2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee - 20 GolfWRXers. 4 Locations. Details here!

Thanks GolfWRX and Taylormade for this opportunity:

Handicap: 1

Reason why you should attend:

I am a skeptic. I have hit the SLDR on 2 separate occasions. PGA Show in Orlando and here is San Diego at Golf Galaxy. I hit both on launch monitors. Both times they raised the loft up and up. And I was always launching at the same launch angle. Both Taylormade technicians were saying they wish they had a little more time with me to figure out what the proper setup was. They said my swing was really good and they would love to figure out the issue. I really like the feel of the club. I just am not sure if its worth it until I can figure out the right loft and shaft combo. So right now I am a skeptic. Please change this. I just replaced my whole bag of Nike Irons to the new Tour Preffered MB's/MC's I absolutely love them. I am addicted to golf and this would help me cross off one item on my bucket list. THE KINGDOM!!!!

Current driver set-up:
Taylormade R11s 9.5 Driver with it adjusted to the highest loft setting. I hit this club really well and long. I am using the TP RIP Adilla XStiff shaft

Thanks again Taylormade and GolfWRX.

Tim

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: 8[/size]
[*][size=4]Location: Seattle, WA[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: At this point in technology, I think getting fitted for the right shaft makes the biggest impact. The right shaft will maximize the driver's performance. I'd rather spend a few hundred on a shaft than a new head. If anything, I might upgrade my 910 to a 913; but, I'm not considering the SLDR. [/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: Ping i20 9.5 w/ Fujikura Rombax 6W06 X-flex (for Winter) and Titleist 910 D3 9.5 w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x (for Summer)[/size]
[/list]

[size=4]Handicap: 9.8[/size][list]
[*][size=4]Location: Boston[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: Honestly, I believe that TM is a company built on gimmicks and advertisement, I don't believe that this driver is any longer or more accurate then my current setup. [/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: [url="http://stat.dealtime.com/DealFrame/DealFrame.cmp?bm=519&BEFID=96424&acode=539&code=539&aon=&crawler_id=446528&dealId=65Kirh6ejWI3VMli-hjVbw%3D%3D&searchID=&url=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F711-56844-1854-0%2F2%3Fkwid%3D1%26mtid%3D545%26crlp%3D1_240291%26kw%3D%7Bquery%7D%26linkin_id%3D%7Blinkin_id%7D%26sortbid%3D%7Bbidamount%7D%26fitem%3D261349863550%26mt_id%3D545%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.ebay.com%252Fitm%252Flike%252F261349863550%26mid%3D446528%26sdc_id%3D%7Bsdc_id%7D&DealName=Adams%20Speedline%20Super%20Ls%20Driver%20Golf%20Club%209.5%20Degree%20Stiff%20Flex%20Kurokage%20Mint&MerchantID=446528&HasLink=yes&category=0&AR=-1&NG=1&GR=1&ND=1&PN=1&RR=-1&ST=&MN=msnFeed&FPT=SDCF&NDS=1&NMS=1&NDP=1&MRS=&PD=146784470&brnId=2455&lnkId=8070676&Issdt=140321050837&IsFtr=0&IsSmart=0&dlprc=124.94&SKU=261349863550"]Titleist 913 D3 Tour ad di-6x[/url][/size], Neutral set
[/list]

HANDICAP- 4.4

Location-Plattsburgh NY

REASON-only played 2 TM clubs the 540 R7 425. Neither stayed in bag long. I highly doubt its longer than my Adams LDA 9016D, which is the longest club i have tried.

Current Driver- Adams LDA 9016D w/ fuji zcom tw64, cant be BEAT!!! other drivers i own are 913d2, Adams Speedline Classic which is another low spin bomber. These will be EXTREMELY TOUGH TO BEAT!

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

[b]Handicap:[/b] 2.6
[b]Location:[/b] Sacramento, CA
[b]Reason to attend:[/b] This "Low Forward CG" is just a marketing ploy so that the next line that TaylorMade introduces can be their "Longest and Most Forgiving Driver Ever" because they have lowered the CG back and down again. The distance increases that are being claimed come at the sake of forgiveness. This is not a problem for professionals who don't have a problem hitting the ball out of the sweet spot, but for amateurs the forgiveness is more important than the spin and launch characteristics of the club. From a video that I saw on youtube through the secret in the dirt channel, a Taylormade tour rep talking about Steve Elkington's driver said that the superfast tp (black one) had a CG location that is very close to the SLDR but it seems that everybody has moved on since that model release, so why will the SLDR be any different. After the next product release, the SLDR will be forgotten.
[b]Current Driver Setup:[/b] Taylormade R1 10.5 Loft sleeve setting, 3* Open on the sole plate, 2 gram in the toe, 10 gram in the heel, Aldila RIP Alpha 80x, 45.5", D8 Swing Weight, White GP Tour Wrap 2G with 2 wraps of tape.

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: [/size]20
[*][size=4]Location:[/size] Tucson, AZ
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: [/size]Reduce my driver tee shot dispersion, increase fairways hit, and lower my lost ball count in the desert.
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: RH Cleveland Classic 270 10.5, Miyazaki regular flex[/size]
[/list]

[size=4][b]Handicap:[/b] high; no official; ~ 25.[/size]

[b][size=4]Location: [/size][/b][size=4]I prefer TPC Sawgrass, but since I'm in Houston, it would make sense that I attend in Dallas. [/size]

[size=4][b]Reason:[/b] (1) I am skeptical of TaylorMade in general because I believe it manufactures hype around its products, particularly its drivers; (2) I think that Loft Up campaign is gimicky and attempts to appeal to the masses by resonating with the widely held misconception that loft alone is the answer; (3) I believe adjustable heads are a fad and will go out of style; and (4) because I dare you to pick me. [/size]

[size=4][b]Current: [/b]Ping i25, 9.5*, 44.5", Fuji EXS 6.1 Regular. [/size][size=4] [/size]

[list]
[*]Handicap: 2
[*]Location: Canada
[*][color="#282828"]Reason why you should attend: Because my area lacks a proper fitting cart WITH a knowledgeable fitter to put me into something that works. Instead I spend countless dollars or "trial and error". [/color]
[*]Current driver set-up: Nike VR Ltd. 9.5 w Speeder TS 6.3 Stiff tipped 1/2"
[/list]

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[color="#282828"]This is great idea![/color][list]
[*]Handicap: 9ish (Haven't kept track in a while)
[*]Location: Los Angeles, CA
[*][color="#282828"]Reason why you should attend: I have hit the SLDR once and I don't think there was any distance gained or less spin. My opinion could change if I could see some actual numbers.[/color]
[*]Current driver set-up: Titleist 913D3 9.5 - Tour Ad-Di 6x
[/list]

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: 11[/size]
[*][size=4]Location: Baltimore, MD[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: Loyal Taylormade follower but don't really think anything will beat out my R1TP. Looking at trying out the new BB alpha but having doubts about that too. Haven't had a chance to hit a ball since January due to snow.[/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: R1TP set to Neutral, 10g weight in heel and loft of 11.25[/size]
[/list]

Epic Flash SZ 9 degree AD IZ 6s
Adams Dhy 18 and 21 Matrix White Tie
Apex Pro 19 5-AW Steelfiber i110s
Mack Daddy 4 54 Steelfiber i110s
High Toe 60 and 64 Modus 120s
Spider X Blue

[list]
[*][size=4][b]Handicap:[/b] at best, I was a 2. Not currently registered anywhere, but best guess would be 7[/size]
[/list]
[list]
[*][size=4][b]Location:[/b] Living in Austin, so Dallas would be closest. That being said, TMAG can tell me where they want me and I'll go there.[/size]
[*][size=4][b]Reason why you should attend:[/b] Simple. Been playing golf for 45 years, have hit TONS of different driver/shaft combinations (going back to good old persimmon), and have yet to find a combination that gave me a noticeable distance advantage. Kind of doubt such a thing exists, and frankly have pretty much given up on the idea of hitting a par-5 in two again. Doubts aside, anybody that calls himself a "Product Evangelist" deserves an opportunity to convert me![/size]
[*][size=4][b]Current driver set-up:[/b] In November I bought a Ping G25, 9.5 degree (set to the "Tour" open setting), Graphite Design Tour AD-DI6 stiff, 45" with Ping full cord +1/16". Went with it because I wanted to move to bigger head, liked the look and got a good price. Actually think my average distance has dropped a bit, so thinking of going back to my 10 year old Callaway FT-3 Big Bertha Fusion Tour, 10.5 degree, fade bias, Mitsubishi Bassara 63x5ct, Stiff, Golf Pride New Decade black/red midsize +1 wrap.[/size]
[/list]

[b]Handicap:[/b] 5-10 (Don't officially have one)
[b]Location[/b]: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
[b]Reason:[/b] I have never been a big fan of TM metalwoods. The last one i kind of liked was an R11. I have not yet tried the SLDR, and i don't see how it could possibly add that much more distance and accuracy than my current club. I would love to be proved wrong.
[b]Current Driver:[/b] 910 D2 9.5* w/ Diamana 'ahina 70s.

Callaway Rogue ST TD w/ Tensei White 65X
Callaway Rogue ST 15* w/ Tensei White 75X
Callaway Mavrik Pro 19* Hybrid w/ KBS Prototype 95 X
Ping i230 w/ DG X100 120
Callaway Jaws 50,54,58 w/ KBS 610 Wedge 125
Ping PLD Prime Tyne 4

Handicap: 11.1

Reason I should attend:I feel all the major OEMs are just playing with shaft combos to gain performance. I played a Cally FT-iQ for years. Then switched to the TM Superfast. Yes, my distance improved...but dispersion was horrible. I cut it down to the same length as my FT-iQ and magically my distances were the same. Then, I recently upgraded to the R1. I did gain yardage there, and i feel it was due in great part to lofting up. The only way i see the SLDR gaining anymore distance than my R1 is if they found a new shaft set-up that is more tuned for high loft drivers. I think the idea of shifting low/back,high/forward, low forward has such a miniscule effect. Its all about the shaft games. I hope the shaft companies get part of the OEMs R&D budget for all they do.

Current Set-up: TaylorMade R1 @ 12 degrees. Factory Stiff RIP shaft

[size=2]3-PW: Nike Pro Combo Tours (the originals) 6.5 Rifles[/size]
[size=2]Wedges: Callaway MD2 52, Callaway PM Grind 60[/size]
[size=2]Putter: Yes! Marilyn 31"[/size]
[size=2]Ball: Hex Chrome + or Wilson Duo Urethane[/size]

[list]
[*]Handicap: 2
[*]Location: syracuse new york
[*]Reason why you should attend: its really cold in upstate new york and there is still zero sign of spring weather on the horizon. The way it is looking so far makes me think i wont get to play till may! Would love to see what taylormade has made of adams since the buy out. Not a skeptic of the sldr but just havent found a reason to pull the trigger on it despite all the reviews.
[*]Current driver set-up. Adams launch lab 9.5 with Diamana WB tip stiff 62 grams
[/list]

TaylorMade Slider w/ Oban Kiyoshi 65x
Adams Tight Lies 3w w/ Accra 85m+
Adams MB2 3-Pw w/KBS C-Taper X
51* 56* 60* Vokey TVD M w/ KBS HiRev
Scotty Del Mar 34'' 360g Heavy

Handicap: 20
Location: Central Nebraska, would gladly attend ANY location.
Reason I should be chosen: I was a Taylormade loyalist until the woods went white. I hate the white heads and went elsewhere. I only returned when the black R1 (current driver) came out. Playing it at 10 degrees and I already hit my drives high. I don't see how more loft can possibly help get more distance. If that was the case, then whey not just use a 3 or 5 wood?

[list]
[*]Handicap: 5.5
[*]Location: Chicago, Ill
[*][color="#282828"]Reason why you should attend: I don't believe Taylormade actually changes anything from Driver to driver, rather just put stuff out to make money, and everything that i have it in recent memory is just bad.[/color]
[*]Current driver set-up: Nike VRS 9.5* (set to neutral flat) with Fibuki 51 gram stiff. also have Wilson Staff FG Tour M3 with RIP Phenom NL set to 10.5 and 7 gram weight (but i havent gotten it from Wilson quite yet
[/list]

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: 4[/size]
[*][size=4]Location: Conway, AR[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: Just moved away from TM to Titleist b/c the TM of past just didn't cut it. I struggle with driver accuracy and distance, so it sounds like if fit correctly, the SLDR might possibly be the one[/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: Titleist 913D2 10.5 w/ Aldila RIP Phenom 70 stiff[/size]
[/list]

Titleist 913D2 10.5* Phenom 70S
Titleist 913F 15* Phenom 80X
Titleist 714 AP1 3-iron w/ x100
Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) w/ x100
Ping Anser Redwood 303ss w/ SS 2.0
Titleist SM4 52.12/SM5 58K w/ s400

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1395413081' post='8917819']
Handicap: 8-ish (haven't been able in a LONG time!)
Reason I should attend: This should speak for itself (what timing on my part!)- [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/989497-who-is-lofting-up-for-actually-disclaimer-this-is-long-with-no-pictures-and-requires-some-reading/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...s-some-reading/[/url] I'd suggest reading it!- [b]"[color=#323232]Who is "Lofting Up" for, Actually?"[/color][/b]
Current driver set up: Big Bertha Alpha 9* (set +1*, N), Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.2 stiff, 45", NDMC red/ whiteout +2 wraps
[/quote]
I just read your thread "Who is lofting up" yesterday and when I saw this contest I immediately thought back to it. You should definitely be picked to go on this trip and I would love to hear what you have to say when you come back. A lot of things you mentioned in that thread I have agreed with and I think you will ask some good questions. I personally have tried the Sldr due to all the hype on these forums but have found it to be one of the poorest preforming drivers for me. Maybe it just doesn't fit me well, who knows. But it was spinning more than my 913D3 and I had no consistency with it whatsoever. As a 5 hdcp I would expect to hit any driver decent but I just didnt have any success it. I also agree that 17/1700 is unrealistic for most golfers and there is no way that can be the target numbers for every golfer regardless of club head speed, AOA etc. It seems 17/1700 is just something easy to remember and makes it a good marketing tool.

Titleist 915 D3 7.75*
Ping I20 17* Hybrid
Ping I20 20* Hybrid
Mizuno MP-69 4-PW
Ben Hogan Tk15 50*, 54*, 58*
Ping Scottsdale TR Shea H

Handicap: 1

Reason you should attend: I'm a huge skeptic of any marketing ploy TM seems to come out with this days. I'm tired of hearing 17 more yards here, or 13 more yards there. In all honesty, this is why I don't even consider your products when I'm in the market for something new. Also, the technology seems to be a far cry from "innovative". We've seen adjustable fixed weighting before. It's hard for me to even consider any of your products, knowing that the results of me spending hundreds of dollars on them will barely, if at all, give me any better results. This is just one man's honest opinion, thank you for the opportunity.

Current driver: Adams Super LS XTD 8.5 degree with stock Kuro Kage extra stiff.

Callaway Rogue ST LS ***  Fujikura Rombax Type X
Callaway Rogue ST LS 3wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 70TX
Callaway Rogue ST LS 5wd w/Diamana D+ Whiteboard 80X
Callaway TCB 4-GW w/Project X 6.0
Callaway Jaws RAW 56/60
EvnRoll 5.2 Short Slant

HDCP: 4
Reason to attend: I have tried the SLDR and didn't see any real distance gains. Even the 12 deg (opened to 11.5) seems to fall out of the sky without any real carry distance. I want to see if TM can get this driver to work for me. I also want to go through the fitting so that I might get a better understanding of how to help the people that come into my store looking to get fit for this driver. It has been tough to properly fit some customers into this driver.
Current set-up: Nike Covert Perf 1.0 with Diamana Ahina 70 Stiff

Thx for the chance.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Handicap: 7

Reason why you should attend: I am a new Assistant Golf Pro and have always been a Titleist guy. My boss is a TM staffer so I want to follow in his footsteps but have my concerns with low launch angle currently around 10*. I would love to become a promoter of the brand if I could get a real fitting instead of just one option off the rack( which wasn't for me)

Current driver set-up:Titleist 910D2 10.5* RIP A60

Handicap: 9
Reason why you should attend: I feel like others have done the low and forward in the past (Mizuno,nike). Why would SLDR be different? Isn't SLDR technology just designed to win on a launch monitor? Wouldn't a high launching low spin ball get killed in any kind of wind?
Current driver set-up: nike ct 1.0 w oban tour prototype

Handicap: 22.4
Reason: Used to be a 13.1, hooking my R7 425 helped lead me to quitting golf for several years. New driver is helping me find fairways, could use some distance help to ease pressure on my short game, which needs work.
Current driver: Nike Covert 1 Performance, stock KK shaft, move between 10.5 to 12.5, right setting.

[b]Handicap:[/b] 6

[b]Location:[/b] Colorado

[b]Reason I Should Attend:[/b] I have tried many of the current driver offerings and nothing has been able to beat my current set up. Because of that I believe that the "Loft Up" campaign by Taylormade has been gimmicky and a bunch of BS. If given the chance to go on the trip I would go with an open mind and would love for them to prove me wrong.

[b]Current Driver Setup: [/b]Nike VR Pro Limited with a Diamana 'ahina 60s cut to 44.25 inches.

Jade Dennill
Index: 0
Every time I see a new guarantee that a new club will give me more distance, I like most of us on here, get curious. I've gone through too many drivers to bother recounting over the past few years, all in a search for a few more yards. Not one has touched my current driver. This is not for lack of trying, as I am genuinely open to any driver if it's truly better than what I play. I play an Adams 9015d Ozik F7M2 which is simple and old technology. It was not fit to me, I don't know where the CG is, but again, I don't see how this claim will be any different than the rest. I've hit most other competitor drivers in similar setups in the last few years, yet with every new claim, they still can't keep up with a simple no frills 'old tech' driver. If the SLDR beats my current setup, I'll play TM from here on out!
I hit the ball hard, and distance is my passion, so beat my driver, prove me wrong! I would love to see it!
Thanks for your consideration

[list]
[*]Handicap: 6
[*]Location: Oklahoma City, OK
[*]Reason why you should attend: I haven't hit a driver in the past 6 years that has given me an appreciable increase in distance. It really feels like to me that when fitted properly, there's just not much difference in what's out there, and that's been true for several years. So I keep buying new drivers, but at this point I'm buying based on what I like in terms of looks, sound, and feel. In other words, I'm skeptical that any driver will really give me more distance, given that I'm properly fit into my equipment, and have been for years. BUT, if this super high launch, super low spin theory really works, it seems to me that it might be the first driver in a while that actually allows me to pick up some distance. So yes, I'd be thrilled to be picked, and for the TM fitters to prove to me that this driver really can make me longer.
[*]Current driver set-up: Nike Covert Tour 2.0 set to 9.5, with Kuro Kage TiNi X flex
[/list]

[list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: [/size]+0.1
[*][size=4]Location:[/size] [size=4]Jim Flick Kingdom, Carlsbad, CA (open to all as none are close!) [/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: Been gaming the R9 superdeep[/size] since it came out and tried tons of drivers and nothing comes close to beating it out. Low spinning head with left/right ball flight adjustment....huh, sounds like the SLDR is just a different way to get the same results as the R9 superdeep.
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up:[/size] R9 Superdeep with a RIP Alpha 70x
[/list]

[color=#A9A9A9][b]Driver:[/b] 2016 TM M1 9.5* / Atmos Black 7 TX
[b]Fairway:[/b] 2017 TM M1 15* / Tensei Pro White 80 TX
[b]Irons:[/b] TM 790 UDI 2 Iron / HZRDUS Black 85 6.5
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist T-MB 4 Iron / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Irons:[/b] Titleist 716 AP2's 5-PW / TT Dynamic Gold X-100
[b]Wedge:s[/b] Vokey SM6 50.08F, [color=#A9A9A9]56.10S & [color=#A9A9A9]60.08M[/color] [/color] / TT Dynamic Gold S-300
[b]Putter:[/b] TM Spider Tour Black T-Line 34"[/color]

CAP: 18

Reason I should attend: I use to have a R9 Driver. When I got out of the game a couple years ago i sold off my clubs. Now that I have been back into golf for over a year, I tested the R11s vs the Nike Covert. I wasnt happy with the R11s and went with the Covert. I have heard Loft up is the key but to me, higher loft is a higher launch and that doesnt always equal better in my mind.

Current driver: Nike Covert 8.5 loft Kuro Kage 50g Stiff shaft

Nike Covert Driver 8.5 Left
Ping i20 3W
Nike VR Pro Hybrid 2 Iron
Callaway Razr X HL Irons 4-Gap
Taylormade Z Spin wedges 52,58
Taylormade White Hot Putter