GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 60* Wedge- ENTER HERE.

RZN Golf Balls - by Adtech D&D Corp

Rumin8Scoop ·  
Rumin8ScoopRumin8Scoop Becky JohnsonMembers  99WRX Points: 40Handicap: 7Posts: 99 Fairways

Hey wrxers,

I came across these RZN golf balls looking for the last generation of Nike RZN balls since I'm starting to run low.

These look to be the exact same marketing as Nike and the same ball, micro dimples within the dimples and everything.

Does anybody know anything about these , are these the same ball just minus a Nike sign?

It looks like they have 4 Types which would be consistent with what Nike offered. They even say they have major wins on tour, so this must be the same ball right ?

RZN HS Tour = Nike RZN Tour Platinum/ Black ?

RZN Speed = Nike RZN Speed ?

Posted:
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Vapor Speed TW- Tour AD DI 6X[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Vapor Speed LTD JPN 3 Wood 15* Tour AD DI 7X[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Vapor Speed LTD JPN 5 Wood 19* Tour AD BB 8X[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike VR Pro Combo 3 Iron[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike VR Pro Blades 4-PW[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike VR Pro Forged Wedge 56*[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike VR Pro Forged 62*[/font]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Method Mod 30[/font]

Comments

• Rumin8ScoopRumin8Scoop Becky Johnson Members  99WRX Points: 40Handicap: 7Posts: 99 Fairways

Update: they say right on the site that they were Nike's Golf ball manufacturer. Looks like the RZN ball lives on for the foreseeable future.

Posted:
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Vapor Speed LTD JPN 3 Wood 15* Tour AD DI 7X[/font]
    [font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nike Vapor Speed LTD JPN 5 Wood 19* Tour AD BB 8X[/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • b.heltsb.helts Members  3246WRX Points: 745Posts: 3,246 Titanium Tees

I am also interested in this.

in to see if anyone has any feedback.

Posted:

lol I was going to buy a dozen for Esses & Gees

$19.90 for shipping to California. So $35 for a dozen, which is ok. $55 to get them to me.

hard pass

Posted:
  • Rumin8ScoopRumin8Scoop Becky Johnson Members  99WRX Points: 40Handicap: 7Posts: 99 Fairways

I got 12 dozen for $240 and free shipping. So $20 a box

Posted:

who what where when

i know the why

Posted:

OK. So I went back and saw free shipping over $50 so I bought 2 dozen.

why not!

Posted:

Advertisement

Websites a little funky but seems like these are the exact same as the RZN Tour Black / Platinum only problem I don't know if it's Black or Platinum

Posted:
  • Hammer22Hammer22 Members  678WRX Points: 200Handicap: 6Posts: 678 Golden Tee

They were announced at the PGA Show...back in January. There was a thread - or two - on the balls a few months ago.

Posted:
    nflam-button.png
  • project_fishproject_fish Members  33WRX Points: 63Posts: 33 Bunkers

I thought Bridgestone made Nike balls? Did they just make the cores?

Posted:
    Mizuno MP-H5/MP-15/MP-5 Combo Irons
    Cleveland RTX4 46,50,54,58 Wedges
    Taylormade M5 5 Wood
    Taylormade M5 3 Wood
    Mizuno ST200 Driver
    Taylormade Spider Tour Black Putter

• third-times-a-charmthird-times-a-charm Members  3277WRX Points: 1,399Posts: 3,277 Titanium Tees

they made the early/prototype balls but not the RZn IIRC

Posted:

Epic Flash - 44.75" D4 Pro 2.0 6 TS / 42" D2 Pro 2.0 6 / 41" D2 Pro 2.0 7 / Epic - Apex 19 - Apex Pro 19 D2 1050Gh HSx1 / MD5 / Phantom X5 - X5.5 Shaft Swap SS Mid Slim 2.0

• grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4663WRX Points: 1,677Posts: 4,663 Titanium Tees

Nike was also producing some small batches of their own balls at the end. They had a ball r&d facility in Oregon called The Oven West. Full ability to manufacture balls from start to finish.

Posted:

Advertisement
  • JustsomeguyJustsomeguy Members  1322WRX Points: 256Handicap: 15Posts: 1,322 Platinum Tees

This is starting to feel like Westworld.

The hidden laboratory where the world's most elite balls are birthed.

Posted:
    Cobra F9 10.5* Project X Evenflow Blue 65, R - CAMO!
    Titleist 915F 15* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Cobra F9 18.5* 5w Project X Evenflow Blue 65, R
    Titleist 915H 21* Diamana S+ Blue 70, R
    Callaway Steelhead XR 5-AW Recoil 660 F3, R
    Vokey SM7, 56*/8 M Grind, Recoil ZT9 460 F3, R
    Miura 1957, 59* C Grind, Nippon Modus 110, Wedge Flex
    Cleveland Smart Square Blade
  • BarnacleBarnacle Members  158WRX Points: 94Posts: 158 Fairways

The RZN black were probably the best ball off the driver I've ever used. I used to get Plat's, Blacks, and Proto's from my Nike Rep for $20 a dozen after Nike shut down their equipment production. I should have bought more...

Posted:
  • enfuegoenfuego Members  165WRX Points: 80Posts: 165 Fairways

I always got the impression that Bridgestone got Nike started early and then gave them all the knowledge and research to continue on their own toward the end. In the Bridgestone Tour B marketing videos Tiger says he's been playing a bridgestone made golf ball since 2000. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZSGjJf3RIM

Posted:

Taylormade SIM Driver 8* / Diamana S+ Limited 60x

Taylormade SIM Rocket 3w 14* / Fujikura Ventus Blue 6s

Taylormade SIM 5w 19* / Diamana S+ Limited 75s

Callaway Apex CF19 Irons 4-AW / Dynamic Gold TI x100

CBX2 Wedges 54*, 60* / Dynamic Gold TI s400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport Black / Pistolero Grip

Taylormade TP5x

HS Tour are the RZN Black

MS Tour are the RZN Platinum

Posted:

The MS tour is a 3-piece ball and the HS-Tour is a four piece.

Was the RZN Platinum a 3-piece ball this whole time ?

Posted:

Advertisement

Good point. The old Platinums I have say they are 4 piece. I don't have any left with the mini dimple pattern of platinums or blacks but I do have some Proto balls that have it. Its possible they altered the tech somewhat. That was 3 years ago so who knows. They are both marketed as tour balls so it would make sense that the MS Tour version is closer to the Platinums.

Posted:
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers  2839WRX Points: 387Posts: 2,839 Titanium Tees

Found this -

There are four models in the range, with the Speed Red and Speed White being 3-piece versions and the RZN Tour Black is one of two 4-piece balls. However, the marquee ball is the 4-piece RZN Tour Platinum and that is the one I review here.

Shame they are not the last RZn Platinum, that was one awesome ball, I moved from he RZN black previous generation to that.

Posted:
    • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Artisan 46*, 50* C taper X
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Just got them in the mail I'm thinking the MS is the RZN Platinum that was a 3 piece and the HS is the RZN Tour Platinum

Posted:
  • scott_Donaldscott_Donald Aberdeen, Scotland & HoustonMembers  2839WRX Points: 387Posts: 2,839 Titanium Tees

read my post above you, the tour balls were 4 piece.

Posted:
    • Ping G410 LST 9* Tensei Orange 70TX
    • Taylormade M5 15* Tensei White 80TX
    • Taylormade P790 UDI C taper X
    • Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 4-9 C taper X
    • Artisan 46*, 50* C taper X
    • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
    • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Right, so the question remains are these the RZN Tour Black or RZN Tour Platinum.

Off the putter these feel a little bit softer than the RZN Proto I'm comparing against , so I'm leaning towards Platinum , but not sure I can tell for sure off the putter face.

Posted:

Advertisement

It is noticeably softer off the putter than the RZN Tour Black. I'm fairly confident this is the Platinum.

Posted:
  • jaypjayp Members  4WRX Points: 63Posts: 4 Starters

Saw some postings on the internet about the 2020 RZN ball. Also found that they are selling their golf balls at Walmart. Strange thing is the Walmart RZN brand are named RZN Tour, RZN Force and RZN Star. The RZN tour is listed as a 3 piece urethane covered tour golf ball, with the micro dimples. When you go to www.rzngolf.com, there is no mention of the balls being sold at Walmart, only the HS Tour, MS Tour, Speed and Distance.. Purchased two dozen of the RNZ Tour ball's from Walmart and compared it to some Nike RZN Tour Platinum's I still have. Similar color, and feel similar off the putter. Wonder what the difference is between the RZN Tour 3 piece being sold at Walmart, and the RZN MS Tour 3 piece sold on rzngolf's website? If anyone has a clue, or have played either of these golf balls, I'd appreciate any feedback. Haven't had an opportunity to play the balls yet but loved the last NIke RZN Tour golf balls with micro dimples before exiting the equipment business.

Posted:
  • grm24grm24 Western PAMembers  4663WRX Points: 1,677Posts: 4,663 Titanium Tees

Earlier this year I had noticed the same thing of what WalMart was offering on their website with the RZN balls versus what their website was pushing. It's confusing. Here is what the USGA conforming ball list shows currently under the RZN name.

Posted:
  • jaypjayp Members  4WRX Points: 63Posts: 4 Starters

Interesting that all of the RZN golf balls listed on the USGA conforming list, have low spin characteristics for the driver, as well as the short irons. 3 piece construction vs 4 piece construction, distance ball or tour level ball, seem to all react the same? Hopefully we will see some reviews online soon, or a fellow WRX'er will be able to expand on some of the ball characteristics vs the Nike RZN Tour series. Also found a USGA conforming list for the Nike RZN Tour balls of 2016. The construction of those balls were 4P-2C with 344 dimples, with L-M spin characteristics, versus the 3P-1C/4P-1C construction of the Feng Tay made RZN golf balls. So it seems that these new rzngolf balls are constructed just a little differently. Also the Nike balls on the 2016 USGA list were listed as being made in the USA, not Taiwan. None the less, it's a ball I'm still interested to try.

Posted:
    Post edited by jayp on
  • pallmallpallmall Members  27WRX Points: 21Posts: 27 Bunkers

In USGA list, the country is not for where balls are made, but for where the company is from.

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.