The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee - 20 GolfWRXers. 4 Locations. Details here!

[list]
[*]Handicap: 6.8
[*]Location: Syracuse, Ny.... so yeah, I will go ANYWHERE
[*][color="#282828"]Reason why you should attend: I have my doubts of a multi-multi faceted club such as the SLDR... too gimmicky in my opinion..... change this, slide that, wink twice before you swing....loft up... no higher.... HIGHER!!! everyone tells me to 'loft up' but I stay at 8.5* or 9*.... I want consistency not 'gimmicktry'[/color]
[*]Current driver set-up: TM 45" Jetspeed UST Elements Chrome 6F4T
[/list]

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[list]
[*]Handicap: 20
[*]Location: Charleston, SC
[*]Reason why you should attend: Almost all drivers I have hit perform very similar for me (non fitted), and I have never hit/been a huge fan of TM so I would like to give them a chance to give me the chance to change my mind (haha does that even make sense?)
[*]Current driver set-up: Wilson FG Tour M3 set to 11.5* 44.5" with a Fuji Speeder 757
[/list]

Forever Changing at this point.......

-I'm a 4 Handicap

-Hancock, MI

-I am a TM skeptic as I don't feel there have been any real improvements in the last 6-8 years. I would love to be proved wrong and knock my old TM driver out of the bag.

-Taylormade r7 425 TP 10.5 w/ UST Axivcore green 95x @ 44"

Taylormade 320 driver

SYB-714 5-wood

GEOM Moe odds

GEOM 57/ 13

Kirkland ball

Halflight Golf Bag

[color=#282828]Great idea, and thanks for the opportunity.[/color][list]
[*]Handicap: 8
[*]Location: Cypress, TX
[*]Reason why you should attend: I have demoed the SLDR and it was not any longer than my 913D2. I dont believe that by lofting up, you can get more distance. I am a high spin player so lofting up doesn't seem to help me.
[*]Current driver set-up: 913D2 8.5 Diamana D+ 72 S
[/list]
Was labeled a fitter's nightmare at a recent demo day

Handicap: 1.9
Reason why you should attend: I have never found a driver that will spin below 2000, and I know that I can't fit into the 17° launch 1700 rmps with my swing.
Current driver set up: 913 D2 9.5° Diamana D+

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 6.2X

Fairway Wood: Titleist TSi3 15° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.2X

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 20° | Fujikura Speeder Tour Spec 8.8X

Irons: Titleist T150 4-PW | KBS Tour V 110s 

Wedge: Vokey SM9 Raw Finish 48.10F, 54.10S, & 60.10V | Tour Issue S400

Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Flowback 5.5

Putter: Scotty Cameron Limited Release Champions Choice Flowback 5.5 Button Back

Handicap - Woman and booze (golf was 10.8 as of last fall)

Location - Frozen North (Peru, NY)

Reason to be picked - I'm funny? Okay, well honestly, like about every good member here, I'm a club whore and am perpetually searching for THE driver... unfortunately nothing I've tried thus far has knocked out my old i15. I say bring it!

Handicap: 12
Reason: During a Taylormade demo day, I tried the SLDR and the first thing I noticed was a completely different and (in my opinion) odd feeling during the backswing. My impression was that it was the different distribution of weight in the club head that made me feel uncomfortable swinging the SLDR.
Current driver: 913 D2, 9.5° - Fujikura Fuel TS 70S (44.5") -- the shaft adjustment (to a heavier weight and shorter length) was made very recently

Thanks taylormade and GolfWRX

Handicap: 7.2

Reason why you should attend: I am a fan of the current sldr and game the 10.5 set at 9.5. During a lot of testing I haven't seen a situation where lofting up has increased my overall distance. Maybe I am having problems with my fitter. It would be nice to hit high bombs with my sldr, but low bullets work to. I just don't see how lofting up could honestly help me get more distance, especially with how high of a spin player I am.

Current driver set-up: Taylormade 430 Sldr 10.5 set to 9.5 with a Fuji speeder ts 7.2 X.

Stealth Plus 9* Ventus black 7x

Sim 2 Max Ventus red 8x
T200 3 tour issue x100
T100 4-W tour issue X100
Tour Rack RTX 50, 55, 60 tour issue s400
Tour Rat 

Handicap: 4
[list]
[*]Location: Fort Mill SC
[*]Reason why you should attend: Always had a TM driver until Titleist came out with 913, Loved my R9 SuperTri..... I have demoed the SLDR and it was not any longer than my 913D2. I am a high spin player so lofting up doesn't seem to help me.
[*]Current driver set-up: 913D2 9.5 Speeder Tour Spec 7.2
[/list]

[list]
[*]Handicap: 4
[*]Location: San Antonio, but would easily drive to Dallas for this chance!
[*]Reason why you should attend: I have an avid golfer who plays around 200 rounds a year and am always looking to continue to gain distance and consistency. I have tried the SLDR at GolfSmith and at my local course and am very skeptical that the face is any hotter than what I am currently playing. I would cherish an opportunity like this to have a chance to try the newest and so called longest driver out there as I do not feel it ranks close to what I am currently playing with is a TaylorMade RBZ2 Tour head.
[*]Current driver set-up: RBZ Stage 2 tour 9 deg +.75deg with Ahina X-flex 70gram shaft
[/list]

4.0 hcp
Finland, would love a trip to the US
I have been trying all the drivers since 04, time to get something longer in the bag. I think I play the hottest driver right now. This is going to do a comeback. High launch high spin player. Woyld really need to get dialled in, please!
Taylormade superfast 2.0 9,5 degree stiff stock shaft.

Handicap: 10
Location: North Platte, Nebraska so Dallas would probably be the closest however I would love to be able to do this anywhere!
Reason Why I should attend: Having worked in the retail golf industry for the better part of 6 years (I don't currently work in retail golf), I have become somewhat skeptical because every year, every company touts the new product as the longest and most forgiving that they have ever produced and I have never really found that to be the case so I tend to take these advertisements with a grain of salt. I would really love to see if this is really able to add distance to my game.
Current driver set up: Nike Covert Tour 2.0 Speeder 757 X-stiff 10.5

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Rogue 125 60TX
FW: Titleist 915F 16.5 degree Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 20 & 23
Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper
Wedges: Titleist SM5 54 & 58
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NP2

Handicap: Don't have an official cap but around a 5
Reason: when the SLDR first came out, all I could do it laugh. "Loft up?" I've played an 8.5-9* driver Since 6th Grade. I honestly feel like the "low and forward" movement is just a fad, and will be done in a year or two. Why hasn't it been out longer if it is truly that good? I would love to see raw proof that it does in fact work, but I doubt it will.
Current Driver: 913D3 8.5* (Set to 7.75*) Diamana D+ 72x

913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[list]
[*]Handicap: ~8
[*]Location: Denver, CO
[*]Reason why you should attend: I have been playing the R9 now for 5 years, each year trying the "new" thing from all the OEM's nothing yet has been able to knock it out of the bag. All the technology that TaylorMade touts sounds really good, but just sets you up for a big let down when you don't see the results.
[*]Current driver set-up: R9 TP Fubuki 63g stiff shaft
[/list]

WITB:
Callaway Epic Sub Zero 10.5° Fujikura Pro Green 62 x-flex
TaylorMade R9 15° Motore 70 stiff flex
TaylorMade R11 21° hybrid stiff flex
3-P Callaway Apex Pro 16 KBS C Taper 130
TaylorMade Z TP Smoke 54° and 58°
Odyssey Works 2 Ball Fang Tank

[size=4][b]Handicap:[/b] 12.5[/size]

[size=4][b]Location:[/b] New York City[/size]

[size=4][b]Reason why you should attend:[/b] This came at the perfect time for me. I'm in the market for a new driver and for the past few years I have resisted the urge to buy into the TaylorMade hype. I will admit however that the current commercials talking about how it's the first driver to get a GD 20 out of 20 rating intrigued me. I went to a local TaylorMade demo day on an indoor simulator to try out the SLDR side by side with my driver and I thought it was just OK. The numbers were good but [u][b]I AM CONVINCED [/b][/u]that the TM rep was playing with the computer to provide me with inflated readings when I hit the SLDR. Since then I have been trying to demo to club outside so that I could rely on my eyes and not a computer but there are few places in the NYC area to go to at the current time of year. This event would be perfect for me![/size]

[size=4][b]Current driver set-up:[/b] Ping G15 w/Aldila Serrano (stiff)[/size]

Handicap Index 9.9
Current Driver setup, I go back and fourth between a Ping Rapture and a Callaway Xhot, both 10.5 degrees stock stiff shafts.
Why me: I have a real problem controlling spin with my driver and the last two years my drives have been ballooning on me. I NEED to find out if a properly fit SLDR is the answer.

I live in Moncton, NB, canada

Big Bertha Alpha 815 Speeder 565 R or TMAG SIM max Riptide R shaft
XHot Callaway 3w
19, 23 & 26 X2Hot Callaway
5 to Gap Apex DCB Recoil Dart F3
Scotty Kombi
52/11 Cleveland CBX 56 Tmag ATV

Handicap- +0.2

Reason why I should attend: I was just telling my buddy that it's pointless to buy a new driver, why waste $400 for what, maybe 5 yards? He was saying that'd I need to increase my launch, and I could probably add 20+ but I've always struggled with spinning it too much at the launch I need. So I want to see what would happen with the higher loft or if it's just bs.

Current set up: 9.5 J33r speeder 757x @ 44.25

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

Handicap: 7
Reason why you should attend: I haven't used a TM driver in a while because I found better numbers with other companies. I am excited to hear how confident TM is with this product and am intrigued by all of the marketing and reviews. I would be very excited to participate in a testing session, but even if I am not selected I would love to be able to attend the fitting at my own expense to learn whatbI could.
Current driver set-up: Ping G25 8.5 Diamana B Series 60 X 44.5

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[list]
[*]Handicap: 14
[*]Location: Atlanta, GA
[*]Reason why you should attend: I want a SLDR that beats my R1. Plus I a golf tech junkie who wants to learn everything about the SLDR driver.
[*]Current driver set-up: R1 set at 9.somethng * with a Diamana Whiteboard.
[/list]

TaylorMade Qi10 Driver, 10.5*, GD Tour AD IZ-5S

Ping G430 Max 10K, 10.5*, Fujikura Ventus Velocore TR Red 5R

TaylorMade Qi10 Woods, 16.5* and 21.0*, Fujikura Ventus TR Blue FW 65 R

TaylorMade 2023 P790 Irons, 4-PW, TT DG 105 R300
Titleist SM9 Wedges, 48.10 F, 54.10 S, 60.10 S, TT DG Wedge S200
Titleist Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2 Putter

HCP: roughly a 9, depending on the putter.
Reason: They have seen my numbers with the R9 Superdeep/PX-8A4. Still getting 180+ ball speed with a very old and well used driver. They have YET to beat it for ball speed or total yardage. R11s? Lost. RBZ? Lost. Nike Covert? Lost. If they are going to fit me into a shaft/head, they have a chance. If they expect the Speeder 57 to do the job, they will get another disappointing review from me.

Current driver set-up: Tour Issue R9 Superdeep opened to 7.5°. Project X-8A4 shaft or Speeder 7.2 X if I'm feeling frisky.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

Sarasota, FL. but I will be in Jacksonville to play at TPC While this is happening

I am been in the market for a new driver and have always played TM Equipment until recently. I have heard some really good things about the bio cell driver and that may be at the top of the list.

Taylormade R11s 9.5 with a Fujikura Rombax 6x07

[list]
[*]Handicap: 9.8
[*]Location: Dayton NV
[*]Reason why you should attend: As a high to mid hdcp my driving is actually my strong suit but I really struggle to find a club I'm comfortable with except for my old FT-9, I would love to see how a SLDR can push the best part of my game to even better (although I'm hoping it doesn't since I'm a huge tmag skeptic) Went through five drivers last season and keep going back to the old trusty ft-9's...I want to see someone beat it with hard data, if they can!
[*]Current driver set-up: Callaway FT-9 stock fujikura zcom
[/list]

Bag stolen...we shall rebuild!  We have rebuilt!

Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5 Miyazaki JDL

Razr Fit Xtreme 4 wood Aldila Trinity

Searching for a Hybrid

Maltby DBM 4-PW Recoil Prototype 125's

52-56-60 Cleveland Tour Van Forged Modus 120 S

Old AF TM Spider 

[size=4]Awesome idea for a giveaway, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't love to be flown anywhere for a round of golf and to get to play with a bunch of new toys. I'm getting a little giddy just thinking about it... [/size][list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: Unofficial 9[/size]
[*][size=4]Location: Virginia Beach, VA - soon to be Jacksonville FL so that'd be my first choice. [/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: No way a slidr is going to spin less than my current set up. Hit one indoors at a big box and thought, "meh" so it seems like another gigantic marketing ploy by TM. I'd be shocked if my mind was changed. Oh, and my 85 year old grandfather is playing one... so that doesn't help. I will admit probably my favorite driver of all time was an R7 Limited TP... that was the last TM driver I played for more than a week. [/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up: i20 8.5* with GD AD-GT 8x - LOOOONG (to paraphrase Cobra). [/size]
[/list]

LTD 9.5*D Project X HZRDUS 6.5 75g
Cobra Bio Cell + 14.5* Fuji Speeder 757x
CobraBio Cell + 17.5* Aldila Rogue Silver 70x
Adams CMB 4-G KBS C-Taper X
Vokey TVD54*

SM? 58*K
Scotty Circa 62 #3 /Kingston GSS KP2
ProV1 / Snell MTB / Snell MTB Prime

[list]
[*]Handicap: 15
[*]Location: San Jose, CA
[*]Reason why you should attend: I am not much into hype and marketing. I have tried virtually almost every driver out there in the past 5 years. As for TM, have owned the burner, r7, r9 and tried r11, etc. Have not found them to be much better than my Ping original rapture driver 12 degrees. So I lofted up already. No way can SLDR beat this driver. Maybe for someone who has not lofted up because they were hitting a loft too low or a shaft too stiff, the SLDR will win.
[*]Current driver set-up: Ping rapture 12 deg, soft regular flex, and Ping rapture 12 deg, miyazaki ckua 43r shaft.
[/list]

[list]
[*]Handicap: 10.9 (GHIN#: 0893672)
[*]Location: Charlotte
[*]Reason why you should attend: I won a $300 gift card from placing 2nd in my flight in last years World Amateur Championships. A few days ago I used that GC & about $250 in cash to pick up one of the new TM 430 TP's online directly from the Taylor Made's website. I received it in the mail today. I did loft up from 8.5 to the 10.5 and while that seems to work pretty well (similar launch angle from driving range), the TM 6.3 that is "suppose" to feel like a Speeder 661... well feels NOTHING like a 661. Rather, it feels like this 6,3 Stiff plays FAR more like a X-stiff shaft. I did work with an online TM rep who helped direct me to this shaft but I think I need more hands on with alternate shafts before I can move over to this driver. [b]I bought it, yet not convinced it's the right club for me.[/b]
[*]Current driver set-up: Nike VR Pro SRT-8 fit 8.5 degree (set open reducing to around 8-degrees), Voodoo Stiff
[/list]

<p>◾Handicap: 6.1

◾Location: St. Paul, MN

◾Reason why you should attend: I do not think low spin is for everyone and lofting up is not the answer for people like myself that have launch conditions with good launch angle and don't have a problem with high spin. Lofting up in this situation is just going to cause moonballs that are unplayable in wind and will make it tougher to find the fairway.
◾Current driver set-up: Cobra Amp Cell set at 10.5 with Matrix 6X3 stiff flex

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1395398741' post='8916583']
[size=4]Today, TaylorMade Golf launched its SLDR Guarantee campaign nationwide. If you buy the SLDR Driver anytime today through June and you don’t love the new distance, TaylorMade will give you your money back. You can't really beat that.....or can you?[/size]

[size=4]TaylorMade knows that GolfWRX members are different. You want to see through the marketing. You analyze every inch of every club. You want to know the full tech story behind everything. Some of you have tried the SLDR and love it. Some like it. [u]This event is not for you.[/u] Watch this short video for the full message for us from TaylorMade's Tom Kroll.[/size]

[size=4]TaylorMade wants GolfWRX members who are skeptics, the non-believes and the doubters of low, forward CG design that powers the SLDR driver to take this challenge. 20 GolfWRX members will be flown to 4 different TaylorMade Performance Labs across the country. Each will be fit for SLDR and test their driver head-to-head with TaylorMade's flagship big stick. [/size]

[color=#b22222][b][size=4]LOCATIONS[/size][/b][/color][list]
[*][size=4]The Jim Flick Kingdom, Carlsbad, CA[/size]
[*][size=4]TMPL at Gleneagles, near Dallas, TX[/size]
[*][size=4]TMPL at TPC Sawgrass, near Jacksonville, FL[/size]
[*][size=4]The Kingdom at Reynolds, near Atlanta, GA[/size]
[/list]
[size=4][color=#b22222][b]DATE[/b][/color]
April 4, 2014 - Look for the LIVE thread
[size=2](trip will be April 3-5 for attendees and include a round of golf as well)[/size][/size]

[size=4]How will they ensure the results are fair? Data. Cold hard numbers. Launch monitors will be used in each location to ensure similar swings and prevent sandbagging. GolfWRX will have reps at each location and we'll cover it live for you.

[color=#b22222][b]THE WRINKLE[/b][/color]
There is an extra wrinkle to this challenge coming soon. Attendees will find out soon enough so stay tuned.

[color=#b22222][b]THE ATTENDEES[/b][/color]
When you're looking for skeptics, it's hard to post and trip thread and get pure honesty. What about those who just want a free trip? In order to prevent that, we're sending out invites to 15 members via PM today who have previous posted their doubts and criticisms about SLDR. They'll be announced soon.

[color=#b22222][b]5 SPOTS OPEN (HOW TO ENTER)[/b][/color]
Having said that, we also believe the general membership should have a chance to attend, provided they are a skeptic, doubter or hater. So do you want to attend? Do you doubt the SLDR technology? Enter below. Give us your best reasons why you think you should attend (no lying!) and we'll pick 5 shortly.[/size][list]
[*][size=4]Handicap: [/size]
[*][size=4]Location:[/size]
[*][size=4]Reason why you should attend: [/size]
[*][size=4]Current driver set-up:[/size]
[/list]
[size=4]GO! [/size]
[/quote]

Handicap - 13
Location - Orange County, CA
Reason - not sure if I belive TM anymore. Every year (sometimes more than once per year) they come out with an new driver that is going to be better than my old one by (enter yards here). I want to see if they are really coming out with new things or just making the lofts stronger and shafts longer to get the extra promised distance.
Current set up - TM R-9 460, 9.5 loft, Aldilia Voodoo