SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

I know almost all the balls are the same off the tee now, but the MTB does spin a few hundred rpm more than some balls. If you were to make changes, would that be one of the areas you would change? And would it be possible to keep everything else the same about the ball, but lower the driver spin?

Yes.. it is possible to continue to lower the spin on the driver... this also allows for slightly higher lofted drivers for a lot of people, which is one way to add some distance to your drive... for higher spinning players, having a lower driver spin ball is also a better option... so we have been working with some protos in this area as well.. have some really good core technology that allows us to drive spin down, but not lose anything in ball speed.. win win...

That sounds great Dean! I'll be watching.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,23.5,28.5 Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Redwood Anser

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Played a full round with the Get Sum today, another gusty day here in Oklahoma. Ball performed really great, actulally spun a couple 120 yd PWs back (of course once when I didn't need to). It also checked up really well on some short finesse chips and flops. Played a Supersoft yesterday and although I used to like playing that ball, it just doesn't perform as good as either Snell for me.

I had a good ball striking day and saw at least as much distance as prior rounds with the MTB.

As I said before, I'm a Snell man!

Randy

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

Just picked up 3 dozen MTB's from a fellow WRX member, and I'm impressed. Great distance, good spin. I'll be buying more after my supply runs out.

Ping G430 10K 9* w/ Helium R
Ping G430 3W w/ Helium R
Ping G430 5W w/ Paderson R
Ping G430 3 hybrid w/ Paderson S
Ping G430 4 hybrid w/Paderson R
Ping G430 5 hybrid w/ Paderson R
Ping G430 7-P, Paderson R shafts

Cleveland CBX2 Zip Core 50* 54* 58*
Scotty Golo s5
TaylorMade SpeedSoft Ink Blue\Green

Any logical reason why it seems I'm a bit longer with the MTB than with the Get Sum?

I'm not 100% sure of this but it has seemed that way the past couple of rounds.....

I've been playing Callaway Supersofts (before that the Chrome Soft) as I am longer & straighter with the SS (vs the Chrome Soft). So far I'm not seeing that I'm noticeabley longer/straighter with the Get Sum vs the MTB....

Regardless, the Snells are my new balls of choice!

Randy

Just a guess here, but the Get Sum is probably better for us guys that produce side spin. I really like the Get Sum ball for my game.

I'm a senior with a swing speed of about 85 mph. Can anyone who has been using the Snell Get Sum 2 piece ball weigh in on their thoughts about this ball. I'm too lazy to go through 50+ pages.

I typically play a 3 piece ball and was wondering what I'll lose if I go to a 2 piece ball?

Rich ~

I'm a senior with a swing speed of about 85 mph. Can anyone who has been using the Snell Get Sum 2 piece ball weigh in on their thoughts about this ball. I'm too lazy to go through 50+ pages.

I typically play a 3 piece ball and was wondering what I'll lose if I go to a 2 piece ball?

Rich ~

I went from the Nike RZN ball and really like the Get Sum ball. I've gained distance, probably b/c the ball flies straighter, and really haven't noticed a difference around the greens. Plus, you won't have to mark balls. Buy a box and you won't regret it.

I just got done reading Dean's Q & A on his website and he pretty answers all my questions. I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the "Get Sum" Holiday Pack.

I was literally going to type "Dean Snell explains that on his web site" when I noticed your own reply to that effect. Wish I'd have been two minutes earlier then I'd be such a clever fellow!

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

I just got done reading Dean's Q & A on his website and he pretty answers all my questions. I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the "Get Sum" Holiday Pack.

You only get 4 dozen balls for $85 bucks with the holiday pack (you get a t shirt and a hat if that's important, i guess) whereas you get 6 doz with the value pack for the same price.

Played a full round with the Get Sum today, another gusty day here in Oklahoma. Ball performed really great, actulally spun a couple 120 yd PWs back (of course once when I didn't need to��). It also checked up really well on some short finesse chips and flops. Played a Supersoft yesterday and although I used to like playing that ball, it just doesn't perform as good as either Snell for me.

I had a good ball striking day and saw at least as much distance as prior rounds with the MTB.

As I said before, I'm a Snell man!

Randy

Which one are you planning on playing?

What is your swing speed? (curious)

Ob18,

I'm around 95 mph. Another nice round with the Get Sum today. I will definitely play the Get Sum through the cold weather months and then revisit using the MTB once spring/warm weather is here to stay again.

Besides liking the performance of the Get Sum, I like the thought of using the cheaper ball now with all the leaves on the ground making it difficult to spot a ball a few feet of the fairw!

Golf Pride Microsuede

Ob18,

I'm around 95 mph. Another nice round with the Get Sum today. I will definitely play the Get Sum through the cold weather months and then revisit using the MTB once spring/warm weather is here to stay again.

Besides liking the performance of the Get Sum, I like the thought of using the cheaper ball now with all the leaves on the ground making it difficult to spot a ball a few feet of the fairw!

I don't play too often when it goes below 50 was considering the get sum (and will probably play it some on Saturday) but just picked up a nice haul of e6's (2015 version)

I haven't ever been able to get the E6 to stop/spin adequately but it's been a while since I tried them--maybe a pre 2015 version.

I haven't tried the new Srixon 'soft' ball; I thought the Q Star was pretty good but I like the feel of both Snells much better.

Golf Pride Microsuede

I haven't ever been able to get the E6 to stop/spin adequately but it's been a while since I tried them--maybe a pre 2015 version.

I haven't tried the new Srixon 'soft' ball; I thought the Q Star was pretty good but I like the feel of both Snells much better.

I don't bother to try & spin it, I always try to play for some roll out (of course sometimes I'll get spin)...........I've settled into the e6 but always seem to keep some kind of search going.

If you can get an e6 to spin your initials might be PM or BW. Or maybe one of those trick shot Bryan Bros.

The ball is specifically designed NOT to spin and is advertised as such. Up in my limited time using it, oh boy does it deliver.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

One of my older (77) playing partners with a really steep swing actually gets the E6 to check up nicely, but I can't do it.

Golf Pride Microsuede

I have had several private requests to do something like I did on facebook the other night with the live stream Q&A, but here in the wrx forum... Evidently a lot of people do not use facebook, so some of you guys are much more tech savy with this stuff that I am, so are there any options to have something similar for the WRX followers where facebook account is not needed? open to suggestions to help continue the education of golf ball technology.. if you dont want to post here, please send me a message with ideas and we can take a look at them...

I am sure some already asked for this. Yellow MTB. I have been big fan of Srixon Z star yellow. Very visible in the air and so much easier to find.

I have had several private requests to do something like I did on facebook the other night with the live stream Q&A, but here in the wrx forum... Evidently a lot of people do not use facebook, so some of you guys are much more tech savy with this stuff that I am, so are there any options to have something similar for the WRX followers where facebook account is not needed? open to suggestions to help continue the education of golf ball technology.. if you dont want to post here, please send me a message with ideas and we can take a look at them...

I am sure some already asked for this. Yellow MTB. I have been big fan of Srixon Z star yellow. Very visible in the air and so much easier to find.

Been covered a bunch, not happening. I think Dean said the Get Sum might come in yellow someday.

Been covered a bunch, not happening. I think Dean said the Get Sum might come in yellow someday.

Get Sum does come in yellow. MTB doesn't .

Get Sum does come in yellow. MTB doesn't .

Some day, beyond the sea.... some day

Get Sum does come in Yellow today.. and never say never on yellow MTB... let it develop...

I've been playing Snell MTB since April of 2015. It's the only ball I play the last 2 seasons. It's a very consistent ball.

Plus when you get 6 dozen for Christmas that helps too. This Christmas I'll have the wife get me the holiday pack.

Since I have both the white and the black Snell hat I'll have to see if Dean will swap the white hat in the holiday pack for the camo hat.

I've been playing Snell MTB since April of 2015. It's the only ball I play the last 2 seasons. It's a very consistent ball.

Plus when you get 6 dozen for Christmas that helps too. This Christmas I'll have the wife get me the holiday pack.

Since I have both the white and the black Snell hat I'll have to see if Dean will swap the white hat in the holiday pack for the camo hat.

Hi.. if you write a note in the NOTE section of the order to please replace with camo hat, I will take a look when the order comes in and see if we have enough camo hats.. if we do, I will certainly do that for you.

thanks

dean

Get Sum does come in Yellow today.. and never say never on yellow MTB... let it develop...

Anyways, I will be so stoked to see yello MTB in production.

At last round, I picked up a "stray" matte pink Volvik Vivid ball. Though the color was not my choice at all, the ball was amazingly visible. It was so easy to spot it from tee to air to fairway/rough.