MEMBER REVIEWS: TPT Golf Shafts!! See What They Are Saying!!!

Finally got to see what all the hype is about. Special thanks to GolfWRX, TPT Golf Shafts, and Jacques Intriere at Greenwich Golf Fitting Studio in Greenwich CT.

A little bit about me, Tall, lanky, speed to burn. Played hockey all my life thru college, didn't pick up golf until high school and have been playing pretty seriously for the past 6 years or so.

I've been playing a M3 440 9* with a Kiyoshi Black 75 05 at 44 1/4", prior to that was a 2016 M2 head with the same shaft, and my prior driver to that was a Cobra F6+ with a Matrix 8M2 in X flex. Always fought launching high and spinning high, but have hit some of the best drives of my life with the Kiyoshi Black, it's comfortable, the weight fits me well, it's familiar.

Warmed up with some 7 irons, hit a few with my gamer and then we went on to the TPT Shafts.

vsjA4yI.png

I tried the 15 LKP LT LW and the 15 MKP MT SW. Since I normally play my drivers short, and these fitting shafts were a little longer I was able to pick up some club head speed, but I've always felt I've gained speed after a hitting about 30 balls and then generally tire out after 60.

I honestly didn't notice too much of a difference between the two shafts. I've been recovering from a torn glute and am pretty much back at full strength, so we did throw out some bad balls, but overall both shafts felt and performed pretty similar for me. The one thing that I couldn't believe is how STABLE these feel. Even from the "waggle" test the 1st time it just feels I didn't hit too many cuts with it, and while my bad swings still had some bad results, overall it just wanted to go straight. While I turn over my Oban at times a little too much, the TPT seemed to want to go straight. Ball speeds across all heads were low even on shots I felt I flushed. This could be due to the balls, the fitter had chrome soft x's and they appeared to have been hit a decent amount of times, I even broke one of them during the fitting, so that's possible but all other numbers seemed decent, so not exactly sure what happened there.

It still launches a little higher and spins a little higher than what is desirable. My fitter and I both wonder if the 14.5 might help bring the launch and spin down a touch, which would help optimize my numbers, but since I was the 1st person he's fit into TPT and didn't have a 14.5 shaft we made use of what was available.

I still need to get the shaft and get it built and play a few rounds with it, let me know if anyone has any questions. And for those of you who have been worrying about breakage, was constantly swinging the TPT's 120 and over and didn't have any issues, so it seems that the problems that were had during the initial production runs has been corrected.

Which one did you ultimately get fit into?

Haven't received a shaft yet. My fitter and I are confused about who's supposed to reach out to TPT. He thinks based upon my swing and everything I'd probably be a good fit for the 14.5 seeing as I have speed to burn and could use a touch lower launch and spin, but he did not have one of those for me to try. If not I don't think the 15 MKP MT SW would be a bad fit, but my fitter said my gamer was already pretty optimal based upon what he'd seen.

If no one has told you yet, it should be your fitter reaching out. And it's pretty unlikely they'll send you anything you haven't been fit into. They're pretty adamant about it. Even with the pros.

That would be pretty disappointing seeing as the other guys getting gains out of my swing speed are all hitting shafts I never got a chance to touch. Ebay here we come.

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

Jon and I had discussions before I got out there. I let him know what type of shafts I've had success with in the past. I also let him know how good the 15 LKP/LT/LW tipped 1.5" I had in play for about a month was for me. He said we can find that feel and performance without the excessive tipping.

He wanted me to start with the 15 to get some numbers. I've been playing the TM M3 440 since January. I love this head and it was awesome for me with the TPT 15. I let Jon know this was the head for me and he had shafts ready with TM tips. Unfortunately, the head cracked after a few swings. It was a heart breaker. I got it on a trip to the Kingdom. Long story but I was told it was put aside for someone on staff after testing out perfect. It was so good to me this year.

We moved to the Ping LST 8.5, which I played before the M3. It was a little bit of an adjustment but it's a head I've always liked. After the 15, we moved to the 14 and 14.5 proto's. Like Eric said, they felt similar to the 15, just a little tighter. The spin was lower and the ball flight was considerably lower for me. No tipping required with these to get the feel I like. Anti left. My normal ball speeds are usually in the low 170's and they were around 176-78 with the 14's. I also tried the GMax in the 14 and man was it easy. Almost zero movement. I was on a very tight schedule and didn't get a chance to take many pics. But the one attached below was my first swing with the GMax . Spin was higher vs. the lst but I see why players like it.

My final build was D4 at 45" and it feels really light and fast. But I can go hard and not worry about the left side. Loving the lower, penetrating ball flight. I played yesterday at my home course. I'm thrilled with the new TPT.

I also had a chance to test the TPT iron shafts in 9, 6 and 3. I thought they were really good.

Jon gave me the best lesson I've had after lunch. You guys down there close to him are very lucky.

Happy to answer any questions.

Very nice, scott. Looks like the weather was great for you too. Enjoy the new cannon.

G400 LST - TPT proto
TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

I just hit one of these during a fitting at club champion. No clue which one, but I'm guessing it was a 15. Immediately noticed a different and unique feel. Like solid and stable. I was swinging way from the inside that day, like between 10 and 6 degrees and was able to hook the TPT just as bad, if not worse than everything else. Would love to give it a retry after addressing my delivery (I think I was just standing too far away from the ball that day for some reason), because that unique feel is stuck in my mind. The feel makes you think you can only hit it straight, but that was not the case with the one I tried and it was eliminated from contention pretty (maybe a bit too much so) quickly.

Ai Smoke ♦️♦️♦️ 9* Ventus TR Blue 6x

BRNR Mini 13.5 Kaili White 60x

TSR3 18* Ventus TR Red 7x
TSR3 24* IZ 95x
Ping Blueprint S 5-PW $-Taper 120

PING S159 50, 55, 60h 
Phantom X 7

Jon and I had discussions before I got out there. I let him know what type of shafts I've had success with in the past. I also let him know how good the 15 LKP/LT/LW tipped 1.5" I had in play for about a month was for me. He said we can find that feel and performance without the excessive tipping.

He wanted me to start with the 15 to get some numbers. I've been playing the TM M3 440 since January. I love this head and it was awesome for me with the TPT 15. I let Jon know this was the head for me and he had shafts ready with TM tips. Unfortunately, the head cracked after a few swings. It was a heart breaker. I got it on a trip to the Kingdom. I was told it was put aside for someone on staff after testing out perfect. It was so good to me this year.

We moved to the Ping LST 8.5, which I played before the M3. It was a little bit of an adjustment but it's a head I've always liked. After the 15, we moved to the 14 and 14.5 proto's. Like Eric said, they felt similar to the 15, just a little tighter. The spin was lower and the ball flight was considerably lower for me. No tipping required with these to get the feel I like. Anti left. My normal ball speeds are usually in the low 170's and they were around 176-78 with the 14's. I also tried the GMax in the 14 and man was it easy. Almost zero movement. I was on a very tight schedule and didn't get a chance to take many pics. But the one attached below was my first swing with the GMax . Spin was higher vs. the lst but I see why players like it.

My final build was D4 at 45" and it feels really light and fast. But I can go hard and not worry about the left side. Loving the lower, penetrating ball flight. I played yesterday at my home course. I'm thrilled with the new TPT.

I also had a chance to test the TPT iron shafts in 9, 6 and 3. I thought they were really good.

Jon gave me the best lesson I've had after lunch. You guys down there close to him are very lucky.

Happy to answer any questions.

Wait...what? Your head cracked? After shaft(s) cracking....

This sounds to me like the work of the Hulk.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Haha, just been on an unlucky roll. But I'm ready to turn the corner.

Played my 2nd round with the new set up today. Hit driver solid all day, consistently finding the center. This shaft feels great.

Last time around we were so wet, I wasn't getting any roll out. It was nice seeing what I did with Jon during the fitting. The flight is right where I want it.

Callaway AI Smoke TD 9 Mitsubishi Kai'li white 70TX 

Titleist TSI 16.5 Mitsubishi PD 80TX

Titleist TSR 2 24 Fujikura Ventus Black 9x

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

i recently got fit last week into a TS3 and tried these TpT shafts. Im a slow swing speed at around 86-87. I average 200 metres with a SFT G400 with a reg ping tour shaft, Being a short knocker im always after a new driver. I tried the TS3 when they came out a month or so ago and it worked well so decided to do another fitting to see if it was really better and go the chance to try the new tpt shafts

My experience was the TpT shaft wasnt for me, i actually didnt have any gains over my current setup, we ended up with the smoke 5.5, i have had two sessions over a month trying out this new driver and both times it has suited me best.

Played 3 rounds with the new setup and guess what - nothing is broken!

I’m swinging hard and hitting a lot of fairways. Launching it high with favorable spin for some strong carry numbers. Shaft feels completely stable no matter what.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Played 3 rounds with the new setup and guess what - nothing is broken!

I'm swinging hard and hitting a lot of fairways. Launching it high with favorable spin for some strong carry numbers. Shaft feels completely stable no matter what.

Same here. Played my 4th round yesterday with the new set up. Misses are manageable fades. Will not go left on me.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

i recently got fit last week into a TS3 and tried these TpT shafts. Im a slow swing speed at around 86-87. I average 200 metres with a SFT G400 with a reg ping tour shaft, Being a short knocker im always after a new driver. I tried the TS3 when they came out a month or so ago and it worked well so decided to do another fitting to see if it was really better and go the chance to try the new tpt shafts

My experience was the TpT shaft wasnt for me, i actually didnt have any gains over my current setup, we ended up with the smoke 5.5, i have had two sessions over a month trying out this new driver and both times it has suited me best.

My SS is 88-92 and I was fit into the Series 17 Low Kick. The numbers versus my Grand Bassara 39 didn't seem to make much difference but dispersion was good and sometimes, LM's don't tell the story. After a few months on the course, my playing partners were telling me the TPT shaft was the biggest difference in my game. I was getting surprisingly great distance, hitting the ball to places I'd never reached.

Sometimes, it pays to play.

Father, Wannabe Golfer, Novelist

• Ping G430 Max 9/TPT 19Hi Golf Shaft @45 in. (coming soon)
  • Ping G430 3 wd/TPT 19 Hi
  • Callaway Paradym 18/ TPT Golf 18 Hi
  • Ping G430 4H/TPT Golf
  • Ping i230 5-PW Recoil Dart 90
  • Artisan 50, 55, 59 or Ping Glide Forged Pro, Both with Nippon 105 
  • Putter:  LAB DF3 TPT Shaft (waiting)
  • Vessel Bag
  • ProV1x
  • Ping ChipR in messy or no turf conditions

Played 3 more rounds. Each time out I get more comfortable. I've made a few adjustments.

I've been playing with the Ping G400 LST 8.5. I played this head with a KK DC 70tx tipped 1" for a good part of last year and loved it. I needed the big - with that shaft. And that's what I started with. I went to neutral and then to the small + since then.

Most of the occasional misses right have become small cuts or just pretty straight. I haven't pulled one drive in 8 rounds and when I miss it's still right. I think that has more to do with just trusting I won't go left, something I've battled for too long.

For those asking about weight earlier, I'm at 45" and D4. I'm not sure if Jon switched out the weight to get there.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

Played 4 more rounds with the new setup. Shaft feels amazing. I'm not capable of overpowering this shaft. Even on my bad drives the misses are better. My buddies have noticed as well. I struggle with clubpath being to far right at times so I'm prone to hitting blocks. I hit a block the other day that just ended up in the right rough and one of my regular golf buddies said "dude with your old gamer that would have been way worse." I think he was exactly right. My wildness off the tee has been toned down a lot with the TPT.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

So now I’ve had some time with the shaft in Ping g400 Max. I had been fitted with an Epic head which I have now swapped out.

I took it into a shop with quad 4 monitor so I could compare it in depth with stock shaft and have played several rounds with it. I had determined if I could not see real difference I was going to sell it.

Nope. It stays.

When I was fitted the guy knew I was working on my swing and put me in a shaft he said gave me ‘room to grow.’

No question that this shaft starts to shine on better swings. When I get north of 90 (don’t laugh!) it absolutely leaves the stock shaft in rear view. Feel, spin, trajectory are all better. Result - longer and straighter.

I’m really grateful to have it. Thanks again to TPT and wrx.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

Ebrasmus21 and scottaz, how much tipping did you guys end up going with on the Proto shaft? After my fitter talked with TPT they came to the conclusion it will most likely fit the bill despite me having never hit it before.

Scott can likely provide a better answer to this than I based on what he went through with his prior broken shafts. My understanding is that there should be minimal tipping if any at all. Again, based on my understanding, these shafts respond poorly to tipping but hopefully when Scott sees this post he can provide details.

For what it's worth, I was not tipped in any of the TPT shafts I fit for. I have some decent speed but I'm a smooth swinger and don't load hard at the top, my release isn't late either.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

With the 15 I had one tipped 1" and the other 1.5". No tipping with the proto. Eric is right on. Completely unnecessary.

Very cool they're hooking you up. Which are you going with?

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

From what I know it's the Bryson one. When I took the call from TPT I was at work doing a bunch of things but he did mention it was the one Bryson's been playing. I think that's a 14.5? It's on it's way from Switzerland so hopefully sometime within the next few weeks I'll be able to get some swings in with it.

MKP or LKP?

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Considering my ss at 117-120 wasn't handling the 15 mkp very well and I'm back in my Hzrdus t1100 I'd love to test that 14, glad to see the positive reports...

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

It's been cold here the past week or so. Real feels in the low 30's a few rounds and today in the teens. I considered playing my back up for these colder days but I'm just enjoying it too much to leave out of the bag. No durability issues at all and it continues to impress me.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

If anyone is watching the Australian Championship John Senden’s TPT driver shaft broke mid swing right at the grip. It caused him to miss the ball.

[size=3][b][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM M3 440 - MCA Tensei Pro Orange 60TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Rogue 15 - [/font][/color][color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]MCA Tensei Pro Orange 70TX[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]CALLAWAY Apex 20 - GD Tour AD DI Hybrid[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]TM P790 4-PW - Modus 120s[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]FOURTEEN RM Tour Issue 50, 54, 60 - Modus Black 125[/font][/color][/b][/size][b]
[color=#696969][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]SCOTTY CAMERON Custom Mid Slant 009 Tour[/font][/color][/b]
[b][size=3][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]IG: dphatt[/font][/size][/b]

If anyone is watching the Australian Championship John Senden’s TPT driver shaft broke mid swing right at the grip. It caused him to miss the ball.

Holy cow, you have video?

Driver - Who knows!?

Ping G430 3W  15@14 Ventus Black 8X

Taylormade TPMC 2011 3-4 X100

Titleist 716MB 5-PW X100

Ping Glide 3.0 50, 55, 60 SS X100 50-55, S400 60

Odyssey White Hot Pro Rossie 36" CB

If anyone is watching the Australian Championship John Senden's TPT driver shaft broke mid swing right at the grip. It caused him to miss the ball.

http://www.golfwrx.com/535808/watch-john-sendens-driver-shaft-snaps-mid-swing/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Latest&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

• Taylormade Qi10 core 9* - Ventus TR Blue 6TX
  • Taylormade Tour Issue Stealth Plus+ 3 HL - Ventus Black 8TX
  • Titleist T100 4-PW - DG TI X100
  • Taylormade MG4 50SB, 56HB, 60HBW - DG TI S400
  • Artisan Blue Bonnet 0820 - LAGP TPZ One35 USA

If anyone is watching the Australian Championship John Senden's TPT driver shaft broke mid swing right at the grip. It caused him to miss the ball.

http://www.golfwrx.com/535808/watch-john-sendens-driver-shaft-snaps-mid-swing/?utm_source=Front&utm_medium=Featured_Latest&utm_campaign=GolfWRX_OnSite&utm_content=unused

Are you sure it was TPT. For some reason at thought he was a tensei Orange guy

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

http://www.golfwrx.c..._content=unused

Are you sure it was TPT. For some reason at thought he was a tensei Orange guy

I tried to get a good view of it on TV but everything was blurry. There was one still that I saw that looked like the blue box of the TPT shaft.

I went back and watched a few times. I think it was TPT.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

Looks like a TPT to me. Thought of this thread as soon as I saw it occur. TPT shafts are not something I want to try.

As awesome as these shafts perform this is still obviously a problem.

I fear TPT is one more high profile break from exiting the golf business. It would be a huge shame, I sincerely hope they figure this out.

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black

It’s a pretty nasty shock to the system when it happens at the top like that. He handled it well.

I’ll be sticking with mine. It’s too good to take out. If it snaps, I’ll move on.

Ping i230 U-4 x100

Ping s159 55 H x100

Vokey LBK s400 

I hope for TPT's sake that maybe he was in an earlier version or something of the like. Could you imagine if this had happened to Bryson during the Fed-Ex cup playoffs or even the Ryder Cup?

I was talking to Scott about this today. If this happens to Bryson coming down the stretch at Augusta it’ll be all over...

G400 LST - TPT proto
Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB Black