2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

We do have some interesting things coming in 2017....and I agree, I think it simplifies the confusion to keep just two types of balls, a low compression, soft feel ball, and tour performance type ball... question is, do we need to have two versions of the tour type ball.. research in the works... stay tuned...

Any plans to have a yellow MTB?

It's like Groundhog Day around here...

???

We do have some interesting things coming in 2017....and I agree, I think it simplifies the confusion to keep just two types of balls, a low compression, soft feel ball, and tour performance type ball... question is, do we need to have two versions of the tour type ball.. research in the works... stay tuned...

Any plans to have a yellow MTB?

It's like Groundhog Day around here...

???

Question has been asked about 100 times already. The answer is no

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black

Mr. Snell, I am about to order Testing Pack. Is it possible to get Optic-Yellow Get Some instead of white ones?

Sure. In the NOTES section of the order page type in yellow get sum please and we will use yellow when we pack your order. Happy Holidays and thanks for the order.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year. More orders to come.

I had several phone calls and emails this past week asking about comments on the interviews done last week with breed and Haney. I will try offer alittle info here, keeping in mind the respect to manufacturers and their own techniques. There seemed to be a few comments on quality and quality control on some balls versus others. These comments seemed to be aimed at smaller companies and mainly Kirkland on the balls they buy off the shelf. I cannot speak for Kirkland, but I can speak for Snell Golf. We have quality control systems in place at every step of the process. Core batches are inspected for weight, compression, size, and speed. If acceptable they are released. Mantle layers are then inspected for thickness, size, compression and speed. Again with tight specs that must be met. Same with the cover. Material blends, hardness, weight, size, compression and speed. Then several checks on paint weight, coverage, cure. And finally finished balls are completely tested to release batches to be shipped. We also do our own sample inspection of finished balls to ensure all specs are met. And we deliver tight specs to the plant to make sure balls are made with consistency and performance that does not change from ball to ball. I know large companies also do these inspections plus more to ensure balls are made to specs. So I think the questions being raised on quality were targeted towards these concerns. I am not sure what Kirkland does, what specs they have developed, or what in house inspections they can do. But for Snell Golf, we do test throughout the entire manufacturing process.

I had several phone calls and emails this past week asking about comments on the interviews done last week with breed and Haney. I will try offer alittle info here, keeping in mind the respect to manufacturers and their own techniques. There seemed to be a few comments on quality and quality control on some balls versus others. These comments seemed to be aimed at smaller companies and mainly Kirkland on the balls they buy off the shelf. I cannot speak for Kirkland, but I can speak for Snell Golf. We have quality control systems in place at every step of the process. Core batches are inspected for weight, compression, size, and speed. If acceptable they are released. Mantle layers are then inspected for thickness, size, compression and speed. Again with tight specs that must be met. Same with the cover. Material blends, hardness, weight, size, compression and speed. Then several checks on paint weight, coverage, cure. And finally finished balls are completely tested to release batches to be shipped. We also do our own sample inspection of finished balls to ensure all specs are met. And we deliver tight specs to the plant to make sure balls are made with consistency and performance that does not change from ball to ball. I know large companies also do these inspections plus more to ensure balls are made to specs. So I think the questions being raised on quality were targeted towards these concerns. I am not sure what Kirkland does, what specs they have developed, or what in house inspections they can do. But for Snell Golf, we do test throughout the entire manufacturing process.

What do you do with the ones that many call over runs?

Those I'd have interest in

They call them logo over runs.

I know, I wasn't looking for confirmation as to what they are called but what does Snell do with them if they have any....

I know, I wasn't looking for confirmation as to what they are called but what does Snell do with them if they have any....

We test at the plant to release to next phase. If they do not pass they are not made into finished first grade balls. The balls we inspect that do not pass our specs are dealt with a few ways. If small amounts we donate to a charity. If large amount we reject the shipment and it is returned for replacement.

We test at the plant to release to next phase. If they do not pass they are not made into finished first grade balls. The balls we inspect that do not pass our specs are dealt with a few ways. If small amounts we donate to a charity. If large amount we reject the shipment and it is returned for replacement.

Thank you.

Last Friday of 2016 and wanted to just say thank you to everyone here on the GolfWrx golf ball forum. I love the passion and interest in whats going on in the world of golf. This was our first full year at Snell Golf, and our success this year was very much due in part to the support we received from this forum. We have some exciting things coming next year as well, so thanks again for all the support, and wishing you and your families a Happy New Year and best of luck in 2017.... Dean.

Thanks for being a part of WRX Dean. I'll be placing my spring order of MTB's when we get a little closer to the end of February. Can't wait to hear about the new stuff down the road.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Looking forward to hearing about new products for 2017. Just received a couple dozen balls (in less than 2 days too, wow!!) to get me through for a while (optic yellow Get Sums for the winter/ spring and MTBs for the summer). Again very happy with the balls, the price and the service (including Dean's thank you note on every order). keep up the good work.

So I found an old TM TP Black on the course the other day. Remembering that Dean Snell designed that ball I compared them. I could not help but notice that the seam and dimple design were identical. As a matter of fact, the only difference seemed to be the cover material (and I am sure inners)

"Some emotions cannot be endured with a golf club in your hand." - Bobby Jones

So I found an old TM TP Black on the course the other day. Remembering that Dean Snell designed that ball I compared them. I could not help but notice that the seam and dimple design were identical. As a matter of fact, the only difference seemed to be the cover material (and I am sure inners)

You made me dig in. This is what I found and may fulfill your curiosity.

https://www.snellgolf.com/golfforums/topic/snell-tour-is-most-similar-to-taylormade-tp-black-or-red/

Quality Assurance Manager here, for 40 years. Well done Mr. Snell.

You made me dig in. This is what I found and may fulfill your curiosity.

https://www.snellgol...p-black-or-red/

impressive research... nice...

Dean:

As recently ordered the testing pack, how about value pack of six (6) testing packs? I would use MTB for hard green courses and GS for elsewhere.

We are going to be adding a mixed value pack soon.. so 3 doz MTB and 3 doz GET SUM (yellow or white)... should be available on the site as a sku, but in meantime, if you want that, you can send email to [email protected] and let they know, and they can process it now before it comes up on the site...

Dean:

As recently ordered the testing pack, how about value pack of six (6) testing packs? I would use MTB for hard green courses and GS for elsewhere.

We are going to be adding a mixed value pack soon.. so 3 doz MTB and 3 doz GET SUM (yellow or white)... should be available on the site as a sku, but in meantime, if you want that, you can send email to [email protected] and let they know, and they can process it now before it comes up on the site...

Awesome! What would be the price of mixed value pack?

Another idea. There arent many forum thread on your site but why don't you put a link to this forum so that more fans will be drawn in here?

Dean:

Another idea. There arent many forum thread on your site but why don't you put a link to this forum so that more fans will be drawn in here?

Sounds good to me.. i will send your idea over to the marketing group today... thanks..

Dean:

Sounds good to me.. i will send your idea over to the marketing group today... thanks..

Just my 2 cents - if you already have Snell Forum members - why would you link to a different forum? It may backfire. Be careful - this forum is fairly agnostic. They could come looking to praise Snell but after reading GolfWRX they may end up leaving and start buying someone else's brand....and that will only ameliorate the Snell forum members.

Dean:

Just my 2 cents - if you already have Snell Forum members - why would you link to a different forum? It may backfire. Be careful - this forum is fairly agnostic. They could come looking to praise Snell but after reading GolfWRX they may end up leaving and start buying someone else's brand....and that will only ameliorate the Snell forum members.

Ya, good point as well.. we will discuss this week and see whats best.. I love the feedback and technical discussions that come from this forum.. Sometimes we have a lot of duplicate questions on our own forum... As with any open discussions, sometimes these can get off track a bit, but usually comes back to the discussion topic.

Dean:

Word of the Day calendar as a Christmas gift Chip???

Word of the Day calendar as a Christmas gift Chip???

I'm not sure I buy that supposition DP. I can see how viewing a WRXer as erudite and with a comprehensive lexicon, could lead to some degree of cognitive dissonance; however, umm...erm*... these balls really are good, was on the putting green with them yesterday and liked how they rolled and had a nice feel off the face. So ya, that.

*I only read ahead to Wednesday.

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.