J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM

My G400lst has turned into an absolute monster after melt. I removed the weight in the back and added 10g of melt forward, low, and just a touch to the heel. Went from a hard cut to a baby draw/ straight and knocked a good 200-300rpm of backspin off. Obviously sound and feel is 10x better as well.

Great to hear! How has it effected launch? Higher or lower?

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

It’s lowered a touch and more penetrating for me for what I can tell initially. Peak height is lower and no ballooning whatsoever. I’m guessing it took a good 200-300 off but haven’t confirmed on any launch data. Will get to experiment more with it in coming weeks and on my Houston golf trip in 2 weeks.

AI Smoke Max @ 7* +8g front weight - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.25”)

BRNR Mini 13.5(@12.5*) 43.25” - Diamana DF 70tx(tipped 1.75”)

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Miura CB 1008 4-P - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Cleveland RTX 6 50/55 - X100

Titleist SM9 60.12 D grind - S400

Piretti Savona 

It's lowered a touch and more penetrating for me for what I can tell initially. Peak height is lower and no ballooning whatsoever. I'm guessing it took a good 200-300 off but haven't confirmed on any launch data. Will get to experiment more with it in coming weeks and on my Houston golf trip in 2 weeks.

Cool. I added around 3g's to mine just to mute the sound and it's SO much better then off the rack. Ping did a better job acoustically speaking but it's still not there yet.

Also new toy alert :D Should be here this week so more details then. :superman2:

Edel PROTO

It's lowered a touch and more penetrating for me for what I can tell initially. Peak height is lower and no ballooning whatsoever. I'm guessing it took a good 200-300 off but haven't confirmed on any launch data. Will get to experiment more with it in coming weeks and on my Houston golf trip in 2 weeks.

Cool. I added around 3g's to mine just to mute the sound and it's SO much better then off the rack. Ping did a better job acoustically speaking but it's still not there yet.

Also new toy alert :D Should be here this week so more details then. :superman2:

nice! I did put about 3 grams in mine first while retaining the stock weight and didn’t make enough of a difference for me personally. Taking out they 10 gram weight and redistributing with melt was just enough to affect the bias to where I wanted.

TSR 3h 19* - AV Raw White 9x  -OR-  Fourteen Type 7 (19*) - $ taper black 125 s+(HS 1x)

Piretti Savona 

Mu guess is putter or driving iron....

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

nice! I did put about 3 grams in mine first while retaining the stock weight and didn't make enough of a difference for me personally. Taking out they 10 gram weight and redistributing with melt was just enough to affect the bias to where I wanted.

That's a decent amount of weight to move around so i have no doubt it made a big difference.

Warrick - you are actually kinda right now that i think about it, I guess 1 new toy , 1 modified toy. The modified club is my driving iron which i'll take a pic of later. I think EVERYONE will appreciate the shaft. :busted_cop:

Edel PROTO

Driving iron shafts are a rabbit hole!

Piretti Savona 

I don't see you going Tensei route, mabye a 988 Rome?

Looking forward to the new stuff.

Too obvious and my Rome is in my 815 Alpha hybrid. When you see it you will immediately say wow i love that you did that.

Edel PROTO

I don't see you going Tensei route, mabye a 988 Rome?

Looking forward to the new stuff.

Too obvious and my Rome is in my 815 Alpha hybrid. When you see it you will immediately say wow i love that you did that.

Well that doesn't sound weird at all

Swiz your mind is in the gutter and you too will appreciate the shaft that is now in my driving iron. When i get home i'll snap a quick pic.

Edel PROTO

Nunchuck or Thump maybe?

Titleist TSR2 9 w/Ventus Black 6X
TM BRNR Mini 13.5 w/Ventus TR Blue 7X

Titleist TSR3 18 w/Ventus Black 9X or TM P760 3 w/HZRDUS Black 6.5 105
Artisan FC 4, Artisan HC 5&6, Artisan MB 7-PW (4 TI X100 120, 5-PW TI X100)
Artisan 51,55,60 (51 TI X100; 55,60 TI S400)
Artisan 0117 Slant Neck

Nunchuck or Thump maybe?

I like where your heads at but better :o

Edel PROTO

Here she is. Remember this shaft? Clearing somethings out and found this installed in a Adams Pro Black Hybrid Tour head. I hit a few balls today at the range and noticed a BIG difference in flight and feel of the club. A little more boring flight but much more consistent because the overall weight is probably around 20g's heavier.

Edel PROTO

Those OG NV shafts are still legit.

PXG Black Ops 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 6X

PXG Gen 5 0311 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X

PXG  Gen 5 0311 19* - Aldila Tour Blue 85X

PXG 0311T Gen 5 4-P - DG120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

The materials being used and the colors may have changed, but the OG green NV's bend profile is still very much alive and well for Aldila. Tour Green, Rogue Silver, 2KXV Green all have the same stiffness profile.

OEM Certified Master Fitter

"Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right."
WITB Link

Those OG NV shafts are still legit.

They really are. STill being used on tour after all these years.

The materials being used and the colors may have changed, but the OG green NV's bend profile is still very much alive and well for Aldila. Tour Green, Rogue Silver, 2KXV Green all have the same stiffness profile.

For sure. Anyone that knows anything about the shaft industry knows how often they recycle designs with new paint schemes. I'm anxious to get it on the course after yesterdays range session. Big different from my V2 (89g) shaft. This started as an experiment from stuff sitting in my basement and turned out to be a big help to my tee game.

Edel PROTO

How are you getting along with your Rogue 3W, J? I did the "Stenson Experiment" yesterday by leaving the driver in the trunk and hitting my Rogue 3+ where I'd normally hit driver for an 18 hole round. No missed fairways and DEEP, thing is a fire-breathing dragon!

WITB Link

How are you getting along with your Rogue 3W, J? I did the "Stenson Experiment" yesterday by leaving the driver in the trunk and hitting my Rogue 3+ where I'd normally hit driver for an 18 hole round. No missed fairways and DEEP, thing is a fire-breathing dragon!

To be honest i'm on the fence with it. I"m a taller person so it's sitting too flat for me and i haven't had a chance to get it bent. My nike vr pro ltd 3 wood ( old trusty) has a heavy swing weight (D8.5) and i just love the feel so i added a little more weight to the head to see if i can recreate that in the SZ. Original setup had a heavier weight in front with a little melt but that didn't work out and I think might be causing my consistency issues. Overall though the flight, spin, launch, and distance are on point. I'm hoping to play some holes tomorrow and practice with it as my course just punched the greens so i should have plenty of space to hit some shots each hole with no one on my a**.

Edel PROTO

I'm taller than average as well and thought the 55* lie angle on the Rogue 3+ might be problematic, but so far it hasn't been at all.

Yeah i was hoping that as well but at 42.5" long it's too flat. Not sure what length you're playing it at but 43" would be a little better.

Edel PROTO

I'm taller than average as well and thought the 55* lie angle on the Rogue 3+ might be problematic, but so far it hasn't been at all.

Yeah i was hoping that as well but at 42.5" long it's too flat. Not sure what length you're playing it at but 43" would be a little better.

Now that you mention it, I do have mine at 43.5".

WITB Link

To be honest i'm on the fence with it. I"m a taller person so it's sitting too flat for me and i haven't had a chance to get it bent. My nike vr pro ltd 3 wood ( old trusty) has a heavy swing weight (D8.5) and i just love the feel so i added a little more weight to the head to see if i can recreate that in the SZ. Original setup had a heavier weight in front with a little melt but that didn't work out and I think might be causing my consistency issues. Overall though the flight, spin, launch, and distance are on point. I'm hoping to play some holes tomorrow and practice with it as my course just punched the greens so i should have plenty of space to hit some shots each hole with no one on my a**.

Is there anyway to remove hot melt after it's been added or is it a "once it's done, it's done" type of deal?

rymail00 2018 WITB [i][b] [url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1605910-rymail00-2018-witb-pic-heavy/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...witb-pic-heavy/[/url][/b][/i]

[size=3]TM M1 430 8.5* Tour Issue w/ Tensei CK Pro White 70s (with high gloss SLDR finish from Continental Golf)
Titleist 917 F3 15* D+ 80s
Titleist 915H 21* D+ 90s
Titleist 915H 24* D+ 90s
Titleist AP2 718, 5-50* Steelfiber i95s
Scratch TD DW 54* 58* KBS HiRev
Odyssey Metal X Milled 330M (current gamer) [/size]
[size=3]Ping Scottsdale TR B60[/size]
[size=3]TP Mills Heritage 349g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan 006 355g [/size]
[size=3]Byron Morgan Makers Proof #4/5 solid copper [/size]
[size=3]C&L CL1 368g[/size]
Scotty Cameron Newport Studio Style

Is there anyway to remove hot melt after it's been added or is it a "once it's done, it's done" type of deal?

It can be done in heads with weight ports but for the most part once it's done it's done in most heads.

Edel PROTO

J, I thought I read several pages back you’ve got the 8.5 degree head turned down to take out the left side. I’m curious as to how this head launches with the KK DC CT in that low loft setting. I’ve got an M2 with the same shaft and am curious as to how it might compare. Something about the LST keeps calling my name, any insight you have is appreciated

J, I thought I read several pages back you've got the 8.5 degree head turned down to take out the left side. I'm curious as to how this head launches with the KK DC CT in that low loft setting. I've got an M2 with the same shaft and am curious as to how it might compare. Something about the LST keeps calling my name, any insight you have is appreciated

I have an 8.5 G400LST opened up to eliminate the left side, works great and can't say enough about the head and shaft combo. Launch is high with spin in the low 2000's. I tried an M4 with the same shaft and the G400LST was much better for me.

Edel PROTO

J, I thought I read several pages back you've got the 8.5 degree head turned down to take out the left side. I'm curious as to how this head launches with the KK DC CT in that low loft setting. I've got an M2 with the same shaft and am curious as to how it might compare. Something about the LST keeps calling my name, any insight you have is appreciated

I have an 8.5 G400LST opened up to eliminate the left side, works great and can't say enough about the head and shaft combo. Launch is high with spin in the low 2000's. I tried an M4 with the same shaft and the G400LST was much better for me.

Thanks J. I’m really looking forward to putting this combo in play. How do you have your shaft set up, length and tipping wise?

Thanks J. I'm really looking forward to putting this combo in play. How do you have your shaft set up, length and tipping wise?

No problem. 45" 1/2" tipping

Edel PROTO

J13, may I ask....in your opinion, how many grams of melt does it take to slightly impact flight bias? I have the G400max in 9 and I'm looking to make it slightly more fade biased with some melt. Also thinking the sound could be improved a smidge as a side effect. More interested in the slight fade bias than the sound change. 3g out toward the toe? A local builder I believe is experienced in melt, but wanted to get your thoughts. Many thanks!!!! Great thread and fun to follow.

Titleist TSi2 10, Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 6X, 45"

Titleist TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore 7X, 43"

TaylorMade GAPR Mid 4, KBS

Titleist T100S, KBS C-Taper S+ 5-PW

Titleist SM8, 50F, 54S, 60D, TT S400 Custom 

Scotty Cameron Phantom X12, 35", Stability Tour

[url="https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/"]https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/[/url]

J13, may I ask....in your opinion, how many grams of melt does it take to slightly impact flight bias? I have the G400max in 9 and I'm looking to make it slightly more fade biased with some melt. Also thinking the sound could be improved a smidge as a side effect. More interested in the slight fade bias than the sound change. 3g out toward the toe? A local builder I believe is experienced in melt, but wanted to get your thoughts. Many thanks!!!! Great thread and fun to follow.

Adding 3 gram to the toe won’t make any difference in bias. Would need to add much more. One option, which I did to my LST, is to remove the 10gram weight in the rear and then add that 10 gram back in melt. Redistributing the weight is what you’ll need to do to get to the point of changing bias.

Piretti Savona 

• J13 changed the title to J13's WITB: Update- FUJIKURA AXIOM