SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

> @flushem said:

> Just game 18 holes with Yellow X.

> Yellow is so visible. I love it. But as anticipated, X is not for me. I will stick to black. Yellow Black.

Why is it not for you? Feel? Something else?

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

> @trackcoach13 said:

> > @flushem said:

> > Just game 18 holes with Yellow X.

> > Yellow is so visible. I love it. But as anticipated, X is not for me. I will stick to black. Yellow Black.

>

> Why is it not for you? Feel? Something else?

Distance: shorter than Black. From Driver to Wedge. 10 yds shorter from long irons to wedges

Spin: this is where X shines. Balls bounced once or twice and checked in mid irons. Knowing extra spin, i went aggressive after flags with wedge around green.

Feel: bit clicky but not overwhelming.

Trajectory: almost the same as Black

I will have to adjust my game and distance a bit to fit into X. And now I am used to softer feel of Black.

Just putting with X, Black and Red....I still prefer the feel of the Red off my putterface, but black is appealing as well. I'd say a tie between these 2 with the feel of the X in third. Just more clicky than I prefer. Played a few holes with the X, not enough to give a good summary yet, but it was just fine. More testing using driver, long irons to come but I think my preference at the moment will be between Red/Black. I do prefer a softer feel ball though - your mileage may vary.

Driver (9.0) - Cobra LTDx Aldila Rogue Silver 70 S, 44.5"
Wood (14.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S

Wood (17.5) - Ping G425 MAX Alta CB 65 Slate S
Driving Iron (20) - Srixon U65 Project X 5.5
Irons (5-6) - Srixon Z565 Project X 5.5
Irons (7-P) - Srixon Z765 Project X 5.5
Wedges - Vokey SM-7 Jet Black / 50.08 F / 54.08 M / 58.08 M DG S300
Putter - Edel E-1
Ball - Titleist Prov1x
ZGrip Midsized Grips

Got my dozen a few days ago! I was able to put it in play on Saturday. I also had an original 4pc KSIG, an MTB Black and a Prov1x.

Thanks Dean! it was a great afternoon when I saw the box on the doorstep!

I played all 3 and I'm a convert! Same positive results as reported above! Finally a ball that gives me EVERYTHING I wanted. The wait was 100% worth it!

It was 8-10 yards longer for me off the tee than the MTB Black & ProV1x. The original KSIG is always going to hold a special place in my heart though. I'll save the last sleeve to put in the golf room next to some of the other best balls in golf...

I love the feel, better than the MTB Black. Original ProV's always felt great in my hand. the "X" is very close. Now that Dean finally addressed the spin issues many of us wanted, this ball ranks right up there....

Try it...you'll love it!

fe9h2g78iesm.jpg

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

So the new yellow is better? What’s the closest comparison to another yellow ball?

To this day, the original Srixon Z Star (pre spin skin) was my favorite. Almost tennis ball yellow/green

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

> @Minarets said:

> So the new yellow is better? What’s the closest comparison to another yellow ball?

>

>

> To this day, the original Srixon Z Star (pre spin skin) was my favorite. Almost tennis ball yellow/green

Definitely brighter than z star which has somewhat transparent looking yellow. Snell MTB yellow is deep & solid lime yellow with shiny finish.

> @Clifford said:

> which ball would be better for 100-105 mph swingspeed? Need more height for my drives as well. I guessing the MTB-X.

they are both similar off driver for me, maybe the mtb black being a little longer off the tee. the key for me in choosing which ball was the feel, i like the softer feel of the ball.

Just played the MTB-X at Winter Park 9..

Holy Crap this thing is LOONNGGG:

Consistently 10 yards further than where I usually am off the tee.. Im a higher spin player but off the driver the ball flight was penetrating and powerful.

Short Irons and Wedges, the spin was extremely dialed in, the shots never ballooned or over spun. A nice hop and check.

Long Irons, cut through the wind.. on Number 4 (500 Yard Par 5) I had Driver / 6 Iron in to the wind.. Ball hit Pin high and stopped, knocked in 10 foot eagle putt.

Off the putter it’s slightly clicky but if you’ve used the Z Star XV it will be comparable, maybe a little softer.

Overall:

Driver - Seemingly High Ball Speed / Low Spin

Irons - Managed Spin / longer Distance Retain Stopping Power.

Short Irons Wedges - Hop and Stop / Firm yer not harsh feel.

Chips - Ball Spins like a tour ball

Putter - Soft with a slight click

Verdict - My New Gamer converting from AVX

Created an account just so I could post a thanks for the quick shipping by Snell! Got my sample pack Thursday and got out on an executive course Friday. My thoughts are pretty to similar to other feedback:

Concentrated on 100 – 150 yd shots. Blacks were consistently longer. X would hit the middle of the green and blacks the back.

Black feels softer off the iron.

Minnesota greens are soft and in poor shape at the moment so I can’t really comment on spin and putter feel yet.

I usually play B RXS and been playing around with the ksig 3piece.

For several years I've been playing Callaway Chrome+ and Srixon XV's. Wanted to try the Snell ball after hearing all the good reviews. I purchased 2 dozen of the Blacks and fell in love with this ball, and i then ordered the value pack of 6 dozen. I pre-ordered the X and got to put it into play today. All i can say is WOW!!! This ball is LONG, LONG, LONG. For me this ball is 1/2 club or more longer than my blacks. Off the driver, this ball is LONG just in case i forgot to mention it. Out drove my 3 Titleist partners all day long (not bad for a slightly average play that plays once a week), compared to their 4-6 times per week. Irons was one hop and stop or one hop and 3-4 feet roll out, depending on angle into the green. I like a firm ball, and this ball is firm, but not like hitting a rock. Its more like being able to feel the ball on the face of the club, without being hard. Im 1,000% converted to the new X after i finish up my blacks, Chrome+ and XV's.

Thanks Dean for an AWESOME ball for a average player at a great price!!!!!

Got out for nine and busted out my yellow black/X test pack.

They feel SO different putting. Which makes sense I guess but I was surprised that the biggest difference between the two that I felt was with the putter. Forgive my lack of modesty but I’m a pretty good putter and how a ball feels off the putter really matters to me. I felt like I had better distance control with the X but I think hitting them back to back didn’t help matters because they’re so different. I need a few practice green sessions hitting just one of them I think - also the greens were recovering from aeration so...

I liked both a lot but the differences off every other club we’re much less bothersome than the difference off the putter. After reading reviews I went in thinking that I’d like the black more (even though I played the Red last year) - and I think now that the black is probably the “better” ball...but I’m just not sure I liked it more. The black feels like it leaps off the clubface - which sounds great but for some reason I’m not sure I like it - like the ball is too energetic somehow if that makes sense.

I think, because I’ve literally changed my entire bag except my putter and 4 wood and I was playing the Red last year, I’m more comfortable with the X.

It’s kind of stupid in some ways. Like I think I’ll be happy with either because they’re both great. If someone gave me 3 dozen of either I would happily play them. I’m probably gonna go with the X for now but I’m sure I’ll play nine with just the black to see what happens. Scoring is the most important.

> @iutodd said:

> Got out for nine and busted out my yellow black/X test pack.

>

> They feel SO different putting. Which makes sense I guess but I was surprised that the biggest difference between the two that I felt was with the putter. Forgive my lack of modesty but I’m a pretty good putter and how a ball feels off the putter really matters to me. I felt like I had better distance control with the X but I think hitting them back to back didn’t help matters because they’re so different. I need a few practice green sessions hitting just one of them I think - also the greens were recovering from aeration so...

>

> I liked both a lot but the differences off every other club we’re much less bothersome than the difference off the putter. After reading reviews I went in thinking that I’d like the black more (even though I played the Red last year) - and I think now that the black is probably the “better” ball...but I’m just not sure I liked it more. The black feels like it leaps off the clubface - which sounds great but for some reason I’m not sure I like it - like the ball is too energetic somehow if that makes sense.

>

> I think, because I’ve literally changed my entire bag except my putter and 4 wood and I was playing the Red last year, I’m more comfortable with the X.

>

> It’s kind of stupid in some ways. Like I think I’ll be happy with either because they’re both great. If someone gave me 3 dozen of either I would happily play them. I’m probably gonna go with the X for now but I’m sure I’ll play nine with just the black to see what happens. Scoring is the most important.

Although I prefer Black overall, I agree with the feel of X off putter; More responsive and direct with subtle click than softer Black

Anybody played the X in strong winds yet? I loved MTB Red off the putter, and that yellow was my favorite yellow. However, it rode the wind like a ping pong ball. The X is supposed to specifically address wind performance. Wondering if anybody has any feedback in strong winds yet?

TaylorMade M5 / Callaway Mavrik 3W / Maltby KE4 FDI 19 / Callaway Mavrik Pro 3H / Maltby TS1 4-GW / Callaway MD2 56 / Odyssey Double Wide / Titleist Pro V1

> @c50sooner said:

> Anybody played the X in strong winds yet? I loved MTB Red off the putter, and that yellow was my favorite yellow. However, it rode the wind like a ping pong ball. The X is supposed to specifically address wind performance. Wondering if anybody has any feedback in strong winds yet?

My very preliminary first impression was it cuts the wind very well with irons but wasn't as good as the black into the wind with driver, which surprised me since the spin should be identical with driver. The X seemed to get up more into the wind with driver.

I'm going to play front nine/back nine today between black and X and see if that holds true. I like the feel of both, but they are definitely different. Black is soft and X is "heavy" (in a good way), but not clicky. I could easily play either ball full time. Irons and wedges with the X are perfect.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

So if you order Black in yellow i assume they all should be the newer yellow?

I’ve read good comments about this years yellow.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

> @flushem said:

> Just came back from a round. I could not lose it in thick stuff. Didnt lose a single ball at Pechanga. So proud of myself.........

How did they play today?

Driver: Cobra F9 with HZRDUS SMOKE Stiff
3W: Titleist 917F2 w/Fujikura Speeder Pro Tour Spec 84 Stiff
2I: Srixon Z U65 18 Degree w/Miyazaki Kaula 7s
Irons: Mizuno MP-54 3-PW DG S300 
Wedge: Vokey TVD 56 K-Grind
Wedge: Vokey SM6 60-12 K-Grind 
Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Got my MTB-X last week and used them this weekend. Played well over 150 rounds with MTB (white) last year and another 50 this year. They do everything the PRO-V1 (x) do but at half the price. Got the MTB- Reds and had the same issues that Snell described in why they are obsolete and redesigned. Floated in the wind, no penetration at all. Spun ok on green approach shots but couldn't control in Wind at all. New MTB-x are much lower flight characteristics and penetrate wind really wind. havent played enough with them to test distance enough and stopping power on Greens but seem to have adequate spin on greens. MTB has much better stopping power for me on greens that Titleist, including AVX which being in florida we got to test extensively. Not worth the money in my opinion. Over the next two weeks, I'll have a chance for 6-15 rounds with the MTB-x and see how it works. Got it in Yellow to see if I can actually see it better on the fairways than the white MTB. ALways can tell MTB has it's a different whiteness from others. Spent some time testing Chrome X and Supersoft and both were seriously shorter off the tee (about 20+ yards) and no where as good for me to stop on greens. i don't spin it back but the snell and titleist pro-v's all hit and 1 hop to stop. Bridgestones, and callaways and TP's all take several hops including some extensive rolling after hitting.

Until I've tested the X enough, my gamer is the MTB for sure. Buy it in the 5-6 packs and store them in garage. ALways picking up sleeve to dozen of various new balls to test them against MTBs but so far nothing performs close. Distance off tee for the most part are close (actually TP5x is the longest) but from 80 in, the snell and titleist are by far the best by far. And since that's where i pick up lots of strokes, i'm not switching.

• Like 2

Another round in and more anecdotes that can't be proven: These play into the wind very well to the point of being shockingly long, especially with irons. I had several fall out of the air short playing straight downwind. Both of these characteristics suggest less spin than the MTB Black rather than more. This will take a lot more testing to confirm. I'm still in "first impression" phase. They spin and check great on short shots and hold greens predictably on full approaches, not unlike the MTB and MTB Black. Maybe a bit more check on mid-length pitches. The yellow looks fantastic. If current experiences continue I'll probably go back to MTB Black but get them in the new yellow.

On a side note, almost had my first ace when I spun a 9-iron back to 18" that burned the edge on the way by.

Titleist TSi3 9* B2T2 Tensei AV Raw White / Cobra SZ Tour 3W Tensei AV Blue 15* / Cobra F6 Baffler Matrix Red Tie 18.5* / Maltby KE4 TC 22* / Maltby TS1 IM 5-GW Nippon Modus 120x / Taylormade Hi-Toe 54*/60* / Cobra Supernova

> @Minarets said:

> So if you order Black in yellow i assume they all should be the newer yellow?

>

> I’ve read good comments about this years yellow.

The MTB Black was not available in yellow until this year, so yes. It is a great yellow.

• Like 1
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

I received my MTB-X a week ago and i will say I was surprised. For me MTB Black was longer off the tee but not long enough where I would say the X didnt hold its own. Where I saw the difference was with my mid to short irons. Love the feel off the club face and the spin characteristics are different between the two. I am a high spin player and found that even though the X spun more I was still able to get the ball to stop where I needed to on the green.

I have also hit both balls on my LM and it confirms that the black was about 8 yds on average longer than the X and i did spin the X more with my irons. No ballooning or crazy shots with either ball. i will game the X on courses with hard and firm greens and the Black on courses with soft greens. All in all great balls and I am looking forward to giving the yellow versions of each a go.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013