J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

That's what I love about it, its just so easy to align. The putter ho in me always wants to try something new but havent been able to top it with results.

[size=2][color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade RBZ 10.5°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Taylormade Burner 3W 15°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Nike Sumo² 3H 21°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist AP1 710 4-P [/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist Vokey 52°/56°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Wilson Staff TW7 60°[/font][/color]
[color=#696969][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Odyssey Versa #9[/font][/color][/size]

Wow, thats a great looking putter. I have been gaming a White Hot Marxman Blade for about 8 years, nothing can kick it out of the bag.

Will definitely give that one a look

The alignment is so easy i'm tempted to grab one with the S neck to see if it fares better then the double bend version. Through my putter testing last summer i realized a few things and one of them is double bend putters are no bueno for me which limits your options with mallets.

+1000

The last mallet putter I owned was face balance Craz-e. I've tried many mallet putters because I like the alignment but just never fit my stroke.

So I picked up a red #7S this winter. Not a huge fan of the red but like the slant neck and the 3 dots on topline vs the straight line of the black topline. It'll definitely be an experiment, hopefully it works out. I wish more putter companies offered mallets with toe hang

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Yeah the m2 2016 fwy wood is legit and has a great shape and size to it. The latest M3 fwy looks awful to me and SUPER flat, the M4 looks better to my eye. Overall though the Rogue SZ is perfection and can't see anything touching it in the looks and performance categories.

On a side note the new Odyssey S release is filthy. Loving the marxman

You can pry my 16’ M2 fairways from my cold dead hands. I built them short of standard to help flatten the stock lie angle and it’s a toss up between the 3 and 5 wood as to which is my favorite club in the bag.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

Wow, thats a great looking putter. I have been gaming a White Hot Marxman Blade for about 8 years, nothing can kick it out of the bag.

Will definitely give that one a look

The alignment is so easy i'm tempted to grab one with the S neck to see if it fares better then the double bend version. Through my putter testing last summer i realized a few things and one of them is double bend putters are no bueno for me which limits your options with mallets.

+1000

The last mallet putter I owned was face balance Craz-e. I've tried many mallet putters because I like the alignment but just never fit my stroke.

So I picked up a red #7S this winter. Not a huge fan of the red but like the slant neck and the 3 dots on topline vs the straight line of the black topline. It'll definitely be an experiment, hopefully it works out. I wish more putter companies offered mallets with toe hang

Yeah the m2 2016 fwy wood is legit and has a great shape and size to it. The latest M3 fwy looks awful to me and SUPER flat, the M4 looks better to my eye. Overall though the Rogue SZ is perfection and can't see anything touching it in the looks and performance categories.

On a side note the new Odyssey S release is filthy. Loving the marxman

I"m glad putter companies are finally waking up and realizing they can stop doing the mindless releases of the same thing every year.

You can pry my 16' M2 fairways from my cold dead hands. I built them short of standard to help flatten the stock lie angle and it's a toss up between the 3 and 5 wood as to which is my favorite club in the bag.

haha they are great fwy woods, enjoy them

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

So got to play today with a fellow member (Smitty120) at my club and he was nice enough to bring his new M4 with KK DC XT 60TX which is the same shaft i've been playing except weight (i'm 70g). Overall pretty apples to apples against my Ping G400 LST.

Thoughts - Love the head design, Smitty120 hit some bombs with it. For me I found it to launch a bit higher then expected and spin a little more then my G400LST. Not sure if the weight of the shafts made a difference or not. Smitty120 hit it on a much flatter trajectory then me so for him it's a perfect head. I felt I could work my G400LST more (possibly because it's a small head) and I also like that my setup is very anti-left with the 8.5 head opened all the way up. Overall the M4 is a better head then the M2 so anyone looking to switch will be happy.

King for me is still the Ping G400LST w/ KK DC XT 70TX. I hit a lot of fairways with it and it's long, not sure if anything is going to beat it this year. Up next is the Rogue SZ :D

Edel PROTO

Weather was great! Thanks for having me over to your club! M4 is a great match for me when the swing is on. :)

Your Ping mated with that KK DC is a monster! Big Big Carry ball! I don’t see you beating that combo but the Rogue SZ is a special Head! ;)

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

The G400 is so good I'm tempted to try the MAX

TM SiM 9* Kuro Kage XT 60 TX

TM SiM 15* Diamana D+ LTD 70 X

Titleist u500 2 Diamana Tensei Blue 90X, 4 DG TI S400

Titleist T100 5-6 DG TI S400

Titleist MB 7-PW DG TIS400
Artisan TW/TGR Blade 50*, Artisan 55R, 59TW S400
001 TW Proto

WITB http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1183320-cota0429-nike-oven-baked-witb-52215/

Weather was great! Thanks for having me over to your club! M4 is a great match for me when the swing is on. :)

Your Ping mated with that KK DC is a monster! Big Big Carry ball! I don't see you beating that combo but the Rogue SZ is a special Head! ;)

My pleasure glad you could come over to play brotha ;) You smashed some drives yourself I really like that head for you.

J13 -

what do you mean "I also like that my setup is very anti-left with the 8.5 head opened all the way up"

set to the big +?

Meaning it doesn't go left on me which i really like. Its an 8.5* head and i have it set on -1* so its technically playing 7.5*. Face slight opens up at this setting.

Yeah I thought about it but i'm worried the spin will be too high. The LST is borderline spin now.

Edel PROTO

Good thing the new Ping drivers perform, they are UGLY.. my goodness. Agree on the 8.5 going high, I also tested it with the Tensei W 60tx. Hate the Tensei shafts, haven't hit the Orange but a good buddy swears by it.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Your Ping mated with that KK DC is a monster! Big Big Carry ball! I don't see you beating that combo but the Rogue SZ is a special Head! ;)

Wow course looks to be in pretty good shape. Has the course been very long this year?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

Good thing the new Ping drivers perform, they are UGLY.. my goodness. Agree on the 8.5 going high, I also tested it with the Tensei W 60tx. Hate the Tensei shafts, haven't hit the Orange but a good buddy swears by it.

I like the look of the crown but i understand those who say they don't. It's not for everyone for sure. I love that I get insanely high MOI in a 445cc package. The slightly smaller head makes me feel like i can work the ball again with a driver but not leave anything on the table if i miss hit it which from my instagram video you can clearly see i do from time to time :taunt: :swoon:

Wow course looks to be in pretty good shape. Has the course been very long this year?

Thanks, course never closes and i've played multiple times every month throughout the winter. Last week with the temp getting into the 80's the grass started growing again which is pretty rare for Maryland in February.

Edel PROTO

My pleasure glad you could come over to play brotha ;) You smashed some drives yourself I really like that head for you.

J13 -

what do you mean "I also like that my setup is very anti-left with the 8.5 head opened all the way up"

set to the big +?

Meaning it doesn't go left on me which i really like. Its an 8.5* head and i have it set on -1* so its technically playing 7.5*. Face slight opens up at this setting.

Prior to moving the setting to -1 curious to hear how the head looked at address, and did you notice more of a draw bias in the standard setting?

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

J13 -

set to the big +?

Prior to moving the setting to -1 curious to hear how the head looked at address, and did you notice more of a draw bias in the standard setting?

No it was not draw bias in the standard setting. Only way i saw that was if i increased loft and close the face. In the standard setting it was pretty neutral but i wanted to bring flight and spin down a bit hence the -1 setting. The setup i have is VERY anti left.

Edel PROTO

J13 -

set to the big +?

No it was not draw bias in the standard setting. Only way i saw that was if i increased loft and close the face. In the standard setting it was pretty neutral but i wanted to bring flight and spin down a bit hence the -1 setting. The setup i have is VERY anti left.

Thanks!

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

I recently got my g400 LST. I will admit, in store, it did not appeal to my eye, but I tried it for the performance. I am glad I did, I found that on course, I really liked the look and now it looks great. Sound is great but I added hot melt as well. Liked the performance on it as well so it is in the bag and will be fine tuning it. I have the black mamba in it and it's great. Now I need a good fairway shaft.....

PING G410 9 Flat(HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5/Ventus Black 7x)
PING G410 14.5 (HZRDUS T1100 75g 6.5)
PING G425 LST 14.5 (Speeder Tour Spec 7.2x)

PING G410 17.5 (HZRDUS T1100 85g 6.5)

NIKE Vapor Fly 20* Iron (Modus105x HS)

PING i500 20* iron (DG105x100)

P7TW 3-PW (DGX7)

52 milled grind (DGX7)  / Vokey TVD K 58 (DGX7)
TM Spider Armlock/SIK Armlock

I recently got my g400 LST. I will admit, in store, it did not appeal to my eye, but I tried it for the performance. I am glad I did, I found that on course, I really liked the look and now it looks great. Sound is great but I added hot melt as well. Liked the performance on it as well so it is in the bag and will be fine tuning it. I have the black mamba in it and it's great. Now I need a good fairway shaft.....

Nice, i'm currently trying to figure out the fairway wood slot. I'm going to try the Ping G400 but on the LM it was really spinny for me so I might end up with the Rogue SZ just because it looks so good. Shaft for me will be Veylix Rome 888. Highly recommend you try one.

Edel PROTO

did I miss how the rogue held up against the lst?

You didn't miss it. Haven't gotten around to it yet, waiting for my club to get the demo heads in so i can take it on course.

Edel PROTO

J13 -

set to the big +?

Yeah I thought about it but i'm worried the spin will be too high. The LST is borderline spin now.

Not 1:1 on face angle to loft ??? 1* Open = ~.6* loft reduction

How close do you think the 8.5 is to an true 8.5*?

Titleist loft tolerance +\- .5 from printed on the head

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

Ping drivers can be adjusted up to + or - 1* of loft so i have the 8.5 adjusted to 7.5. I’m not sure of the actual loft but like most pings it’s most likely 1/2 to 1* higher in standard

Edel PROTO

With Spring almost here i'm doing more and more work for players/ wrx members so seeing as how hotmelt makes everything better I took some pics :D Currently doing work for some wrx'ers, both have M4 heads which have a hosel opening and weight port opening depending on where you want the weight. One needs to be D4 the other D5. Both have custom weights in the back so i didn't need to add a massive amount of melt. One head needed 3.5g the other 6.7g's. Also reminder for anyone swapping weights to use Loctite to ensure a snug fit. Anyway enjoy the pics

Edel PROTO

J is amazing at any Hot Melting needs! He has given the J13 special touch to a few of my driver heads. He has the same setup as Tour Trucks use. Attention to detail is top notch! :)

Glad to help brotha. I didn't use hotmelt in your head i just used epoxy. Was that wrong? :taunt:

Edel PROTO

I knew it looked like one big tall nugget of epoxy! :0 :p

just let me know how it feels and sounds ;) I did some tour magic with it to get sound and feel just right :superman:

Edel PROTO

just let me know how it feels and sounds ;) I did some tour magic with it to get sound and feel just right :superman:

Did you Elmers glue a tiny Romo inside the head?

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s

I put a Nick Foles inside with some super glue and scotch tape. When he swing the driver it will sound like he's shaking a spray paint can :D

Edel PROTO

I put a Nick Foles inside with some super glue and scotch tape. When he swing the driver it will sound like he's shaking a spray paint can :D

Haha, so you helped make his driver kinda into one of those training aids that clicks at the top of the swing, and then again through the release. Hope you got a patent on that so no one steal that driver and swing aid all in 1, hell throw an Arcos grip on it and you can have your GC infomercial just needs a catchy name though....

Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s