GIVEAWAY: Odyssey Stroke Lab Rossie Putter - ENTER HERE, Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE

MEMBER REVIEWS: ALDILA ROGUE White 130 M.S.I. Testing Thread! Read member reviews here!

Comments

• JJgolfwrxJJgolfwrx Members  50WRX Points: 30Posts: 50 Bunkers

I seen some comments on the profile of the Aldila Rogue White. So I think its important to know that the Stock and TX are Different Profiles. If you want to test the shafts, compare the Aldila Rogue White (non-tx) to Aldila Tour Blue in the same flex. With the TX compare it to Aldila Tour Green TX profile. Hopefully this is helpful to anyone who was curious.

Posted:
    Post edited by JJgolfwrx on
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • GL3GL3 NHClubWRX  149WRX Points: 36Handicap: 8.4Posts: 149 ClubWRX

Great stuff all around.  I've got a white 70X I'm planning on putting in my 3 wood and possibly a 60X for my driver.  I see they make an 80 as well.  Anyone swung that log?   Anyone put the white (non TX) up against the BF?

Looking for some additional clarification on tip to graphics measurement.  One post says 24 1/8 to flex is untipped and another says 27 to E.  These contradict each other yet mention reputable sources.  27 to E would be 24 5/8 to the flex.  Following both of these one says my 70X is tipped an inch and the other says it tipped .5.  I was planning on taking another .5 off the tip but am a little skeptical if that's going to leave it tipped 1.5.  Any info would help! 

Grant

Posted:

♦️♦️♦️10.5 Tour AD XC 70TX -2

U85 18* MMT 105TX

Yonex CB301 4-PW 120 X100

SM7 50, 54 & 58

Toulon Madison

• mBiden2mBiden2 #15 and counting..... Atlanta, GAMembers  1122WRX Points: 281Handicap: 10.2Posts: 1,122 Platinum Tees

I have the white 70TX in my sim max and for now the black 70TX in my sim 3w. I am part of the testing group and so far I love them both! The silver was a bit too low spin and launching for me. I went with 1” tipping on them all so that might be why the silver is a bit too low/low for me. I’m most likely going to pick up a black 80TX for my 3w, but so far the 70TX is working great. I wish I could post some numbers but with COVID I can’t get access to a monitor.

Posted:
    WITB

Driver: TaylorMade SIM MAX (10.5 degrees - set to 9.75 and 1.5 degrees open) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 White 70 TX (at 45” and tipped 1”)

3-wood: TaylorMade SIM (15 degrees) - Shaft: Aldila Rogue 130 Black 70 TX (at 43” and tipped 1”)

UDI - ***under construction***

Irons - ***under construction***

Wedges: TaylorMade MG 2 Raw (48 bent to 50-11, 54-11, 56 bent to 58-14 degrees) - Shafts: True Temper Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400

Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-Slant 34”

• moorebaseballmoorebaseball Members  646WRX Points: 89Posts: 646 Golden Tee

Considering this shaft right now as well. Trying to decide between silver and white for driver and white and black for 3 wood.

Posted:
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the SunMembers  5617WRX Points: 523Handicap: 10Posts: 5,617 Titanium Tees

Go with the White for the driver. So smooooorh and roght. Very good shaft for the driver. White could even be a good fairway shaft too.

Posted:
    PXG 0811x Gen2 smoke Yellow
    TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
    TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat

Did you ever hit the Aldila Rogue Silver 125 MSI? If so, how did it compare?

Posted:

Advertisement
  • OspreyCIOspreyCI Valley of the SunMembers  5617WRX Points: 523Handicap: 10Posts: 5,617 Titanium Tees

I have hit the Silver 125 only in demo drivers numerous times and it was stout to me. The White is much more smooth.

Posted:
    PXG 0811x Gen2 smoke Yellow
    TM M4 15* AD DI 6S Black
    TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
    PXG 0211 4-PW Modus 120S
    TM MG2 50* Modus 120S
    TM MG2 54*
    TM HT 60*
    PXG Gen2 Gunboat
  • nitramnitram WestOK, on the South Canadian Riviera Members  5909WRX Points: 521Handicap: -.6Posts: 5,909 Titanium Tees
    Posted:
    JBeam BM-435 Blackout 9* Accra TZ6 65 M5
    Exotics CBX 119 13.5* & 18* Accra TourZ 382 M5
    Exotics CBX 22* Accra TZ5-95H M5
    PING S55 5-P Mitsubishi MMT-125TX
    Chikara V1 Proto 51, 55, 59 KBS Tour X (8-iron)
    Cameron 009 Prototype (A010656)
  • SCOTT4099SCOTT4099 Members  1108WRX Points: 132Posts: 1,108 Platinum Tees

Is this the same Rogue white 60 that is available as a stock option for the Mavrik? If so can anyone comment on the swing speed baseline for the stiff flex? I am between 98-102.....I have not been able to demo it as my shop ha sit loaned out and now the range has been closed

Posted:
    Callaway epic 9.0
    Cobra bio cell 3/4
    Ping G 19 degree hybrid
    Ping ie1 4-AW modus 105
    Callaway MD3 54/58 wedges
    Cleveland HB soft 11 putter 35
  • davo32683davo32683 Members  2497WRX Points: 262Posts: 2,497 Platinum Tees

Yes it is. The White TX version is not available through Callaway though. That's a tour model. The regular White is a very solid stock offering. Unfortunately based on swing speed alone it's hard to say what would and wouldn't work for you, but at 98-102 stiff would be a good starting point.

Posted:
    Nothing is safe in my bag!
  • pantsparty7pantsparty7 Members  33WRX Points: 27Posts: 33 Bunkers

Where's the best place to find the White TX version? I have the regular, and I love it...wanting to try the TX if I can get my hands on one.

Posted:

Advertisement

Well I thought I was going to be getting a Rogue Silver 125 MSI shaft from a member on here, but he is reneging on the price he stated, so it looks like I will probably bite the bullet, and just order the new Rogue White 130 MSI in a 60 TX. I hope it's as good as everyone has stated ;).

Posted:
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members  1755WRX Points: 400Posts: 1,755 Platinum Tees

Dm Tollbros. He is probably one of only a few that has them new.

Posted:
  • ShowMeShowMe Members  541WRX Points: 94Handicap: 1.4Posts: 541 Golden Tee

Tried the non-Tour White. Didn't get along with it at all. Lost 10-15 yards in the driver.

Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS3 9.5* Diamana D+ Limited 70X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 13.5* [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Diamana D+ Limited 80X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist TS2 18* [/font][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Diamana D+ Limited 80X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Titleist 816H2 23* Speeder HB 8.8 TS[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping i210 5-UW Steelfiber i80 S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ping Glide 2.0 SS 56* Steelfiber i80 S[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Scottie Newport M2[/font]
  • BoonerBooner Members  117WRX Points: 57Posts: 117 Fairways

Just ordered retail version 60x.

Good feedback on how it compares to tx version.

I also asked Aldila a few questions about tipping to get the retail version to perform where I want it, so we can add another data point.

I should have it build up and ready to rock for the weekend and I'll post my thoughts after my first round with it.

Currently using 125 msi silver in 60tx.

Posted:

Retail 60x build up last night...tipped 1/2". Balance point is definitely higher than my 125 silver...interesting.

R&D session about to begin in the backyard practice net to mess with head weight. It's sitting at C9 with 8g in head now. Hoping I can get all the way up to 18g weight without losing too much speed to get smash up

Posted:
    Post edited by Booner on

Advertisement

I've played my new setup with the Rogue White for 4 rounds now...3 grips, 3 weights and another butt trim later. This is the retail 60x in a 2017 M2. Driver ss is ~115. I'm coming from 125 msi Rogue Silver 60tx untipped at 44.75. I loved the dispersion and really tight feel but wanted a hair more kick, higher flight and less stiff feel. I knew I was giving up distance for dispersion with it.

I first set the white up at 45.25 tipped 1/2" and played around with D0-D3. Felt good but like I wanted to tip it another 1/2". Felt like I couldn't really give it full throttle. Great feel, really nice noticeable kick, and good distance and dispersion. Overall feeling was good but I wanted more out of it. Already better than silver was for me.

Cut it down to 44.75 and Hooooly F! This thing really came to life! You could stop here and know that it's the best performing shaft I've ever used. I've been a golf **** for 30 yrs.

The shaft really tightened up after butt trimming to 44.75. Felt like it was tipped another 1/2" but flight actually went up a little to a perfect launch angle because contact was so much better and timing was good. I have it at D2 now.

Shaft has a subtle but powerful load. It feels equally as tight as the Rogue silver but with more feel. Flight is med/perfect for me and has been lowish with most tighter whiteboardish shafts. Spin is definitely low as I've been in some heavy winds and it's piercing. This shaft is really incredible and perfect. I'm in love.

It was 40 degrees tonight and I hit some bombs into warm weather territory...made me smile.

Posted:
    Post edited by Booner on
  • BamabowtieBamabowtie Members  131WRX Points: 36Handicap: 6.9Posts: 131 Fairways

Bump for anymore comparisons between the retail X and TX.

I hit the Rogue Black TS yesterday and loved the feel, but the launch was higher than I would prefer. Came back here to discover the White and it seems be what I’m after. I just want to see if I can get away with the retail version and buy a cheaper Callaway pull.

Posted:
  • mizuno playermizuno player Mizuno player Members  1755WRX Points: 400Posts: 1,755 Platinum Tees

Well, I can only say this and maybe it will help.

The retail version is different that the tour version. Tour has more of the exotic materials. Will produce lower launch and spin.

Having said that the retail may very well work for you. Unfortunately only way to really know for sure is to try it.

If you've read this thread you've seen my praise of the tx shaft. I've still only played once or twice but hit it many times at the range. It's the most accurate shaft I've hit. I was even able to loft up a bit to get more Carey distance.

Posted:
  • Philflop1Philflop1 Members  62WRX Points: 25Posts: 62 Bunkers

A Rogue profile that fits between the silver and the black sounds right up my alley. Will be checking back for reviews on it for sure.

Posted:
  • jas904jas904 Members  1592WRX Points: 223Handicap: 1.4Posts: 1,592 Platinum Tees

Wanted to chime in as one of the original testers as an update for me. Fortunately there has been no shut down because of COVID for me. I have continued to play three days a week prior to daylight savings and four days per week once daylight savings arrived. The Rogue White is still going strong. I spent quite a bit of time, effort, and money dialing in my iron shafts so my club efforts have been focused there. Thankfully that has come to a conclusion and about two weeks ago I started thinking that maybe it's time to look at a driver as the M4 is getting quite old. However, I have been driving the ball as good as I ever have with my current set up. Thank You Aldila.

I took a SIM Max off the fitting cart at my club and added lead tape until it became the exact headweight as my M4. I played two rounds with it last weekend. It wasn't good, very spinny and lost quite a few shots left with it. So I thought for this past Tuesday's round I would put the Roque Silver in the SIM Max head thinking that I could use lower spin with the SIM Max head. I couldn't hit fairways with it, it was all over the place. On the 15 & 18th holes I brought out the M4 with the Rogue White and striped it down the center each time. I'm thinking for me the M4 is some type of magical combo that is going to be very tough to beat. Next I'll take out a regular SIM head and see what happens. I am also thinking that a G410 LST (or even Plus depending on my spin numbers) with a Rogue White would be fun to test. Either way I would be very surprised if my next driver (if I can find one to dethrone the M4) doesn't have a Roque White in it. I can see this shaft staying with me for a very long time.

Posted:
    TaylorMade M4 8.5, Aldila Rogue White 130 M.S.I. 60S
    TaylorMade M3 15, HZRDUS Black 75S
    Callaway XR Pro 20, Project X LZ S
    Srixon Z765 4-PW, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
    Ping Glide 3.0 50 & 56 SS, KBS TGI 95 hs x1
    Ping Glide 3.0 60 TS, KBS TGI 95
    Ping Ketsch Armlock, BGT Stability

Advertisement
  • CAT GOLFERCAT GOLFER Members  1091WRX Points: 177Posts: 1,091 Platinum Tees

delete

Posted:
  • MattStrubeMattStrube San FranciscoMembers  252WRX Points: 85Handicap: 5Posts: 252 Greens

I tried the Rogue Silver in TX version in my driver 70 TX and 80TX in 3-wood. Too stiff vs the label. I’m a 110 SSpeed and aggressive transition. Didn’t agree at all. Switched to the 70TS in the driver and it’s awesome. Probably feels more like a true X shaft whereas the TX is super stout.

Tried the Rogue White in stiff for 3-Wd tipped 1.25” and it’s all over the map. The feel is great, but I can’t stop the lefts.

Is there a 80 TS version in the White? Is this White Rogue shaft just not as stout as the Silver 130? What would a good match be for my Silver 70TS be in the White? The 80X White or 80 TS or TX? Thanks.

Posted:
  • 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers  2237WRX Points: 345Posts: 2,237 Platinum Tees

Can anyone confirm the White 60TX is stiffer then the regular 60X? I usually play a S tipped so thought the Silver 60TS would be perfect. Loved the trajectory but was a little squirrelly. The White 60s tipped was squirrelly as well and surprisingly the White 60x gave me the best results. Just wish it had a lower traj and wondering how much stiffer the 60TX really is.

Posted:
  • Philflop1Philflop1 Members  62WRX Points: 25Posts: 62 Bunkers

I have not seen a TX version of the Rogue white. It is more of a mid kick point, higher torque shaft than the Rogue silver.

Posted:
  • MattStrubeMattStrube San FranciscoMembers  252WRX Points: 85Handicap: 5Posts: 252 Greens

How far you hitting Driver? Swing Speed? The Silver 70TS is a great shaft, I'm surprised you found the 60 Silver TS was squirrelly. I think the Silver TS plays closer to a TX in other shafts. For comparison, it plays similar to the 70TX Tensei Pro Orange

Posted:

Advertisement
  • 4rheel4rheel OC, CaliforniaMembers  2237WRX Points: 345Posts: 2,237 Platinum Tees

Hit it around 280-290 and SS is around 110-115. I think it's the way I load the shaft, smoother transition and not violent. If I don't take a good cut, it seems to go straight left for me. Almost as if the head outraces my hands. Then when I take a quicker swing, my results get squirrelly. The White gives me better results with my natural swing but trajectory is higher than I prefer.

Posted:
  • fishnfishn Members  78WRX Points: 47Posts: 78 Fairways

Osprey what swingweight are you at with the Rogue White and Mavrik?

also anyone played rogue white and project x smoke black in regular or stiff and what swing speed and how do they compare on feel and stiffness?

thanks

Posted:
  • TollBrosTollBros Overseer of the Test Range Sponsors  5158WRX Points: 445Posts: 5,158 Titanium Tees

Even the balance points are different in the X and TX. TX has less torque, stiffer tip and more overall stability, along with a slightly more counterbanced balance point. The X is basically just a little more friendly version of the TX. TX was the first flex made and made for Tour speeds, where the rest of the flexes are backed off so the public finds it more user friendly. All flexes are made with the same materials and one is not inferior to the other. Play the one that best suits you.

Posted:
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/forum/608-greengrassevaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Advertisement
  • Hookasaurus RexHookasaurus Rex Purveyor of fine turf Members  1165WRX Points: 139Posts: 1,165 Platinum Tees

How does 130 Rogue White 60x/60TX compare to the Copperhead 60TX? The Copperhead is one of my all time favorite shafts. Thanks.

Posted:
    Callaway EF SZ Triple💎10.5*(-1D)/ Mavrik SZ Triple 💎9* (+1N) Aldila Copperhead 60TX
    TItleist TS2 16.5* (set to 15.75*) FW Tensei AV Blue 75X
    Ping G410 19* Hybrid Evenflow Black 85 6.0
    Taylormade p790 4-GW Project X LZ 6.0
    Cobra King Black 54*, 58* Modus Wedge 115
    PXG🦇Attack Darkness 35” Limited/ Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12 Custom 34.5”

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.