2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Well... after extensive testing with each club in my bag I've landed on a new ball for this year. I put the new Pro V1, 2015 Pro V1x, Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, and MTB through the entire bag and there was a clear cut, unanimous winner in every way.

The MTB performed either equally as well OR BETTER than each of those balls in every single area. Here is a snippet of my findings:

2017 Pro V1: incredibly great feel with very low spin on the driver. Very accurate off the tee. Great around the greens and great feel off the putter. Irons left a lot to be desired. Not a lot of spin into greens on longer irons with distance loss compared to the rest of the bunch.

2015 Pro V1x: we all know how this ball performs. Low spin on the driver, great feel on all clubs, tons of iron spin. All around a great performer except in the accuracy department with longer clubs.

Chrome Soft: amazing feel and incredibly straight off the tee. Like insanely straight and accurate, but there's a trade off. With faster clubhead speeds in the 98-105 mph this ball will compress so much and spin so low that you will lose ball speed and distance off the tee. However, you will gain distance with irons and this ball performs incredibly well around the greens.

Chrome Soft X: basically the same performance as the Pro V1 with a bit more iron spin and longer iron distance. Felt really good off the face of each club and very accurate off the tee. Spun slightly more than the Pro V1 off the tee, so accuracy wasn't quite as good.

MTB: as stated, the MTB performed equally well in all categories as the other balls. It had the low spin accurate characteristics of the Chrome Soft off the tee, but maintained high ball speed numbers like the Pro V1 and gave me the best distance numbers. Feel was amazing and just a tad firmer than the Chrome Soft, but still felt just as good. Incredible soft feel around the greens and tons of control and short game spin like the Pro V1x. Irons carried about the distance I expected them to with a enough spin to stop of the greens and control ball flight. Where each ball shined, the MTB shined equally as well if not better. Where each other ball lacked, the MTB made up for and performed much better.

Overall, for my particular game and swing, the MTB was the clear cut winner in every category. If you haven't yet, please try them out and save yourself a few bucks in the process. Dean, you've made a great product and I'll be happily placing my order for the MTB value pack in the near future.

Callaway XR16 Pro [color=#808080][size=2]UST VTS Silver TourSPX 7s[/size][/color]
Callaway GBB Epic 15 [color=#808080][size=2]UST VTS Silver TourSPX 8s[/size][/color]
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 2 [color=#808080][size=2](True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)[/size][/color]
Maltby KE4 Tour HDI 3 [color=#808080][size=2](TBD)[/size][/color]
Maltby DBM Forged 5-9 [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Tour 120s)[/size][/color]
Maltby DBM Forged P-G [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Wedge 115)[/size][/color]
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 54.10 - 58.08 [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Wedge 125)[/size][/color]
Edel E-3 Torque Balanced
[size=2][color=#808080]Winn Dri-Tac Midsize / Iomic Sticky 2.3 / SuperStroke 1.0 Flatso[/color][/size]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/993767-pinger89-witb-updated-55-w-new-toys/"]WITB Link[/url]

Well... after extensive testing with each club in my bag I've landed on a new ball for this year. I put the new Pro V1, 2015 Pro V1x, Chrome Soft, Chrome Soft X, and MTB through the entire bag and there was a clear cut, unanimous winner in every way.

The MTB performed either equally as well OR BETTER than each of those balls in every single area. Here is a snippet of my findings:

2017 Pro V1: incredibly great feel with very low spin on the driver. Very accurate off the tee. Great around the greens and great feel off the putter. Irons left a lot to be desired. Not a lot of spin into greens on longer irons with distance loss compared to the rest of the bunch.

2015 Pro V1x: we all know how this ball performs. Low spin on the driver, great feel on all clubs, tons of iron spin. All around a great performer except in the accuracy department with longer clubs.

Chrome Soft: amazing feel and incredibly straight off the tee. Like insanely straight and accurate, but there's a trade off. With faster clubhead speeds in the 98-105 mph this ball will compress so much and spin so low that you will lose ball speed and distance off the tee. However, you will gain distance with irons and this ball performs incredibly well around the greens.

Chrome Soft X: basically the same performance as the Pro V1 with a bit more iron spin and longer iron distance. Felt really good off the face of each club and very accurate off the tee. Spun slightly more than the Pro V1 off the tee, so accuracy wasn't quite as good.

MTB: as stated, the MTB performed equally well in all categories as the other balls. It had the low spin accurate characteristics of the Chrome Soft off the tee, but maintained high ball speed numbers like the Pro V1 and gave me the best distance numbers. Feel was amazing and just a tad firmer than the Chrome Soft, but still felt just as good. Incredible soft feel around the greens and tons of control and short game spin like the Pro V1x. Irons carried about the distance I expected them to with a enough spin to stop of the greens and control ball flight. Where each ball shined, the MTB shined equally as well if not better. Where each other ball lacked, the MTB made up for and performed much better.

Overall, for my particular game and swing, the MTB was the clear cut winner in every category. If you haven't yet, please try them out and save yourself a few bucks in the process. Dean, you've made a great product and I'll be happily placing my order for the MTB value pack in the near future.

How is one ball more or less "accurate" than another, unless you are talking about how it handles in various wind situations, or maybe something else? Please explain.

How is one ball more or less "accurate" than another, unless you are talking about how it handles in various wind situations, or maybe something else? Please explain.

Due to the spin off the driver. Lower spin on the driver not only equates to longer carry distance (for the most part, there are exceptions and different swings), but also greater accuracy. Having less spin overall also lessens side-spin, which helps the ball fly straighter.

Callaway XR16 Pro [color=#808080][size=2]UST VTS Silver TourSPX 7s[/size][/color]
Callaway GBB Epic 15 [color=#808080][size=2]UST VTS Silver TourSPX 8s[/size][/color]
Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 2 [color=#808080][size=2](True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)[/size][/color]
Maltby KE4 Tour HDI 3 [color=#808080][size=2](TBD)[/size][/color]
Maltby DBM Forged 5-9 [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Tour 120s)[/size][/color]
Maltby DBM Forged P-G [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Wedge 115)[/size][/color]
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged Slate 54.10 - 58.08 [color=#808080][size=2](Nippon NS Pro Modus[sup]3[/sup] Wedge 125)[/size][/color]
Edel E-3 Torque Balanced
[size=2][color=#808080]Winn Dri-Tac Midsize / Iomic Sticky 2.3 / SuperStroke 1.0 Flatso[/color][/size]
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/993767-pinger89-witb-updated-55-w-new-toys/"]WITB Link[/url]

Welcome to the club.

I bought a dozen last year, and gave some to friends and played (and lost) the others. I like the golf ball and just got the six dozen pack.

I cut open the box, and tore up the invoice after glancing at it. Then I pieced it together and took a pic. A "thanks" from Dean. I'll buy them as long as I play.

Have not received a thank you from Titleist or Srixon . . . ever. LOL :)

I bought a dozen last year, and gave some to friends and played (and lost) the others. I like the golf ball and just got the six dozen pack.

I cut open the box, and tore up the invoice after glancing at it. Then I pieced it together and took a pic. A "thanks" from Dean. I'll buy them as long as I play.

thanks for the support.. make sure to check out our new website we launched yesterday... much easier to navigate and will allow us to do some fun things with our members throughout the year... if you have already been on our site, it will require you to re register next time you order.. sorry for that, but trust me, it will be worth it over the year... we have some cool promos, giveaways, and other things planned this year from the customers who have joined.. again, appreciate the support...

thanks for the support.. make sure to check out our new website we launched yesterday... much easier to navigate and will allow us to do some fun things with our members throughout the year... if you have already been on our site, it will require you to re register next time you order.. sorry for that, but trust me, it will be worth it over the year... we have some cool promos, giveaways, and other things planned this year from the customers who have joined.. again, appreciate the support...

Ordered a couple times already and most recently on Sunday. I never bothered to make an account but I just went on now and registered. I wanna be in on the promos and give aways lol

G400 LST
917F2
913H
'16 JPX EZ Forged
T7 54/58
Bettinardi Tour SS3 DASS BEE KOOL
Snell MTB Black

Nese mund te lexoni kete, me dergoni nje mezazh.

Ordered a couple times already and most recently on Sunday. I never bothered to make an account but I just went on now and registered. I wanna be in on the promos and give aways lol

Its worth doing the registration just once on the new site... then all your info is saved for future orders, as well as you are registered with email to get our newsletters and emails, and promos etc...I know if can be a pain the first time, but worth it in the long run.. you dont even have to order to register, just fill out the info on the site and you are good to go.

Sorry for the bad writing.. haha...but appreciate the orders and support so if I am not on the road traveling, I will try to sign and thank everyone...a few people have asked if they are copied, and answer is NO... they are real... thanks again..

Got my 2 dozen MTB order in, nice thank you from Dean on the packing list.

Played the ball all round 65 degrees in Denver, minor scuff at the end on a drive pushed to the right and across a cart path. Overall thought the ball was awesome, performed well in all parts of the game.

Driver - Drove really well, took out the ball with a new driver also, M1 set to standard. Usually play with a pull fade, definitely was longer 10-15 yrds, probably a combination of the new driver and ball. The ball stayed a bit straighter than my typical drive, so spent more time on the left side of the fairway or rough, which could explain some of the yardage gains. Almost in all instances, the fade was almost half of what I usually see based on the swing. Sound was a muted thunk when i hit the sweetspot, sound doesn't bother me though, but it sounds really different than any other ball.

Approach - Solid strikes would land and stop a foot or two away, usually forward, did not have any back up.

Chiping - had a very good day chipping, something i practiced all winter, but the overall feel of the ball was very good for me. I like it over the prov1x, more soft to me, prov1x felt like a rock. never really checked or stop, but I'm a hit and roll chipper.

Putting - rolled nice, very similar to the 330-rx on feel.

I think I've found my 2017 ball, will see if performance of the ball is same in subsequent rounds and in warmer weather.

Titleist TS2 10.5° - Even Flow T1100 White 65 Stiff
Callaway Rogue 3 wood - Aldila Synergy 60 Reg
Callaway Rogue 5 wood - Aldila Synergy 60 Reg
Mizuno JPX900f 4-PW - KBS C-Taper LITE X
Titleist Vokey SM 7 50, 54, 58
2018 Scotty Cameron Newport Select

Finally got to try MTB's I got for Christmas out on the course today. I am a convert.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

Finally got to try MTB's I got for Christmas out on the course today. I am a convert.

Agree totally. Beat the B330RX, ZStar, Pro V1, and Project A and it wasn't even close for me (and I'm a huge ZStar fan).

Ping G430 LST 10* 

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 15*

Titleist U505 18*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 5-L

Cleveland RTX Full Face 64/09

Swag Savage Too

Titleist Pro V1

Agree totally. Beat the B330RX, ZStar, Pro V1, and Project A and it wasn't even close for me (and I'm a huge ZStar fan).

I tested 2017 z star against mtb. I learned that z star and mtb are different animals. IMO, mtb is closer to xv or prov1x in terms of feel and flight.

I tested 2017 z star against mtb. I learned that z star and mtb are different animals. IMO, mtb is closer to xv or prov1x in terms of feel and flight.

I played the MTB alongside my ProV1X for 18. The MTB at first, I thought, was sneaky long by the end of the round I realized there was nothing sneaky about it. It just plays longer for me (carry and rollout). My normal ball flight is- I consider high. It was probably a half club longer with all my irons. I normally hit my PW about 135yards. On several shots I had to pins of 130 yards I flew over the pin 8-10 yards. The biggest thing I noticed was with my wedges. I have had an issue with the ProV1x urethane cover "peeling". Not an issue with the MTB.

Titleist  TSi2 8.0 TPT 14.5 LKP LT LW 
Ping G400 14.5* TPT 15 LKP LT LW 

Ping i210 4-PW TT Elevate Tour X
Cleveland tour raw 52, 56, 60 DG x100
Byron Morgan- HG-DH89
Titleist PV1x
Jones Utility Trouper-Carry
Ogio Silencer Alphard E-wheels

I saw the MTB for sale in a green grass pro shop for the first time... congratulations, Dean... you beat all the odds, and I hope its paying off for you!

PING G430 Max 10K Driver 8º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 5

PING G430 Max 3 Wood 14º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 6

Titleist TSr2 5 Wood 18º ~ GD Tour AD-IZ 7

Titleist TSr2 7 Wood 21º ~ GD Tour AD-XC 8

Srixon ZX4 Mk II Irons 5–7 ~ Project X IO 6.0

Srixon ZX5 Mk II Irons 8–P ~ Project X IO 6.0

Vokey Design SM9 Raw Wedges 'Voke' Handground 50.12F • 56.08M • 62.08M ~ Project X 6.0
Odyssey  Tri-Hot 5K Three ~ BGT Stability Tour 2 Polar
Titleist Pro V1x ~ #12

I saw the MTB for sale in a green grass pro shop for the first time... congratulations, Dean... you beat all the odds, and I hope its paying off for you!

Thank you.. we have had a lot of requests from pro shops to carry the ball.. if you want your course to carry, have your pro email us at [email protected] and we can discuss details of the programs. The goal is to make sure we keep this performance affordable so everyone can benefit.

Dean, thanks for creating such a great and affordable product. My daughter has been playing the MTB for about a year. She was the top freshman in her state tournament and has travelled the country, playing Snell golf balls. It's always fun to watch the faces of the other players, and their parents, when she identifies her ball. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, a friend of mine is gearing up to get a driver fitting. The full-on Trackman 90-minute deal. The fitter wants him to try like four different brands of clubhead in various lofts/settings and to also hone in one one of half a dozen or more shaft options. They have a "process" they go through to hone in on an optimal setup but how many shots can you hit with a given club at a given setting with a given shaft? Even if you hit 150 shots in 90 minutes that is a drop in a bucket compared to what it would take to detect a 10-yard difference.

So what they end up doing is capitalizing on luck and random chance to hit upon any one of a dozen different setups that might prove to work equally well if it were possible to hit couple hundred shots with each.

Nobody ever wants to hear that several different options are so close together it's not realistic to say for sure which is slightly better than the other. That's no fun at all!

I'm so pleased with the consistency and reliability of the MTB ball, that I would like to say to anyone who hasn't tried it yet as a new season is about to begin:

Start with a dozen MTB's, don't let the price fool you, this is a premium ball.

Take them to the course and truly try them out with each type of shot you make.

Compare them with the current ball you use and really analyze the results on the course, not some machine.

Notice the accuracy of your shots and see if it's not better.

Putt with them and feel the difference, see results of improvement.

If you in fact give this ball the chance it deserves, I believe you will be convinced it is the ball you should be using.

If not, at least you can say you tried it for your game, but either way you will know for you that you gave it the opportunity to

prove itself to become your new ball that it deserves like many of the rest of us who are completely delighted and satisfied with it.

I wish people would read Dean's comments the next time MGS publishes some Nine Yards Longer nonsense based on a couple guys hitting a dozen shots each with different balls.

Those same people would still believe it was a bunch of crap from a guy who just wants to protect his company. They don't like to let facts get in their way.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

After reading all these posts about a new "prov1 like" ball for $31.95/dozen, I'm wondering why no discussion/comparison to the MG C4 which has been around for several years, is also "prov1 like", yet sells for a lot less at $19.95/doz. Anyone compare these two balls and find a reason to pay over 50% more for these new Snell balls? Just curious....no ulterior motive here.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Cobra FlyZ+[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Sonartec 17* [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Adams Idea Pro 20*/ 23* [/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Mizuno 5-PW MP-64[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Vokey Oil Can 52*-56*-60*[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]Odyssey Metal X DART[/size][/font]