Colorado WRX 2019

pseudoswede

@thaar said:

> I'll be playing GVR this weekend, so I'll let you know how course conditions are.

GVR is in decent shape right now, but still needs improvement in some areas. The greens are rolling pretty good for the most part, and there is some winter damage on some holes where I felt like GUR should have been noted. Pace of play was pretty good out there surprisingly for a holiday weekend. They have new carts where you can message the pro shop if pace of play gets bad. The new GPS system is pretty nice too particularly for knowing distance to bunkers and front/back of greens, but I still rely on shooting flags for distance to the pin. It looked like there was a Bluetooth option too – not sure what it is for, but could be to stream music from your phone.

We also played Fox Hollow Saturday. I don’t think I have ever played there where pace of play wasn’t awful. They even have marshals out there which makes it even worse. Nonetheless, I continue to play pretty good golf lately. Most of my scores have been low to mid-80’s this year. I haven’t played this well since pre-kids which is fun. My pessimistic side has a small voice in the back of my head telling me not to get too excited as my old crappy game will soon return lol. I’d really like to get to single digits this year, and thus far, I’m certainly trending in the right direction down to a 11.5 from a 12.6 from the handful of rounds I’ve played.

• Like 1

Cobra LTDx LS - Oban Kiyoshi HB-65
Cobra F8 4w - Tour AD IZ-7s
Cobra 4h - SmacWrap 780 ES x
Cobra Forged Tec Black - AMT x100
Titleist Vokey 50/54/58 SM9
Edel E-1

Played Red Hawk Ridge Monday afternoon and really enjoyed it. Fun routing and the greens were in great shape given the weather. For $68, it was a fantastic deal. Playing the Ridge at Castle Pines for a charity outing this Sunday to double up on my "ridge" courses. Hope everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend. PS: Thaaaaaaat close on the par-3 11th...my entrance to the hole-in-one club will have to wait!

ib5pcxyfk7bj.jpg

• Like 2

Callaway Epic Flash 9* 
Callaway Epic 3W 15*
Titleist 818 H1 19* 
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-iron 2* flat KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Srixon Z785 5-P 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff 1/4inch short
50 SM7 F Grind 2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
54, 58 SM7 M Grind  2*flat KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Studio Select Laguna 2 33' 2*flat

I played Murphy Creek on Sunday and it was not in particularly great shape. The fairways were all really shaggy and not cut particularly short, which I could attribute to the rain and snow we've been having. There was still a lot of winter kill in a lot of areas. I guess my biggest frustration was the greens. They were rolling pretty darn quick, but it seems like it still hasn't recovered from aeration. They seemed really bump to me, which given how fast they were running was a little confusing. I think I'll wait to play it again for at least a month.

Made a quick trip back this weekend to visit the fam while Bandon hosted the four ball & got out on Todd Creek....the greens are rolling great, but $75?! They don’t even include range balls in your rate anymore because the new pro is “all about the cash” (guy in the proshop’s words, not mine)....can’t say I’ll be rushing back there when there are 4-5 courses within 15 minutes that are better and/or cheaper.

Squeaked out a 78 with a bag from the mid 00s and a child sized putter & played in 4 hours flat on memorial though, so it was a nice surprise.

• Like 1

> @cnoreen said:

> Has anyone played Spring Valley recently? I am trying to squeeze in a quick round on Saturday and they have early morning tee times.

I'll let you know. Playing a company event there tomorrow.

Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

> @CSURam_06 said:

> I played Murphy Creek on Sunday and it was not in particularly great shape. The fairways were all really shaggy and not cut particularly short, which I could attribute to the rain and snow we've been having. There was still a lot of winter kill in a lot of areas. I guess my biggest frustration was the greens. They were rolling pretty darn quick, but it seems like it still hasn't recovered from aeration. They seemed really bump to me, which given how fast they were running was a little confusing. I think I'll wait to play it again for at least a month.

I did the men's club on Saturday and the greens for as rough as they seemed are rolling fast. I will concur it was fairly rough and needs some TLC r. _Playing partner was frustrated and keep saying they should blow up 7 of the greens hahahah_

> @LooperCon said:

> Made a quick trip back this weekend to visit the fam while Bandon hosted the four ball & got out on Todd Creek....the greens are rolling great, but $75?! They don’t even include range balls in your rate anymore because the new pro is “all about the cash” (guy in the proshop’s words, not mine)....can’t say I’ll be rushing back there when there are 4-5 courses within 15 minutes that are better and/or cheaper.

>

> Squeaked out a 78 with a bag from the mid 00s and a child sized putter & played in 4 hours flat on memorial though, so it was a nice surprise.

They usually have a couple times a day online that are discounted. Seems like they rely more on memberships because there can't be that many people paying their regular rates. I do like it though as it's one of the few Arthur Hills designs I've played that doesn't have a bunch of really stupid holes.

> @Dancin said:

> > @LooperCon said:

> > Made a quick trip back this weekend to visit the fam while Bandon hosted the four ball & got out on Todd Creek....the greens are rolling great, but $75?! They don’t even include range balls in your rate anymore because the new pro is “all about the cash” (guy in the proshop’s words, not mine)....can’t say I’ll be rushing back there when there are 4-5 courses within 15 minutes that are better and/or cheaper.

> >

> > Squeaked out a 78 with a bag from the mid 00s and a child sized putter & played in 4 hours flat on memorial though, so it was a nice surprise.

>

> They usually have a couple times a day online that are discounted. Seems like they rely more on memberships because there can't be that many people paying their regular rates. I do like it though as it's one of the few Arthur Hills designs I've played that doesn't have a bunch of really stupid holes.

You’re right, and usually my buddy and I woulda hopped on those, but Monday afternoon looked questionable weather-wise, so we had to go rack rate. I do like the course though, but I think co ntl is better & slightly cheaper.

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> At the Air Force Academy do we want to play Blue or Silver?

Blue. But play both for a nice 36 hole days.

• Like 1
Mizuno JPX900 EvoIII S (weights center channel port 1 & 2)
Mizuno GT190 Atmos Blue 6S
Mizuno CLK 19* Speeder EVO HB S
Titleist 4i AMT S300
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-G KBS Tour
Mizuno S18 54.8/58.8
Carbon Ringo 1/4
Balls : 2017 ProV1x / KSig / Vice Pro+

> @masamitsu said:

> > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > At the Air Force Academy do we want to play Blue or Silver?

>

> Blue. But play both for a nice 36 hole days.

I've always been under the impression you have to be in the military, but I'm now realizing I've likely been very wrong and haven't played a course I've wanted to play for quite some time!

> @brianhorne8 said:

>

> I've always been under the impression you have to be in the military, but I'm now realizing I've likely been very wrong and haven't played a course I've wanted to play for quite some time!

Correct. You have to just know someone that has access to the course. In my golf league's case, someone is friends with the head pro.

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @pseudoswede said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> >

> > I've always been under the impression you have to be in the military, but I'm now realizing I've likely been very wrong and haven't played a course I've wanted to play for quite some time!

>

> Correct. You have to just know someone that has access to the course. In my golf league's case, someone is friends with the head pro.

Their online booking system makes it sound like you don't even need that. So it is more difficult than just making a time.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @pseudoswede said:

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > >

> > > I've always been under the impression you have to be in the military, but I'm now realizing I've likely been very wrong and haven't played a course I've wanted to play for quite some time!

> >

> > Correct. You have to just know someone that has access to the course. In my golf league's case, someone is friends with the head pro.

>

> Their online booking system makes it sound like you don't even need that. So it is more difficult than just making a time.

I think you have to show some sort of ID when you go to play. If you find out anything different let us know. I'd love to go play down there again sometime.

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @masamitsu said:

> > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > At the Air Force Academy do we want to play Blue or Silver?

> >

> > Blue. But play both for a nice 36 hole days.

>

> I've always been under the impression you have to be in the military, but I'm now realizing I've likely been very wrong and haven't played a course I've wanted to play for quite some time!

My son-in-law is here - he's in the navy and wants to play there before they head to Guam in a few weeks. I don't think you need to be in the service to get a tee time or play there. I'll find out tomorrow. The rate is incredible for service members and that makes me very happy.

> @DaVinciGolf said:

> > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > @masamitsu said:

> > > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > > At the Air Force Academy do we want to play Blue or Silver?

> > >

> > > Blue. But play both for a nice 36 hole days.

> >

> > I've always been under the impression you have to be in the military, but I'm now realizing I've likely been very wrong and haven't played a course I've wanted to play for quite some time!

>

> My son-in-law is here - he's in the navy and wants to play there before they head to Guam in a few weeks. I don't think you need to be in the service to get a tee time or play there. I'll find out tomorrow. The rate is incredible for service members and that makes me very happy.

Please let me know!

Playing Legacy Ridge for the first time on Sunday. Anything I should know? Like are there a lot of trees on the right side of the fairway?

Live in Colorado? Visit Colorado WRX!

Ping G410 LST 9° Ventus Black 7X

Callaway Apex Pro 2H 18° MMT 80 HB XS
Ping S55 3-PW DG X100 (orange dot)
Ping Glide 52°, 56° (orange dot)

Ping Glide 4.0 60° (orange dot)
Odyssey Works Big T V-Line CS 33.5"
Front Range Golf Club (frgclub.com)

> @pseudoswede said:

> Playing Legacy Ridge for the first time on Sunday. Anything I should know? Like are there a lot of trees on the right side of the fairway?

Your draw will work nicely on a couple of the holes where water is right. Play shorter clubs off the tee, if I remember correctly. Even I was running out of fairway on a lot of the bid downhill shots.

• Like 1

> @brianhorne8 said:

> > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > @brianhorne8 said:

> > > > @masamitsu said:

> > > > > @DaVinciGolf said:

> > > > > At the Air Force Academy do we want to play Blue or Silver?

> > > >

> > > > Blue. But play both for a nice 36 hole days.

> > >

> > > I've always been under the impression you have to be in the military, but I'm now realizing I've likely been very wrong and haven't played a course I've wanted to play for quite some time!

> >

> > My son-in-law is here - he's in the navy and wants to play there before they head to Guam in a few weeks. I don't think you need to be in the service to get a tee time or play there. I'll find out tomorrow. The rate is incredible for service members and that makes me very happy.

>

> Please let me know!

Made a time for Friday morning. No issues at all. Got a confirmation email. No questions about military association or anything that made believe the tee time was not solid.

• Like 1

Ute Creek if anyone gets in the area is in excellent shape. Played with a few guys who are doing the CGA State match play qualifier on Tuesday. Played tough from the tips at 7100+ and pretty thick rough. Shot 39-41 with zero birds...so that bad streak continues.. =) I forgot how small some of those geens are. If you have not been there in a while it catches you off guard. You think your on the green and find your short or long by 5-8 yards alot.

_Edit: Just looked at the card notes and the two doubles I had were do to missed fairways. If anyone is playing it this week for the CGA... stay in the fairway lol_

> @CDM said:

> Ute Creek if anyone gets in the area is in excellent shape. Played with a few guys who are doing the CGA State match play qualifier on Tuesday. Played tough from the tips at 7100+ and pretty thick rough. Shot 39-41 with zero birds...so that bad streak continues.. =) I forgot how small some of those geens are. If you have not been there in a while it catches you off guard. You think your on the green and find your short or long by 5-8 yards alot.

>

> _Edit: Just looked at the card notes and the two doubles I had were do to missed fairways. If anyone is playing it this week for the CGA... stay in the fairway lol_

How was pace? My in laws are in Longmont and I play at Ute Creek quite a bit. I really like the course but the pace of play gets crraaaazy bad out there.