J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

I read somewhere that Srixon will not release a 985 series this go around, so the short irons are supposed to be somewhere between the 765 and 795 in terms of size.

Do the 785 short irons seem smaller/more compact compared to the 765 short irons?

Hard to improve much on a blade. Honestly if I was buying a blade I'd go 945 or 965, barely any difference. The 785's look slightly smaller then the 765's in the heel to toe length. As i said above think about the 745's and the 765's having a baby and it would be the 785 size wise. The toe section of the 785 is still a little too pregnant for my liking but its not a deal killer.

If i was the CEO of Srixon I would take the 745 and make a slightly thinner topline and reduce the sole width.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

100 percent agree with that last part. Exact shape of the 745 with slightly thinner looking topline and slightly less sole width would be perfect. It looks like they almost did that with the 785, but unfortunately they kept a little bit of the bulbous 765 toe. I can live with the very little extra blade length. Not sure about the toe yet, but maybe it’s something I could get used to if I end up going with the 785.

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

100 percent agree with that last part. Exact shape of the 745 with slightly thinner looking topline and slightly less sole width would be perfect. It looks like they almost did that with the 785, but unfortunately they kept a little bit of the bulbous 765 toe. I can live with the very little extra blade length. Not sure about the toe yet, but maybe it’s something I could get used to if I end up going with the 785.

Exactly. That's all they really had to do to improve the 745's but they went GI which makes no sense. To me it shows they are disconnected from what consumers want and think.

Edel PROTO

I’ve never wore out the groves on a set of irons. Maybe because I can’t keep a set in the bag long enough.

Thanks for your thoughts on the 85’s.

I’m guessing you’ll like the 919T’s

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I’ve never wore out the groves on a set of irons. Maybe because I can’t keep a set in the bag long enough.

Thanks for your thoughts on the 85’s.

I’m guessing you’ll like the 919T’s

Its been a long time since i've done it myself. Srixon 745's were like cement in my bag.

I'm for three months now in Mizuno MP-18 MMC #4 - #9 and S-18 Wedges 46, 50, 54, 58. MMC lofts are weakened to normal Mizuno Lofts, so offset is minimal! Best setup I've ever played with great length and foregiveness.

Nice, i actually really like the MMC's especially the long irons. If i do MIzuno I will DEFINITELY have the MMC long irons.

On a side note I finally saw and hit these. Feel is phenomenal and i found them easier to hit than the 900T. Color me impressed :miz:

Edel PROTO

Ordered those today.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :superman: :censored2:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

MMC Fli-Hi and 919T is working well for me so far. I thought about going down to 5 in the 919T, but just hit the 4-5 Fli-Hi better than any other 4-5 I have played, so sticking with it.

They really did a great job on the 919T, more forgiving than it looks, and that great feel.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Nice, i actually really like the MMC's especially the long irons. If i do MIzuno I will DEFINITELY have the MMC long irons.

On a side note I finally saw and hit these. Feel is phenomenal and i found them easier to hit than the 900T. Color me impressed :miz:

J13, how would you compare MMC and JPX919Tours from forgiveness and feel point of view?

MMC Fli-Hi and 919T is working well for me so far. I thought about going down to 5 in the 919T, but just hit the 4-5 Fli-Hi better than any other 4-5 I have played, so sticking with it.

They really did a great job on the 919T, more forgiving than it looks, and that great feel.

That sounds like the set makeup that I would do. Thanks for the feedback

Ordered those today.. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. :superman: :censored2:

My order might be right behind yours :rockon:

J13, how would you compare MMC and JPX919Tours from forgiveness and feel point of view?

Hard to answer at this point as my testing consists of hitting balls on a LM but the 919T's surprised me in the forgiveness department. MMC's are definitely more forgiving and launch the ball a little higher. Feel wise, both feel great with the edge to the 919T's

Edel PROTO

Things have been going pretty well for me since I went to the MMC's in early August. Great clubs. I do have some issues elevating the long irons, but I've never hit my long irons terribly high in the first place. Love the feel and control they offer.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Things have been going pretty well for me since I went to the MMC's in early August. Great clubs. I do have some issues elevating the long irons, but I've never hit my long irons terribly high in the first place. Love the feel and control they offer.

Dang!! You'd have to give me about 7 shots right now :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

hahaha, i think you and i team up in a better ball against just Drudersh. We might have a chance without strokes :taunt:

Drudersh - MMC"s are WORKING for ya! Nice playing brotha :superman:

Edel PROTO

hahaha, i think you and i team up in a better ball against just Drudersh. We might have a chance without strokes :taunt:

Drudersh - MMC"s are WORKING for ya! Nice playing brotha :superman:

Uhh.. no chance bro.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

I read somewhere that Srixon will not release a 985 series this go around, so the short irons are supposed to be somewhere between the 765 and 795 in terms of size.

Do the 785 short irons seem smaller/more compact compared to the 765 short irons?

Hard to improve much on a blade. Honestly if I was buying a blade I'd go 945 or 965, barely any difference. The 785's look slightly smaller then the 765's in the heel to toe length. As i said above think about the 745's and the 765's having a baby and it would be the 785 size wise. The toe section of the 785 is still a little too pregnant for my liking but its not a deal killer.

If i was the CEO of Srixon I would take the 745 and make a slightly thinner topline and reduce the sole width.

I agree 100%. I was hoping thats what the 765s would have been. I have been through many iron sets over the last couple years but keep coming back to the 745s. They are fantastic.... I probably shouldn't even look at anything else other than another set of 745s. The 785s are nice, nicer than the 65s but I can not find any faults other than what you said about the top line and sole in the 745s... neither being all that bad but would be a way to improve for a new line.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Hey J, what is about the TS Drivers?

Ive hit them a little and really like the TS3. Sound is louder then previous Titleist drivers but that can easily be fixed in my shop :D I hit the TS2 and seemed to get great dispersion with it but not sure i could get past the odd shape. I like the new fairway woods as well. Overall I feel like Titleist has finally arrived at the party with other OEM's in terms of distance and ballspeed.

Edel PROTO

Ive hit them a little and really like the TS3. Sound is louder then previous Titleist drivers but that can easily be fixed in my shop :D I hit the TS2 and seemed to get great dispersion with it but not sure i could get past the odd shape. I like the new fairway woods as well. Overall I feel like Titleist has finally arrived at the party with other OEM's in terms of distance and ballspeed.

You finding the G400 to still be as good or better than the TS? I've had the TS3 for a couple weeks now but just can't like it enough to put it in my bag. I'm with you on the TS2 shape, and its too bad because it feels great and gave me better numbers than the TS3. I still may give it a go but the G400 has been a really good driver for me.

Titleist TSr2 10*  GD UB 6s

Ping G430 LST 15* HZRDUS smoke yellow 70s

Ping G430 19* Tour Chrome 2.0 85s

Srixon ZX7 mkii 4-7, Z-Forged ii 8-P KBS CTL 110

Ping s159 50/12s, 54/10h, 58/8b  KBS Tour
Ping Anser Milled 2  34"

Got fit for the 785’s today, looked great, felt great, and numbers were great. I’m doing U85 in 3,4 and was surprised how much I liked those. Gunna order soon!

Callaway Mavrik Subzero 10.5 Graphite Design ADDI 7XX
Srixon U85 2,3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5

You finding the G400 to still be as good or better than the TS? I've had the TS3 for a couple weeks now but just can't like it enough to put it in my bag. I'm with you on the TS2 shape, and its too bad because it feels great and gave me better numbers than the TS3. I still may give it a go but the G400 has been a really good driver for me.

As of now nothing will be replacing the G400lst LST. I’m smashing the ball and hitting a lot of fairways. It’s honestly been one of the best drivers I’ve ever owned

Edel PROTO

I still rock the 745s and I would imagine they’ll stay in the bag for next year as well, might end up just getting new heads too. I find it difficult to change irons now because I’m so used to the 745 shape and feel. It’s funny when people look at my bag and go “really? Srixon?” I just chuckle to myself.. they don’t even know

TM SIM - KuroKage 60XTX
TM SIM 15 - Blueboard 83X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 Iron - PXI 6.5
Srixon Z745 4,5 - Dynamic Gold x100

Callaway Apex Raw 6-PW - Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM8 - 52, 56, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 350 Newport 2

I still rock the 745s and I would imagine they’ll stay in the bag for next year as well, might end up just getting new heads too. I find it difficult to change irons now because I’m so used to the 745 shape and feel. It’s funny when people look at my bag and go “really? Srixon?” I just chuckle to myself.. they don’t even know

Most amateur players don't know Srixon very well. I've gotten the same chuckle from guys who shoot 90 meanwhile i'm shooting 68 :taunt: Branding, marketing, and getting floor space is not a strength for Srixon.

Edel PROTO

Most amateur players don't know Srixon very well. I've gotten the same chuckle from guys who shoot 90 meanwhile i'm shooting 68 :taunt: Branding, marketing, and getting floor space is not a strength for Srixon.

Haha agreed. I tried the 919ts as well and liked the look and feel but after using the 745s for so long I think the forgiveness and size appeals to me more. What do you use for a driving iron/hybrid?

TM SIM - KuroKage 60XTX
TM SIM 15 - Blueboard 83X
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 3 Iron - PXI 6.5
Srixon Z745 4,5 - Dynamic Gold x100

Callaway Apex Raw 6-PW - Dynamic Gold x100
Titleist SM8 - 52, 56, 60 - S400
Scotty Cameron Studio Style 350 Newport 2

Haha agreed. I tried the 919ts as well and liked the look and feel but after using the 745s for so long I think the forgiveness and size appeals to me more. What do you use for a driving iron/hybrid?

It will be hard to move on. Driving iron is in my sign below

Edel PROTO

Great review. Can you even buy 745s anymore? I tried finding 765s with the Nippon Modus 120x but even Srizon said they had none left. I can't imagine finding the 745s with the same shaft, at least not together.

I tried the 785s and 765s. It could be the shaft, but I hit the 785s much better. I hit the Modus 105 in the 765 and Modus 120 in the 785. They both felt phenomenal. I think the 745/785 look the best out of 3 for sure. Never seen the 745 in person, though. Either way, I loved the 785s and just want to hit the Modus 120x vs. 120s before I buy....unless of course I can find the 745s with the Modus 120x for $500 = )

Driver: Cobra LTD Pro 7.5o - Kuro Kage DC XT 70 TX - Tipped 1"

UDI: 2019 TaylorMade P790 2i

Irons: 3-PW: Srixon z745 with Modus 130x

Wedges: 52o/56o/60o - Cleveland RTX4s

Putter: Ping Kushin 4

J13, I need your opinion. I have a Taylormade M2 Tour Issue 3HL FW which is Great, but to upright. Can the hosel be bend by -1 better -2 degree?

yes as long as the person doing it knows their stuff. I'd talk to WillPeoples for something like that.

Edel PROTO

Another question, did you try steel shafts in your Hybrid? I was always torn with Hybrids, some weeks in Honeymoon some weeks drawing issues. Now I have same shaft as in my irons Nippon 105X and the Apex Hybrid 20 plays very nice. Any experience you can share?

Funny you should ask because i'm really interested in Nippons new steel/graphite proto that's being testing on tour. My hybrid (Cally Alpha 815) has the Rome 988 shaft in it so i'm pretty happy with that setup. With that said i have been tempted to try a steel shaft in my driving irons.

Edel PROTO

Hey J, thanks for the quick rundown on the 785.

Just curious if you played the 718 AP2's at all, and if so how they compare in the look departments, and forgiveness?

Didn't play the AP2's but i like them a lot. Ap2's have a thinner topline then 785's and are slightly smaller in overall size (Not by much though). Forgiveness wise I would say the Srixon's are going to be the best as MOI has to be higher with the slightly larger size and slightly thicker perimeter weighting. Best part is both look great from address and have the same players offset so it comes down to what shape you like better.

Thanks for the help. AP2's are ridiculous forgiving for the size, figured it was all tungsten crammed in the perimeter of the heads. Hope to see some 785 in person some day.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style