J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

Can you give a quick comparison to the Epic SZ?

Rogue SZ looks better, seems to spin a smidge more, higher trajectory off the deck but not off the tee (huge bonus here), and is more forgiving. Also with the glued hosel and reshaped crown it just looks perfect behind the ball whether it's on a peg or the ground. Not many fairway woods i can say that about.

I wonder why they didn't go with the adjustable sleeve?

Not sure about you but my swing can change slightly over a couple months so I like being able to either +/- loft or help maybe fight or help promote a certain flight, or even change shafts easily.

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Can you give a quick comparison to the Epic SZ?

Rogue SZ looks better, seems to spin a smidge more, higher trajectory off the deck but not off the tee (huge bonus here), and is more forgiving. Also with the glued hosel and reshaped crown it just looks perfect behind the ball whether it's on a peg or the ground. Not many fairway woods i can say that about.

Not sure about you but my swing can change slightly over a couple months so I like being able to either +/- loft or help maybe fight or help promote a certain flight, or even change shafts easily.

I think a glued hosel looks better aesthetically speaking but you have a valid point with adjustability. Like everything there are pro's and con's. I like trying different shafts with the turn of a wrench but I wish they somehow can make small adjustable hosels for fwy woods. With a 160-170cc head it's hard to make it look right.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

My understanding is that the Jailbreak bars added enough weight that putting them into a FW head with an adjustable hosel would have been too heavy.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Ahhhhhh.....

used that ebay code and got a new 15* SZ with evenflow blue 75 for $200 shipped.

I guess I will be trying it out sooner than expected.

Very nice! Whats the code?

My understanding is that the Jailbreak bars added enough weight that putting them into a FW head with an adjustable hosel would have been too heavy.

Or maybe it's a way for them to upgrade the Rogue line by adding adjustability in fwy's with jailbreak tech ;) God bless the OEM"s for spacing this stuff out haha :D

Edel PROTO

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Or maybe it's a way for them to upgrade the Rogue line by adding adjustability in fwy's with jailbreak tech ;) God bless the OEM"s for spacing this stuff out haha :D

Oh yeah, I have no doubt that a year or two from now an adjustable line of FW's with Jailbreak will magically appear... :cheesy:

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Oh yeah, I have no doubt that a year or two from now an adjustable line of FW's with Jailbreak will magically appear... :cheesy:

Oh they will and we will all be scrambling to get them :D I will say "wow the adjustability is so much better who wants glued hosels anymore?" :taunt: :taunt:

Edel PROTO

That Paco post was hilarious. Any idea if the Rogue sets up open? Think you will have to bend it?

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

That Paco post was hilarious. Any idea if the Rogue sets up open? Think you will have to bend it?

The Rogue SZ fairway wood and most ive seen on the rack look to setup a little open. I haven't seen any that were closed and i've looked at a bunch between me hotmelting them for others or at the shop. I don't think i'll have to bend mine at all, if anything maybe a smidge more upright because i play my 3 wood at 42.5"

Edel PROTO

Nice

001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Nice

Yeah normally with fairway woods i either order through someone that can bend them or go to a shop and pull each one off the rack and choose the one that sits the best.

Edel PROTO

Well i got to practice more with the Rogue SZ 3 wood and i think it's going to be in the bag a LONG time. Great shape, great feel, and perfect size. Overall i love the trajectory from both the deck and tee. Very rarely do i find a 3 wood that i can hit the same window whether it's on the ground or tee, the last 3 wood to do that for me was a 2016 Tour issue M2. Time on the course has been cut short thanks to the winter storm that just ripped through the north east. Hopefully courses will reopen in a week or two :(

Ping G400 MAX

Stopped at the shop today after a trip to the doc's for a cortisone shot (tennis elbow) so i was feeling good. Hit the GMAX next to my stick and the Rogue SZ. Have to say the GMax is pretty damn good. Spin is about 200-300rpm's higher then my LST but the forgiveness factor was noticeable. Rogue SZ continues to impress me and just hits BOMBS. I'm planning on getting on trackman in a few weeks outdoors to do more testing so we will see :D

Compared to my LST quick comparison

Trajectory - About the same as my LST

Spin - LST lower on average by about 200-300rpm

Dispersion - MAX was on par with LST which has been great

Forgiveness - MAX is crazy

Look - Noticeably bigger and just looks like you can smash it

Sound- LIttle higher then LST stock but hotmelt is easy enough

Edel PROTO

j,

I'm nowhere near the golfer you are or ever will be. Had my fitting yesterday and the G400 Max couldn't even come close to my gamer. My gamer killed the Max in every category. My gamer with the same shaft, loft, and standard setting was 10 yards longer with the same dispersion and up to 1000 rmp's less spin.

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

j,

I'm nowhere near the golfer you are or ever will be. Had my fitting yesterday and the G400 Max couldn't even come close to my gamer. My gamer killed the Max in every category. My gamer with the same shaft, loft, and standard setting was 10 yards longer with the same dispersion and up to 1000 rmp's less spin.

Then stick with the gamer i will be ;) the LST is awesome for me and if I switched it would only be to the rogue SZ. All comes down to course testing after the trackman session.

Edel PROTO

The shots were painful for sure. Especially the one I got in my knee. My elbow feels much better then it did that’s for sure I also got a brace to use while I work out or play golf. Hopefully this takes care of the problem for good along with avoiding things that aggravate it.

Edel PROTO

Played today and really liked what i saw. I practice/played today which is basically me hitting a bunch of shots on course from the deck and tee. Wanted to really put it through it's paces today which i got to do as the course was pretty empty. I want to get another round or two in before i give a more in depth review but so far it's producing exactly what i thought and hoped it would.

Some pics from today, it just sets up perfectly behind the ball.

That looks like a beast of a combo. I just had Will Peoples put together a Rogue SZ + Tour AD F-75 combo hotmelted to D3 to try out for the first time this weekend. Loved the glue hosel look. So clean and good from address. Good to hear you have having great results with this fairway wood. It's the one slot in my bag that is a revolving door and I'm always try to find that unicorn!

Ping G430 Max 10° VA composites Nemesys | Ping G425 LST 15°| Ping G430 Max 7w 21°
Mizuno Pro 225/223 combo 4-PW Aerotech Steelfiber i95 s
Vokey SM7 52ºF / Vokey SM9 58ºT 
TM Spider X copper/ BGT Stability Tour shaft 

The shots were painful for sure. Especially the one I got in my knee. My elbow feels much better then it did that’s for sure I also got a brace to use while I work out or play golf. Hopefully this takes care of the problem for good along with avoiding things that aggravate it.

I had one in my knee during HS basketball. It was awful, I don’t wish it upon my enemies.

TI Taylormade SIM (9.0°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
TI Taylormade SIM Ti (15.4°) Tensei CK Pro Blue 80X
Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
PING i210 (4i-UW) DG X100
Ping Glide 2.0 (54°) DG S400 TI
Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
Taylormade Spider X Chalk SS

Taylormade TP5

I'd suggest going to quality instructor too about anything in your swing that might contribute to it. I didn't go to an instructor on the issue when I had it but I found a few things that helped alleviate extra stress on that part of my arm.

My Rogue SZ 3W showed up with a HZRDUS yellow, slapped in a 7g weight in place of the 2g, liked it very much today.

I may have to stick the Pro Orange in it. It does set up great behind the ball, feels better, and is more forgiving. I definitely like the head shape better then the Epic SZ.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Thanks for all the suggestions. I pretty much know the culprit and it’s the turf they put in at my club. It’s one long area of fake turf that isn’t like a mat. There doesn’t seem to be any padding underneath like a normal high quality mat. I’m going to stick to the grass area from here on out.

Q- the knee was like a hot knife. It does feel a lot better though and now 5 days out my elbow feels 100% and knee feels better then it has in years. I hope the medical world can figure something out that regenerates cartilage in the next 20 years or so. I’d love to avoid a knee replacement because that’s where I’m headed if not.

Edel PROTO

Feel better. I’ve been searching BST for a MAX 10.5 myself

001 TW Proto

Thanks for all the suggestions. I pretty much know the culprit and it's the turf they put in at my club. It's one long area of fake turf that isn't like a mat. There doesn't seem to be any padding underneath like a normal high quality mat. I'm going to stick to the grass area from here on out.

yea, mats suck. I was pretty much trying everything, getting really shallow, only hitting on grass, theraband, you name it Ended up going away, just took forever

Getting old sucks!

That it does. My goal at this point is preservation of my knee's.

Redjeep - yeah it's been about 4 months, I wish I would have taken a week or two rest when i first felt the pain. Dumb.

Edel PROTO

J13 - the medical world has figured out cartilage regeneration. I'm 49 and had this procedure 18 months ago with the hope of getting another 15-20 years before knee replacement. Pre surgery I was told I needed that now, walked with a limp and hadn't played golf in a year. I am back playing, walking and carrying my bag. Able to go to the gym and swim, just cannot run

• 2 weeks later...

My G400lst has turned into an absolute monster after melt. I removed the weight in the back and added 10g of melt forward, low, and just a touch to the heel. Went from a hard cut to a baby draw/ straight and knocked a good 200-300rpm of backspin off. Obviously sound and feel is 10x better as well.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM