J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

760 top line would be hard to look at after the honeymoon period. TM's iron release track record has me staying at arm's length.. WAYYYYYYYY too many models released too close together.

Yeah, I don't really understand why the 750's and 730's didn't get a bit more buzz. I played both, had a combo set I threw together as well, and they are as good as anything I've hit. Pretty much bears itself out on tour, as well.

I would have bought a set in June but Taylormade don't take swing weight requests so decided against them, glad as I love my 919 Tours.

• Titleist TSR3 9* Ventus Black 6X
  • Taylormade Sim2 15* Tensei White 80TX
  • TM Stealth 2 Iron or Ping i59 3 iron Project X 7.0
  • Artisan MB 4-9 Project X 7.0
  • Artisan 46*, 50* Project X 6.5
  • Artisan  55*, 60* S400
  • Artisan BlueBonnet Carbon 0217

Would be interested in your thoughts on the CTL. In my fitting we started with the Modus 120, spun more than the CTL.. I was counting on going back to the X100, so I wasn't actually planning on either one fitting me, but those were the top 2 recommended from the start.

Yeah i'm interested in trying a lighter iron shaft for the reasons i stated above. I played the original CTaper 130's but quickly fell out of love. Are the CLites a different animal?

@Rosco - I hear ya but with how long i play my irons it's getting harder to not get lazy on off days and push shots to the right as the club gets behind me. 130g shaft at 3/4" -1 " over standard is a heavy SOB and i'm not getting any younger :swoon:

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

760 top line would be hard to look at after the honeymoon period. TM's iron release track record has me staying at arm's length.. WAYYYYYYYY too many models released too close together.

Yeah, I don't really understand why the 750's and 730's didn't get a bit more buzz. I played both, had a combo set I threw together as well, and they are as good as anything I've hit. Pretty much bears itself out on tour, as well.

I think that has to do with Pure's point. When you pepper the marketplace with 104 models it's hard for any of them to gain traction. Also to be honest i like the 760 profile better than the 730 or 750 and it's way more forgiving.

I would have bought a set in June but Taylormade don't take swing weight requests so decided against them, glad as I love my 919 Tours.

Yeah that blows my mind. Even if they add on a charge for it like an extra $75 or something.

Edel PROTO

Would be interested in your thoughts on the CTL. In my fitting we started with the Modus 120, spun more than the CTL.. I was counting on going back to the X100, so I wasn't actually planning on either one fitting me, but those were the top 2 recommended from the start.

Yeah i'm interested in trying a lighter iron shaft for the reasons i stated above. I played the original CTaper 130's but quickly fell out of love. Are the CLites a different animal?

@Rosco - I hear ya but with how long i play my irons it's getting harder to not get lazy on off days and push shots to the right as the club gets behind me. 130g shaft at 3/4" -1 " over standard is a heavy SOB and i'm not getting any younger :swoon:

Oh come on, they're only 126g

But I'm with you on the idea of going lighter in the irons since we're not as young and strong as we used to be!

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Oh come on, they're only 126g ��

But I'm with you on the idea of going lighter in the irons since we're not as young and strong as we used to be!

haha i hear ya. My miss is getting stuck so heavier longer clubs don't help me so it makes sense to move to a lighter shaft. The 120X hard stepped will most likely go in my next set or maybe I'll just stick with the 120TX and go a little shorter in length.

I hear ya. I looked at the 760's in the shop the other day, and wouldn't swap the 750's for them, but that's personal pref. As good as you hit it, the 750's are not difficult whatsoever. The 730's on the other hand, are a pretty small blade.

I can play the 730's or 750's and be fine but it's the days where my swing is garbage that i want to make better. Any iron hit in the center of the face will produce a good shot, it's those shots that i thin or hit heel side of center that i want help with. I have am VERY tempted to get a set of blades (Srixon 945's or 965's) but i MUST resist haha. They just look so good. :taunt: :swoon:

Edel PROTO

Dc8SVxY.jpg

HHAHAHA LOVE IT

For anyone wondering that is a Masters sandwich that Robo and I witnessed being taken out of Fowlers bag at the Zurich. We were on the Cobra Tour van and he was switching from his Masters bag to a new one and found the sandwhich in one of the pockets. Anyway it was pulled out and the Tour van erupted with some people gagging. It was horrific but amazing. They then took the sandwich and hung it on the wall where it still is 4 years later. It's amazing and most likely there are new forms of bacteria in that bag the world has never seen.

Edel PROTO

Oh come on, they're only 126g ��

haha i hear ya. My miss is getting stuck so heavier longer clubs don't help me so it makes sense to move to a lighter shaft. The 120X hard stepped will most likely go in my next set or maybe I'll just stick with the 120TX and go a little shorter in length.

I hear ya. I looked at the 760's in the shop the other day, and wouldn't swap the 750's for them, but that's personal pref. As good as you hit it, the 750's are not difficult whatsoever. The 730's on the other hand, are a pretty small blade.

I can play the 730's or 750's and be fine but it's the days where my swing is garbage that i want to make better. Any iron hit in the center of the face will produce a good shot, it's those shots that i thin or hit heel side of center that i want help with. I have am VERY tempted to get a set of blades (Srixon 945's or 965's) but i MUST resist haha. They just look so good. :taunt: :swoon:

I have the 965 and they are really forgiving for a blade. I need to settle on something and ride it for a few years at least. I gave into the crowd telling me the 965’s suck, when they really don’t. Such a mental midget.

@Denver - 965 blades are nice, 765's suck.

Edel PROTO

They feel great. If I could marry the 785 with the 965 top line, I would be a happy guy.

What Srixon needs to do is go back to the offset of the 45 series. They had a break out year then almost doubled the amount of offset lol Who is calling the shots around there?

Edel PROTO

Have you had the chance to look at the 919 forged? What are your thoughts on a combo of say 4&5 forged and 6-9 919 tour?

I have. I think i'd do a combo set with the Fli Hi's before the Forged. Matches better and has similar offset.

Edel PROTO

Have you had the chance to look at the 919 forged? What are your thoughts on a combo of say 4&5 forged and 6-9 919 tour?

I have. I think i'd do a combo set with the Fli Hi's before the Forged. Matches better and has similar offset.

Thanks. I appreciate the work you put into your reviews!

No problem, i enjoy testing anything that looks good to my eye. I have a feeling it's going to be the year of the driver with offerings from "new" contenders like Mizuno.

SO NEW TOY/ Driving iron after a failed attempt as using Srixon's.

Tour issue Taylormade 790 19* with Project X handcrafted prototype HZRDUS 105X (6.5)

Thoughts on this one soon :D

Edel PROTO

They feel great. If I could marry the 785 with the 965 top line, I would be a happy guy.

What Srixon needs to do is go back to the offset of the 45 series. They had a break out year then almost doubled the amount of offset lol Who is calling the shots around there?

Given how they can't seem to move anyone off them, I should just buy a new set and go with it (745).

Given how they can't seem to move anyone off them, I should just buy a new set and go with it (745).

haha now your talking :superman:

Edel PROTO

New irons for 2019........will be announced on GolfWRX TG2 Podcast that i will be doing tomorrow :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop:

They asked if i could do an updated WITB for the relaunch of the new TG2 so it just worked out timing wise to drop the update on the podcast.

Here's a sneak peak :taunt:

Edel PROTO

Judging by the silver ring on the top of the ferrule and speed of arrival since testing I’m saying 745s?

917 D3 10.5 Diamana S+ LTD 60x
917 F2 16.5 Kurokage Dual Core Silver 70x
818 H2 21 Oban Kiyoshi Black 95/05 or 718 T-MB 3i DG TI AMT
718 T-MB 4i DG AMT White Tour ss X100
718 AP2 5-9 DG AMT White Tour ss X100
SM7 Raw Handground 46F, 50F, 54S, 58D- DG AMT S400 & DGTI ONYX S400
SC Futura 5.5m
19’ Pro V1x

New irons for 2019........will be announced on GolfWRX TG2 Podcast that i will be doing tomorrow :busted_cop: :busted_cop: :busted_cop:

They asked if i could do an updated WITB for the relaunch of the new TG2 so it just worked out timing wise to drop the update on the podcast.

Here's a sneak peak :taunt:

Iron head covers , oh man #fail - j/k

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

I like the guesses and they are not iron head covers hahaha. Company used them to ship the irons so they stay nice and pretty :D

And guys please stop the pm's asking what they are lol

Edel PROTO

I like the guesses and they are not iron head covers hahaha. Company used them to ship the irons so they stay nice and pretty :D

And guys please stop the pm's asking what they are lol

They are iron socks, bruh. And I won’t pm, I’ll call and text uncontrollably like a stage 5 until you give me the answer!

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

Fake punt...Ping covers on taylormades.

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

Ping.....i500 retro specs?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Ping Blueprint

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM