Tiger Woods Injured in Car Crash (Threads Merged here)

butter_train

What makes me sick about this is the special treatment superstars get. WTF his wife tells the police Tiger is asleep come back later. Give me a break, they should jerk his butt off the couch and take him downtown like any one else. Heaven forbid giving him a sobriety test........This type of conduct and special treatment me sick to my stomach. If it was John Daly they would have locked his a** up.............but not Mr Woods. :russian_roulette:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Nspiel58' post='2092569' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:05 PM']I agree that much of this is Tiger's personal issue to resolve and it's nobody else's business. After reading quite a few of the posts, it's clear that he's not required by law to say anything to the police. His lawyers will do the talking.
I guess that's sensible for Tiger's public and professional image. As a regular guy, not free personal problems myself, when a situation like this comes up, and it's newsworthy, I am curious about the TRUTH - that's all. I don't think there's any wrong in being interested in what makes Tiger tick. I mean, his golf swing has been watched and analyzed since he was a boy. He been the most watched person on the planet for most of his life. It's only natural then to want to know about the man himself. Look at Arnold Palmer. Arnie seems to wear his heart on his sleeve. He's the everyman. We "know" Arnie. He's transparent. Tiger is not. But we'd like a little more transparency, because then it might be easier to accept this situation now. So, I don't really care what the lawyers have to say, or what's legally proper. What I want to know is the truth, plain and simple. Is that asking too much?[/quote]

In short, yes... it is asking too much.

[quote name='JYB' post='2092568' date='Nov 30 2009, 12:05 AM']sorry i sounded personally offended at you but i don't like that tone about comparing yourself to others. it's awful.[/quote]

It was a joke. Of course money and fame play no role in the ultimate quality of life.

That said.

This thread is a fascinating study of human nature.

It explains why copies of tabloids that have pictures of "celebs" in ugly states sell more.

It explains why the paparazzi exist.

It is a study in Schadenfreude.

[quote name='MBA-J' post='2090015' date='Nov 28 2009, 06:26 PM'][quote name='jfzhorseman' post='2089992' date='Nov 28 2009, 05:07 PM'][quote name='gvogel' post='2089969' date='Nov 28 2009, 04:51 PM'][quote name='jfzhorseman' post='2089892' date='Nov 28 2009, 04:04 PM'][quote name='wagsgt' post='2089884' date='Nov 28 2009, 04:00 PM']BTW, the "alleged" gf is hot.

[attachment=501447:rachel_uchitel.jpg][/quote]
If you like the man face, hands and feet. She looks like a Mister.
[/quote]

And your idea of pretty is .... a young Shirley Temple?
[/quote]

That thought came to your mind, not mine.
:black eye:
Not the first here to see the masculine features.
[/quote]

Absolutely. She's very prominent in the "features."

Caricature-esque. Kinda cartoonish. Like a villain. Plus, in every photo that I've seen, she's doing that duck-lips pout thing that all of the hot chicks and Paris Hilton are doing these days. I don't know what's going on with her eye, either. She's just not what would make me get up from Elin to go out and get.

If TW went out and did the Tom Brady and got an underwear model or some ridiculously fine chick (see Paula Patton), I'd understand the brother's line of thinking. But for that strong-featured chick? I just don't.

Isn't it time for him to get his Lasik updated?

[/quote]

Sometimes when you have lobster at home every night, you just want to go out and grab some Burger King.

[quote name='Tighthead' post='2092558' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:00 PM']How do you know he has a billion dollars?[/quote]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=304147&view=findpost&p=1981767"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1981767[/url]

And just about every newspaper, radio, and television sports news, and business news sources. :good:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='Bellyhungry' post='2092459' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:10 PM'][quote name='My2Dogs' post='2092326' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:04 PM'][quote name='midasmulligan2000' post='2092220' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:29 PM'][quote name='My2Dogs' post='2092210' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:23 PM'][quote name='Johnny' post='2090744' date='Nov 29 2009, 12:48 AM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2090734' date='Nov 28 2009, 09:42 PM']Wouldn't you think that since this guy Tiger is making around $2,000,000 per week...He at least owes us something?

He is the best or one of the better golfers in the world but without we the fans support $$, he might be working in a packing plant somewhere and playing golf on the weekends for beans. :lol:[/quote]

I'm sure he thinks these are enough..

Charities & foundations supported

Tiger Woods has supported the following charities:

* Rainforest Foundation Fund
* Tiger Woods Foundation
* Tiger Woods Learning Center
[/quote]

please also remember he does this for tax breaks. He needs them with all the $ he makes all over the world and all the countries he has to pay taxes in.
[/quote]

No idea what you are talking about. Tiger Woods doesn't "need" tax breaks for goodness sake. He doesn't do what he does for money.

I make a fraction of what he makes, - but am somewhat successful. And serve of several non-profit boards, give money charities. And [i]I[/i] don't do it for "tax breaks".

The tax breaks aren't that great.
[/quote]

I did not mean to state he does this solely for the tax breaks but he does do part of it for them. If not then why does every athlete have some sort of charity in their name. It helps them with tax issues and also helps with their image- which later helps get more endorcements.

And NO he would not make as much without the tax breaks if he just pocked the money and paid the taxes on them. A person I know who won the state lottery got a good money advisor and he was able to take home more when he first contributed to a few charities before the govt took their cut.

again not stating he does not do it because he wants to but he also does it for the tax issue's.
[/quote]

OK...Say he uses the charities to get some tax breaks and benefits some underprivilged kids at the same time.

What have you done to benefit the less fortunate? Have you given to charities? If you did, then did you do it for tax purposes? If you never did, then what is the reason?
[/quote]

yes I have given to the less fortunate (my Buddist temple) and also give my time/monies at Big Brothers. I do it because I like it and also yes for the tax breaks. I only wrote what I said because the person seemed to believe that Tiger just did it to help others and that was it. I do think he does do it to help but I wanted to state that he also does it for tax purposes. That was my point, nothing else.

Callaway Paradym Smoke AI Triple Diamond 9* Proxima 6X

PXG Black Ops Tour-1 9* Ventus Blue Plus 6X

TM Stealth2 Plus 3 wood 15*- Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Rogue “T” Triple Diamond 19* 5 wood- Ventus TR Blue 8X
4-PW PXG Gen5 Darkness 0311T MMT 105TX 2* flat
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  50* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  54* Axiom 125X
PXG Sugar Daddy 2  58* Axiom 125X
LAB Mezz Max-heavy version, 35” with Stability Tour Fire shaft. Press II 3.0 grip
PXG Hybrid stand bag

[quote name='m3nace' post='2092616' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:44 PM']That there isn't more said about skirting justice for what we consider "wealthy" is a sad commentary on how we choose to live.[/quote]

As I understand what is being reported on the television news, he by law did not have to give an interview with the Florida State Police. For a traffic accident such as the one he was in, on private property, the law did not require him to.

This has been discussed many times before, and by people more in the know than by me. Asking questions is fine but these posts are helpful to read for their information.

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[size=2]From golf.com...
[size=2][/size]
[b]Report: Woods not tested for alcohol after crash[/b]
[/size]
Posted at 5:43 PM by Mike Walker | Categories: [url="http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/tiger_woods/"][color="#4c4c4c"]Tiger Woods[/color][/url]

Police did not give Tiger Woods a breath test to determine if alcohol was a factor in his single-car accident early Friday morning, [url="http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-tiger-woods-interview-update-911-112909,0,233488.story"][color="#4c4c4c"]according to The Orlando Sentinel[/color][/url]. Officers responding to the scene had no reason to suspect Woods was under the influence of alcohol, Florida Highway Patrol Sgt. Kim Montes told the Sentinel.

[i]Woods was not given a breath test, nor was his blood or urine tested. Troopers need probable cause that someone is under the influence of alcohol or drugs to demand such tests, and they had none, Montes said. Such probable cause could include finding liquor bottles in a car or smelling alcohol on someone's breath.

Kissimmee (Fla.) defense lawyer Don Waggoner said Saturday that troopers must arrest someone before they test for alcohol or drug intoxication. They cannot draw blood unless they can't get a breath or urine sample, and they can't take those unless they suspect intoxication, he said.

"If there's no reason for them to believe he's under the influence of alcohol, then they have no probable cause," Waggoner said. "People have accidents all the time, and they aren't under the influence of alcohol."[/i]

In a written statement, Montes described how state troopers were turned away for the third straight day when attempting to interview Woods about the accident Sunday afternoon.

"The troopers went to the house to see if they could speak with Mr. Woods," Montes said. "Mr. Woods' attorney was present and told investigators that Mr. Woods was unavailable for an interview. Mr. Woods' attorney provided the troopers with Mr. Woods' driver's license information, registration and current proof of insurance as required by Florida Law. The crash investigation is ongoing and charges are pending."

Read more: [url="http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2009/11/report-woods-not-tested-for-alcohol-after-crash.html#ixzz0YJxaLtJt"][color="#4c4c4c"]http://blogs.golf.com/presstent/2009/11/report-woods-not-tested-for-alcohol-after-crash.html#ixzz0YJxaLtJt[/color][/url]

Read into it what you want. The apologists will say, "See, no cause to even test him." And the haters will say, "See, it's a conspiracy". Looking forward to a reasonable discussion.

EDIT: Formatting

[b]Driver:[/b] TaylorMade Tour Issue M3 8.9*, Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 Tour Spec X
[b]3 Wood:[/b] Taylormade R15 15*, Fujikura Motore F1X
[b]Hybrid:[/b] TaylorMade M1 19*, Fujikura Speeder Evo 82H X
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW , Tour Issue TT DG X100
[b]Wedges:[/b] Yururi Gekku Raw 49*, 53* & 57* Nippon NS Pro Modus3 130X
[b]Putter: [/b]Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

And as I warned, Woods cat and mouse game appears to have infuriated the FHP and now they will pursue this on another level. Honestly I have not seen a professional athlete's representation be this bad since Ricky Williams left college and signed a pro deal. I can think of at least 10 people in this thread who put a better spin on this situation and would have had better advice for Tiger than it appears he has gotten. Anyways here the latest and gives detail on what I have been saying all weekend that there were in fact two completely different statements given to the authorities...

[url="http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YJxotsRB"]http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0YJxotsRB[/url]
Highlights from article,

[b]Cops Pursue Warrant in Woods Case[/b]
[i]Sources tell TMZ the Florida Highway Patrol is now focusing on obtaining a search warrant -- allowing them to seize medical records from the hospital that treated Tiger Woods -- in an attempt to determine if the wounds Woods sustained are consistent with a car accident or domestic violence.

One big piece of evidence showing probable cause ... sources tell us Tiger's wife,[b] Elin Nordegren[/b] told FHP troopers [b]she went looking for Tiger in a golf cart, came upon the accident and then used a golf club to break the window to gain entry.[/b] That's a very different story from what she first told Windemere cops shortly after the accident -- she never mentioned a golf cart. Nordegren told Windemere police she had walked out of her house, saw the crash, went back inside to get a golf club and returned to the vehicle.[/i]

Looking for him in a golf cart?

One other piece of news that might end up being significant I haven't seen reported anywhere else...
From...
[url="http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091129/D9C9G65O0.html"]http://apnews.myway.com/article/20091129/D9C9G65O0.html[/url]

[i]both rear windows of the Cadillac Escalade smashed[/i]

The police still have the vehicle in impound so this will be easy to verify, but if true, that certainly makes what was already an unbelievable story even more far fetched, both windows needed to be broke to get him out?

To those who continually call for this thread to be locked, how do you honestly think on a golf website devoted to discussion of topics to the world of golf this isn't going to be something that people want to talk about? When this is two or three weeks past yes I agree, but there are stories and new details coming out about this on the hour. Once Monday officially begins, reporters return to their jobs after the Thanksgiving break, I would expect a lot more investigation to be done and more to come out. There will be plenty more to talk about in the next few days guaranteed.

Also because it needs to be repeated, the moderators of this website have done an outstanding job of controlling this discussion to make sure it doesn't get out of control and allowing us to have this forum to discuss what is without a doubt the biggest story in golf this year not related to actual play. It is very much appreciated. The fact that so many people can have a different opinions and have a place to debate without interference is what makes GolfWrx the premium Golf web site. Your efforts are not unappreciated.

[quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2092667' date='Nov 29 2009, 08:46 PM']To those who continually call for this thread to be locked, how do you honestly think on a golf website devoted to discussion of topics to the world of golf this isn't going to be something that people want to talk about? When this is two or three weeks past yes I agree, but there are stories and new details coming out about this on the hour. Once Monday officially begins, reporters return to their jobs after the Thanksgiving break, I would expect a lot more investigation to be done and more to come out. There will be plenty more to talk about in the next few days guaranteed.[/quote]

This is hardly about golf. This is about his personal life and it seems as though some of you have a personal vendetta against him.

Everyone is curious as to what actually happened but it seems as a few of you keep jumping to conclusions before the [u][b]FACTS[/b][/u][b] [/b] are known.

[quote name='bscinstnct' post='2092436' date='Nov 29 2009, 09:54 PM'][b]Tomorrow morning, Tiger will wake up.[/b]

[b]He will have $1,000,000,000.00.[/b]

[b]And will still be the greatest golfer ever play the game.[/b]

[i][b]What will you be doing...[/b][/i]?[/quote]

Continuing to laugh at your posts. :rolleyes:

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

And one more, from the enquirer, various pictures of Ashley Sampson, the source of the news the Rachel was bragging about having an affair with Woods, with Rachel Uchitel. Remember that Rachel has stated she doesn't Sampson and never told her anything...
[url="http://www.nationalenquirer.com/tiger_woods_cheating_rachel_uchitel_exposed_source/celebrity/67747"]http://www.nationalenquirer.com/tiger_wood...celebrity/67747[/url]
The article also details how Sampson has passed a polygraph test verfying Uchitel did indeed tell her this.
Other highlights from the article..
[i]
"Multiple sources, who passed polygraph tests, say Rachel told them that she and Tiger also stay in touch during his frequent travels through phone calls and "sexting," sending each other racy text messages on their cell phones. "[/i]

[i]Rachel recently had a disastrous affair with David Boreanaz, the star of Bones. The affair even continued while his wife was pregnant[/i]

[i]Rachel traveled to Australia to meet with Tiger while he played earlier this month in the Australian Masters, both sources said. BUT Rachel initially told us she traveled there with a boyfriend.

In a later conversation, however, she admitted to The ENQUIRER she had lied about going to Australia with a boyfriend. She said she was in the country "for business."

She also said she was not in Tiger's hotel. But an Enquirer reporter eye witnessed her IN the hotel.

She then said she did not go to the floor of the hotel where Tiger was staying.

BUT an ENQUIRER reporter in Melbourne watched as Rachel checked in to the posh Crown Towers hotel, and went up to the 35th floor, which houses the hotel's ritzy VIP Suite. Tiger was staying in the same hotel, according to local press reports. [/i]

[i]In our print story, Tiger's attorney vehemently denied an affair between Tiger and Rachel but said the golfer may have been at the same nightclub as Rachel at some point.[/i]

[i]"Her nickname for Tiger is 'Bear.'[/i]

Now, if this is all in fact slander, I would expect that Rachel will immediately file suit against the Enquirer correct? Would anyone disagree on that point? I would also think Woods will follow with his own suit correct? Would anyone disagree that would be an appropriate course of action?
Something tells me however, no charges will ever be filed.

[quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092627' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:01 PM'][quote name='Tighthead' post='2092558' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:00 PM']How do you know he has a billion dollars?[/quote]

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=&showtopic=304147&view=findpost&p=1981767"]http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=1981767[/url]

And just about every newspaper, radio, and television sports news, and business news sources. :good:

[/quote]

Come on now, how does that prove that Tiger has a billion dollars? That's earned income, he pays taxes, so kiss $300,000,000+ goodbye right there. How do we know how well he has done with his money? You think that when the world economy shrinks Tiger doesn't lose money? I can tell you he is losing big time on the capital he invested in Dubai.

I was just looking at the photos of the escalade and it seems as though both rear passenger windows have been smashed. But it also looks as if there is plenty of tinted glass directly below the smashed windows where the suv has come to rest at the base of the tree. If the windows were smashed anywhere else for any other reason than "rescuing him", wouldn't that glass be at that location? Just a thought...

[attachment=502180:tiger_wo..._12_full.jpg]

[attachment=502181:tiger_wo..._22_full.jpg]

[quote name='mickw' post='2092683' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:18 AM']I was just looking at the photos of the escalade and it seems as though both rear passenger windows have been smashed. But it also looks as if there is plenty of tinted glass directly below the smashed windows where the suv has come to rest at the base of the tree. If the windows were smashed anywhere else for any other reason than "rescuing him", wouldn't that glass be at that location? Just a thought...

[attachment=502180:tiger_wo..._12_full.jpg]

[attachment=502181:tiger_wo..._22_full.jpg][/quote]
Possible, also possible that the windows were not entirely shattered on first contact with the golf club and did eventually shatter on impact to the tree.
I'm still perplexed as to why two windows were smashed out? Why would you need to smash out one, then go to the other side of the truck and smash out that side?

[quote name='OnOff' post='2092677' date='Nov 30 2009, 01:08 AM'][quote name='MrParr1Noid' post='2092627' date='Nov 29 2009, 10:01 PM'][quote name='Tighthead' post='2092558' date='Nov 29 2009, 11:00 PM']How do you know he has a billion dollars?[/quote]

[/quote]

Come on now, how does that prove that Tiger has a billion dollars? That's earned income, he pays taxes, so kiss $300,000,000+ goodbye right there. How do we know how well he has done with his money? You think that when the world economy shrinks Tiger doesn't lose money? I can tell you he is losing big time on the capital he invested in Dubai.
[/quote]

I didn't say it proved anything, I was showing where it was reported, and who reported it. :lol:

Dave Whitlam Anser 

[quote name='TheDarkOne' post='2092687' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:29 AM']Possible, also possible that the windows were not entirely shattered on first contact with the golf club and did eventually shatter on impact to the tree.
I'm still perplexed as to why two windows were smashed out? Why would you need to smash out one, then go to the other side of the truck and smash out that side?[/quote]

True...if there is tinted glass anywhere else between the driveway and that tree, I guess that would say a lot. Good question with the double window smash...maybe she couldn't get the first door open and panic mode set in.

[quote name='dannybsj' post='2092689' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:33 AM']Yeah that looks like a whole window full of glass there lol I think you just confirmed that they were indeed broken somewhere else instead of your intent[/quote]

My intent wasn't to prove or disprove anything, I was just making an observation. But as far as there being a "whole window full of glass there", when a car's window is smashed from the outside, most of it will end up inside of the vehicle. So whether it was done in the driveway of Tiger's house or by that tree where the car is resting, I bet there is a load of tinted glass on those back seats...more than anywhere else.

So where was Elin when the 911 call was made? Woods at this stage was on the ground and the neighbour made no mention of Elin and nor was she apparently there.

G430 9* Ventus Velo 7s
Titleist TSI2 15* DI7s

Ping G425 19* hybrid Accra TZ6
Tour Edge XCG 24* hybrid Altus
Srixon ZX5 MKII 6-pw
Ping Stealth 2.0 50*SS, S159 54/58*SS
TP Mills Tour Fleetwood

[quote name='mickw' post='2092694' date='Nov 30 2009, 02:45 AM'][quote name='dannybsj' post='2092689' date='Nov 30 2009, 03:33 AM']Yeah that looks like a whole window full of glass there lol I think you just confirmed that they were indeed broken somewhere else instead of your intent[/quote]

My intent wasn't to prove or disprove anything, I was just making an observation. But as far as there being a "whole window full of glass there", when a car's window is smashed from the outside, most of it will end up inside of the vehicle. So whether it was done in the driveway of Tiger's house or by that tree where the car is resting, I bet there is a load of tinted glass on those back seats...more than anywhere else.
[/quote]
Well i would concede that as probable but there is entirely too much evidence to the contrary mainly the fact that his door isn't damaged and neither of the two other doors look damaged. Why break em both

And to those wondering why we speculate and being jealous and what no i dont care who it was that this happened to its fun to play detective no matter the party involved, id do it if it was my neighbor haha

The problem with this whole thing is that the Woods attemtped to bullxxxx everyone with a lame story they made up at the spur of the moment and now they have lawyered up and saying nothing. Hey guys - youre human, couples fight, it happens. They have done nothing but hurt themselves here - not financially but credibility wise

At last, one of our idols have done something (or probably not) which has given the tabloids something to write about. I personally can't remember when a pro golfer has created so much hub-bub about some private matter which has provided so much fuel for speculation...and I myself am interested in what really happened.

So all you people who want to manage this board, and are requesting that the thread be locked down...let it play itself out. We're going to be hearing/reading about the crash for the next 6 months anyway, so it's not going to just go away because you want it to.

After being married 3 times, I know that sometimes you have to stumble over some rocks before you get back onto smooth terrain. I'm sure that Tiger and Elin have earned the right to square themselves away, if they ever needed too.