Confessions of Ignorance: Share your Confusion as a Rookie WRX'er

Drudersh

.... And the "Dress Shoe" thread in the 19th hole too, for that matter.

If a man has more than three pairs of footwear the he's basically a man who lies with another man, while another man watches.... and another man takes photos and notes for the online adult publication "Men"

• Haha 1

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

[quote name='Tcann32' timestamp='1415213155' post='10401287']
[quote name='MidwestGolfBum' timestamp='1415202861' post='10400423']
Doesn't matter what your handicap is, if you talk about shooting even par or below it's bragging (passively or not so much). Never thought so many people would take the fact that X happened as the secondary point to being able to shoot par because of it...
[/quote]

That's a double edged sword there! You have those that do something one time, so are convinced they can do it every time. And you have those that share something they are proud they have done once, but people run them down because it seems unlikely. All in all, factor x happened once, and thats all anyone can and should take away from these things. I noticed this in the "longest drive ever" thread.
[/quote]

Sure, but when somebody gets called out for shooting, for example, par, when they have a cap of +1 to 1 it's just a reference point to me. As a current 1, it's not completely out of the realm of reality that I'm going to shoot par or near it, so when it adds to the story, coming back with a "nice passive brag about shooting par" comment isn't constructive. Now, when somebody has something happen that is completely unreal, then I agree, it's not necessarily going to happen again with any kind of regularity.

• Like 1

When I first joined the forum, I honestly believed that I only needed to own one putter.

I was so young and naive back then...

• Like 1

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='benden' timestamp='1415220565' post='10401927']
What, in Gods Holy Name, is 'goat humping'? Is this an American thing like sheep shagging is a Welsh thing?
[/quote]

Hey less of that

We never shag sheep

We make love to them

• Like 1

Titleist 905R - 10.5°
Titleist 904f - 17°/22°
Mizuno MP32 - 4-PW
Cleveland 588 Forged 50°/54°/60°
Wilson Staff 8882

[quote name='MattTheTaff' timestamp='1415220669' post='10401947']
What, in Gods Holy Name, is 'goat humping'? Is this an American thing like sheep shagging is a Welsh thing?
[/quote]

Hey less of that

We never shag sheep

We make love to them
[/quote]

I have a horrible feeling this thread is about to be defaced, lol! :taunt:

From the reading on here I have done, one thing stands out....that a 300+ hook drive gets far less 'passive brags' than a 300+ baby fade drive.

• Like 1

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

[quote name='benden' timestamp='1415221080' post='10401999']
[/quote]

Hey less of that

We never shag sheep

We make love to them
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it has something to do with [b]G[/b]reatest [b]O[/b]f [b]A[/b]ll [b]T[/b]ime humping

• Like 1

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

[/quote]

Hey less of that

We never shag sheep

We make love to them
[/quote]

[/quote][size=4][quote name='MattTheTaff' timestamp='1415220669' post='10401947'][/size]
[/quote]

Hey less of that

We never shag sheep

We make love to them
[/quote]Sorry this is a 'no sheep zone,' you have been advised.

• Haha 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

[quote name='Qqq123xx' timestamp='1415221177' post='10402015']
From the reading on here I have done, one thing stands out....that a 300+ hook drive gets far less 'passive brags' than a 300+ baby fade drive.
[/quote]

Yeh, but 'hook drive' sounds more masculine/testosterone based and 'baby fading' sounds slightly.....dare I say it - gay/homosexual, lol!

[quote name='joey2aces' timestamp='1415221207' post='10402017']
[/quote]

Hey less of that

We never shag sheep

We make love to them
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it has something to do with [b]G[/b]reatest [b]O[/b]f [b]A[/b]ll [b]T[/b]ime humping
[/quote]

Thanks, cleared that up!
:taunt:

[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1415151310' post='10398495']
[quote name='400yards' timestamp='1415151073' post='10398475']
I still don't know what "NOOB" is in BST ads
[/quote]

Newbie as in first time selling something.
[/quote] or New Out Of Box/Bag

• Like 1

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1415213853' post='10401353']
[quote name='Chuck_22046' timestamp='1415213523' post='10401325']
I am still trying to figure out the "passive brag"...

For example: If I say "I drove the ball 315 with a nice draw that left me a full wedge to a front left pin" [b] <---Passive brag about driving distance[/b]

But...if i say "I put this new hyperallergenic boron fiber japan only tour issue oban/rouge/project9 shaft in my 910 set to D1 at 8.5 Degrees and now I am hitting a baby cut out to 310" the only thing people will ask is "how much was the shaft"
[/quote] Personally I'm not a fan of calling people out on the passive brag, obviously they're proud of there accomplishment and want to tell people about it. Now the second question out of that is whether its true or not, the only thing more DB'ish than calling someone a liar on the internet is actually lying on the internet.

Oh and to answer your question the second one wouldn't be a passive brag because 310 on WRX really isn't that impressive, c'mon man
[/quote]I agree whole heartedly because I was raised that if Ya DID IT, that is not bragging, it's simply restating fact(s).

Some one posted that right after I came on the board, and there was nothing passive about it. I was telling a story & recounting the facts of the story.

However, I've been called a lot of things over the years, some, not so complimentary, though I've never been called passive anything, LMAO.

I thought that that was pretty cool and as I inherited from my narcissistic Father the ability to turn practically any comment, be it positive or negative into a compliment, I actually showed my shrink the thread and posts on my telephone, because he thought that I was too tightly wrapped and had to learn to relax and well, round off a few corners, so I figured that this was a step in the right direction,

Well, You can't get much rounder than being "passive."

He said that that's not what he was talkin about ;)

I ended dropping him because he definitely was too passive aggressive. Overt aggressiveness I can deal with. Intellectual Passivity and tryin to be witty & cute?

Nah, especially when I'm payin ya, lol.

Boy, this is a great thread, lol

Fairways & Greens My Friends,
Richard

• Haha 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1415208707' post='10400865']
[quote name='shanksfornuthin' timestamp='1415146942' post='10398121']
You don't need to know that much, you just need to sound like you do.
[/quote]LMAO, that's like the majority of the individuals that I encounter in my professional day...

Their tone of certainty far exceeds their actual knowledge...

When they look at me kinda funny when I state this to them, I remind them that if that were not the case, why in the hell would I be sitting in front of them and why in the hell would they be paying me to do so ;)

Have a great afternoon Bro :)

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

It's narcissism and/or the Dunning Kruger effect. The latter is yet another DavePelz4 nugget. He makes me either re-read his posts 10x or google one of the words he uses. It's uncanny.

• Like 1

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

[quote name='MidwestGolfBum' timestamp='1415218850' post='10401775']
[quote name='Tcann32' timestamp='1415213155' post='10401287']
[quote name='MidwestGolfBum' timestamp='1415202861' post='10400423']
Doesn't matter what your handicap is, if you talk about shooting even par or below it's bragging (passively or not so much). Never thought so many people would take the fact that X happened as the secondary point to being able to shoot par because of it...
[/quote]

That's a double edged sword there! You have those that do something one time, so are convinced they can do it every time. And you have those that share something they are proud they have done once, but people run them down because it seems unlikely. All in all, factor x happened once, and thats all anyone can and should take away from these things. I noticed this in the "longest drive ever" thread.
[/quote]

Sure, but when somebody gets called out for shooting, for example, par, when they have a cap of +1 to 1 it's just a reference point to me. As a current 1, it's not completely out of the realm of reality that I'm going to shoot par or near it, so when it adds to the story, coming back with a "nice passive brag about shooting par" comment isn't constructive. Now, when somebody has something happen that is completely unreal, then I agree, it's not necessarily going to happen again with any kind of regularity.
[/quote]

I agree, I wouldn't call it a brag or passive brag if someone shoots a par when they are a +1 or 1 hcp to begin with, thats the level of golf you play at, which is very impressive, but that's just you as a golfer and the score your capable of achieving. I personally don't care what people "brag" about. It's fun to hear stories of things we all wish we could accomplish or shots that happen once in a while!

I don't see the point in demeaning someones story etc by saying they are bragging, unless its the: "I'm the best of all time and everyone else sucks cause they cant do this as well as me" type of guy.

I think most people are just telling everyone about something they are proud about, and other people are just d*cks since they cant do whatever the poster said they did.

• Like 1

[quote name='MattTheTaff' timestamp='1415218247' post='10401729']

If a man has more than three pairs of footwear the he's basically a man who lies with another man, while another man watches.... and another man takes photos and notes for the online adult publication "Men"
[/quote]Whhhhhhhhho Bro,LMAO

Hang on a second.

Now I'm medicated so there's the possibility that I totally misread your post.

I've got a few more than 3 pairs of shoes, lol

Hell, I've got 3 pair of the identical shoe, because, well, I just do.

So what's this man lyin with a man,bla, bla,bla thing?

Bro, granted, having 3 pair of the identical shoe may be something that I should mention to my shrink however, to even THINK of that man lying with man snapping pics thing is, well, you see where I'm goin with this, lol

LMAO, boy, you should see my putters and drivers

I'll catch you Guys in a bit, I gotta go lay down ;)

Golfingly Yours,
Richard

• Haha 1

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1415223914' post='10402201']

Hang on a second.

Bro, granted, having 3 pair of the identical shoe may be something that I should mention to my shrink however, to even THINK of that man lying with man thing is, well, you know where I'm goin with this, lol

Golfingly Yours,
Richard
[/quote] I'm the same way with jeans and cashmere. I have 3 pairs on the exact same jeans not just the same brand (same length, width and wash) everything. I also have the same navy cashmere in a crew neck, zip neck and v-neck. And then the same brand of sweater in probably 12 different colors. Those are my vices.

• Like 1

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1415222227' post='10402083']
[/quote]LMAO, that's like the majority of the individuals that I encounter in my professional day...

When they look at me kinda funny when I state this to them, I remind them that if that were not the case, why in the hell would I be sitting in front of them and why in the hell would they be paying me to do so ;)

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

It's narcissism and/or the Dunning Kruger effect. The latter is yet another DavePelz4 nugget. He makes me either re-read his posts 10x or google one of the words he uses. It's uncanny.
[/quote]

I had to go look up Dunning Kruger thanks to DP. I had no idea how much that had profoundly affected my life over the years....

They actually won an Ig-Nobel prize for their study titled: "Unskilled and Unaware of It: How Difficulties in Recognizing One's Own Incompetence Lead to Inflated Self-Assessments"

• Haha 1

12* Cleveland Classic w/ TTDG X100 @43.75"
or
910D3 10.5 w/ Blueboard 65x
Mizuno MP-650 15* w/ DVS
or
Titelist 909F3 15* Graf Blue
Mizuno Mp CLK 20* w/ VTS Red
Covert 4 w/ VTS Red
Tourstage TS-202 5-PW
or
Hogan Decade's
Cleveland RTX 2.0 46
Vokey SM5 50 F-Grind
Vokey SM5 56 F-Grind
Ping Pal 4 BeCu

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

[/quote]Narcissism, lol, because for the most part, the individuals are highly competent, highly intelligent and obviously successful.

They just sometimes forget that they do not know all, nor have all of the answers.

I'm just there to remind them of this and find the answers :)

Good call on the Dunning-Kruger effect though!!

Fairways & Greens My Friend,
Richard

• Like 1

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1415224648' post='10402267']

Hang on a second.

Bro, granted, having 3 pair of the identical shoe may be something that I should mention to my shrink however, to even THINK of that man lying with man thing is, well, you know where I'm goin with this, lol

Golfingly Yours,
Richard
[/quote] I'm the same way with jeans and cashmere. I have 3 pairs on the exact same jeans not just the same brand (same length, width and wash) everything. I also have the same navy cashmere in a crew neck, zip neck and v-neck. And then the same brand of sweater in probably 12 different colors. Those are my vices.
[/quote]LMAO, me too, lol

Cashmere sweaters are one of the reasons that I'm glad that I live up north, lol

Boy, this thread is bringing my issues out, it's cheaper than my shrink and you guys make me laugh :)

This forum's great!! :)

My Best,
Richard

• Haha 1

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1415225894' post='10402357']

Hang on a second.

Golfingly Yours,
Richard

Cashmere sweaters are one of the reasons that I'm glad that I live up north, lol

Boy, this thread is bringing my issues out, it's cheaper than my shrink and you guys make me laugh :)

My Best,
Richard
[/quote] I have one that is pumpkin orange, not burnt orange (I have burnt orange too), but full on pumpkin orange, it is literally wearable about 5 days of the year tops.

• Haha 1

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

My Best,
Richard
[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm fairly certain Google added the ability to highlight and "search Google for..." simply from DP posts. Maybe kellygreen's too. That guy has made my head spin a few times, fortunately always from a distance and never the up close and personal.

This is a solid thread, figured it would be as soon as I saw the title.

For me...it was a while ago, so I don't really remember, but I still stay out of instruction threads most of the time. To me, it's like that door you know you shouldn't open, but because you know you shouldn't you want to do it even more? Yeah, instruction threads are like that for me.

I never knew golf talk could be so dirty sounding, especially in the Club Making forum...whoa. I never knew how big of suckers we all are to marketing. I didn't know having a second full bag was completely common place. I didn't know you could find people, in one place, where reading their posts you know some of them are purely awesome and you'd get along great with, and others....you know they're totally off their rocker and wonder how they've made it this far in life. I learned we all have a sickness called "golf" and this is like one big support group. Here we feel normal about it where as "out there" we feel out of place. I never knew people could be so passionate about a brand of golf they'd say things they shouldn't say to anyone in defense of it. Or take it to the extreme of when someone posts a seemingly negative review on a new, popular club, complete with Trackman (!!!) data, they'd wonder if the Trackman was off grasping at any straw possible because their beloved brand wasn't FAR superior to everything else out there. I found out there are some extremely successful business men on this site and they give out great insight, which a lot of people would pay a lot of money for.

The one thing I remember most about when I started, I was about a 3 handicap and said I was a pretty good golfer. I got THROTTLED for it. Not great, not awesome, just "pretty good".

• Haha 1

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='knock it close' timestamp='1415226157' post='10402377']
[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1415225894' post='10402357']

Hang on a second.

Golfingly Yours,
Richard

My Best,
Richard
[/quote] I have one that is pumpkin orange, not burnt orange (I have burnt orange too), but full on pumpkin orange, it is literally wearable about 5 days of the year tops.
[/quote]LMAO, Bro, maybe you should be beside me on the couch, LMAO

While I don't have the pumpkin orange sweater, I do wear/collect the Trafalgar Limited Edition braces with my jackets/suits and along with this New Year's Millenium pair, I also have a Halloween themed pair. They're cool as hell, though as you noted, the window for wearing them is not much, lol.

At least my Christmas braces can be worn through the month of December.

What I find amazing is my ability to rationalize, whether it be putters, shoes, sweaters or braces, doesn't matter, lol.

That comes from my Mother ;)

Richard

• Haha 1

[quote name='Forged4ever' timestamp='1415228763' post='10402529']
LMAO, Bro, maybe you should be beside me on the couch, LMAO

While I don't have the pumpkin orange sweater, I do wear/collect the Trafalgar Limited Edition braces with my jackets/suits and along with this New Year's Millenium pair, I also have a Halloween themed pair. They're cool as hell, though as you noted, the window for wearing them is not much, lol.

At least my Christmas braces can be worn through the month of December.

What I find amazing is my ability to rationalize, whether it be putters, shoes, sweaters or braces, doesn't matter, lol.

That comes from my Mother ;)

Richard
[/quote] Those are incredible

• Like 1

M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

I leave this thread for 12 hours and Richard is in here talkin cashmere and suspenders.... WTH happened while I was away???

• Haha 1

Ping G425 LST 7.5* | Aldila Rogue White 70TX // TM 300 Mini 13.5 | Aldila Rogue White 80TX // Callaway Apex UW 19* | HZRDUS Smoke RDX 80 6.5 // Srixon ZX U 20* | Recoil Proto 110 F5 // Srixon ZX5/ZX7 Combo 5-PW // CTaper  Lite 115X | Cleveland CBX2 50/56* | DG 115 Wedge // 37" Odyssey 5K Tri-Hot Triple Wide

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1415229520' post='10402575']
I leave this thread for 12 hours and Richard is in here talkin cashmere and suspenders.... WTH happened while I was away???
[/quote]

Utter derailment....you couldn't help but watch... :taunt:

• Haha 1

12* Cleveland Classic w/ TTDG X100 @43.75"
or
910D3 10.5 w/ Blueboard 65x
Mizuno MP-650 15* w/ DVS
or
Titelist 909F3 15* Graf Blue
Mizuno Mp CLK 20* w/ VTS Red
Covert 4 w/ VTS Red
Tourstage TS-202 5-PW
or
Hogan Decade's
Cleveland RTX 2.0 46
Vokey SM5 50 F-Grind
Vokey SM5 56 F-Grind
Ping Pal 4 BeCu

[quote name='horty1388' timestamp='1415204934' post='10400563']
[quote name='DavePelz4' timestamp='1415151310' post='10398495']
[quote name='400yards' timestamp='1415151073' post='10398475']
I still don't know what "NOOB" is in BST ads
[/quote]

Newbie as in first time selling something.
[/quote]
Noob= new out of bag, usually referring to Cameron covers
[/quote]

Clearly when it comes to the BST, I'm a total NOOB.

• Like 1

[quote name='Duffner's Waggle' timestamp='1415229520' post='10402575']
[/quote]Lol Golf Style and Fashion happened a page or so ago.

• Like 1

Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4