Prarie Club

jcleve

I'm heading out to The Prairie Club next week. I assume this is a walking-only facility? Are caddies required, or can I rent a rickshaw?

Starting the trip with a round at Tiburon in Omaha on Saturday, Awarii Dunes and Wild Horse on Sunday, PC Dunes on Monday, PC Pines on Tuesday, and Bayside and Riverdale Dunes on Thursday. No firm plans on Wednesday, but I hope I might be able to get on at Sand Hills or Dismal River, but if not it'll probably be another round on PC Dunes.

Skip Tiburon and play Quarry Oaks! If you want to play near Omaha, I would play Indian Creek or bent Tree. Other nice courses near Omaha would be Iron Horse and maybe Woodland Hills. There are some good ones in Lincoln as well.

I love PC Pines, my buddy preferred PC Dunes. Both are great! You will want a cart. lots of space between holes at times.

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm heading out to The Prairie Club next week. I assume this is a walking-only facility? Are caddies required, or can I rent a rickshaw?

Starting the trip with a round at Tiburon in Omaha on Saturday, Awarii Dunes and Wild Horse on Sunday, PC Dunes on Monday, PC Pines on Tuesday, and Bayside and Riverdale Dunes on Thursday. No firm plans on Wednesday, but I hope I might be able to get on at Sand Hills or Dismal River, but if not it'll probably be another round on PC Dunes.

Skip Tiburon and play Quarry Oaks! If you want to play near Omaha, I would play Indian Creek or bent Tree. Other nice courses near Omaha would be Iron Horse and maybe Woodland Hills. There are some good ones in Lincoln as well.

I love PC Pines, my buddy preferred PC Dunes. Both are great! You will want a cart. lots of space between holes at times.

Quarry Oaks has an outing on Saturday, so no tee times are available. It was my first choice. I'll check out IC and BT. Thanks.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

Quarry Oaks has an outing on Saturday, so no tee times are available. It was my first choice. I'll check out IC and BT. Thanks.

Either would be good, but add Iron Horse and Woodland Hills to the list. Those four are below Quarry, but fun tracks. Both IH and WH are out near Quarry though, while IC is in West Omaha and Bent Tree is just across the river.

Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Either would be good, but add Iron Horse and Woodland Hills to the list. Those four are below Quarry, but fun tracks. Both IH and WH are out near Quarry though, while IC is in West Omaha and Bent Tree is just across the river.

Iron Horse doesn't allow singles to book online, so they're out. Woodland Hills looks interesting. I'll add it to the short list.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

So, how would you rank Indian Creek, Bent Tree, and Woodland Hills? What are the courses in Lincoln that I should consider? I'll be heading west on I-80, so a Lincoln area course is a possibility if it's better than the Omaha area courses.

Edit: Duh. I'm booked at Indian Creek (Black/Gray) on Saturday, not Tiburon. Are Bent Tree and Woodland Hills significantly better?

Funny, you're going to be in my neck of the woods (roughly) and I'm going to be in yours.

Where are you playing?

It is not a walking only course. It is a resort - carts. No caddies, nor would you even need one.

Funny, you're going to be in my neck of the woods (roughly) and I'm going to be in yours.

Where are you playing?

I'm not sure yet. Just started a thread in the Midwest forum. We'll be in Bolingbrook. Partly depends if my son is going to play or not.

BTW, it's been a few years, but they did have fore caddies at the Prairie Club. Not a bad idea.

It is not a walking only course. It is a resort - carts. No caddies, nor would you even need one.

First tee on the Dunes is at least a half mile from the clubhouse. We did see a few walkers.

Indian Creek and Tiburon are mediocre compared to the rest of your trip.

Call Firethorn in Lincoln, one of Pete Dye's best and a very tough track. Woodland Hills is a solid runner up. Iron Horse is also a good one with a few memorable holes

Driver: Ping G410 LST (Diamana ZF)
5w:  Titleist TS2 (Ventus Blue)
3H: Titleist 818 H2 (Ventus Blue HB)
or 3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Tour AD DI)
4-P: PXG 0311T (KBS $-Taper)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Cally MD5
Putter: PXG Mini Gunboat H

Call Firethorn in Lincoln, one of Pete Dye's best and a very tough track. Woodland Hills is a solid runner up. Iron Horse is also a good one with a few memorable holes

Thanks. I'll give Firethorn a call, but being private, I doubt I can get on. WH looks like they have an outing on Saturday afternoon, as there are no tee times in my time window. Given that it's an hour from the airport, and I have to allow time to grab my bags and rental car, it would be cutting it too close. Iron Horse doesn't allow singles to book.

Thanks. I'll give Firethorn a call, but being private, I doubt I can get on. WH looks like they have an outing on Saturday afternoon, as there are no tee times in my time window. Given that it's an hour from the airport, and I have to allow time to grab my bags and rental car, it would be cutting it too close. Iron Horse doesn't allow singles to book.

I was a member at Firethorn for a few years and some have had success just calling.

As for Iron Horse... I would pick up the phone and book a tee at Iron Horse 100 times before playing gun Indian Creek or Tiburon once.

You are having some pretty bad luck with outings!

My amount of jealousy over your trip is hard to overstate

I was a member at Firethorn for a few years and some have had success just calling.

As for Iron Horse... I would pick up the phone and book a tee at Iron Horse 100 times before playing gun Indian Creek or Tiburon once.

Yeah, the scheduling on this trip has been more miss than hit. I called Sand Hills, and they said "No dice". No surprise. I just sent an email to Dismal River, hoping to get in a round on Wednesday. I'll give Firethorn a call.

Riverdale Dunes doesn't allow singles to book, either, even though their tee sheet is wide open on Thursday afternoon. I will simple never figure out why courses insist on turning away players simply because they don't have a reliable buddy who golfs.

Agreed, at least on week days.

Sandhills is legendary for their non-member policy, only once in your life unless you are with a member. I saw a post about a guy that flew in from the coast and was turned away because he played 15 years prior.

Dismal is much easier to get on and gives you multiple options.

Have a safe and fun trip. I'm surprised Sand Hills said "no" to you. You must not have told them that you are Argonne69 from GolfWRX, did you?

Agreed, at least on week days.

Sandhills is legendary for their non-member policy, only once in your life unless you are with a member. I saw a post about a guy that flew in from the coast and was turned away because he played 15 years prior.

Dismal is much easier to get on and gives you multiple options.

I got a reply from Dismal River, and it's looking good. They require a one night stay on property during the week, which is no problem whatsoever. I'm waiting to hear back regarding the details. I have my fingers crossed, and I'm stoked.

I agree that Iron horse is better than Indian. but I still like playing Indian. I live out in west Omaha so it's fairly close, and they usually keep it in decent shape. Indian will be hosting a web.com even soon. I know that doesn't make it a better course, but it has to be decent usually to host a tournament (at least I assumed haha) I haven't played it in a month or two since I bought a season pass elsewhere, so I don't know the condition. I would definitely prefer Bent Tree or Iron Horse or Woodland Hills though (that being said, Woodland Hills costs over $70 to play, if I'm paying over $70 I'll play Quarry)

I've heard good things about Wilderness Ridge, but I don't golf in Lincoln much.

Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Yeah, the scheduling on this trip has been more miss than hit. I called Sand Hills, and they said "No dice". No surprise. I just sent an email to Dismal River, hoping to get in a round on Wednesday. I'll give Firethorn a call.

Riverdale Dunes doesn't allow singles to book, either, even though their tee sheet is wide open on Thursday afternoon. I will simple never figure out why courses insist on turning away players simply because they don't have a reliable buddy who golfs.

Wish you were coming a week later. I would drive over and join you at Riverdale Dunes.

Called Firethorn. No go without a member or a call from a home club pro. Iron Horse won't give a single a tee time even though the afternoon is wide open, and they won't allow a single to go out unless paired with a twosome or threesome, so they're a no go as well.

I canceled Indian Creek, and booked Woodland Hills. Hopefully I get get out of the airport with little hassle and make it down to Eagle with a few minutes to spare.

I've played close to 350 courses around the country, and the vast majority have been as a single. I'll never figure out why these courses turn away business, and then turn around and moan about how golf is in decline.

I do not think time will be an issue as long as the flight lands on time, which it should. 2 hours for rental car and to get to Eagle is plenty of time.

Really enjoyed Riverdale Dunes - played it after playing GVR in the morning, as it is also easy to get to the airport from it.

It's like a low-rent version of the Irish course in Kohler and I mean that as a compliment. It was really fun :)

I went off as a single, the twosome in front of me wanted no part of me and wouldn't let me pass, so I just hung back and joined up with a twosome that caught up to me.

I checked their site, saw openings, so drove over, and off I went. Friendly pro shop staff too. If their teesheet looks open, I'd just go over and play it, it's worth it.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Really enjoyed Riverdale Dunes - played it after playing GVR in the morning, as it is also easy to get to the airport from it.

It's like a low-rent version of the Irish course in Kohler and I mean that as a compliment. It was really fun :)

I went off as a single, the twosome in front of me wanted no part of me and wouldn't let me pass, so I just hung back and joined up with a twosome that caught up to me.

I checked their site, saw openings, so drove over, and off I went. Friendly pro shop staff too. If their teesheet looks open, I'd just go over and play it, it's worth it.

I'll most likely do that. It'll be my 9th or 10th round in six days, so even if I don't get on it wouldn't be the end of the world.

I'll most likely do that. It'll be my 9th or 10th round in six days, so even if I don't get on it wouldn't be the end of the world.

That's it.

It was my 9th in 4 days, after we played Wild Horse/Dunes, Pines x 3, Dunes x 2, GVR - drop my mate off at the airport and then go play another as our flights were 7hrs apart. I first went over to Common Ground but they couldn't get me out till too late, so I then went over to Riverdale Dunes.

It's a very walkable course, but eff me after all that I was riding. For the two of us, who are coastal born and raised and now live, driving across I80 is something else... especially through thunder and hail storms!

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

In addition to my love affair with golf, I'm also a railfan. I'm planning to spend a few hours at Golden Spike Tower checking out Union Pacific's Bailey Yard in North Platte.

cc-BaileyYard_Nabb-f3cfee2c.jpeg

IIRC, largest in the US, hope to see a review on the courses.

Yes, that's true. I'll create a new thread for my course reviews, and post pics after I return home late next week.

That's it.

It was my 9th in 4 days, after we played Wild Horse/Dunes, Pines x 3, Dunes x 2, GVR - drop my mate off at the airport and then go play another as our flights were 7hrs apart. I first went over to Common Ground but they couldn't get me out till too late, so I then went over to Riverdale Dunes.

It's a very walkable course, but eff me after all that I was riding. For the two of us, who are coastal born and raised and now live, driving across I80 is something else... especially through thunder and hail storms!

That's funny. In college I had a friend from Orlando. We drove from Lincoln back to western Nebraska. He was amazed at the amount of just plain open space. Then going back we drove highway 2 up through the Sandhills, that highway makes I80 look like an urban corridor.

I'm actually a believer in Indian Creek. If you play the Grayhawk/Blackbird nines, it's a really sweet track. These two nines held the Nebraska Amateur last year, and the course was spectacular. And, as mentioned before, the Web.com is heading there next year. I would also rate Indian Creek above Woodland Hills from a design standpoint, especially after their recent renovation, but it's hard to go wrong with the two.

<br />2017 M2 10.5 HZRDUS Black<br />2017 M2 HL HZRDUS Black<br /> 910h Tour AD-DI 85<br />P750 4-PW KBS C-Taper<br />Vokey SM-6<br />Edel E-2 Torque Balance<br />