SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Dean will you be running any other holiday deals

Yes... we will be doing 10% OFF for 1 to 5 dozen balls. FREE SHIPPING in the US... the value pack for 6 doz will remain at $26.33 per doz (157.99) which is over 17% OFF... thank you and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone...

enter Holidays16 for promo code to get the discount at checkout... thanks...

I've done some scanning of this thread, but haven't found a solid answer. Is the MTB comprablw to a ProV1, ProV1x, or maybe a mix of the two? Thanks.

I'm curious also as to Snell MTB and Prov1X comparisons with regard to off driver, irons, wedges, putter, spin, feel, etc. I would like to hear from decent ball strikers who are able to take advantage of higher spin balls and who are used to playing the Prov1x. I don't care about graphiics. I don't want the findings to be relative to cost. That is, I want to know which is the better performing ball period, not the better performing ball for the money. Without having tried the MTB yet, I just can't imagine it performing as well as the Prov1x. Lets hear it from some good ball strikers who want the best ball no matter the cost. Thanks

I've done some scanning of this thread, but haven't found a solid answer. Is the MTB comprablw to a ProV1, ProV1x, or maybe a mix of the two? Thanks.

I'm curious also as to Snell MTB and Prov1X comparisons with regard to off driver, irons, wedges, putter, spin, feel, etc. I would like to hear from low handicappers who are used to playing the Prov1x. I don't care about graphiics. I don't want the findings to be relative to cost. That is, I want to know which is the better performing ball period, not the better performing ball for the money. Without having tried the MTB yet, I just can't imagine it performing as well as the Prov1x. Lets hear it from some good ball strikers who want the best ball no matter the cost.

I think it's comparable in limited testing so ordered some. It's getting cold so I'm not sure I'll get a round in where I play two balls from each spot until the spring. Distance is comparable, maybe slightly less spin, feels softer without being too soft off the driver or putter. I currrently only play the V1x.

Ping/Epon/Scratch/Bettinardi WITB Link

I'm curious also as to Snell MTB and Prov1X comparisons with regard to off driver, irons, wedges, putter, spin, feel, etc. I would like to hear from low handicappers who are used to playing the Prov1x. I don't care about graphiics. I don't want the findings to be relative to cost. That is, I want to know which is the better performing ball period, not the better performing ball for the money. Without having tried the MTB yet, I just can't imagine it performing as well as the Prov1x. Lets hear it from some good ball strikers who want the best ball no matter the cost.

Since I've played both the ProV1X and the MTB both extensively, I'd give you my opinion but you only want low handicappers so I'll hold off. What the hell, I'll give you my opinion anyway. Distance is a wash. The MTB ball spins like crazy off all my iron shots but I still get good roll out off the driver. The MTB's spin a lot more off irons and wedges than the X's do. Feels is softer than the X. Control around the greens with wedges is second to none with the Snell. The feel and control on the greens off the putter is where the MTB shines in my opinion. Regardless of the fact the the Snell's over $20 a dozen cheaper I'd play them over the ProV1X or ProV1 any day even if they were the same price.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Since I've played both the ProV1X and the MTB both extensively, I'd give you my opinion but you only want low handicappers so I'll hold off. What the hell, I'll give you my opinion anyway. Distance is a wash. The MTB ball spins like crazy off all my iron shots but I still get good roll out off the driver. The MTB's spin a lot more off irons and wedges than the X's do. Feels is softer than the X. Control around the greens with wedges is second to none with the Snell. The feel and control on the greens off the putter is where the MTB shines in my opinion. Regardless of the fact the the Snell's over $20 a dozen cheaper I'd play them over the ProV1X or ProV1 any day even if they were the same price.

Thanks for pointing out the unreasonableness of my parameters. I edited my post to use "decent ball strikers" instead of low handicappers. I would like to hear your findings. Thanks.

Although I have not yet tried the Snell MTB, I have read reviews of it that are all over the place. Some say it is 15 yards shorter than a ProV1x off the tee, others say longer, some say higher spin, some lower etc. One of my playing partners played one recently and I didn't see any distance loss with him in fact I would say he gained distance with what looked to be a more penetrating shot off tee and with irons with good check with the irons. He is a different player than me, however. For example, he can hit a Chrome soft very well but I balloon the hell out of it and back it up with my short irons way too much.

Since various posts can range from recent to over a year old or more, I wonder how many changes the MTB has gone through since its inception. For example, the ProV/ProV1x comes out with a new improved version every year and usually results in a softer feel.

Thanks for pointing out the unreasonableness of my parameters. I edited my post to use "decent ball strikers" instead of low handicappers. I would like to hear your findings. Thanks.

Finally put these in play last weekend. I have played the Pro V1X for years, so that is my only point of comparison. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to extensively compare side-by-side, but here are my takeaways from the Snell.

Context: 45-55* day in the northeast with a frost delay in the AM (read: cold)

Game: Scratch golfer; around 105-110 swing speed driver; worth noting that I impart quite a lot of spin on my irons (lifelong hang-back-and-flip technique that I can't shake)

Long game: little-to-no discernable difference in distance vs pro v1x

Mid game: little-to-no discernable difference in distance vs pro v1x; if anything, appeared to fly a tad lower which makes me think it may spin less

Wedge game: huge difference here; the Snell was flying ~10 yards longer for me with my 55* thru PW. I have many faults in my game, but gunning SW over the green is definitely not one of them. I typically hit a SW ~105 (55* loft for me), and these were flying closer to 115 pretty consistently. Same issue w/ gap wedge (50*) - I typically hit it around 115 and these were going 125, even in the cold.

Feel: I think pretty comparable; felt solid chipping, but it was a bit moist and cold so everything off the putter felt clicky.

It was really hard to judge spin because of the conditions - too cold/damp for anything to really grab. But, given what I saw with wedge play, and given that I have a tendency to flip-spin my irons, my sense is that these spin less off the wedge than Pro V1Xs

TM M1 9.5* Kuro Kage XT70 X
TM M2 Deep 16.7* Kuro Kage XT80 X
PXG 0317 19* Kuro Kage 80HY TX
Mizuno MP64 4-PW C-Taper S
Vokey SM5 50-55-60 C-Taper S
Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Finally put these in play last weekend. I have played the Pro V1X for years, so that is my only point of comparison. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to extensively compare side-by-side, but here are my takeaways from the Snell.

Context: 45-55* day in the northeast with a frost delay in the AM (read: cold)

Game: Scratch golfer; around 105-110 swing speed driver; worth noting that I impart quite a lot of spin on my irons (lifelong hang-back-and-flip technique that I can't shake)

Long game: little-to-no discernable difference in distance vs pro v1x

Mid game: little-to-no discernable difference in distance vs pro v1x; if anything, appeared to fly a tad lower which makes me think it may spin less

Wedge game: huge difference here; the Snell was flying ~10 yards longer for me with my 55* thru PW. I have many faults in my game, but gunning SW over the green is definitely not one of them. I typically hit a SW ~105 (55* loft for me), and these were flying closer to 115 pretty consistently. Same issue w/ gap wedge (50*) - I typically hit it around 115 and these were going 125, even in the cold.

Feel: I think pretty comparable; felt solid chipping, but it was a bit moist and cold so everything off the putter felt clicky.

It was really hard to judge spin because of the conditions - too cold/damp for anything to really grab. But, given what I saw with wedge play, and given that I have a tendency to flip-spin my irons, my sense is that these spin less off the wedge than Pro V1Xs

I've found the MTB's to spin even more off wedges than the ProV1's which spin more than the X's. That's why it's so hard to tell someone what to expect with any credibility. Everyone has different results.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

PM me your address. I'll send you a sleeve. I know you're a big fan of the B330 and TPx. I'm a big fan of the TPx and like everything about the B330 but it just doesn't grab on those shots from just off the green like I want it to. The TPx does a better job than the B330, but the MTB is "grabbier" than any of the other tour balls (prov1/1x included). I feel you can get aggressive with it and it also helps for those times you catch it a little thin --- that sucker still pulls the E-brake!

In my opinion none of the tour balls are significantly shorter off the tee than the others; so that's a wash for me.

If I was in a longest drive competition I'd tee up a '16 B330 or a '16 RZN Tour Black as I feel they're a touch longer than the rest (given my ss ~115). But for scoring I really feel the MTB is a touch above the rest.

I shoot 77-82 depending on how my back is feeling and that space between my ears.

I've found the same thing, MTB has lots of short game spin. And yet it's just as long as anything else in terms of distance. In fact I think it's even a touch longer in my long/mid irons.

If there's going to be a 2.0, the only feedback I have is dialing down the shortgame spin just a wee touch.

My thoughts exactly. I love everything about the ball, except the spin with scoring irons. Normally I'm a mid-spin type player with those irons, and anything below a 6i, I was ripping them back off the green. It's fun the first couple times, then you realize what would be a <10' putt, is now a chip or bump and run.

I've found the same thing, MTB has lots of short game spin. And yet it's just as long as anything else in terms of distance. In fact I think it's even a touch longer in my long/mid irons.

If there's going to be a 2.0, the only feedback I have is dialing down the shortgame spin just a wee touch.

My thoughts exactly. I love everything about the ball, except the spin with scoring irons. Normally I'm a mid-spin type player with those irons, and anything below a 6i, I was ripping them back off the green. It's fun the first couple times, then you realize what would be a <10' putt, is now a chip or bump and run.

thanks, and love the feedback... certainly helps in developing new protos...

Couldnt agree more. Great ball im a high spin player. Great off the driver but a little too much juice around the greens. Need a MTBx

Received my 6 dozen value pack, so I'm set through at least late spring

PXG Gen2 0811XF LIN-Q Purple stiff

Mizuno STX 5W Fujikura Motore F3 70 stiff

Ping G425 4H Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 reg

PXG Gen 3 P 5-AW Accra i80 stiff

PXG  Forged 55* Accra i80 stiff

Cleveland CBX 2 Full Face 60* * 64*

PXG One & Done P2 Reflex Tour grip

Golf Pride Microsuede

Being playing the Snell My Tour Ball since April. 2 holes in 1's later I play nothing else. Super ball, great feel with putting (feels like a pro V1x), spins a little more with the wedges but it's marginal really. Feels great off the irons and woods. With a blind fold test I don't think I could tell the difference between it and the proV1. With prov1's retailing at €60 in Ireland it's a steal.

I am and will for a long time be a Snell golfer. But I found a Kirkland at the edge of the lake the other day when one of my soldiers went for a swim.

The next hole I decided to give it a go and pass it around to my playing partners.

Off the driver it was clicky, but long enough. I hit a seven iron square, at least I thought so anyway. 25 years short. It was uphill and a blind landing so we all thought I was going to be within 10 feet. Nope, super short. Again a bit clicky off the putter.

My partners thought it felt like a Pro-V. Which is their ball of choice. Suckers! (They won't play one of my snells).

I went directly back to my MTB and shan't go near anything else anytime soon.

Mizuno MX-500 10.5* driver<br />Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 13 Degree 3 Wood(as mini-driver)<br />Titleist 910f 16.5* 3 Wood,<br />Titleist 714 CB 3-pw,<br />Scratch 50*DD wedge,<br />Cleveland 588 raw 56* wedge,<br />Odyssey #9 White Hot,<br />Snell My Tour Ball,<br />True Linkswear shoes(da bomb!)<br /><br />TAKE DEAD AIM - Harvey Penick

Dan Shea <[email protected]>

Dec 4 (1 day ago)

cleardot.gif

to me

cleardot.gif

Hi DeltaPapaTango,

You are our November winner of a Snell Test Pack, 6 My Tour Balls and 6 Get Sum!

Please forward your full address and we'll get them out to you.

Congratulations!

Dan Shea - eCommerce Infrastructure

Snell Golf Canada

[email protected]

Thank you Snell guys and gals so much!

Yes... we will be doing 10% OFF for 1 to 5 dozen balls. FREE SHIPPING in the US... the value pack for 6 doz will remain at $26.33 per doz (157.99) which is over 17% OFF... thank you and HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone...

Hello Dean, does the code work in Canada?

Hello Dean, does the code work in Canada?

Hi

No, only the US.. Snellgolf Canada runs their own speical promos from time to time, due to the cost differences and exchange rates.. easier that way...

I just received my order from Snell and enclosed Dean had written "have a happy holiday season" on the invoice. Pretty classy IMO for the owner of the business to take the time to do this for a 2 dozen order. Thank you Dean and right back at you! :good:

Nice touch...try getting Wally Uihlein do the same thing when you buy your next dozen of Pro V1s at Dick's.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

I just received my order from Snell and enclosed Dean had written "have a happy holiday season" on the invoice. Pretty classy IMO for the owner of the business to take the time to do this for a 2 dozen order. Thank you Dean and right back at you! :good:

Thank you.. I truly appreciate every order and glad we can deliver high performance at affordable pricing. I have had several personal and company emails sent in regarding the Kirkland golf ball. As mentioned in earlier threads, I do not like to comment on other companies golf balls. We have been asked to lower the price to match their pricing.

Here is my quick, 30 second note on this...

Kirkland is selling a ball for $30 for two doz.. my understanding is that you have to have a Costco membership, that is $55 a year... and the free shipping part of it is over...

So some quick math:

2 dozen balls at $30.. membership at $55... shipping maybe around 10... so $95 for two dozen first order... $85 for two doz if shipping free... and $40 for 2 doz if already a member ..

So, it you buy 6 dozen... thats $90 for six doz.. $55 for membership, and say $10 for shipping... thats $155 for 6 doz (maybe a years worth of balls)...

we will continue to offer our value packs (6 doz) at $157.99 with no membership charges, and free shipping in the US..I will continue to support GolfWRX members in forum threads with any technical questions we can answer, will continue to do various educational things like FB live to answer your questions, and we will continue to develop new innovations and improvements to the golf balls and launch new products when they are ready. And we also have inventory, where we sell golf balls 30 out 30 days a month, not 6 hours out of 30 days.. haha... I stand strong to bring the best materials, processes, performance and affordability, shipped free to your doorstep, and I truly appreciate all the support and orders from everyone hear on this post... Happy Holidays to everyone and we look forward to an exciting 2017 year...

Obviously your math is correct if you only acquire a membership for the purposes of buying the KSig balls but it's not likely that's the case. The average shopper spends $136/trip at Costco which is significantly higher than any grocery store or competitor like Walmart. I also have no ties to them in any regard but appreciate their approach.

Just bought the testing pack to give to my dad for Christmas. Interested to hear his review.

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400