2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other

Schnee

good thread, shame its making me so hungry!

Dont think we have any of the mentioned burger places in the UK :(

Hope you have a great expereince Cshnee

Neil

Mizuno Mp630
Xhot 3 deep 14.5
SLDR 17 deg hybrid
Ping g15 20 deg hybrid
Callaway XR pro 5 - pw
callaway X forged 48
Callway X tour 52 & 58
Nike Method Mod 90

[quote name='Ranchobob' timestamp='1393826651' post='8785410']
[quote name='Fort Worth Pro' timestamp='1393816181' post='8784354']
[quote name='Ranchobob' timestamp='1393813961' post='8784040']
I just don't get In and Out. Smells great, tastes like adz. IMHO, YMMV, etc.

If you want a good burger while you're here, the Classic Q in Newport Beach is pretty good or you could schlep up to Huntington Beach and go to 25 Degrees.

Looking forward to seeing more.
[/quote]

Don't get the in-n-out thing either. We have a few here in Fort Worth now and it just doesn't hold a candle to whataburger. Best I can tell its the mystique like long ago when you couldn't get colors light east of the Mississippi so when eastern folks got it it was a big deal even though colors light is essentially flavored water
[/quote]

Colors light = Coors Light?

Ha! You've heard the adage about American beer being like having sex in a canoe?

[/quote]

Colors light = coors light.

Lots of good American beer. Just none of it made by Budweiser, coors, or miller.

Told the canoe joke to some of my college players just last week. Kids have to be taught what a good beer is.

During this trip I'll be staying at the Laguna Hills Lodge (1 night) and the Wyndham Avenue of the Arts (2 nights). Both are within 15 miles of Oak Creek. The night at Laguna was a last minute addition due to my flight change.

I landed at LAX this afternoon. I had to switch my flight to today instead of tomorrow to beat the "snowstorm" in the NE. Seems as though it's not going to be much, but it only cost me for the hotel and rental car for the extra day. My original flight was cancelled by the airline so no loss there. In all honesty I'm glad I have an extra day to adjust to Pacific time and get settled in.

My first meal was obviously In-N-Out. I can say, it totally lives up to the hype. I went with a 3x3, well done fries and a vanilla shake. Next time I'll go with a double double. I was stuffed!

F8A94D21-A728-4FE9-8A28-767204CFC7EA.jpg

I gained 2 lbs just by looking at this pic...Those days are long gone for me.

Enjoy the time. I am going to try to post recent vido of impact of Monte over time. Real impact. Even though i am in so cal, i mix in person with web based lessons and find that is very effective mix.

Titlest Tsi2, 10*, GD ADDI 5
Titleist TSi2 16.5 GD ADDI 5

Callaway X-hot pro 3, 4 h
TM P790 5-W, DG 105 R
Vokey SM7 48, 52, 56
Cameron Futura 5W

[quote name='pinhigh27' timestamp='1393869787' post='8788040']
[quote name='MonteScheinblum' timestamp='1393828691' post='8785488']
Yes
[/quote]

Are you serious.... It's like 630 and I thought the dogleg made it play even longer.. Went driver punch 8iron on the other one(16 I think), almost hit it in the water off the tee!
[/quote]Come on now do you really think a long driver can't legitimately reach 630 in 2? Hah! Good luck on the journey and enjoy it.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B 950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34" C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

You Americans love your burger joints almost as much as your breakfast chains. I swear there's a Denny's, Waffle House or Ihop on every street corner, often times all three on the same street corner.

Everytime I go to the states for a golf tournament I end up eating so much that I'm the guy that holds up the entire group because I run to every bathroom at every available hole, thanks to meat sweats from burgers like posted above.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

[quote name='jacksonalex' timestamp='1393885584' post='8790099']
You American's love your burger joints almost as much as your breakfast chains. I swear there's a Denny's, Waffle House or Ihop on every street corner, often times all three on the same street corner.
[/quote]

Come on, now, it's not that much different in Canada, eh? Anyone for a run to Tim Horton's? :)

Look at this sick sand shot over a 6 foot lip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Q6_eodw7c&sns=em

All "tips" are welcome. Instruction not desired. 

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

[quote name='Paul E' timestamp='1393885928' post='8790109']
[quote name='jacksonalex' timestamp='1393885584' post='8790099']
You American's love your burger joints almost as much as your breakfast chains. I swear there's a Denny's, Waffle House or Ihop on every street corner, often times all three on the same street corner.
[/quote]

Come on, now, it's not that much different in Canada, eh? Anyone for a run to Tim Horton's? :)
[/quote]
Tim Horton's does pretty much drive our entire economy, but I'd happily trade it to you for In-N-Out burger. You guys can keep Justin Bieber as well. We also hate him.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

[quote name='midweston' timestamp='1393886313' post='8790147']
video is private, monte! Dang you!!
[/quote]

Working

The problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

[quote name='MonteScheinblum' timestamp='1393886008' post='8790115']
Look at this sick sand shot over a 6 foot lip.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4Q6_eodw7c&sns=em[/media]
[/quote]

Is this the OP of this thread? Really nice shot. Dude lands in California and comes out smokin' for his lessons. Nicely done, OP.

I've recently taken up lessons with Monte - great guy and well worth it. I guess I take it for granted that I live 10 minutes from Oak Creek.

Enjoy the In N Out. Its great. Other burger places to try locally - Peter's Gourmade (Newport Ave in Tustin) - awesome burgers and 5 minutes from Roger Dunn (you can work off the calories by testing out new equip) where they have a bunch of stalls w/ flightscope monitors for you to use. Umami burger (Bristol in Costa Mesa) - now a chain w more locations, but still good for an overpriced burger. Slater's 50/50 (HB and Anaheim Hills) - try the 50/50. For those that don't know 50/50 means patty is half beef/ half bacon. There are more places, but I'm getting hungry. Slaters also has a good selection of local/semilocal craft beer.

I checked out of my first hotel and headed to meet Monte at 8:00. After a wrong turn and a sobering welcome to CA traffic on the 405, I got there at 8:15. Monte was waiting for me on the range. I felt like I had known him for years. There was no need to break the ice: it was like hanging out with a buddy.The day began with a thorough discussion of CP/CF releases and how I must play blades :D (not really) We talked about how the plan was to leave with a knowledge and understanding of my swing; what my misses are and what causes them.

I warmed up with a 7 iron and Monte took some video on his iPad. I hit a few drivers that he took some video of too. True to form, my swing produced shots that went all over the darn place. I'm happy I hit it poorly because we could get to work starting to fix it.

The process was very simple. If you know Monte's posts from here or his videos, they're very straight to the point and easy to understand. Seeing him in person was even easier to understand. We went through a bunch of different feels, keeping the ones that worked, and chucking the ones that didn't immediately. Any teacher that tells you that you have to get worse before you get better is insane. I was hitting the ball better within a handful of swings.

Instead of a million different swing thoughts, it boiled down to 2/3. My issues were the same ones as usual. Not enough depth in the backswing, steepening the shaft in transition, and massive goat humping/ chicken wing in the downswing/followthrough.

Before today, I thought I had a pretty good understanding of what I was feeling throughout the swing. I do a lot of mirror work and film my own swing. We've all heard the saying feel isn't real, but man: I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS DOING

I Had some major lightbulb moments. I shallowed the shaft for probably the first time ever and it felt great. The good shots were on a great trajectory and only fell off either way, no massive curvature and mostly straight. It was awesome! My misses now are about as good as my best shots before.

The thoughts that are currently in my head are 1) get deep on the backswing by rotating my left arm correctly. 2) in transition, feel like I'm dropping the CLUBHEAD behind me while simultaneously rolling onto my right instep. Then 3) when I feel like the clubhead is almost touching the ground, rotate my left forearm through hard and extend my arms.

One of the most important changes we made was in the setup. I was crowding the ball way too much. It didn't seem like it originally. Standing further away and getting deep enough is giving me enough room to have a fast arm speed.

Speaking of speed, I picked up a considerable amount once after we worked on things. I reverted back to my old habits for one swing so that Monte could use his swing speed radar. That swing was roughly 95mph. Steep, EE and gross. Later with the "New swing" I had one around 115mph. The numbers were give or take but the takeaway is this: +~20 mph clubhead speed. Once I get this transition down I'll be able to rip at it.

So the breakdown of the day was this:

Range work
Chipping/Sand
Range work.

If you've seen Monte's short game video, that's what we worked on. I've always been in the hands forward ball back chop down on it chipping camp. When I was on, I was great. All the other days, frustration wasn't the word for it. Chunks and blades galore. I can't tell you how easy this chipping method is when you get it. After tossing a ball to the target, I now know what the correct technique feels like. Once again I thought I was doing it right in the past but nope. A few adjustments and I was picking it up well. We hit shots to various flags just changing the right arm speed required to reach the target. The sand shots were an easy transition. Just a little different setup, but again nice and shallow. Monte posted a video above of a sand shot over a 6 foot lip. I think I hit it within 5 feet or so.

After that I hit a couple shots over the bunker to a tight pin. Never thought I could do that let alone with a square clubface. After that it was back to the range for some more full swing work and practice.

Monte left at 12, and I practiced for another 45 mins. I hit some pretty good shots on my own. It'll be good to keep working tomorrow and Wednesday.

Overall, it was a great day. If I had only come for one day I would be more than satisfied. The fact that I have two more days makes me really excited. Tomorrow we'll be playing Oak Creek. I'm seeing some great golf in my future. I can't say enough good things about what's already happened with my swing. If you haven't thought about when you can get here to work with Monte, get on it! It's more than worth it. Its the best instruction I've ever had. Monte has some videos that I'm sure he'll post at some point.

More posts on food, hotel, and Tuesday/Wednesday sessions to follow.

[quote name='akim47' timestamp='1393887435' post='8790269']
I've recently taken up lessons with Monte - great guy and well worth it. I guess I take it for granted that I live 10 minutes from Oak Creek.

Enjoy the In N Out. Its great. Other burger places to try locally - Peter's Gourmade (Newport Ave in Tustin) - awesome burgers and 5 minutes from Roger Dunn (you can work off the calories by testing out new equip) where they have a bunch of stalls w/ flightscope monitors for you to use. Umami burger (Bristol in Costa Mesa) - now a chain w more locations, but still good for an overpriced burger. Slater's 50/50 (HB and Anaheim Hills) - try the 50/50. For those that don't know 50/50 means patty is half beef/ half bacon. There are more places, but I'm getting hungry. Slaters also has a good selection of local/semilocal craft beer.
[/quote]

The 50/50 sounds incredible

I think you will even feel better about everything on the third day. Doing more than one day really helps cement everything, for me anyway. On day three, changes will already start feeling better and you will be able to tackle more most likely. Good work. Look forward to the day three before and after.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

[quote name='Sean2' timestamp='1393894954' post='8791125']
I have no idea what you are talking about with those three steps, but I am glad it's working for you!

Also, very impressed to see warm sunshine and short-sleeved shirt. :-)
[/quote]

Haha! Well those three steps are definitely tailored to my swing. Swing changes are so unique. Some of the things we changed would not bode well for others, and in some cases would actually spark a debate here on WRX.

It was 75 and sunny today. For whatever reason I didn't plan on the need for sunscreen. I didn't get burned thank goodness but any longer and it would've been a real possibility. Great white Northerner skin lol.

[quote name='Hstead' timestamp='1393895247' post='8791167']
I think you will even feel better about everything on the third day. Doing more than one day really helps cement everything, for me anyway. On day three, changes will already start feeling better and you will be able to tackle more most likely. Good work. Look forward to the day three before and after.
[/quote]

Absolutely I agree. At first the changes were awkward and I had to swing pretty lightly. By the end I could start unloading on it. Taking the changes to the course will be a good challenge tomorrow and day 3 will likely solidify things like you say.

No love for the awesome sand shot?

Here is a swing sequence. Before is on RIGHT and after on left.

Swing on right was 91-95 mph.

On left was 107... Another swing I didn't film got up to 116.

The SSR I have runs about 3-5 mph faster than a Trackman, but fairly consistent.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

[quote name='markponi' timestamp='1393902680' post='8792341']
Wow. Nice before and after. Monte, what was the key idea to getting less spine tilt at impact? If you don't mind of course:)...
[/quote]

After is on the left. He has more tilt now.

"Before" his head came up through impact and he had EE.

BERTRAND RUSSELL

• Schnee changed the title to SchneeWRX- A Tradition Unlike Any Other