2011 PGA Show - Scratch Golf Day 2 and 3 Pics

GolfWRXGolfWRX Team GolfWRXMarshals Posts: 8,263 mod
imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned Posts: 20,715
    WOW, if this doesn't get you going...I don't know what will.

What is that blade with the two bevels? That thing is stunning! Also the one with a diamond on the back. WOW! image/partytime2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':partytime2:' />
    Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
    Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
    Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
    Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
    Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
    All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon
  • bpprybppry Members Posts: 1,903 ✭✭
  • acpar72acpar72 Members Posts: 910
    First off, those blades with ZERO offset,......WOWZA! Secondly, please dont use the STAR for the "A" in SCRATCH. Makes it look like SCROTCH.
    Nike Covert Fuji X
    Nike Covert Fuji X
    NIke T40 Tour 17 X
    Ping Eye 2 2-SW
    Cobra Trusty Rusty 61*
    Ping Shea H
  • FATC1TYFATC1TY Getting it up, and down! Members Posts: 5,139
    Yeah, the Scratch with the star... just screams **** logo to me. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

That said.. WOW on the DW Ar's..... The diamond muscle on that blade above the damascus putters is friggin SWEET!

And.. please... where have I been that I hadn't seen the black glossy finish on those irons!? That finish is fantastic looking.. Love the irons with the rusty looking faces against the blade. Those are amazing looking.

Makes my SB-1's look so plain jane!
  • NWS AlpineNWS Alpine Members Posts: 2,608 ✭✭
    The new KBS polymer coated shafts are SICK!!!!
  • BigLeftyAllAmericanBigLeftyAllAmerican Members Posts: 270
    See now this is a club company that gets it. Clean, sharp and quality. this is how golf should be!image/coolpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':coolpics:' /> image/kewlpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' /> image/good.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':good:' /> image/ok.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ok:' />

• LlortamaiseyLlortamaisey Members Posts: 5,901 ✭✭
    Is it just me or is the white KBS polymer shaft a little shot at Taylormade's goofy muppet ideas. I'm not saying, I'm just saying. White power!
  • TWshoot67TWshoot67 TWShoot67 Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭
    FATC1TY wrote:

Yeah, the Scratch with the star... just screams **** logo to me. image/wink.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />

That said.. WOW on the DW Ar's..... The diamond muscle on that blade above the damascus putters is friggin SWEET!

And.. please... where have I been that I hadn't seen the black glossy finish on those irons!? That finish is fantastic looking.. Love the irons with the rusty looking faces against the blade. Those are amazing looking.

Yes those diamond cut blades with the DW stamp can't help but have some of that MacGregor look to them, with that said they still look really sharp. I also like the finish that is on those blades with the star as the A in Scratch!
    Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
    Cobra King LTD w/ Tour only Adila Pink graphics ATX65 R hard stepped
    Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
    TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
    Cobra S3 Pro's 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
    Cobra S3 Gap w/ Nippon 125 S
    Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
    Scotty Cameron 009 SSS 350 Tiffany or
    Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
    Recent Acquisition a Scotty 009 Beached BBC #13 of 50 made, hmm decisions
    Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
    WITB Link
  • brad_mcwhirtbrad_mcwhirt Members Posts: 80
    I was extremely disappointed with Mizuno's new stuff, but I've found something to be excited about! SCRATCH Golf!!! image/clapping.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':clapping:' />

Ping Rapture: 9* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping G5: 13* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping G5: 18* with Aldila NV 75-S
    Ping i5: 3-PW with CS Lite Stiff
    Ping iWedge: 56* with CS Lite Stiff
    Ping iWedge: 60* with CS Lite Stiff
  • jldavis73jldavis73 Members Posts: 1,061 ✭✭
    Shabazzzzzzzzzzzzz!
    Srixon Z785 
    Cleveland Classic XL 14*, Black Tie X
    Srixon Z945 3-PW, Project X 6.5
    Cleveland RTX 3 52*, 56* 60*, Dynamic Gold 
    Odyssey Sabretooth Backstryke w/Flat Cat 
  • sspssp Members Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    My reaction was that there was too much 'bling'. I guess that is golf these days but I liked Scratch because of the pure high quality simple designs.
  • cstick1965cstick1965 Members Posts: 4
    FATC1TY wrote:

• cstick1965cstick1965 Members Posts: 4
    FATC1TY wrote:

Sorry i screwed up posting.

Don White said the black glossy finish was done by B.O.S.. Actually all of the crazy finishes they had there were B.O.S. Finishes.

Second where are the pics of the handmade putter with the hand scraped face. please tell me someone took some pics of that too. I should have but all i had was my camera phone and they wouldn't do it justice.
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 4,020 ✭✭
    cstick1965 wrote:

FATC1TY wrote:

Sorry i screwed up posting.

Don White said the black glossy finish was done by B.O.S.. Actually all of the crazy finishes they had there were B.O.S. Finishes.

Second where are the pics of the handmade putter with the hand scraped face. please tell me someone took some pics of that too. I should have but all i had was my camera phone and they wouldn't do it justice.

The glossy black finish was actually done by a local finisher that we use not by BOS. But most of the rest of the crazy finishes were done by BOS.

Here is a link to a thread with more pics of the handmade putters:

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/439245-scratch-jeff-mccoy-true-100-handmade-putter-pics/"]Scratch Handmade putter pics[/url]
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • aveb4lifeaveb4life Members Posts: 659
    There really isn't a better looking wedge on the market.
    TM 2017 M1 Aldila Rogue 70
    TM 2017 M2 Aldila Rogue Silver 70

TM GAPR Mid PX HZRDUS Black 85
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
    Mizuno S5 55*
    TM MG Wedge 59*

TM Spider Tour Red
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15 Members Posts: 11,486 ✭✭
    That putter looks incredible.. nice pics, thank you!
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram: @pure745 https://www.instagram.com/pure745/[/font]
  • MMB1500MMB1500 Members Posts: 6,320 ✭✭
    Those EZ-1's with the black finish and star in the cavity are pretty much my dream irons. Gorgeous!
  • WVPWVP Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    I wanted the EZ's already and now you have to taunt me with the black EZ's. 

**** you Scratch.
    Callaway BB Fusion – 9°
    Tour Edge CB5 – 16.5°
    Mizuno JPX 825 – 22°
    PING G30 – 5-UW
    Cleveland CBX – 54°
    Taylormade EF – 60° ATV
    Taylormade Juno
  • SprayNPreySprayNPrey Members Posts: 184
    I have a feeling I am going to be gaming some Scratch irons very soon, does anyone have any more info on the diamond mb's? Those look amazing!
  • cardia10cardia10 Members Posts: 2,421 ✭✭
    I think the Diamonds are what Don White can do with those flatbacks. Basically, I was told if you can draw it or design it or explain it, Don can make it.
  • apprenti23apprenti23 ClubWRX Posts: 3,885
    Wow... Excellent stuff Ari! Best of luck in 2011!
  • chasmchasm Members Posts: 549 ✭✭
    The black EZ-1s look like a completely different beast, much more modern somehow. The diamond-back blade is gorgeous as well. Roll on the day when the flatback blanks are available for left handers.

Incidentally, can DW mill out pockets or channels (similar to the MP53 or Nike Pro combo long irons)?
  • BigLeftyAllAmericanBigLeftyAllAmerican Members Posts: 270
    Don White is the Man!!!!!!!! I wish i was him!
  • chill122292chill122292 Members Posts: 118
    if those dw or dd's were 500 bucks cheaper, i still couldnt afford them. The second i can im playing them though
    10.5* SLDR Diamana Whiteboard 73x
    15* Titleist 910 Fd Diamana 83x
    20* Srixon U45 TI X100
    4-PW Srixon z945/745 combo TI X100
    Cleveland RTX-3 Raw 50, 54, 58
    Scotty Cameron Golo 5
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,852 ClubWRX
    I wanted to be there just for this booth.

I'm not a stalker, but any pics of ari or patrick? image/kewlpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' />
  • 98 over par98 over par Members Posts: 50
    Love my scratch wedges, just wish they would make the irons for us leftys
    kekoa wrote:

I wanted to be there just for this booth.

I'm not a stalker, but any pics of ari or patrick? image/kewlpics.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':kewlpics:' />

any pics of these two chaps?
    Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,855 ClubWRX
    Wonder if they ever plan to make the "tri-muscle" or "diamond-back" irons available as a standard offering....

...As if I need more great irons to drool over...
    Skaffa77 wrote:

Wonder if they ever plan to make the "tri-muscle" or "diamond-back" irons available as a standard offering....

...As if I need more great irons to drool over...

don't say such things...because then I will be forced to buy it...I just won't be able to refuse.
    Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
  • kekoakekoa ClubWRX Posts: 8,852 ClubWRX
    Just curious. If one was to order a set of diamond back sb-1's is there a way to change the look of Ar-1's to flow?