2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)

> @scomac2002 said:

> WEll, it was interesting for about five minutes, but there was no Normanesque collapse to be had just as surely as DJ coming up just a bit light once again. Sorry to say, but it was a ho hum affair that was over 2 days ago. I will say this much, the average tour stop going PGA fan appears to be well up on the moron scale what with their insistance of not providing adequate allowance for Koepka to make his second shot after his drive went wide left into the fescue. Tour officials and State Troopers no less tried to push them back but to no avail. They simply wouldn't budge. Nothing like staring down a PGA pro about to hit and iron shot that would come out of the grass at deadly velocity with a dumb grin on your face and the cellphone camera in hand ready to take that once-in-a-lifetime shot... :confounded:

Perhaps if you take one or two out then the rest will get the message. Always thought there was not much brain power in many of those that attend these events, one day someone is going to be struck fatally with a golf ball.

• Like 2

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > So, on a more trivial matter............PGA Championship this week in it's new slot.

> > > Anyone making a pick? Must confess I will be rooting for Tiger. Haven't checked

> > > the weather. Bethpage Black might be dicey this time of year. I hope the weather

> > > will be good. Now that I'm thinking of it, I'll go take a look.

> > >

> > > EDIT: weather looks good. A chance of rain Friday

> > > but 0 chance of rain on the weekend. Temps in

> > > mid to upper 60s during the day and low/mid 50s

> > > at night. Great golf weather, actually.

> >

> > I want Tiger, I'm picking Brooks Koepka

>

> Well, since I got the PGA right, If anybody wants to know in advance, for the Open, I'm picking Tommy Fleetwood for that one...

> you're welcome... ha

> B)

If this one is correct I may have to start betting on your predictions.

As for betting, this Saturday we had a general election which is the equivalent of your presidential election. The bookmakers decided the incumbent party could never win and set the odds accordingly, to further set their prediction in stone they paid out winning bets two days before the election was run, one man was paid $125,000, in total they pre paid several million dollars. Oops, the certain could never ever lose party lost so they paid out when they should have waited for a result, it’s the same as paying out on a horse race the day before the race is run.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > > @Conrad1953 said:

> > > > So, on a more trivial matter............PGA Championship this week in it's new slot.

> > > > Anyone making a pick? Must confess I will be rooting for Tiger. Haven't checked

> > > > the weather. Bethpage Black might be dicey this time of year. I hope the weather

> > > > will be good. Now that I'm thinking of it, I'll go take a look.

> > > >

> > > > EDIT: weather looks good. A chance of rain Friday

> > > > but 0 chance of rain on the weekend. Temps in

> > > > mid to upper 60s during the day and low/mid 50s

> > > > at night. Great golf weather, actually.

> > >

> > > I want Tiger, I'm picking Brooks Koepka

> >

> > Well, since I got the PGA right, If anybody wants to know in advance, for the Open, I'm picking Tommy Fleetwood for that one...

> > you're welcome... ha

> > B)

>

> If this one is correct I may have to start betting on your predictions.

>

> As for betting, this Saturday we had a general election which is the equivalent of your presidential election. The bookmakers decided the incumbent party could never win and set the odds accordingly, to further set their prediction in stone they paid out winning bets two days before the election was run, one man was paid $125,000, in total they pre paid several million dollars. Oops, the certain could never ever lose party lost so they paid out when they should have waited for a result, it’s the same as paying out on a horse race the day before the race is run.

Come to Canada; there's nothing more certain it would seem than an election upset of a sure thing. I've lost track of the number of times in this province that the can't miss party lost come election day. It happens so routinely in fact that I wonder why anyone would engage in attempting to call an election result!

It's a bit different federally though as when the mood is in the air for change it will wash over like a flood with the outgoing party often reduced to non-official status.

• Like 2

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Has anyone heard from Fella? Seems like he's been away from us

longer than he has been in the past. I do hope he's OK. He mentioned

he was going through the hoops to get a CPAP machine.

• Like 1

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition Driver 10.5 w/TFC 50D

Ping Rapture V2 50th Anniversary Edition 3W 16 w/TFC 50F

Ping Rapture V2 5W 19 w/TFC 939F

Ping G410 Hybrid 22 w/Accra FX 2.0 

Callaway RAZR X 5-SW w/Callaway Steel Uniflex

Ping Gorge Tour 60 Lob Wedge w/KBS Wedge

SLED Gemini

> @Conrad1953 said:

> Has anyone heard from Fella? Seems like he's been away from us

> longer than he has been in the past. I do hope he's OK. He mentioned

> he was going through the hoops to get a CPAP machine.

I'm not privy to any details, but I do recall him alluding to certain family issues that he was dealing with. I assumed that was actually a much bigger deal than the CPAP by the way in which he quickly mentioned them and then moved on.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

@scomac2002 Glad you are making good progress on your move and that you have some good help.

@Wriggles Good to hear you are getting out for some golf. Keep swinging.

@Reasonability Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. It will rock your world in the best way! And good to hear you made some real progress in your fight for your mom. Your experience is a deja vu for us. It is such a game and sadly has to be played.

I got to play Sun in a 2 man scramble at our club. We 3 putted the first 2 greens! TUREABLE! The first was from only 15 ft. I missed a 2 ft. tap in and so did my partner. The next hole had an impossible pin placement if you were above the hole. We tapped it and it almost came to a stop by the hole but then picked up speed and ran to the front fringe. We both missed the 12 ft. up hill putt. We finally made birds on 9 and 10 and then pars the rest of the way for even par and good enough for tie for 2nd net so not all bad.

I got my antique Railroad safe moved from the office to my garage last week. I hired two guys with a delivery truck with a power lift gate and a pallet jack and a power dolly. It was a big job getting it out of the office.

Working 3 days this week and 2 next week and DUN :smiley:

fyuu44a5o832.png

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scotee said:

> @scomac2002 Glad you are making good progress on your move and that you have some good help.

> @Wriggles Good to hear you are getting out for some golf. Keep swinging.

> @Reasonability Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. It will rock your world in the best way! And good to hear you made some real progress in your fight for your mom. Your experience is a deja vu for us. It is such a game and sadly has to be played.

>

> I got to play Sun in a 2 man scramble at our club. We 3 putted the first 2 greens! TUREABLE! The first was from only 15 ft. I missed a 2 ft. tap in and so did my partner. The next hole had an impossible pin placement if you were above the hole. We tapped it and it almost came to a stop by the hole but then picked up speed and ran to the front fringe. We both missed the 12 ft. up hill putt. We finally made birds on 9 and 10 and then pars the rest of the way for even par and good enough for tie for 2nd net so not all bad.

>

> I got my antique Railroad safe moved from the office to my garage last week. I hired two guys with a delivery truck with a power lift gate and a pallet jack and a power dolly. It was a big job getting it out of the office.

>

> Working 3 days this week and 2 next week and DUN :smiley:

>

> fyuu44a5o832.png

>

Good place to keep your golf balls, tees, gloves etc, all the little bits that get lost, no excuse any more.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @scotee said:

> @scomac2002 Glad you are making good progress on your move and that you have some good help.

> @Wriggles Good to hear you are getting out for some golf. Keep swinging.

> @Reasonability Congratulations on the birth of your grandson. It will rock your world in the best way! And good to hear you made some real progress in your fight for your mom. Your experience is a deja vu for us. It is such a game and sadly has to be played.

>

> I got to play Sun in a 2 man scramble at our club. We 3 putted the first 2 greens! TUREABLE! The first was from only 15 ft. I missed a 2 ft. tap in and so did my partner. The next hole had an impossible pin placement if you were above the hole. We tapped it and it almost came to a stop by the hole but then picked up speed and ran to the front fringe. We both missed the 12 ft. up hill putt. We finally made birds on 9 and 10 and then pars the rest of the way for even par and good enough for tie for 2nd net so not all bad.

>

> I got my antique Railroad safe moved from the office to my garage last week. I hired two guys with a delivery truck with a power lift gate and a pallet jack and a power dolly. It was a big job getting it out of the office.

>

> Working 3 days this week and 2 next week and DUN :smiley:

>

> fyuu44a5o832.png

>

Is that DUN as in leaving DUN, retirement DUN. if it is good for you. Welcome to the ranks of the overworked. ?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

>

> Is that DUN as in leaving DUN, retirement DUN. if it is good for you. **Welcome to the ranks of the overworked**. ?

I don't know, but there maybe more truth to that than you realize. I know that I've been awfully busy as of late and will continue to be so engaged for the foreseeable future... :tired_face:

[Added]

Yesterday's project was putting together a barbeque. When I bought my Escape a couple of years ago I got a barbeque as a part of the dealer's summer promotion. I had not need for it at the time and tried to sell it, but had no takers even at half price for brand new in the box. I remember that my son's neighbours were intersted, but they thought that they should get it for free because I didn't pay for it. (I told them it was the most expensive barbeque I had ever bought!)

Fast forward two years and we sold the existing barbeque with the house so all of a sudden I had a need because the new place didn't come with one. It isn't particularly fancy, but it will do, just the inconvenience of a propane cylinder versus a direct connection to NG. It took DW and I a bit over two hours and we weren't suing for divorce when we were done, so I guess it worked out okay. Certainly a better experience than paperhanging...

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

Golf league tonight, I'm 3 for 3... should I try a Koepka? "There's 30 [players] in the field, so you figure at least 15 of them are just going to get beat,". "You figure about half of them won't play well from there, so you're down to about maybe 7. And then from 7, some of them just - pressure is going to get to them. It only leaves you with a few more, and you've just got to beat those guys." hahaha

Actually looking forward to playing again, weather is nice, temp is supposed to be about 65*, beautiful day. We're playing on the whacky side of the course, the wilderness, seems like each fairway is either / or \ tilted in some way or other, then the greens are either / or \ tilted in some way or other. This makes for lots of fun actually, a challenge. Only hole with flat fairway is 18 but fairway and green have a lot of water. It's a fairly short par 4 but the water makes it the #1 handicap hole on the course. Should be a zoo, fun, fun...

• Like 2

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Golf league tonight, I'm 3 for 3... should I try a Koepka? "There's 30 [players] in the field, so you figure at least 15 of them are just going to get beat,". "You figure about half of them won't play well from there, so you're down to about maybe 7. And then from 7, some of them just - pressure is going to get to them. It only leaves you with a few more, and you've just got to beat those guys." hahaha

>

> Actually looking forward to playing again, weather is nice, temp is supposed to be about 65*, beautiful day. We're playing on the whacky side of the course, the wilderness, seems like each fairway is either / or \ tilted in some way or other, then the greens are either / or \ tilted in some way or other. This makes for lots of fun actually, a challenge. Only hole with flat fairway is 18 but fairway and green have a lot of water. It's a fairly short par 4 but the water makes it the #1 handicap hole on the course. Should be a zoo, fun, fun...

I like the way you are thinking. With that logic my money is on @SixtySomePing

• Like 1

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> >

> > Is that DUN as in leaving DUN, retirement DUN. if it is good for you. **Welcome to the ranks of the overworked**. ?

>

> I don't know, but there maybe more truth to that than you realize. I know that I've been awfully busy as of late and will continue to be so engaged for the foreseeable future... :tired_face:

>

> [Added]

> Yesterday's project was putting together a barbeque. When I bought my Escape a couple of years ago I got a barbeque as a part of the dealer's summer promotion. I had not need for it at the time and tried to sell it, but had no takers even at half price for brand new in the box. I remember that my son's neighbours were intersted, but they thought that they should get it for free because I didn't pay for it. (I told them it was the most expensive barbeque I had ever bought!)

>

> Fast forward two years and we sold the existing barbeque with the house so all of a sudden I had a need because the new place didn't come with one. It isn't particularly fancy, but it will do, just the inconvenience of a propane cylinder versus a direct connection to NG. It took DW and I a bit over two hours and we weren't suing for divorce when we were done, so I guess it worked out okay. Certainly a better experience than paperhanging...

>

>

Paperhanging, now there is a blast from the past, walls and ceilings. Remember the last time I did that, the last one I think was in 1981, our first house in Australia, then we found out it was not really done any longer over here so since then walls have been painted, easier and less in fighting.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

So, if my memory is correct, Scotster is having or has had his 67th

birthday this month, and will be older than I again, for the 67th

time. Congrats on another milestone!

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

> @SixtySomePing said:

> Golf league tonight, I'm 3 for 3... should I try a Koepka? "There's 30 [players] in the field, so you figure at least 15 of them are just going to get beat,". "You figure about half of them won't play well from there, so you're down to about maybe 7. And then from 7, some of them just - pressure is going to get to them. It only leaves you with a few more, and you've just got to beat those guys." hahaha

>

> Actually looking forward to playing again, weather is nice, temp is supposed to be about 65*, beautiful day. We're playing on the whacky side of the course, the wilderness, seems like each fairway is either / or \ tilted in some way or other, then the greens are either / or \ tilted in some way or other. This makes for lots of fun actually, a challenge. Only hole with flat fairway is 18 but fairway and green have a lot of water. It's a fairly short par 4 but the water makes it the #1 handicap hole on the course. Should be a zoo, fun, fun...

Now Sixty, if it’s going to be that much fun we need pictures?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > >

> > > Is that DUN as in leaving DUN, retirement DUN. if it is good for you. **Welcome to the ranks of the overworked**. ?

> >

> > I don't know, but there maybe more truth to that than you realize. I know that I've been awfully busy as of late and will continue to be so engaged for the foreseeable future... :tired_face:

> >

> > [Added]

> > Yesterday's project was putting together a barbeque. When I bought my Escape a couple of years ago I got a barbeque as a part of the dealer's summer promotion. I had not need for it at the time and tried to sell it, but had no takers even at half price for brand new in the box. I remember that my son's neighbours were intersted, but they thought that they should get it for free because I didn't pay for it. (I told them it was the most expensive barbeque I had ever bought!)

> >

> > Fast forward two years and we sold the existing barbeque with the house so all of a sudden I had a need because the new place didn't come with one. It isn't particularly fancy, but it will do, just the inconvenience of a propane cylinder versus a direct connection to NG. It took DW and I a bit over two hours and we weren't suing for divorce when we were done, so I guess it worked out okay. Certainly a better experience than paperhanging...

> >

> >

>

> Paperhanging, now there is a blast from the past, walls and ceilings. Remember the last time I did that, the last one I think was in 1981, our first house in Australia, then we found out it was not really done any longer over here so since then walls have been painted, easier and less in fighting.

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > >

> > > Is that DUN as in leaving DUN, retirement DUN. if it is good for you. **Welcome to the ranks of the overworked**. ?

> >

> > I don't know, but there maybe more truth to that than you realize. I know that I've been awfully busy as of late and will continue to be so engaged for the foreseeable future... :tired_face:

> >

> > [Added]

> > Yesterday's project was putting together a barbeque. When I bought my Escape a couple of years ago I got a barbeque as a part of the dealer's summer promotion. I had not need for it at the time and tried to sell it, but had no takers even at half price for brand new in the box. I remember that my son's neighbours were intersted, but they thought that they should get it for free because I didn't pay for it. (I told them it was the most expensive barbeque I had ever bought!)

> >

> > Fast forward two years and we sold the existing barbeque with the house so all of a sudden I had a need because the new place didn't come with one. It isn't particularly fancy, but it will do, just the inconvenience of a propane cylinder versus a direct connection to NG. It took DW and I a bit over two hours and we weren't suing for divorce when we were done, so I guess it worked out okay. Certainly a better experience than paperhanging...

> >

> >

>

> Paperhanging, now there is a blast from the past, walls and ceilings. Remember the last time I did that, the last one I think was in 1981, our first house in Australia, then we found out it was not really done any longer over here so since then walls have been painted, easier and less in fighting.

I think wallpaper went out of style many years ago; almost as long

ago as wood paneling. One style that did come into vogue about

20 years ago or so, is to paint every room in the house a different

color and to use darker colors as well. You need large rooms to

make that work as the darker colors will shrink the room visually.

I've seen it done and it actually works and looks good. Personally,

I like light colored walls and flooring and so does Cobi. We have

identical tastes in most things so we've bypassed much of the

bickering that can ensue over such things, lol.

• Like 1

SLED Gemini

The house we bought is 40 years old and has been extensively renovated. That said, it isn't particularly modern in style, but that suits us fine as we are rather traditional. The entire place is painted one neutral colour: light gray. That doesn't really work for our personal preferences, but I think it's a deferal to what is considered fashionable at the moment.

Three of the rooms have paper on the walls; the kitchen, the hallway and one of the bedrooms. We'll be leaving them as is as the paper is pretty neutral in terms of colour and has a nice texture. The other rooms on the main floor are scheduled to be painted. We've hired a painter and we will be using various colours in the different rooms: biscuit in the foyer, sage green in the living and dining rooms, wedgewood blue in the bedrooms and sunshine yellow in the bathroom. We will be importing our current colour pallet from the farm house.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @tolmij said:

> > @SixtySomePing said:

> > Golf league tonight, I'm 3 for 3... should I try a Koepka? "There's 30 [players] in the field, so you figure at least 15 of them are just going to get beat,". "You figure about half of them won't play well from there, so you're down to about maybe 7. And then from 7, some of them just - pressure is going to get to them. It only leaves you with a few more, and you've just got to beat those guys." hahaha

> >

> > Actually looking forward to playing again, weather is nice, temp is supposed to be about 65*, beautiful day. We're playing on the whacky side of the course, the wilderness, seems like each fairway is either / or \ tilted in some way or other, then the greens are either / or \ tilted in some way or other. This makes for lots of fun actually, a challenge. Only hole with flat fairway is 18 but fairway and green have a lot of water. It's a fairly short par 4 but the water makes it the #1 handicap hole on the course. Should be a zoo, fun, fun...

>

>

> Now Sixty, if it’s going to be that much fun we need pictures?

It was fun, I played junky golf, but won again so I'm 4 & 0. I had a 51, ugh, the guy I played had a 60, I had to give him 5 strokes . No pics sorry, it was a crisp cool evening. I seem to be having fairly good rounds but then like 2 blowout holes where I get an 8 on each like tonight. That kills the overall score. Good thing is, it's still enjoyable, so that's what counts, and it's nice to be out after a year of not playing, and the balance problem is still there. Not as bad as I thought it would be though...

• Like 2

> @scomac2002 said:

> The house we bought is 40 years old and has been extensively renovated. That said, it isn't particularly modern in style, but that suits us fine as we are rather traditional. The entire place is painted one neutral colour: light gray. That doesn't really work for our personal preferences, but I think it's a deferal to what is considered fashionable at the moment.

>

> Three of the rooms have paper on the walls; the kitchen, the hallway and one of the bedrooms. We'll be leaving them as is as the paper is pretty neutral in terms of colour and has a nice texture. The other rooms on the main floor are scheduled to be painted. We've hired a painter and we will be using various colours in the different rooms: biscuit in the foyer, sage green in the living and dining rooms, wedgewood blue in the bedrooms and sunshine yellow in the bathroom. We will be importing our current colour pallet from the farm house.

We like the different colours, some areas bold or with a feature wall, others subdued. Normally takes a long time to decide, we use colour cards taped to the different walls for a week to determine the outcome.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @SixtySomePing said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @SixtySomePing said:

> > > Golf league tonight, I'm 3 for 3... should I try a Koepka? "There's 30 [players] in the field, so you figure at least 15 of them are just going to get beat,". "You figure about half of them won't play well from there, so you're down to about maybe 7. And then from 7, some of them just - pressure is going to get to them. It only leaves you with a few more, and you've just got to beat those guys." hahaha

> > >

> > > Actually looking forward to playing again, weather is nice, temp is supposed to be about 65*, beautiful day. We're playing on the whacky side of the course, the wilderness, seems like each fairway is either / or \ tilted in some way or other, then the greens are either / or \ tilted in some way or other. This makes for lots of fun actually, a challenge. Only hole with flat fairway is 18 but fairway and green have a lot of water. It's a fairly short par 4 but the water makes it the #1 handicap hole on the course. Should be a zoo, fun, fun...

> >

> >

> > Now Sixty, if it’s going to be that much fun we need pictures?

> It was fun, I played junky golf, but won again so I'm 4 & 0. I had a 51, ugh, the guy I played had a 60, I had to give him 5 strokes . No pics sorry, it was a crisp cool evening. I seem to be having fairly good rounds but then like 2 blowout holes where I get an 8 on each like tonight. That kills the overall score. Good thing is, it's still enjoyable, so that's what counts, and it's nice to be out after a year of not playing, and the balance problem is still there. Not as bad as I thought it would be though...

>

As I said after your last game, I will be very pleased if that’s my score next time out.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > The house we bought is 40 years old and has been extensively renovated. That said, it isn't particularly modern in style, but that suits us fine as we are rather traditional. The entire place is painted one neutral colour: light gray. That doesn't really work for our personal preferences, but I think it's a deferal to what is considered fashionable at the moment.

> >

> > Three of the rooms have paper on the walls; the kitchen, the hallway and one of the bedrooms. We'll be leaving them as is as the paper is pretty neutral in terms of colour and has a nice texture. The other rooms on the main floor are scheduled to be painted. We've hired a painter and we will be using various colours in the different rooms: biscuit in the foyer, sage green in the living and dining rooms, wedgewood blue in the bedrooms and sunshine yellow in the bathroom. We will be importing our current colour pallet from the farm house.

>

> We like the different colours, some areas bold or with a feature wall, others subdued. Normally takes a long time to decide, we use colour cards taped to the different walls for a week to determine the outcome.

I remember when my wife picked out this bright yellow colour for the bathroom that we renovated a few years ago. I had seen lots of pictures in magasines of yellow bathrooms and I like what I saw. When the day came to paint the painter called me upstairs and said look at this colour. Are you sure that's what you want? It was so bright that it was bilious in the can. I didn't answer right away and then I said: it's what my wife wants! He just shook his head and began to pour it out and put it on the walls.

When he got done he called me back upstairs and I stoud there dumbfounded wishing I had put on a pair of sunglasses it was so bright. _Jeezuz_was the only thing that came out of my mouth. He responded: I know...

When DW came home she loved it! I still wasn't sold on it, but it grew on me or more correctly I got used to it. I think it was just too much yellow as it was walls and ceiling both.

We're going with the same colour at the new place, but the ceiling will be white this time. I think that will help to tone it down a bit. Similar styling otherwise with slate tile and white wainscott.

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> > @tolmij said:

> > > @scomac2002 said:

> > > The house we bought is 40 years old and has been extensively renovated. That said, it isn't particularly modern in style, but that suits us fine as we are rather traditional. The entire place is painted one neutral colour: light gray. That doesn't really work for our personal preferences, but I think it's a deferal to what is considered fashionable at the moment.

> > >

> > > Three of the rooms have paper on the walls; the kitchen, the hallway and one of the bedrooms. We'll be leaving them as is as the paper is pretty neutral in terms of colour and has a nice texture. The other rooms on the main floor are scheduled to be painted. We've hired a painter and we will be using various colours in the different rooms: biscuit in the foyer, sage green in the living and dining rooms, wedgewood blue in the bedrooms and sunshine yellow in the bathroom. We will be importing our current colour pallet from the farm house.

> >

> > We like the different colours, some areas bold or with a feature wall, others subdued. Normally takes a long time to decide, we use colour cards taped to the different walls for a week to determine the outcome.

>

> I remember when my wife picked out this bright yellow colour for the bathroom that we renovated a few years ago. I had seen lots of pictures in magasines of yellow bathrooms and I like what I saw. When the day came to paint the painter called me upstairs and said look at this colour. Are you sure that's what you want? It was so bright that it was bilious in the can. I didn't answer right away and then I said: it's what my wife wants! He just shook his head and began to pour it out and put it on the walls.

>

> When he got done he called me back upstairs and I stoud there dumbfounded wishing I had put on a pair of sunglasses it was so bright. _Jeezuz_was the only thing that came out of my mouth. He responded: I know...

>

> When DW came home she loved it! I still wasn't sold on it, but it grew on me or more correctly I got used to it. I think it was just too much yellow as it was walls and ceiling both.

>

> We're going with the same colour at the new place, but the ceiling will be white this time. I think that will help to tone it down a bit. Similar styling otherwise with slate tile and white wainscott.

>

>

We have tended to use muted tones, apart from the bathroom which is almost pink, somehow it works.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Let’s hope all the absent Grillers are well and happy, obviously something in their lives more pressing. Take care absent people, look after your loved ones and we will see you when the time is right.

?☎️☎️??

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> > @scomac2002 said:

> > > @tolmij said:

> > >

> >

> >

> > [Added]

> >

> >

> >

>

Only did one paperhanging job in 1971. My Dad and I did the living room, when we moved into Grandfather's house. I recall a double roll cost $3, 11 rolls, $33. For a first time effort, we did a good job. Never papered after that. I recall stripping it off in around 1993; the once classy cream color and muted pattern became brown and faded. Painted the walls and ceiling an antique white.

My Dad, although a great father, never had much initiative for projects like that. We did a lot of jobs on the house and cars, through the years. I usually took charge, and Dad was a great helper. I knew he was a lot smarter than he appeared to be. He had been trained as a machinist, and rose to foreman status in the steel mill. His favorite quote, when I was a boy, and needed some sort of school project, "I don't have the tools." His home collection of tools consisted of a tack hammer, a cheap set of screw drivers, and a pair of pliers, carried in a Marsh Wheeling cigar box. (Dad did not smoke or drink alcohol. A coffee drinker, though.)

I bought tools from about age 16 and up, whenever I had money.

Dad was one guy who had absolutely nothing regarding personal items, except for his Wittnauer watch, and the Parker Jotter pen.

• Like 2

I see that there's a thread on the General Golf section wonderignwhen the decline in golf will be inevitable. It seems like it's a long way off at least in this jurisdiction as there hasn't been a course close in several years and that one closed because it was too difficult and too pricey to be attractive to the golfing public. I remember #1 son playing there when he was in high school trying out for the school team and that ws probably 15 years ago.

That said, if golf ever becomes like bowling it will be all over! I used to 10 pin bowl for years. Both my wife and I did it from our early 20's. I met her at the bowling alley! We bowled up until about 5 years ago when we took up curling. We may do it again after the move as we won't be going back to our old curling club and we still keep in touch with a few folks that we used to bowl with.

I bowled in three different houses in leagues over the years. Two were 24 lanes and one was 60. Only the 60 lane house is left and it has been reduced by half to accomodate an arcade. The 5 pin houses are closing up here in droves too. At one time bowling was the single most popular participation sport for all ages in this country and now you have to search to find anyone under the age of 60 that does it on a regular basis. Looks like that's another game that will die with the boomers... :frowning:

• Like 2

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

> @scomac2002 said:

> I see that there's a thread on the General Golf section wonderignwhen the decline in golf will be inevitable. It seems like it's a long way off at least in this jurisdiction as there hasn't been a course close in several years and that one closed because it was too difficult and too pricey to be attractive to the golfing public. I remember #1 son playing there when he was in high school trying out for the school team and that ws probably 15 years ago.

>

> That said, if golf ever becomes like bowling it will be all over! I used to 10 pin bowl for years. Both my wife and I did it from our early 20's. I met her at the bowling alley! We bowled up until about 5 years ago when we took up curling. We may do it again after the move as we won't be going back to our old curling club and we still keep in touch with a few folks that we used to bowl with.

>

> I bowled in three different houses in leagues over the years. Two were 24 lanes and one was 60. Only the 60 lane house is left and it has been reduced by half to accomodate an arcade. The 5 pin houses are closing up here in droves too. At one time bowling was the single most popular participation sport for all ages in this country and now you have to search to find anyone under the age of 60 that does it on a regular basis. Looks like that's another game that will die with the boomers... :frowning:

In Australia at present, there is a big push to engage people that would not normally play golf, women, youngsters, cultural diversity as it’s mostly white people play the sport, handicapped. Don’t know how it’s going but one of the ways they think it will work is by spending millions on the elite side of golf. The thinking is that someone like Greg Norman pulled thousands into playing, to my mind that’s rubbish. If you want people to join it has to be affordable, places have to be available, and the snobbish attitude from many golfers has to stop, golf clubs have to be more welcoming, never been to a club yet that was not cold looking as you enter, nothing to encourage anyone in two minds, all business in the pro shops, more effort has to be made to make new members more welcome.

My thoughts on a cold Friday morning.

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Busy day today, this morning was mainly taken up with chainsawing wood to a size for the log splitter and to be able to lift it. First one this morning was 3ft dia and about 2ft long, cut it into 8 pieces for easy handling, two hours later we have enough cut for the week. Weather warmed up whilst I was doing it so I had a fairly good sweat on by the time I was finished. House cleaning day then a stint in the studio.

As we seem to be becoming reclusive, we have joined an amateur art gallery, have to work one day per month as a receptionist, not too bad as it will at least get us out and about. The gallery allows your own art to be sold with 15% commission to the working fund and holds several exhibitions during the year. No idea if I can actually sell my art as it is personal, we both live the piece we are painting and it would be like selling part of yourself. We will participate in the competitions, the rest we will have to wait and see.

Golf is on the agenda for next Friday, the good news is I will have a driver DW will be with me, using a cart as I have not walked round for a while, will walk after the next two rounds. If DW is with me as she will be this week definitely a cart as her back is too damaged to allow walking on the course. A report will follow, all depending on the score and standard of the golf. Watch this space, well not this actual space but one very similar on another page.?

• Like 2

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

> @tolmij said:

> Busy day today, this morning was mainly taken up with chainsawing wood to a size for the log splitter and to be able to lift it. First one this morning was 3ft dia and about 2ft long, cut it into 8 pieces for easy handling, two hours later we have enough cut for the week. Weather warmed up whilst I was doing it so I had a fairly good sweat on by the time I was finished. House cleaning day then a stint in the studio.

>

> As we seem to be becoming reclusive, we have joined an amateur art gallery, have to work one day per month as a receptionist, not too bad as it will at least get us out and about. The gallery allows your own art to be sold with 15% commission to the working fund and holds several exhibitions during the year. No idea if I can actually sell my art as it is personal, we both live the piece we are painting and it would be like selling part of yourself. We will participate in the competitions, the rest we will have to wait and see.

>

> Golf is on the agenda for next Friday, the good news is I will have a driver DW will be with me, using a cart as I have not walked round for a while, will walk after the next two rounds. If DW is with me as she will be this week definitely a cart as her back is too damaged to allow walking on the course. A report will follow, all depending on the score and standard of the golf. Watch this space, well not this actual space but one very similar on another page.?

Good for you on the art gallery, sounds like a nice endeavor. Also will be looking forward to your report on the golf outing (in a similar space to this one) B)

• Like 2

@ Toj ! The score or quality matters not, my friend. We'd love to hear about it.

I have got one round in over the last couple weeks. I shot a 47...and was happy with it.

Have not been in here much...Sher is slowly mending,and she is my first concern.

@ Reason : have been hitting balls in the lower yard. The oily wrist thing seems to

have been working, if I have a clue what I am supposed to be doing, which I dont ! Pulled

out the old R1,with the Project X LZ hand crafted shaft. It seemed a little light at first,but after a couplei must have adjusted to it. Not bad. Guess I am getting older since the light weight shaft

actually felt ok. I'll be 73 shortly,so I need to suck it up and just hit the ball !

• Like 2

Certified Orginal Member#2
Outlaw Golf Association
To Heck with the USGA

> @billh17 said:

> @ Toj ! The score or quality matters not, my friend. We'd love to hear about it.

> I have got one round in over the last couple weeks. I shot a 47...and was happy with it.

> Have not been in here much...Sher is slowly mending,and she is my first concern.

> @ Reason : have been hitting balls in the lower yard. The oily wrist thing seems to

> have been working, if I have a clue what I am supposed to be doing, which I dont ! Pulled

> out the old R1,with the Project X LZ hand crafted shaft. It seemed a little light at first,but after a couplei must have adjusted to it. Not bad. Guess I am getting older since the light weight shaft

> actually felt ok. I'll be 73 shortly,so I need to suck it up and just hit the ball !

>

Mick Jagger is 75... not that you would want to jump around on stage or anything, but he probably couldn't shoot a 47 either... :p

• Like 2

• GwrxMod changed the title to Clubhouse Grille (*** NO LIV DISCUSSIONS ***) (*** NO POLITICS/RELIGION ***)