Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

Used to take week long canoe trips in quetico pp with m 3 boys. outfitters never packed nachos let alone the worlds best. We used the Hudson Bay bread to keep campfires going. We'd put in at beaver house lake and come out 60 miles later in nym lake. No incidents. But heard some sad tails when people did stupid things. Took my wife along one year for a shortened less strenuous trip. She was in awe of the sound of the wind. It is cool. Was clued in by 2 Canadian brothers while passing during a portage that what we see is Canada - rocks, pine, birch. More rocks .... Water was s pure we never did anything but dip it was the lake. Off shore and never around beavers. Spent two days on an island with a wet eaglet. Tried to fly away but failed I watched it breast stroke to shore and hop up on a rock just feet from us. Mom showed up and it was off limits after that. No bear or moose. Though I did not really want to run into a moose while in shallow waters coming up to a portage.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

See the original confessions thread was resurrected. Got thru first six pages. Classic stuff. Many were on a roll. Forgot the jorts. Lol. And goodness how many words start with Q.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Lets see whats on the jukebox

This here's a story about Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue

Two young lovers with nothin' better to do

Than sit around the house, get high, and watch the tube

And here is what happened when they decided to cut loose

They headed down to, ooh, old El Paso

That's where they ran into a great big hassle

Billy Joe shot a man while robbing his castle

Bobbie Sue took the money and run

Go on take the money and run

Billy Mack is a detective down in Texas

You know he knows just exactly what the facts is

He ain't gonna let those two escape justice

He makes his livin' off of the people's taxes

Bobbie Sue, whoa, whoa, she slipped away

Billy Joe caught up to her the very next day

They got the money, hey

You know they got away

They headed down south and they're still running today

Singin' go on take the money and run

Sitting in the dentist office thinking about putting left hand low.

I'd like to order three cheese spinach dip and nachos as my appetizer. I'll chase the nachos down with a small order of wings

I make the greatest nachos in the world. It's not a joke. They are literally the greatest in the world. I can provide several references

It's nothing too fancy. But it's the combination of homemade salsa my wife makes, with sea salt nachos i buy. Then i cook beef with guinness sauce and use 3 different kinds of cheese (cheddar, jalapeno monterey jack and mozzarela) and green onions

Guinness beef nachos....they are better than any i've ever eaten at a restaurant.

That's not an adequate recipe. More details please MJ. If you are going to make a WRXian boast you gotta follow through.

Lets see whats on the jukebox

This here's a story about Billy Joe and Bobbie Sue

Two young lovers with nothin' better to do

Than sit around the house, get high, and watch the tube

And here is what happened when they decided to cut loose

They headed down to, ooh, old El Paso

That's where they ran into a great big hassle

Billy Joe shot a man while robbing his castle

Bobbie Sue took the money and run

Billy Mack is a detective down in Texas

You know he knows just exactly what the facts is

He ain't gonna let those two escape justice

He makes his livin' off of the people's taxes

Bobbie Sue, whoa, whoa, she slipped away

Billy Joe caught up to her the very next day

They got the money, hey

You know they got away

They headed down south and they're still running today

Singin' go on take the money and run

NOOIICCE!

Heard this song an hour ago on the way to work. Love The Who....The who?

One of my favs. Coma and join the party. Dress to kill

Good tune BSC - Always liked SMB's 'Jet Airliner'.

Eminence Front - MC that one makes it into all vehicles, CDs, anyplace I have regular access to tunes. Another great call.

/////////

True story (lol - thinking of flying brought it to mind)...

Show and tell in my 5th grade year - Something I've not seen before or since happened. Only during reunions does anyone recall this event and we all laugh and marvel that it happened.

Her name was Patty. Her turn comes and up in front of the class she goes.

She proceeds to open a little pill box type container and out comes a...get this....FLY.

She introduces us to her pet...FLY. I believe his given name was Herman. No joke. It buzzes all around the room and the teacher - who miraculously kept a straight face says, "Patty - How do you intend to get Herman back in his little box?"

So Patty says, "Like This! Here Herman! Come on buddy."

And I kid you not. This dumb-ice fly makes it's way to her hand and lights - she eases it into the little box and she closes up the lid.

I've since wondered what became of Patty and her penchant for flies. It's possible she went on to....

Good tune BSC - Always liked SMB's 'Jet Airliner'.

Eminence Front - MC that one makes it into all vehicles, CDs, anyplace I have regular access to tunes. Another great call.

/////////

True story (lol - thinking of flying brought it to mind)...

Show and tell in my 5th grade year - Something I've not seen before or since happened. Only during reunions does anyone recall this event and we all laugh and marvel that it happened.

Her name was Patty. Her turn comes and up in front of the class she goes.

She proceeds to open a little pill box type container and out comes a...get this....FLY.

She introduces us to her pet...FLY. I believe his given name was Herman. No joke. It buzzes all around the room and the teacher - who miraculously kept a straight face says, "Patty - How do you intend to get Herman back in his little box?"

So Patty says, "Like This! Here Herman! Come on buddy."

And I kid you not. This dumb-ice fly makes it's way to her hand and lights - she eases it into the little box and she closes up the lid.

I've since wondered what became of Patty and her penchant for flies. It's possible she went on to....

That is nuts.

Ahhh.... peace in the valley. It's a beautiful thing,

Gents - You have all restored faith. Not right now and not just yet... but the menu here at 'The Grille" is about to be revealed. So thank you 60 for teeing that one up!

I "think" I've worked up a menu that should make everyone's individual passions have a place. It may not be inside the same thread at the exact same time but THAT would be the trick to it. Stay tuned for more. If you're picking up what I'm dropping and can agree to the menu - we should ALL be good to go. Remember - the sea is large and there can be two ships riding along side by side - even a little dingy that will transport anyone interested back of forth at will on a 24/7 basis

;)

Love it... I'm so ditzy today from my wife bringing me early to work ( 5:00 A.M.) from having that last seizure and not being allowed to drive for a while, that I actually left clicked on your

everyone's individual passions statement... ha.. I swear, if you had posted it in blue ----> everyone's individual passions I would still be clicking on it.. :) I think I need to be put on the dingy now...

So Reasy gave me this to post for your approval... Grille Menu

well, maybe he didn't :blush:

Yep, I clicked on all three underlined....You guessed it, nothing happened! lol

DRIVER: Ping G20, 9.5° w/169D-Tour, reg (Back up: Srixon Z-rw, 9.5°, stf)
3+W: Srixon Z-Steel, 12.5°, stock SV3005J, stf. (In rotation: 3W, 14.5°)
5W: Srixon Z-Steel, 18.5° stock SV3005J, stf
IRONS: Ping i20, 3-PW, stock CFS reg @ D2
PUTTER: Ping Craz-E iWi, w/2x20gr weights, Lamkin Jumbo pistol grip
WEDGES: Ping Glide, 54° SS, 60° TS, stock Ping wedge shafts
BALL: Srixon XV 
CART: SunMountain V1, STEWARTGOLF Z1
BAG: SM H2N0, PING C-130
BACK UP: Ping S58, 3-Pw, stock CS-Lite, stf, @ D2. (Lofts jacked to S55 specs.)

Ok - now more about this whole dingy business and to cut through the parallels and inferences....

We have come a LONG way guys. Lets agree (PLEASE) to do the deep diving aboard the good ship Exploding Heads. She a good ship and is the legacy of many before her. From her decks deep detailed "stuff" of any kind can occur 24/7. Make no mistake about it - Yours truly who can rant day and night about swings - I also need to board the dingy and ride to her decks for such things. Physician - heal thyself.

======================================================================================

I didn't need to bother to ask any brain draining questions when the Clubhouse Grille opened for business.

As long as Exploding Heads is sailing, I'll commute......No Biggie.

Hey Fella speaking of finds I found this on the pile today along with 6 POS clubs that had Lamkin Classic Wraps on them in good shape I am going to pull those grips tonight or tomorrow. The putter is a Yonex Super ADX Tour Forged with a Yonex Graphite shaft. It is an 8802 style Mickleson used one for years of course bassackwards style (sorry Pigs). If it had been a leftie I would have gotten it any how and given it to one of you lefties for sure. It is storming outside so I am limited to rolling it in the house. LOL I do not have carpet in my house my floors are bare bones wood style because in 4 years we have not decided on a floor covering. But Red Neck engineering comes in. I have a putting thing that has Astro Turf and a little cup so I got that out and this putter has outstanding feel. Of course it is after all JDM forged. And surprise surprise it feels balanced like it is and I do not think any lead tape is needed.

No Lead Tape!

From you, it's a first for me.

That thing can't be anything short of amazing.

I'll have some Fairway Fries.. beer battered and well seasoned, like many golfers we all know... maybe a Bunker Brat, simmered in some Mirror Pond Pale Ale before being char-grilled on the open wood flaming clubhouse fire... either that or just barbecued 'birdie' wings, and some rough made chips...not quite sure yet.. if you're all lined up, go ahead, we're here to play 'ready snack'...

Stu,

Intrigued by the Yonex A.D.X. putter, decided to do some research and find better pics (sorry, the one posted doesn't do it justice). Apparently, a rather rare putter that had many favorable reports on an earlier WRX putter thread. The typical "buttery" forged feel off the face, balanced, PM putter, etc. The negatives were that it was on the light side with the graphite shaft and was to shinny with the bright chrome plated finish. Yours, at least from the pic posted, has a "Stu" look to it. LOL.

Which leads to be to the next pondering. Wonder why graphite shafts for putters never have become a "thing"? I'm aware of the UST Frequency Filter shaft. But it is something of a hybrid being steel and graphite. Surmise that the expense/performance ratio didn't justify, they were to light in total weight for most. Even though there are graphite iron shafts that are 95 - 100 gram range. IIRC (read somewhere from my foggy memory), steel putter shafts were nothing more than stiff 8i shafts. Would think that graphite may offer enhanced feel vs. steel in a putter.

I have in inventory a Ping Pal MgBr (020) putter that's shafted with a Aldila HM-40 graphite "Putter" shaft. Don't think it was OEM, but not positive. Its a nice one, that doesn't get as much play time as it deserves. Don't find it to be unnecessarily light, by way of comparison to any vintage Ping putters of that era. And I seemed to putt fairly well with it the few times I've put it into play. Maybe will throw it in the bag for our Friday night couples shoot around. It is rather striking. The brass head, gold shaft and a classic brown Neumann leather grip. A real looker.

And I readily admit to be a classic golf club poser.......(at times) Its better to look good than to putt good.

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

Little strangeness to start the day. I'm certainly not in control.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

Does any else believe that futurama a is Matt g's homage to jay ward?

This is important stuff. Morning coffee. Pondering what the intent of other sentinet collection of atoms. Kinda like that tire in the movie rubber though less murderous.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

We are the Champions

We are the Clubhouse Grille

I’ve paid my green fees

Time after time

I’ve been out of bounds

I’ve been in the slime

And triple bogeys

I’ve made a few

I’ve had my share of bunker sand in my face

And it’s been in my shoes…

But I just play on and on and on and on and on….

We are the Clubhouse Grille my friends

And we’ll share our stories, till the end..

We’re the Clubhouse Grille

No time for losers, cause

We are the Clubhouse… Clubhouse Grille…

I had some bad rounds,

And lost plenty of balls,

But I'll take my seat in this grille, and this thread, and everything that goes with it

And I thank you all

Now we can come to this place,

And tell funny lie-zers,

And post whatever we want, whenever we want

Eating crazy appetizers,

Come and give me more and more and more and more…

And we’ll keep on posting, till the end..

I’ve shared my bad scores

Posted pics of my clubs

I’ve had good rounds and bad

But my friends have always been there for me when it counts

And slices and hooks

Sometimes they just interfere

But my pals at the Grille

They just tell me to chill, then they buy me a beer

So I just play on and on and on and on and on….

We don’t make excusers,

Cause we aren’t the losers,

So we’ll keep on posting,

Cause we are the Clubhouse…

Clubhouse Grille…

The fish tacos grilled on the open fire pit on the patio at Palmilla in Cabo after a nice round on the mountain course. My lil bro invited us to his time share one Thanksgiving and a fine time was had by all.

http://www.palmillagc.com/golf-club-cantina.html

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

We are the Champions

We are the Clubhouse Grille

I’ve paid my green fees

Time after time

I’ve been out of bounds

I’ve been in the slime

And triple bogeys

I’ve made a few

I’ve had my share of bunker sand in my face

And it’s been in my shoes…

But I just play on and on and on and on and on….

And we’ll share our stories, till the end..

I had some bad rounds,

And lost plenty of balls,

But I'll take my seat in this grille, and this thread, and everything that goes with it

And I thank you all

Now we can come to this place,

And tell funny lie-zers,

And post whatever we want, whenever we want

Eating crazy appetizers,

Come and give me more and more and more and more…

I’ve shared my bad scores

Posted pics of my clubs

I’ve had good rounds and bad

But my friends have always been there for me when it counts

And slices and hooks

Sometimes they just interfere

But my pals at the Grille

They just tell me to chill, then they buy me a beer

So I just play on and on and on and on and on….

We don’t make excusers,

Cause we aren’t the losers,

So we’ll keep on posting,

Cause we are the Clubhouse…

Clubhouse Grille…

Slow clap!

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

I'll take a Bud Light, a Lefty and a Burger!! ;)

Getting in some rounds these days? How's ol' Piglet?

Back to weekend golf for old Piggy, I've been working at a Kictchen Cabinet shop for the passed 3 weeks. Liking t so far. It ta really cut into my golf time!! Lol. 88 last weekend without losing a single ball!! Im hoping to get out again in the morning if I don't have to work. TP shot a 112 last weekend with his Grandfather too!!

How's about you coach?? Playing muck lately?

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I'll take a Bud Light, a Lefty and a Burger!! ;)

Getting in some rounds these days? How's ol' Piglet?

Back to weekend golf for old Piggy, I've been working at a Kictchen Cabinet shop for the passed 3 weeks. Liking t so far. It ta really cut into my golf time!! Lol. 88 last weekend without losing a single ball!! Im hoping to get out again in the morning if I don't have to work. TP shot a 112 last weekend with his Grandfather too!!

How's about you coach?? Playing muck lately?

If I can't find a game this afternoon or weekend it will mark two weeks without play! Thanks for asking, sir! Was hoping this season would be marked by something resembling 50/50 in terms of practice time to play time just to avoid that old syndrome of being a really golfer - until a scorecard is in your pocket - lol. My son hurt his back weightlifting so he was always a go-to partner but he needs to mend so that's out.

Cabinets, eh? (note the "eh" in honor of my Newfie bud here). Face frames I take it?

Oh, and Reasey nice try getting this into the general golf talk section. I see they moved it ASAP. At this rate I will never get to a thousand posts. Did I say that I am a lazy er efficient poster? I am in awe of some of you posting legends. At least I've never yet had someone say TLTR :taunt:

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Oh, and Reasey nice try getting this into the general golf talk section. I see they moved it ASAP. At this rate I will never get to a thousand posts. Did I say that I am a lazy er efficient poster? I am in awe of some of you posting legends. At least I've never yet had someone say TLTR :taunt:

LOL, I've never tossed that TLDR at anyone but have been tempted...but then

I think I've posted a few novels myself so better to let sleeping dogs lie if you're

living in a glass house, haha.

I added up my posts in all the confessions threads once. You can go to the 19th

hole forum and do a thread search and when they come up just click on the

total posts each thread shows and it will give you a breakdown of total posts in

the thread by each member.

I have definitely been a blowhard and if ALL my confessions posts counted I

would be over 10,000 total posts by now I think instead of my middlin' 5K, lol.

I still don't get why 19th hole posts don't count. Anyone know the reason??

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

I like to sit in the 19th and watch dudes try and be heroic. Yeah pour me another bro.

You know the motto bro....."I didn't come here to lay up!" LOL

Though I could save 10 strokes per round if they installed yellow caution lights on each tee box.

Yeah but I came here to lay around bro lol.

There'll be time enough for layin'.........when the playin's done.......Kenny Rogers

Ahhh Kenny the poster boy for not getting face lifts.

LOL, him and Bruce/Caitlyn.

Kenny and his new face are doing the casino circuit now. I've seen billboards.

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

TLTR clearly has been aimed at me more than once my friend - and I deserved it. It's something I'm self aware about and struggle with getting better at - lol. Stings a bit to hear one those aimed your way but I certainly have it coming at times. LOL - Sometimes I see the opposite occurring - folks can try so hard to be cryptic I lose what the heck they're trying to communicate.

As to Gen Golf Talk - I'm rarely the OP these days. Past attempts at starting threads in Gen Talk almost always got moved. Not 100% sure why - But it's reached the point of just putting one there and letting it go wherever they want me. No prob.

Its a little easier to point and click to threads outside of the 19th. But the way guys dump out likes here - it's easy to click on a recent "like" and you're right back in. Our "rep" no doubt precedes us. Gen Talk is maintained as highly PG. Rather than beg folks here to keep it PG or beg the mods to let us live elsewhere - I put this one over there and let them make the call. Sort of expected it to be honest and its all good but I didn't think it would be given less than a 10 minute head start! Worked out fine either way.

Rad - I don't know why post counts work the way they do. Clueless.

National donut day. Still time.

Enjoy every sandwich

#kwonified

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)