Old Navy Slim Go-Dry Pants - how do they hold up?

Comments

• xjohnxxjohnx Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭
    semarlor wrote:

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that you are digging these pants. I have given feedback for years that we needed to try to get into the golf/"performance causal" space. We have a few product guys in the men's division that have background with UA and Nike and I think it shows in the active product's evolution over the last few years. I have been with the company for 13 years and the product is the best we've ever had, in my opinion. I will be at a conference next month and the product teams are usually there...I will pass some of your feedback along in person if I get the chance.

Awesome man! Whatever you do don’t let them discontinue these!
  • jacobEDGEjacobEDGE Members Posts: 1,997 ✭✭
    Went back again last night to try them on a second time. Just not slim enough at the ankle for me. Need a good inch of material tapered off.

66yrkRM.jpg

Now the Skinny Jeans from Old Navy, those fit absolutely perfect. Take the fit from the skinny jeans (from the knee down), and turn those into these active pants, and I'd buy so many, I'd practically own stock in Old Navy.
  • semarlorsemarlor Charlotte, NCMembers Posts: 651 ✭✭
    xjohnx wrote:

semarlor wrote:

You guys have no idea how happy it makes me that you are digging these pants. I have given feedback for years that we needed to try to get into the golf/"performance causal" space. We have a few product guys in the men's division that have background with UA and Nike and I think it shows in the active product's evolution over the last few years. I have been with the company for 13 years and the product is the best we've ever had, in my opinion. I will be at a conference next month and the product teams are usually there...I will pass some of your feedback along in person if I get the chance.

Awesome man! Whatever you do don’t let them discontinue these!

I wish I had that much pull! Haha! But I will definitely do what I can to make sure the right people see everyone's feedback.
  • timsiegletimsiegle Addict Members Posts: 151 ✭✭
    Just ordered a pair of these online, they only had black left but I'm excited to see how they fit after reading all the great comments on here.

My go-to pants are the slim ultimate khaki (98% cotton, 2% elastane), have 4 pairs but they don't breathe all that well.
    [font=georgia,serif]Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5*
    Titleist 915F 16.5*
    Titleist 910H 20.5*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping G Crossover #4[/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping S55 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Satin 50.08*
    [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Vokey SM6 F 54.14* [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Ping Glide 60* TS
    Odyssey White Hot Pro #7
    [/font]
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Members Posts: 1,587 ✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:

Went back again last night to try them on a second time. Just not slim enough at the ankle for me. Need a good inch of material tapered off.

66yrkRM.jpg

Now the Skinny Jeans from Old Navy, those fit absolutely perfect. Take the fit from the skinny jeans (from the knee down), and turn those into these active pants, and I'd buy so many, I'd practically own stock in Old Navy.

What size did you get if you don't mind me asking? Would you be able to compare the tapered style to another pant, like Nike or Bonobos (slim straight, It looks like it would be slim straight)? I know the Bonobos Slim Tailored are definitely smaller / more tapered towards the bottom. Would love to try but I don't see any of these available in stores near me.
    MaitriMike wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

66yrkRM.jpg

What size did you get if you don't mind me asking? Would you be able to compare the tapered style to another pant, like Nike or Bonobos (slim straight, It looks like it would be slim straight)? I know the Bonobos Slim Tailored are definitely smaller / more tapered towards the bottom. Would love to try but I don't see any of these available in stores near me.

I tried on 33x30. I wish more stores offered a 28" inseam, but I understand the demand isn't really there. Because as you can see, even with a 30" inseam, I had to roll them 3 times. Being a full grown, 30 year old man that's 5'4" definitely isn't the easiest thing in life.

And yes, the Highland Tailored fit from Bonobos is the only golf/technical/active pants I've found that are slim/skinny enough for my taste.
  • drn92drn92 Members Posts: 1,783 ✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:

MaitriMike wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

66yrkRM.jpg

I tried on 33x30. I wish more stores offered a 28" inseam, but I understand the demand isn't really there. Because as you can see, even with a 30" inseam, I had to roll them 3 times. Being a full grown, 30 year old man that's 5'4" definitely isn't the easiest thing in life.

And yes, the Highland Tailored fit from Bonobos is the only golf/technical/active pants I've found that are slim/skinny enough for my taste.

For $15 you can probably get these tailored exactly the way you want.

drn92
  • ShakesterShakester Members Posts: 484 ✭✭
    I have 2 pairs of these in the light grey and black. They're comfortable for sure and I love the way they fit, but they're not the most durable pants around. If you put your hands in your pockets, front or back, with enough down force, you can hear the threads ripping.
    Taylormade M3 Driver (UST Mamiya Chrome Elements Stiff Shaft) 9.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood 15
    Taylormade M2 5 Wood 18
    Taylormade P770 Irons (4-PW)
    Titleist SM6 Vokey Wedges (50, 55 & 60)
    Titleist Select Newport 2.5
    Titleist AVX, TP5 and Pro V1
  • blink3665blink3665 #TwistFaceExperience Members Posts: 6,092 ✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:

I'm 5'6" and I feel your pain. A 28" or 29" inseam would be fantastic.
    Srixon z785 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65 / / Taylormade M4 9.5* EvenFlow Handcrafted Blue 65
    Taylormade M3 HL MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")
    Taylormade M4 19* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (40.25")
    Taylormade M4 22* UST Proforce V2h R -0.5" (39.75")
    Srixon 545 - 5-PW - 2* flat - Modus3 120s - Best Grips Classic
    Cleveland CBX 48* +1* loft - -0.75" - 2* flat
    Cleveland RTX4 Raw 54* mid, 58* xlow -0.75" - 2* flat // TM Hi Toe 58* 2* flat
    Slighter Proto 1 - #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*
    Odyssey OWorks 2ball - 32"
    GolfWRX (Nike Collegiate) bag (White) / Nike HyperAdapt

WITB Link
  • travtrav Members Posts: 296 ✭✭
    Getting pants hemmed is like 10 bucks and tapered is maybe 15. At 30 bucks a pair, even with tailoring added, it’s a steal.
  • bellkenbellken Members Posts: 790 ✭✭
    blink3665 wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

if you want a 28 or 29" inseam, you ought to take a look at Uniqlo Dry-EX Ultra Stretch Ankle pants. On a taller golfer, they will look like cropped pants, but, for 5'7" and under, they should work. You can check their size charts for the inseam length.
    bellken wrote:

blink3665 wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

if you want a 28 or 29" inseam, you ought to take a look at Uniqlo Dry-EX Ultra Stretch Ankle pants. On a taller golfer, they will look like cropped pants, but, for 5'7" and under, they should work. You can check their size charts for the inseam length.

Nice! Will definitely check these out after work today. Actually going to be down close to a Uniqlo store already.
    This thread inspired me to wear one of my pair today! Mighty comfy.

drn92
  • SullGolfSullGolf Members Posts: 8,826 ✭✭
    Tried them on today and promptly bought a couple of pairs. At $30, it's hard to go wrong. No idea how they compare to the $130 Lululemon pants, but they compare well to the $80 golf pants I typically buy.

Of course we are now approaching warmer weather (*knock on wood*). Can we get our Old Navy insiders to make some equivalent shorts?
    edited Mar 30, 2018 #46
    SullGolf wrote:

Tried them on today and promptly bought a couple of pairs. At $30, it's hard to go wrong. No idea how they compare to the $130 Lululemon pants, but they compare well to the $80 golf pants I typically buy.

Of course we are now approaching warmer weather (*knock on wood*). Can we get our Old Navy insiders to make some equivalent shorts?

We sell some awesome golf shorts, I just bought 3 new pairs today! I looked online and didn't see them, but they are lightweight, great stretch and just overall super comfy. They should be in the active section!

Edit: different material so not really the same...but I love them, I now own 6 total. It's basically all I wear during the summer.
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members Posts: 8,076 ✭✭
    Link to these?
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G25 5-U (coming soon = G410)
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    TaylorMade Hi Toe 58*
    Seemore si5
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    Here are some more pants that we just got this week for you guys to check out...very similar to the performance khakis at Gap.

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=207713032&rrec=true&mlink=5050,12413545,onproduct2_rr_1&clink=12413545
  • MCCAMCCA Members Posts: 2,867 ✭✭
    This is why the Golfwrx community is awesome everyone looking out for each other. My son just bought me a pair of Lululemon pants Wednesday not i see this, if they are close in quality i'll have him return them. By the way we need a golfwrx iphone app ASAP:) with live alerts. on forums you follow.
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,079 ✭✭
    semarlor wrote:

SullGolf wrote:

We sell some awesome golf shorts, I just bought 3 new pairs today! I looked online and didn't see them, but they are lightweight, great stretch and just overall super comfy. They should be in the active section!

Edit: different material so not really the same...but I love them, I now own 6 total. It's basically all I wear during the summer.

These are straight fit, rather than slim fit, right?

semarlor wrote:

SullGolf wrote:

These are straight fit, rather than slim fit, right?

Yeah I'd consider it a straight fit, they fit just a little looser in the leg than the pants we have been discussing. Not baggy, but a little extra room. It's basically the same fit as the other plain front shorts we carry but the material is much lighter and more comfortable.
  • OrlandogolfguruOrlandogolfguru OrlandoGolfGuru ClubWRX Posts: 2,011 ClubWRX
    I’m a thin guy. 32/34 and wore these this week in a tourney, actually a little bigger size for me (33/34) and guys told me they looked like skinny jeans. I wouldn’t say they are skinny, but they aren’t straight either. They are slim fit with a taper. Maybe they aren’t as tapered if you get them too long? I’m loving these. I just got 6 more!
    TaylorMade M6 Driver
    Mizuno ST180 Fwy
    Mizuno CLK Hyb
    Mizuno Combo JPX 919 Irons
    Mizuno S18 BI Wedges
    Spider X Putter
    Bridgestone ball, Sun Mountain Bag
  • left hand lowleft hand low Members Posts: 778 ✭✭
    You guys talking about getting some pants tailored.... where do you go get this done? I live in the suburbs of a larger city but just curious. Never had it done and could use a couple pair to be hemmed up from 32 length to about 30.

You guys talking about getting some pants tailored.... where do you go get this done? I live in the suburbs of a larger city but just curious. Never had it done and could use a couple pair to be hemmed up from 32 length to about 30.

Google is your friend. I found a great tailor about a year and a half ago who has taken care of several pair of pants, including my old navy pants.

drn92
  • theboypinoytheboypinoy Members Posts: 2,079 ✭✭
    edited Apr 1, 2018 #56

Just use Google to find tailors in your area.

Or you could find a family member that has the know-how; that's what I do. Much cheaper this way haha image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
  • PopIt&DropItPopIt&DropIt Members Posts: 248 ✭✭
    Google will answer but most dry cleaners have very affordable tailoring. Wouldn't necessarily be my first choice for getting a suit done but for hemming pants they will surely do the job right. It's an easy one for someone with know how.
    bellken wrote:

blink3665 wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

FYI, to show you all how difficult of a time I have buying pants, these are the "Ankle Pants" from Uniqlo. They should stop well above the shoe, and show off your ankles, like this:

07_187394.jpg

Well, this is how they fit me:

UlbBBFh.jpg

They are longer than normal pants should be. Life is hard being this short.
  • bellkenbellken Members Posts: 790 ✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:

bellken wrote:

blink3665 wrote:

jacobEDGE wrote:

FYI, to show you all how difficult of a time I have buying pants, these are the "Ankle Pants" from Uniqlo. They should stop well above the shoe, and show off your ankles, like this:

07_187394.jpg

Well, this is how they fit me:

UlbBBFh.jpg

They are longer than normal pants should be. Life is hard being this short.

I got to admit, that looks long and baggy. For me, I don't show any ankle, maybe a half break, and, mine seem to a bit slimmer, too, though, mine are last years model - size m (32" waist).
    bellken wrote:

I got to admit, that looks long and baggy. For me, I don't show any ankle, maybe a half break, and, mine seem to a bit slimmer, too, though, mine are last years model - size m (32" waist).

I tried on the Mediums, which according to their site have an inseam of 28.75". I still had to roll them 3x to get a decent looking length. My God, my legs are short.
  • MaitriMikeMaitriMike Members Posts: 1,587 ✭✭
    jacobEDGE wrote:

bellken wrote:

I tried on the Mediums, which according to their site have an inseam of 28.75". I still had to roll them 3x to get a decent looking length. My God, my legs are short.

LOL that made me spit out water at work.