2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee - 20 GolfWRXers. 4 Locations. Details here!

I live in Bay Village, OH, so the location should be The Kingdom at Reynolds
I believe I should attend because I am currently playing the Taylormade R1 and am somewhat skeptical that the SLDR is a better driver. The R1 is the first Taylormade driver I have owned. If the SLDR is better, I would really like to experience it. I have been avoiding trying out other drivers because I have been happy with the R1.
R1, set at 10.5*, 2* open, with the Stock Aldila shaft, stiff flex.

TSr 2, 11 driver, Tensei Blue, 55r

TSi 2, 16.5 fairway wood, Tensei Blue, 65r

Aerojet, 21 fairway wood, Kai’li Blue, 65r
Qi10 22 hybrid, Ventus Blue, 65r
AP3, 5-48* - Steelfiber i95 r
Vokey SM9 - 52, 56, KBS Tour lite
Evnroll ER2,  33"

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*][sub][size=4]Handicap: 13[/size][/sub]
[*][sub][size=4]Location: Ventura[/size][/sub]
[*][sub][size=4]Reason why you should attend: The SLDR is just a gimmick that will fill up with dirt and be impossible to clean.[/size][/sub]
[*][sub][size=4]Current driver set-up: TMaG RBZ Tour TP 10.5[/size][/sub]
[/list]

Handicap: 5.3
Reason why you should attend: Let's see the 17/1700 work in windy Oklahoma where winds get up to 30 mph daily. I'm sure that's all well and good in California where I bet the wind never gets above 15mph. You launch it that high on a windy day here and it's going nowhere.
Current driver set-up: Titleist 913D3 9.5 Fujikura Fuel 50 or Fujikura Pro 63.

[size=4]Handicap: [/size][color=#800080]+2[/color]
[list]
[*][size=4]Location: [color=#800080]New Jersey[/color][/size]
[*]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: [/size][color=#800080]April 4th is my birthday ands golf is my life. This newer line of Taylormade really seems pretty good ands less abouts white heads or a certain amounts of yardage promised. It seems they went back to making golf clubs. The whole *loft ups* ands stuff , just nots sure how *real* it is for most golfers. It is interesting if it is true. Nots too many other girls on here either.[/color]
[*]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: [color=#800080]Titleist 913 D3 , Diamana D+ 72g[/color][/size]
[/list]

Thanks for the opportunity...

Handicap- 6-7
Reason: I have hit the SLDR, but don't think I'm gaining anything over my then current, and now current driver. I don't think it will drastically lower spin or increase launch and increase distance. I also believe that the SLDR was rushed to the market to beat the big bertha with the similar sliding weight. In my opinion, the next version of the SLDR will be even better and I was waiting for that version to test. Honestly, I don't think the SLDR would give me any gains, which is why I have not purchased one.
Current driver- R11s with miyazaki black 61s

Titleist TSR3 9* Diamana ZF 60s
Titleist TSR3 15* Diamana ZF 70s

Callaway Paradym 3D 18* Kaili White 70s

Titleist TSR3 24* Atmos Blue 8s
Srixon ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Cleveland RTX6 46,50,54,58 
Betti SS3 or Betti BB46 or Betti BB Proto

Here you go & thanks
Handicap: 1.3
Reason: Quite honestly, I don't swing that fast and have NEVER EVER been fitted for a driver. I always have set up my driver on my own.
Current: Cobra Amp Cell PRO 10.5* Aldila Rip Phenom Regular

9 Clubs Sunday Bag

UST Mamiya - Lamkin - RXS 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/topic/1840618-witb-731-full-bag/

Handicap : 0.9
Location ; Atlanta, GA
Reason I Should Attend : SLDR simply does not fit my swing. Whatever this group does, they are going to regret asking me to come, as my #'s will not be comparable. Sorry, Taylormade.
Current Driver Set Up ; 9.5 Ping G25 Tour X Flex shaft

Callaway Mavrick Sub Zero 9* / Aldila Rip'd NV 65X
Taylormade SLDR 15* / Aldila Copper XTorsion 70X
Yonix Ezone 18* / UST Mayiama V2 75 X
Adams Super 9031  20* & 23* Hybrid / Aldila NV 85X
Maltby TS2 5 & 6 / Project X 6.0
Maltby TS1 7-P  / Project X 6.0 
Callaway JAWS MD5 Raw 52* & 58* / Project X 6.0
Taylormade Tour Issue Manta Ray / 32.5"
Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Handicap: 10

Reason why I should attend: I can't quite comprehend how a company gets away with recycling technology stolen from other companies. (mizuno has to be kicking themselves for not marketing enough). and its able to pass it on as a totally new concept. The last driver Taylormade put out with actual real ground breaking technology was the R11. I just don't buy the hype or the distance claims.

Current Driver Set up: Adams XTD Ti 9* with Fujikura Rombax 7F09 in X flex.

Miura MB 001,  C-Taper lite

Tour Issue 588 Forged raw wedges

Sim UDI, Whiteboard

Tour Issue CB4 Pro 4 wood, Aldila RIp Red Eyes

Tour Issue Sim 2 Max 8*, Tour AD GP5

Cameron Tei3 Newport 2, Ping Jas Anser

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: [/size]0
[*][size=4]Location:[/size] Palm Desert, CA
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: I cant find a driver that optimizes launch conditions. I struggle with high ballflight/ high spin with driver. I swing in the mid 120's and nothing seems to work for me. I need to be custom fit. I've never played a TM club in my life cause of the gimmicks and brand loyalty. [/size]The whole loft up thing is confusing to me cause all I do is loft down. I think its about time I try the forward CG thing....
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: Titleist 910d3 7.5* / Project X8a4[/size] set to lowest setting.
[/list]

Handicap:10-15 ish, don't track yet. Maybe this year...?

Location Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada

I hope you invite me a long because once I pick a brand I tend to stick with it (Titleist irons, Ping woods). I am also am a big talker and know plenty of the golf community in my area and talk about what I love. Which is golf, and what clubs I play, and my great family. Come on Taylormade, make me switch!

Ping I20, axivcore green tour stiff

Paul Booij

Handicap- +1
Location - Fostoria, OH
Reason- Last year after reading great reviews and marketing and a demo day session and guidance of Taylormade demo club fitter I gave in and bought an R1 with Tour AD-DI 7X after a month of trying to get it to work for me I sold it as it couldn't touch my 910 D2. I'm in the market to replace the D2 still and as of right now I'm turned off of taylormade and not really considering the slider at all. I'd love the chance to be proven wrong, that Taylormade indeed does make the #1 performing driver in golf.
Set up- Titleist 910 D2 Project X 7A3 tipped inch

TI 17 M1 Tensei Pro White 60TX
TM M1 3 wood Tensei Pro White 80TX
X2Hot Pro 20 deg Proforce V2 104X
Callaway X Forged UT 21 Deg  PX 7.0 HB6
Titleist T100-S 5-9 PX 7.0
Vokey SM6 46 F grind PX 7.0
Vokey SM6 50 F grind PX 7.0
Vokey SM6 55 M grind PX 7.0
Vokey SM6 60 K grind Low Bounce PX6.5
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5
Scotty Cameron Futura 5w 

Handicap:18
Reason I should attend: I am your average golfer! The claims made by Taylormade "That the SLDR is for everyone." Is contrary to all the research I have done. See I am a reader of golfwrx, daily, but not a poster. With this opportunity I would write the ultimate review for the SLDR "good or bad." Let this be my first post.
Current:Nike covert 9.5 stiff

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1395398741' post='8916583']
[size=4]Today, TaylorMade Golf launched its SLDR Guarantee campaign nationwide. If you buy the SLDR Driver anytime today through June and you don’t love the new distance, TaylorMade will give you your money back. You can't really beat that.....or can you?[/size]

[size=4]TaylorMade knows that GolfWRX members are different. You want to see through the marketing. You analyze every inch of every club. You want to know the full tech story behind everything. Some of you have tried the SLDR and love it. Some like it. [u]This event is not for you.[/u] Watch this short video for the full message for us from TaylorMade's Tom Kroll.[/size]

[size=4]TaylorMade wants GolfWRX members who are skeptics, the non-believes and the doubters of low, forward CG design that powers the SLDR driver to take this challenge. 20 GolfWRX members will be flown to 4 different TaylorMade Performance Labs across the country. Each will be fit for SLDR and test their driver head-to-head with TaylorMade's flagship big stick. [/size]

[color=#b22222][b][size=4]LOCATIONS[/size][/b][/color][list]
[*][size=4]The Jim Flick Kingdom, Carlsbad, CA[/size]
[*][size=4]TMPL at Gleneagles, near Dallas, TX[/size]
[*][size=4]TMPL at TPC Sawgrass, near Jacksonville, FL[/size]
[*][size=4]The Kingdom at Reynolds, near Atlanta, GA[/size]
[/list]
[size=4][color=#b22222][b]DATE[/b][/color]
April 4, 2014 - Look for the LIVE thread
[size=2](trip will be April 3-5 for attendees and include a round of golf as well)[/size][/size]

[size=4]How will they ensure the results are fair? Data. Cold hard numbers. Launch monitors will be used in each location to ensure similar swings and prevent sandbagging. GolfWRX will have reps at each location and we'll cover it live for you.

[color=#b22222][b]THE WRINKLE[/b][/color]
There is an extra wrinkle to this challenge coming soon. Attendees will find out soon enough so stay tuned.

[color=#b22222][b]THE ATTENDEES[/b][/color]
When you're looking for skeptics, it's hard to post and trip thread and get pure honesty. What about those who just want a free trip? In order to prevent that, we're sending out invites to 15 members via PM today who have previous posted their doubts and criticisms about SLDR. They'll be announced soon.

[color=#b22222][b]5 SPOTS OPEN (HOW TO ENTER)[/b][/color]
Having said that, we also believe the general membership should have a chance to attend, provided they are a skeptic, doubter or hater. So do you want to attend? Do you doubt the SLDR technology? Enter below. Give us your best reasons why you think you should attend (no lying!) and we'll pick 5 shortly.[/size][list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: [/size]
[*][size=4]Location:[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: [/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up:[/size]
[/list]
[size=4]GO! [/size]
[/quote][list]
[*]Handicap 3.0
[*]Asheville NC
[*]The reason I should attend is, I have a very consistent tour level swing. I fit myself for my current driver. I know my launch monitor and real world numbers. Avg launch angle 13 degrees, Avg ball speed 165, Avg carry distance 280. I believe any fitter would have a hard time improving on my numbers be it a SLDR or any other driver. PROVE ME WRONG!
[*]Current driver Nike Vr Pro Limited edition. 10.5 degrees loft stock Diamanna Ahina in stiff flex cut down to 44.5 inches
[/list]

[b]Handicap[/b]: 10
[b]Location[/b]: Brookfield, CT
[b]Current Driver[/b]: Nike Covert Tour (8.5 degree, Neutral, X-stiff Kuro Kage Silver)

[b]Reason[/b]: I played a Taylor Made 580XD for almost a decade before switching to the Covert Tour. I wouldn't of even switched to the Covert if I had not snapped my shaft. Taylor Made makes good golf clubs but their marketing makes you think that God himself designed and engineered their equipment and that you will instantly go from the average joe to a touring pro playing their newest products. I can't blame them as how else would club manufacturers these days make any money especially with a saturated used club market? The guys from Taylor Made are smart and must of have gotten A's in marketing 101! While forgiveness has increased over the years, driver distance statements have been overblown. Gaining 1 mph ball speed and 2 yards of extra distance on an off center hit really is not that big of a deal, especially for the high swing speed player. In addition, the SLDR's forgiveness has actually decreased compared to the R1 due to the lower/forward center of gravity. I tried the SLDR at a recent demo day at my local range and it performed well. However, I really don't think it is much of an upgrade over any other new driver. Get properly fit and all clubs are more or less equal.

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: GHIN 5.6[/size]
[*][size=4]Location: Churchville, Pa.[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: I feel I should attend because I haven't ever been professionally fit. I have always done my own fittings by what works for me by being a equipment ho and using trial and error.... maybe that's why I have over 8 bags full of clubs...lol and maybe I need to loft up![/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: I have a Tour issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP Version 1 9.5 w/ Aldila Beta 60 stiff .[/size]
[/list]

Tour Issue TM M2 2016 w/Tensi Pro Blue S60
Tour Issue TM M2 15* w/ Adila ATX Green S
TM HFS 21* W GD TOUR AD di 7S
Cobra Pro mb 4-PW w/ Aldila RIP Tour R hard stepped
Titleist Vokey Proto's 54*,56*,60*
Tour Bettinardi BB0 DASS or
Tour Bettinardi BB1 'H' DASS 353g
Recent Acquisition SWAG Handsome One 
Titleist ProV1 X, TM TP X
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/351901-twshoot67s-bag-and-crazy-collection/page__st__30__p__8092784__hl__+twshoot67#entry8092784"]WITB Link[/url]

Wichita ks
The sldr is a fad and that big Bertha alpha spins less than the club and is more forgiving
R11s 9* v2 with kali 70x at 44.5"

Rogue sub zero 9* Hzrdus yellow crafted 6.5 flex
Rogue sub zero 13.5* Hzrdus yellow 6.5 flex
917 F2 18* Speeder Pro TS 84 X
PXG 0311x 2i OTI tour 80x
PXG 0311 4-PW OTI tour 100x
Vokey SM6 Chrome 54*,62*
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Newport

Handicap: 5.6
Reason why you should attend: b/c I'm a skeptic and had a sldr and just couldnt get it dialed in. Wanted to like it along with a lot of previous TM offerings but it just didnt work for me.
Current driver set-up: 913 D3 8.5* with fuji speeder tour spec 7.2x

Ping G400 LST 8.5* w/ Tensei Pro White 70 TX
TM '17 M2 15* w/ Kurokage Dual Core 80 TX
TM P790 UDI 2 w/ KBS Tour 130x
Titleist 718 CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130x
Fourteen Raw RM 22 50, 54, 58 w/ KBS 610 Tour Black Nickel
Scotty Cameron Circle T Futura 6M[/b][/color][/font][/size][/font][/size]

Handicap: 1.4
Reason Why I should attend: Don't think that there is another driver that will give me the number, results, playability, and feel of my current driver
Current driver set-up: TaylorMade R1, Matix Ozik Black Tie 7M3, cut to 44", counterweighted 44 grams under grip, 6 wraps with 2 additionals wraps under the right hand, heel weighted heavier, set to 9.5*, set one option open.

TM R1 w/ Axivcore Red Tour X
TM RBZ w/ AD-DI 6X
19* and 22* Super LS Axivcore X
4-9 Mizuno MP67 w/ C-Taper X
Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback
47, 53, 59 Titleist SM4 Wedges

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: 10[/size]
[*][size=4]Location:Kingsburg CA[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: I really wanted to like this driver when I demoed it out on my local course(Ridge Creek, Dinuba CA). Club house had a 9.5* for me to try out. IT WAS THE WORST DRIVER I HAVE EVER TRIED!!!! I could not get the ball airborne. Nothing but "rug burners" with this driver. I have never used a driver where it was so difficult to get any air under the ball. I have tried all the name drivers over the last 10 years, and this one was by far the worst I have tried. I would love for you to prove me wrong...but I just don't see it happening. [/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up:[/size] I currently use a Ping G25 10.5*, which is easy to get into the air.
[/list]

Handicap: +1.7
Reason why you should attend: personally have hit the sldr once or twice and just felt dead to me, the low spin left me having to swing very up on the ball and miss hit it. I just don't believe it's so much better than other drivers out there today to receive a 20/20 on the hotlist. I'd like to be proven wrong but just can't see the drastic change in distance happening.
Current driver set-up: 913 D3 8.5, 70x aldila phenom shaft

[list]
[*]Handicap: 7.9
[*]Location: Augusta, GA
[*]Reason why you should attend: Struggle from the Tee. I feel like I could tap into some missing distance. HAven't found anything that worked for me so I stick with a 10 year old clubs that works. Tried the SLDR and didn't like it.......thinking it was the shaft.
[*]Current driver set-up: r510 tp 7.5* with AXE Xcaliber T6+ ..........Loft up?????? Nah.......
[/list]

As usual, probably not open to Canadians!? Seems there are a lot on here, but never seem to qualify for anything on here?! But nothing ventured, nothing gained?!

[size=4]Handicap: 4[/size]
[list]
[*][size=4]Location: an hour from Detroit in Ontario Canada[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: TM is all about marketing. Over the yrs. I have hit dozens of drivers, and yes some TM. I hit them all the same distance. All OEMs make claims, but they are all the same distance for me. Just and different paint job from yr. to yr.[/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: Don't play one. Hit 3 wood off the tee. Drivers are north of $400, not worth the extra 30 yrds. Convince me TM I should carry a SLDR![/size]
[/list]

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 3W

TM Sim2 4H

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-PW

SM10 50, 56*

SC Phantom 5.5

TM TR

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Handicap: 6.4
Reason you should attend: There is nothing about the SLDR that is different from any of the previous 12 TM drivers. In 4 months we will get another $399 driver option from TaylorMade and people will forget about the SLDR. I'm fine with my CT 2.0.
Current Driver Set-up: Nike Covert Tour 2.0 KuroKage TiNi X Flex

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: +.1[/size]
[*][size=4]Location: Southern California[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: Simple: I have a SLDR and I needed to loft[b] [i]down [/i][/b]to achieve the best results with it. My other driver, Ping i20, is a 9.5* and I have the SLDR 9.5* head set at 8.5*. That is the setting I have achieved the best results with but it is still only equal in distance to the i20....[/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: SLDR w/ Fijikura Speeder 57 set at 8.5* and Ping i20 9.5*[/size]
[/list]

[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9.0*[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway Rogue 15*[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway X Hot Pro 23* [/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Callaway Apex MB 5-PW[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Bridgestone J15 50*, 54*, 58*[/color][/font]
[font=georgia, serif][color=#454545]Taylormade Spider Tour Red[/color][/font]

Current Handicap: 10

Reason for attending: I will be a hard one to convince. Everything I have heard and read seems to indicate that if you hit it 300 plus yards this driver is for you. I am an aging 62 y/o and swing speed is down to about 95-105. I can still get it out there and sometimes hit it 260-280 (when down wind, lol) I can't imagine a low forward center of gravity is going to add yards. Spring like effect has NOT changed, drivers are maxed out. Great marketing though.

Current Set Up: Ping G25, straight and long.

Current Handicap: 8.3

Reason for Attending: I've gone through a lot of Taylormade drivers (r5, Burner, Superfast, r9 Supertri, R11s) and have settled into the R11s. After keeping my R11s in the bag for the last 2 seasons (an accomplishment for me!), I haven't really looked into any of the newer offerings. I've seen all of the ads and reviews, but haven't looked into the SLDR because I don't really know how much of a difference there could really be.

Current Set Up: Taylormade R11s 9*, Matrix 7M3 Black Tie