Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @pseudoswede said:

> > I shot a 39 with 22 putts. Fear me.

>

> Wowza.

Haha, apparently your (swede's) chipping game was strong that day! 39 is a +8 at Family Sports, right?

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Sorry I’ve been M.I.A. On here...I think it’s the new layout that makes me not visit as much. Glad to see you guys are getting out for a fun little day at the Ridge. The reason I couldn’t make it is we are doing the same thing at Mariana Butte on Saturday. We have 12 guys but a wide range of skill level so might have to get creative on the gambling we do. I think we have 3 single digit including one scratch an 11 and the rest 18+

The Ridge is an hour closer and you guys are much better, but I have to use my vouchers from the expo.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

> @brianhorne8 said:

> Non-golf question: How much fun have these playoff runs for the Nuggets and Avs been!? Anyone watching the game tonight?

I've been watching every game of every series in the NHL playoffs. Some real late bed times lately. Last night's between Blues & Stars was insane. I'll definitely be watching tonight.

Proudly wearing my Blues jersey into work today (and my kid wore her's to school). It's also a great coincidence that students were asked to wear blue and gold today to support the STEM School. My nephew is a 3rd grader there, and he's still trying to process what happened.

It looks like we have eight for Saturday. I'll send out an e-mail later today.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Titleist Vokey SM2 Red Saw 60° (to be retired)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot) (soon)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

So just had someone bail on the Mariana Butte outing if anyone on here is interested. Tee Times are starting at 10:30am Saturday

I will warn you that we are not going to be in full dude-bro mode but this will be a fun outing. Drinking and light gambling will be happening. We also have a wide range of skill so there is also that factor.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=1] [/size][/font]

So the top 100 public USA list is out. Been lucky to play more than I thought, but very glad to see #42 - Wilderness Club make the list finally. Been telling people how impressive it is.

Sure NOT easy to get to but I would bet it will move up the list as more reviewers (cough cough you know who you are on here LOL) make it up there since it made the list and will draw more attention.

Edit: https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-public-courses-ranking

> @pseudoswede said:

> Proudly wearing my Blues jersey into work today (and my kid wore her's to school). It's also a great coincidence that students were asked to wear blue and gold today to support the STEM School. My nephew is a 3rd grader there, and he's still trying to process what happened.

>

> It looks like we have eight for Saturday. I'll send out an e-mail later today.

Its a sad situation... We told our staff to wear blue-gold today which all did in support. Lucky, I know odd to say given the situation but it could of been so much worse.

> @CDM said:

> > @pseudoswede said:

> > Proudly wearing my Blues jersey into work today (and my kid wore her's to school). It's also a great coincidence that students were asked to wear blue and gold today to support the STEM School. My nephew is a 3rd grader there, and he's still trying to process what happened.

> >

> > It looks like we have eight for Saturday. I'll send out an e-mail later today.

>

> Its a sad situation... We told our staff to wear blue-gold today which all did in support. Lucky, I know odd to say given the situation but it could of been so much worse.

I told my wife yesterday that when we're saying "At least only one died" as a positive, we're f***ed as a society.

> @CDM said:

> So the top 100 public USA list is out. Been lucky to play more than I thought, but very glad to see #42 - Wilderness Club make the list finally. Been telling people how impressive it is.

>

> Sure NOT easy to get to but I would bet it will move up the list as more reviewers (cough cough you know who you are on here LOL) make it up there since it made the list and will draw more attention.

>

> Edit: https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-public-courses-ranking

>

Bandon Trails is 100x better than Old Macdonald; it’s criminal to have it ranked 4 spots lower. I haven’t had even the slightest desire to play it since I’ve been out here haha

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @pseudoswede said:

> > > Proudly wearing my Blues jersey into work today (and my kid wore her's to school). It's also a great coincidence that students were asked to wear blue and gold today to support the STEM School. My nephew is a 3rd grader there, and he's still trying to process what happened.

> > >

> > > It looks like we have eight for Saturday. I'll send out an e-mail later today.

> >

> > Its a sad situation... We told our staff to wear blue-gold today which all did in support. Lucky, I know odd to say given the situation but it could of been so much worse.

>

> I told my wife yesterday that when we're saying "At least only one died" as a positive, we're f***ed as a society.

Sadly Brian I agree. I grew up on a farm and hunting my entire life. I have always owned guns and still do. I grew up in a state that per capita has more guns than almost any state in the US and there is almost no violent gun crimes ever.

I still believe as citizens of our country everyone has personal choice rights as it is that backbone to what made this country, but having a 16 year daughter I worry at times. AT some point something has to change to have some better control. The issue I really struggle with is trying to figure out how they even get access to them as minors.... do people not own gun safes?

• Like 1

> @CDM said:

> So the top 100 public USA list is out. Been lucky to play more than I thought, but very glad to see #42 - Wilderness Club make the list finally. Been telling people how impressive it is.

>

> Sure NOT easy to get to but I would bet it will move up the list as more reviewers (cough cough you know who you are on here LOL) make it up there since it made the list and will draw more attention.

>

> Edit: https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-public-courses-ranking

>

Both Wilderness club and Marquette GC in Michigan just needed more of us to make it lol. Previous years they didn't make the lists because not enough panelists made it out to them. To be considered best public, you need 35 different evaluations over 10 years. Shows you how few of us make it to remote courses every year.

> @Queso said:

> > @CDM said:

> > So the top 100 public USA list is out. Been lucky to play more than I thought, but very glad to see #42 - Wilderness Club make the list finally. Been telling people how impressive it is.

> >

> > Sure NOT easy to get to but I would bet it will move up the list as more reviewers (cough cough you know who you are on here LOL) make it up there since it made the list and will draw more attention.

> >

> > Edit: https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-public-courses-ranking

> >

>

> Bandon Trails is 100x better than Old Macdonald; it’s criminal to have it ranked 4 spots lower. I haven’t had even the slightest desire to play it since I’ve been out here haha

Really? I love Old Mac. It allows you to hit all types of shots. I guess the knock would be, you can easily 3 or even 4 putt. Anyway, I'll probably hit you up next year when Sheep Ranch opens.

> @irvtrain said:

> > @Queso said:

> > > @CDM said:

> > > So the top 100 public USA list is out. Been lucky to play more than I thought, but very glad to see #42 - Wilderness Club make the list finally. Been telling people how impressive it is.

> > >

> > > Sure NOT easy to get to but I would bet it will move up the list as more reviewers (cough cough you know who you are on here LOL) make it up there since it made the list and will draw more attention.

> > >

> > > Edit: https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/americas-100-greatest-public-courses-ranking

> > >

> >

> > Bandon Trails is 100x better than Old Macdonald; it’s criminal to have it ranked 4 spots lower. I haven’t had even the slightest desire to play it since I’ve been out here haha

>

> Really? I love Old Mac. It allows you to hit all types of shots. I guess the knock would be, you can easily 3 or even 4 putt. Anyway, I'll probably hit you up next year when Sheep Ranch opens.

I mean, that’s just my opinion....there’s a strong contingent of folks who love it. I feel like there’s almost always at least one person from my group who’s all about it. For me, it’s kinda bland - I like 1,3 & 4, but 5-13 are all pretty meh for me. The finish is pretty good with 14-18 all being pretty strong holes. One of my other main beefs with it is that it’s not a very fair course; you can hit good shots and end up fvcked, or terrible shots and end up 3 feet away. I can see the appeal in OM in that you have chances for trick shots and such, but Trails suits my eye much better, is a truer test, and is far prettier IMO.

Definitely let me know when you come out next year! I’ll try to keep you guys in the loop with sheep ranch developments...they’re movin fast out there for sure!

• Like 1

> @"seven dewey" said:

> So just had someone bail on the Mariana Butte outing if anyone on here is interested. Tee Times are starting at 10:30am Saturday

>

> I will warn you that we are not going to be in full dude-bro mode but this will be a fun outing. Drinking and light gambling will be happening. We also have a wide range of skill so there is also that factor.

I was out by Mariana Butte today. Man does it look good. Lot of moisture there today though, might still be a little damp on Saturday.

For you guys that like to play tournament golf, I've put together a compiled calendar of all of the events that I could think of. This calendar has CGA, GCAT, GWAT and CommonGround men's club events in it. Feel free to add anything if you want. Just thought it was nice to have them all in one place.

[https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=bXFqNW10ZHVjdWMxMnZoaHMybTBhNDJrNGNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ](https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=bXFqNW10ZHVjdWMxMnZoaHMybTBhNDJrNGNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ "https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=bXFqNW10ZHVjdWMxMnZoaHMybTBhNDJrNGNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ")

• Like 2

> @CSURam_06 said:

> For you guys that like to play tournament golf, I've put together a compiled calendar of all of the events that I could think of. This calendar has CGA, GCAT, GWAT and CommonGround men's club events in it. Feel free to add anything if you want. Just thought it was nice to have them all in one place.

>

> [https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=bXFqNW10ZHVjdWMxMnZoaHMybTBhNDJrNGNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ](https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=bXFqNW10ZHVjdWMxMnZoaHMybTBhNDJrNGNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ "https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=bXFqNW10ZHVjdWMxMnZoaHMybTBhNDJrNGNAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ")

Very cool list. I will add FRGC to the mix when I have some time.

> @Dancin said:

> Good deal at Lakota Canyon Ranch if you're heading out there at all this summer. $99 for a twosome with free replay.

> https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

Thanks... snagged one!

_I went to the golf expo this year thinking Lakota would have a deal there but did not. I did pick up the Ironbridge discount chips. Might make a quick weekend trip out of it. _

Edit: Love how the Italic does not work in the new forum lol

> @Dancin said:

> Good deal at Lakota Canyon Ranch if you're heading out there at all this summer. $99 for a twosome with free replay.

> https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

Dang, that's not bad.

If anyone wants to grab one of these and doesn't have a person to take with...I'd be down to split the deal! Go out there and get 36 holes in sometime.

> @jacobEDGE said:

> > @Dancin said:

> > Good deal at Lakota Canyon Ranch if you're heading out there at all this summer. $99 for a twosome with free replay.

> > https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

>

> Dang, that's not bad.

>

> If anyone wants to grab one of these and doesn't have a person to take with...I'd be down to split the deal! Go out there and get 36 holes in sometime.

I think I'm about to grab one. You want to split and find a time in July to go?

> @jacobEDGE said:

> > @Dancin said:

> > Good deal at Lakota Canyon Ranch if you're heading out there at all this summer. $99 for a twosome with free replay.

> > https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

>

> Dang, that's not bad.

>

> If anyone wants to grab one of these and doesn't have a person to take with...I'd be down to split the deal! Go out there and get 36 holes in sometime.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @jacobEDGE said:

> > > @Dancin said:

> > > Good deal at Lakota Canyon Ranch if you're heading out there at all this summer. $99 for a twosome with free replay.

> > > https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

> >

> > Dang, that's not bad.

> >

> > If anyone wants to grab one of these and doesn't have a person to take with...I'd be down to split the deal! Go out there and get 36 holes in sometime.

>

> I think I'm about to grab one. You want to split and find a time in July to go?

Let me know if you guys do get one. Maybe make foursome and pick a date we can get in 36 holes. Also take one vehicle.

Edit: note when you buy there will be a green link to print the voucher. I did since I was at the office and glad I did as I see the email they send is just payment confirmation, have not seen an email for the voucher.

> @CDM said:

> > @jacobEDGE said:

> > > @Dancin said:

> > > Good deal at Lakota Canyon Ranch if you're heading out there at all this summer. $99 for a twosome with free replay.

> > > https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

> >

> > Dang, that's not bad.

> >

> > If anyone wants to grab one of these and doesn't have a person to take with...I'd be down to split the deal! Go out there and get 36 holes in sometime.

>

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @jacobEDGE said:

> > > > @Dancin said:

> > > > Good deal at Lakota Canyon Ranch if you're heading out there at all this summer. $99 for a twosome with free replay.

> > > > https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

> > >

> > > Dang, that's not bad.

> > >

> > > If anyone wants to grab one of these and doesn't have a person to take with...I'd be down to split the deal! Go out there and get 36 holes in sometime.

> >

> > I think I'm about to grab one. You want to split and find a time in July to go?

>

> Let me know if you guys do get one. Maybe make foursome and pick a date we can get in 36 holes. Also take one vehicle.

>

> Edit: note when you buy there will be a green link to print the voucher. I did since I was at the office and glad I did as I see the email they send is just payment confirmation, have not seen an email for the voucher.

I realized I can't buy as I'm not a CGA member. And with this head's up, I also don't have a printer! No purchase today.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @CDM said:

> > > @jacobEDGE said:

> > > > @Dancin said:

> > > > Good deal at Lakota Canyon Ranch if you're heading out there at all this summer. $99 for a twosome with free replay.

> > > > https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

> > >

> > > Dang, that's not bad.

> > >

> > > If anyone wants to grab one of these and doesn't have a person to take with...I'd be down to split the deal! Go out there and get 36 holes in sometime.

> >

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > @jacobEDGE said:

> > > > > @Dancin said:

> > > > > Good deal at Lakota Canyon Ranch if you're heading out there at all this summer. $99 for a twosome with free replay.

> > > > > https://pricelooper.com/w/b355fea03acd2ba7

> > > >

> > > > Dang, that's not bad.

> > > >

> > > > If anyone wants to grab one of these and doesn't have a person to take with...I'd be down to split the deal! Go out there and get 36 holes in sometime.

> > >

> > > I think I'm about to grab one. You want to split and find a time in July to go?

> >

> > Let me know if you guys do get one. Maybe make foursome and pick a date we can get in 36 holes. Also take one vehicle.

> >

> > Edit: note when you buy there will be a green link to print the voucher. I did since I was at the office and glad I did as I see the email they send is just payment confirmation, have not seen an email for the voucher.

>

> I realized I can't buy as I'm not a CGA member. And with this head's up, I also don't have a printer! No purchase today.

Never thought about it, just logged in and bought but am a CGA member.

Amazing day at The Ridge today. Too bad our games didn't show up. I shot a fabulous 52-38. thaar carried me on the front nine and I somehow was able to make some clutch putts to close out Brian and Joker 3&2.

It's great that we have a fantastic subforum with a great group of guys. Looking forward to more golf with you all.

> @pseudoswede said:

> Amazing day at The Ridge today. Too bad our games didn't show up. I shot a fabulous 52-38. thaar carried me on the front nine and I somehow was able to make some clutch putts to close out Brian and Joker 3&2.

>

> It's great that we have a fantastic subforum with a great group of guys. Looking forward to more golf with you all.

Was looking forward to hearing an update.