised that GG pointed out back in 2017 that Jordan needs to stop pulling down his grip during transition. GG literally said that jordan has tried all sorts of changes to his swing but what he really needs to do is to stop pulling on the grip. Hope his message will get to jordan eventually

• juliette91juliette91 Members Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for all your posts on this subject. Realize my insistence that I know a lot about the yips has teed off a number of you and my use of disrespect has only inflamed the discussion. Have to take that one back. Everyone posting feels something strongly about the game or the player or the process and that makes for a lively discussion.

• scoresscores scores Members Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Two way miss block / hook is the same swing path !! Why either you flip or you do t !!left flip push right no flip - usually with me I fan open on the take away with a two way miss !!

Driver M1
    3W M1
    Irons Mizunos 64's 3 -pw
    Putter Spider
    58 Titleist
    52 Titeist
    Hybrid 2I Adams

Ball Taylor TP
  • WidespreadPanicWidespreadPanic Wizard in the Corner Members Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Nard_S said:
    Explains his good finish this week. Explains why he was No. 1 for a time too. The excellence of his wedge & putter game masked the mediocrity of the rest. His temperament is not of help imo, he's too intense, works when he's 25% from 25 feet but back fires when things are a sputter. I like him, really don't think much of his swing though. His short game is world class, so he'll win again but doubt he's the dominant force he once was.

This is outrageous. His approach game was incredible during his 2015 run.

Taylormade M2 ('17) 10.5*
    Cobra F7 15.5*
    Taylormade M1 ('17) 19*
    Mizuno MP18 Fli Hi 4i
    Mizuno MP18 SC 5-PW
    Cleveland RTX 588 2.0 52**, 56**, 60**
    Taylormade TP Red Ardmore 3
    Taylormade TPx
  • mocokidmocokid Members Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@mjen43 said:
    He doesn't have anything remotely resembling the driving yips. Stephen Bowditch has the driving yips, Spieth is just below average. If he had the driving yips he wouldn't make a cut.

He should try GG's method, hold the club up over your head.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file