2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Robert Allenby Robbed and Beaten Up in Hawaii

Holy Moses

Here I am on WRX, THE source for all things golf & go through 3 pages & nobody brings up the spooky coincidence that the homeless dude is named after a shaft.....

That's why Alenby wd'd from Humana..... He's going to be in the Tour Van swapping out the Kai'li for A'hina!!!

NOTE: for our more serious friends here, please know that I am aware that the Kai'li is an generation or so old & yes, I am also aware that RA is probably not playing that particular shaft....though it would be an AWESOME coincidence!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kiwi2' timestamp='1421886967' post='10793917']
[quote name='ericld' timestamp='1421886477' post='10793845']
[quote name='Kiwi2' timestamp='1421886198' post='10793813']
Any rational decent person would view this thread as a tasteless and vindictive attack on somone who has suffered a misfortune.

It is not, no matter what some of you think, alright to make the outlandish and crass suggestions that many of you have.

Innuendo and unfounded tasteless character slur is what this thread is about.
[/quote]

Are you still lecturing us? We've heard your position.

now back to ridiculing Allenby and his poor decisions....
[/quote]

You guys are sure painting a nice picture of your characters.

The tall poppy syndrome is at work again.
[/quote]

Due respect.

But dont you think, really

He is telling a "big fish" story?

Maybe?

C'mon, kiwi!

Dont let national pride play into it. I think evey Aussie I have met is cool (never met allenby ; ) and definitely can hold their booze.

Is that the issue? That if he just acted like a drunken bum, its bad on you guys?

Not the case, I assure you.

That said, I agree, he could have just got popped and disoriented and thought he was kidnapped...I suppose.

[quote name='LittleLeftToRight' timestamp='1421888097' post='10794049']The funny thing about all of this is if he posted the picture on his Twitter and said that he got drunk, lost his wallet and passed out smashing his face in the process I think a lot of people would have felt sorry for him, myself included, because most of us have had nights of drunken ribaldry. Instead he makes up some weird story about being Taken and tries blaming everyone but himself. Now he will be the butt of jokes for years to come.[/quote]

Nah, the same people would say he probably got kidnapped and thrown into the trunk of a car and finally dropped off in a park after being robbed and just didn't want to admit it

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1421885252' post='10793749']

Just doesnt make sense..... The first reports were already confusing....... He stated he was drinking in Waikiki and found 6 miles outside when he was mugged and dropped off.

He confirmed he was Drinking at the Amuse Wine bar that IS NOT IN WAIKIKI......It is 6 miles outside of Waikiki LOL.....so already his story was messed up from the beginning.......

His story doesn't add up and him getting mugged in that area......highly unlikely........
[/quote]

Picking nits...Amuse is less than 2 miles from Waikiki depending on your definition but it certainly isn't 6 miles. I live down the street as well, and I've walked home from Amuse plenty of times in the dark. I don't think the area is unsafe, but it seems that there are more and more "unsavory characters" in the entire area despite being 3 blocks from $4000/month apartment buildings. I wouldn't walk in Ala Moana Beach Park 2 blocks away after sunset.
It is, however, 6 miles from Kahala. These distances, in my opinion, are 2 things a visitor might get confused especially after taking a blow to the head. I had a few football teammates that couldn't remember what day of the week it was after a hit from a linebacker.
I'm not saying the rest of Allenby's story adds up, but there are certain elements that could easily be confused.

[quote name='RiskyBusiness' timestamp='1421889483' post='10794195']
It would be interesting to see what the theory commrnents would be had he not survived.
[/quote]
Too soon, man.

Driver Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme
Callaway X Hot Pro 13.5* and 17* FW
Callaway Razr X Tour 21* Hybrid
Callaway Apex Pro 5-PW, Mizuno JPX 50*,
Mizuno MPT-11 54*, Vokey SM4 60/10,
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #2

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1421889123' post='10794153']
Hold on, let's back up a little bit. There're people that can't stand Seinfeld?
[/quote]

city ....[i]planner[/i]

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Srixon ZX 19h w/PX hzrdus Red 80

Mizuno MP241 4-PW w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Mizuno MP24 52 w/KBS Ctaper LITE

Cleveland RTX6 60/10--Spinner

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

[quote name='stryper' timestamp='1421888450' post='10794091']
[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1421883145' post='10793565']
[quote name='Kiwi2' timestamp='1421882570' post='10793511']
[quote name='stu_man' timestamp='1421882123' post='10793463']
Kiwi2.. Lighten up dude/ma'am. maybe the dingo ate your baby is a quote from Seinfeld. It's a joke.
[/quote]

If so it is an ignorant and extremely tastless one.
[/quote]

It is also a quote from a hilarious Simpsons episode.

[u]Lighten up Francis.[/u]
[/quote]

From [i]Stripes[/i], of course....
[/quote]

Thank you stryper. That was the one thing in this hold thread that was making me nuts.

"Back home they call me the cruiser"
"They should've called you the dork"
Lol

[quote name='Musky' timestamp='1421889123' post='10794153']
Hold on, let's back up a little bit. There're people that can't stand Seinfeld?
[/quote]

Same guy that said he'd stomp on teacher Martin Chuck on the course, then disappeared when Martin took him up on it and bet him $500 a side/$500 total.

A typical internet fake tough guy.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5

Don't forget he still had his rolex after getting "robbed."

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

[quote name='Malvern' timestamp='1421890265' post='10794285']
Kiwi2, spirited defence my antipodean brother, you kinda lost me on the Chamberlain stuff, but push on.
[/quote]

We gotta stick together other than when we take the field at Eden Park. Then it is war :-)

Chamberlain:

1: to point out why I took offence to the dingo joke.
2: to show that she was innocent despite what everyone thought was an implausible story (like Allenby) at the time.

Yes. there appear to be flaws in Allenbys recall. But if he was unconcious for a time, that is understandable. I think some of the speculation has been pretty crass.
I have no issue with people questioning his story. I have big issue with some of the ugly slurs being cast.

I believe the reasonable thing to do is to wait until the investigations have concluded and if Allenby has intentionally done wrong then people can go for it (within the bounds of respectability), if they feel inclined. In the meantime he has done nothing, in my view, to warrant the libelous personal assaults.

He is 44, successful, and living what many people would feel is a dream .Why would he put his reputation at stake by knowingly making false public statements and drawing attention to himself?

[quote name='Thrillhouse' timestamp='1421891493' post='10794413']
[quote name='bobobs' timestamp='1421891337' post='10794379']
By the way, that baby's got my Dingo !!!
[/quote]

Whoa whoa buddy, not cool, there's things we just don't joke about here in Newfoundland and that's one of them.
[/quote]

Lard tunderen jeeezes bye ! Im so sarry !!!!

[/quote]

Whoa whoa buddy, not cool, there's things we just don't joke about here in Newfoundland and that's one of them.
[/quote]

Newfoundland? Newfoundland?! Hmm... new + found + land?

Ya sure Thrill, you just made that place up.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421890115' post='10794273']
Just doesnt make sense..... The first reports were already confusing....... He stated he was drinking in Waikiki and found 6 miles outside when he was mugged and dropped off.

He confirmed he was Drinking at the Amuse Wine bar that IS NOT IN WAIKIKI......It is 6 miles outside of Waikiki LOL.....so already his story was messed up from the beginning.......

His story doesn't add up and him getting mugged in that area......highly unlikely........
[/quote]

Picking nits...Amuse is less than 2 miles from Waikiki depending on your definition but it certainly isn't 6 miles. I live down the street as well, and I've walked home from Amuse plenty of times in the dark. I don't think the area is unsafe, but it seems that there are more and more "unsavory characters" in the entire area despite being 3 blocks from $4000/month apartment buildings. I wouldn't walk in Ala Moana Beach Park 2 blocks away after sunset.
It is, however, 6 miles from Kahala. These distances, in my opinion, are 2 things a visitor might get confused especially after taking a blow to the head. I had a few football teammates that couldn't remember what day of the week it was after a hit from a linebacker.
I'm not saying the rest of Allenby's story adds up, but there are certain elements that could easily be confused.
[/quote]

Fair enough, I am sorry I probably embellished like RA did LOL...... Ala Moana beach park, they are harmless.....I know cause 1 time I had the mean $#!ts......about 11:30pm ran into Ala Moan Beach Park to take a massive dump....they sleeping in the stalls....told them sorry boys and I unloaded the kids at the pool.....They never bothered me or tried to mug me.......

Yes if you stray off the beaten path in the area there are quite a bit of homeless.....Now I am confused....did they find him at Ala Moana or Amuse, I thought they found him at the corner of Kapiolani and Piikoi not at the beach park? So were the hell did Ala Moana Beach park come into play?

*Edit*

!@#$%$ and this is the reason why the story keeps getting messed up..... ALA Moana Beach park has nothing to do with it.....news stated the homeless guy lives around the area, but Allenby was found in a planter on Kapiolani & Piikoi.....that is the building of the Amuse wine bar.....Regardless the Guy was no where, 2 miles or 6 miles, near Waikiki......considering that the whole island is 10 miles wide LOL! (embellishment).........

Seriously still not making any sense....

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

Kiwi
you say
"[color=#282828]He is 44, successful, and living what many people would feel is a dream .Why would he put his reputation at stake by knowingly making false public statements and drawing attention to himself?"[/color]

[color=#282828]This is the problem. We put these people on such a high pedestal that they have to preserve every bit of perfect morality possible. These guys say fart, and the Tour in this case is all over them. They will go to any length to protect a perfect reputation. I would rather he say " I got hammered and s*** hit the fan, ever been there?[/color]
[color="#282828"]Our response should be yeah a few times, then cut him some slack and be done with it. But noo...they have to be perceived differently.[/color]
[color="#282828"]​He has every reason to lie. Doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for him or you or me or anyone else it happens to. [/color]

[quote name='bobobs' timestamp='1421892646' post='10794559']
Kiwi
you say
"[color=#282828]He is 44, successful, and living what many people would feel is a dream .Why would he put his reputation at stake by knowingly making false public statements and drawing attention to himself?"[/color]

[color=#282828]This is the problem. We put these people on such a high pedestal that they have to preserve every bit of perfect morality possible. These guys say fart, and the Tour in this case is all over them. They will go to any length to protect a perfect reputation. I would rather he say " I got hammered and s*** hit the fan, ever been there?[/color]
[color=#282828]Our response should be yeah a few times, then cut him some slack and be done with it. But noo...they have to be perceived differently.[/color]
[color=#282828][u][i][b]​He has every reason to lie[/b][/i][/u]. Doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for him or you or me or anyone else it happens to. [/color]
[/quote]

This in no way makes the situation better.....nor is this an excuse...... part of a Gentlemen's game is to be honest and upfront......... He may have every reason to but it doesnt in any way shape or form make it right....

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1421893007' post='10794609']
[quote name='bobobs' timestamp='1421892646' post='10794559']
Kiwi
you say

[color=#282828]Our response should be yeah a few times, then cut him some slack and be done with it. But noo...they have to be perceived differently.[/color]
[color=#282828][u][i][b]​He has every reason to lie[/b][/i][/u]. Doesn't mean I don't feel sorry for him or you or me or anyone else it happens to. [/color]
[/quote]

This in no way makes the situation better.....nor is this an excuse...... part of a Gentlemen's game is to be honest and upfront......... He may have every reason to but it doesnt in any way shape or form make it right....
[/quote]

Agree 110%. Just saying if he did it because of.....its very sad. "He has every reason to lie" is a rhetorical statement.

[/quote]

[/quote]

As an Aussie I found this comment hilarious. Just sayin'

Carry on

TaylorMade Qi10 Designer Series (Black Out) 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black / Mizuno M.Craft OMOI #1
Bridgestone Tour RX

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1421892178' post='10794501']
[quote name='bmaas03' timestamp='1421890115' post='10794273']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Fair enough, I am sorry I probably embellished like RA did LOL...... Ala Moana beach park, they are harmless.....I know cause 1 time I had the mean $#!ts......about 11:30pm ran into Ala Moan Beach Park to take a massive dump....they sleeping in the stalls....told them sorry boys and I unloaded the kids at the pool.....They never bothered me or tried to mug me.......

Yes if you stray off the beaten path in the area there are quite a bit of homeless.....Now I am confused....did they find him at Ala Moana or Amuse, I thought they found him at the corner of Kapiolani and Piikoi not at the beach park? So were the hell did Ala Moana Beach park come into play?

*Edit*

!@#$%$ and this is the reason why the story keeps getting messed up..... ALA Moana Beach park has nothing to do with it.....news stated the homeless guy lives around the area, but Allenby was found in a planter on Kapiolani & Piikoi.....that is the building of the Amuse wine bar.....Regardless the Guy was no where, 2 miles or 6 miles, near Waikiki......considering that the whole island is 10 miles wide LOL! (embellishment).........

Seriously still not making any sense....
[/quote]

I brought up the beach park because it is nearby as a data point to describe the area and the homeless problem that Honolulu has. I'm not saying all homeless are violent, but I'm not going to make a point of hanging out with meth addicts if I don't have to.
Digressing more...The beach park It isn't much farther than the Ala Moana Mall that you brought up, nor the 5 shady strip clubs within a 5 block radius.
You sort of made my point, though. Waikiki is a 20 minute walk from the wine bar. You might have flippantly said Amuse is 6 miles from Waikiki, but you live here. I hear visitors say that they're in Waikiki as soon as they get off the boat at Aloha Tower - 6 miles away. My point - the distance discrepancy isn't enough to call a visitor's story on the island with a head injury a messed up story in my opinion (whether self inflicted or not).