2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

"Athletic fit" golf pants with the narrowest foot opening?

The Bonobos Lightweight 5 Pockets do have some stretch to them. The Highland Tours also have some stretch to them as well. The regular Highlands don't have any. You can also go to a Uniqlo and check out some of their pants. Most of them are pretty stretchy. I wear these EZY Skinny fit pants to work. Wearing a pair now in fact, and they're some of the most comfortable pants I have. They literally feel like sweatpants and they have a lot of stretch to them. I mean a lot. They're not a tech looking as the Bonobos. They call them "jeans" but looks more like a pair of khakis, but for $39, its worth a shot. They come in S, M or L. https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-ezy-skinny-fit-color-jeans-418914.html?dwvar_418914_color=COL32&cgid=men-jeans#start=6&cgid=men-jeans

So... I got my pants in, the Adidas tapered and the UA Match Play tapered. The Adidas fit great but I felt like they were a touch too snug on the quads. Definitely better opening for the ankle, but it's not massively different than my current Adidas classic pants. The 3 stripes though was very contrasting and I wouldn't wear these to work. The UA were a joke; so small I could barely get them over my legs. WHO IS THIS SKINNY??? I'd probably have to go up TWO sizes to make those pants work on my legs, but then I'd be swimming in the waist. Literally story of my life.

For now, just going to see about getting the ankle area taken in, and maybe I'll see about some of the other brands, esp. Lulu.

• Like 1

UA sizing is crazy. I can't fit into any of their stuff - I'm always between sizes. I lost a decent amount of weight last year (50 pounds) and bought a lot of clothes. I've found that the Adidas pants/shorts seem right on the sizing, and consistent with pants I have from Vineyard Vines and Old Navy (I've had 4 sizes of the Old Navy Slim Fit Go Dry pants - currently in a 34/32 - they are a good option and cheaper than most, especially when on sale. I'd order a few pair in the color/size that you like and plan to return some as sizing is inconsistent even with the same size with Old Navy - the quality control is not the greatest but the pants are super comfortable and a great bargain when on sale). UA for me is a weird outlier. I have to go up a size from everything else and even then they don't fit right.

Titleist TSR2 11*, Oban Devotion 65 S

Titleist TSR2 16.5*, GD Tour AD BB 7S

Titleist TSR2 21*, Fujikura Speeder Pro TS 84

Titleist TS2 25*, GD Tour AD HY 95S
Titleist T100S, 6-GW, Recoil 110 F4

Miura 52.06, 56.10, 60.09, Recoil Proto 125 F4

Ping PLD Custom Anser 4, 34"/355g

Agreed. My two pairs of AU pants/shorts are both a size up. The UA pants are 36 even though I'm 34 in everything else. Those are the ones w the biggest leg opening.

I'm going to check out the Old Navy pairs because I think the Adidas pants I have now for golfing are too... shiny? I'm starting a new job soon and I've got no idea if people dress up much more "work appropriate" than my current job, which literally has almost no dress code (so I just wear golf stuff most of the time). My AUpants that I'm going to take in are more of a flat/matte finish so I can prob get away with those in a more upscale office.

I know Lululemon has been thrown out in here already, but I wear the Commission slim pant pretty well exclusively now. Hockey butt/legs fit properly in them with a nicely tapered leg. Internal pockets rather than the external pockets like the ABC classes them up a bit. Plus, they come in a 37” leg now and they offer free gemming, so you can really dial in the fit with your golf shoes on.

The initial cost is definitely high, but I have had several pairs last for 4+ years and look good the whole time. I can’t say that for any other pants I’ve owned.

I have a few pair of the Old Navy pants. They have changed the pants during their run and I prefer the earlier version to the current version. The earlier version was almost a copy of the lululemon abc’S, with slightly wider legs, a gusseted crotch, and a seam behind the knee. I’d compare them to the classic fit. The current pair is just a slim fit pant that lacks the features of the abc’s. I wear the originals more often than the newer version and they are holding up ok. Once these start to wear enough that they are unpresentable I think I will replace them with a higher end brand like lululemon or Rhône.

Drn92

Just get the Adidas Ultimate Classics tailored, not a very expensive solution and they’ll be perfect.

Titleist TSr3 9º AD-DI 6x
Titleist TSr3 15º AD-DI 7x

Titleist TSi2 19º AD-DI 95x

T100 4-AW PX 6.0

SM10 56-12º D Modus 125 wedge

SM10 60-12º D Modus 125 wedge

Spider tour

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmea

You need to try bonobos athletic fit. I bought some the first time I ever purchased that brand because I don’t like anything tight in the seat/thighs but had to send them back for the regular cut. The athletic fits are like mc hammer pants almost. Very roomy where you want it and very tapered in the ankle

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to leave an amazon plug.

I have been doing a ton of research and decided to get some Plaid&Plain pants from Amazon. they were something like $25 and seem to be perfect. I am very skinny, so it always annoys me when i buy slim fit pants that are in fact not slim at all.

These pants from P&P are in fact truly slim all the way down. very narrow leg opening. and they are a seemingly breathable stretchy material. highly recommended for those who think spending $140 on pants isnt worth it.

bonobos is doing an extra 50% off all of the final sale pants and shorts with the code "treasure". Not a ton of color and size options but you may be able to find something you like in the athletic fit options. They have some pretty detailed measurements on their site. The highland pants and lightweight 5 pockets are less than $40 with the code and the highland tours are less than $50 Bonobos | Better-Fitting, Better-Looking Men's Clothing & Accessories | Bonobos

Only downside is the final sale items aren't returnable

Stopped at the lulu store today, tried on the commission slim as they look a bit more office friendly. All I have to say is wow... the fit, the finish, really high quality stuff. I'd say they look much more office friendly from a looks and feel perspective than my Adidas pants, which are more technical looking (have a "sheen" to them). They would obviously be fine for golf although not sure I'd wear them in 80+ degree heat? I'm not sure but my golf instructor this past weekend was just fine, and it was about 75F out and he has those Lulu pants on.

So, I'll probably get one of the pairs I've got tailored but these are definitely getting bought at some point.

Rhone makes a pair of joggers that you can wear with a belt, and I really like them. Greyson makes the montauk jogger but I fear those might be too slim. I have the Rhone Joggers and I only wear them for golf.

Driver: PXG Gen5 0811XF 9* with Tensei CK Blue 65, stiff
3W: PXG Gen4 0341 15* with Fukijura PRO 2.0, stiff
Hybrid: PXG Gen4 0317X 19* with Fujikura PRO 2.0, stiff

4i-6i: Srixon ZX 5 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff

7i-AW: Srixon ZX 7 MKII with NS PRO Modus Tour 120, stiff
54: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
58: PXG 0311 Milled Sugar Daddy with TrueTemper Elevate Tour, stiff
Putter: Scotty Cameron Coronado California

Target has a new line that just came out that looks promising. The pants look to be pretty similar in style to Lululemon but only $40. Tough to tell the quality and fit from pictures but will be interesting to see in person once the stores start getting them in. https://www.target.com/p/men-s-golf-pants-all-in-motion/-/A-77602745?preselect=77287309#lnk=sametab

Bonobos pants are awesome, just got my first pair today. My legs are not huge, but not super slim either. I got the "slim" fit and they are comfy and roomy, but not baggy. I would imagine for those with larger legs, the athletic fit would be perfect.

Also thumbs up to Bonobos for making a 28" length pant. I am used to having to get all pants hemmed.

I just picked up a pair of these in person from Target as they are now in the stores. They are Lululemon clones for a third of the price. The pants are super light and stretchy with pretty deep front pockets. The thighs are not super tight, but the lower leg and opening are pretty tapered. If they hold up and don't fall apart, these could really be a steal.

Buy the pants you want and get them tailored. I'm almost the opposite of you. I think my calves are as big as my thighs ha. I like a skiiny fit and always have to get the below the knee let out a bit if it fits right in the seat/thigh area.

Callaway Paradym TD 8*/HZRDUS GEN4 Black Limited Edition 60TX

Ping G425 LST 3W/Hulk 70TX

G425 3H/Ventus 9x HY

PXG 0311 Gen 4 T/ST Combo/PX LZ 6.5

Vokey SM9 50F/54S/58M, DG Black Onyx x100

Another vote for the Old Navy pants. The Slim Flex Ultimate Tech Pants have been working well for me this winter. I've also gotten compliments from playing partners. They look good enough for the office as well. https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=413469022&cid=67530&pcid=5211&vid=1&grid=pds_17_137_1#pdp-page-content