2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

I hear what you are saying... I realize that there is a big golf ball craze going on.. and think it is great for the game. I know a lot of people say it will hurt Snell Golf with the Kirkland performance posted by MGS test.. But remember, Snell Golf was tested by MGS as well, and was chosen as the BEST OVERALL performance, in which PRO V1X (which is longer than PROV1) was in the test, and the MTB was longer than PROV1x, similar 6 iron spin, slightly less full wedge spin and softer feel. Im sure this data is posted somewhere in this large thread... ..And for much less than the cost of PROV1x. We closed our 2016 this year UP 400% in sales over 2015, and HUGE November and December months. Everyone knows that Nassau is making the balls in their plant for TaylorMade, Snell and Costco... What everyone in these threads does not know is the volume capacity and what is actually available for everyone... We secured our Snell Golf volume for 2017 back in July. The pie is only so big, but I am glad we got a big piece... :golfer:

I hear what you are saying... I realize that there is a big golf ball craze going on.. and think it is great for the game. I know a lot of people say it will hurt Snell Golf with the Kirkland performance posted by MGS test.. But remember, Snell Golf was tested by MGS as well, and was chosen as the BEST OVERALL performance, in which PRO V1X (which is longer than PROV1) was in the test, and the MTB was longer than PROV1x, similar 6 iron spin, slightly less full wedge spin and softer feel. Im sure this data is posted somewhere in this large thread... ..And for much less than the cost of PROV1x. We closed our 2016 this year UP 400% in sales over 2015, and HUGE November and December months. Everyone knows that Nassau is making the balls in their plant for TaylorMade, Snell and Costco... What everyone in these threads does not know is the volume capacity and what is actually available for everyone... We secured our Snell Golf volume for 2017 back in July. The pie is only so big, but I am glad we got a big piece... :golfer:

With all due respect to upcoming President Trump, he may impose import tariff on golf gears. That may be big game changer

I got the testing pack delivered today.

I putt-tested GS against Srixon Soft Feel on 1w ft putting practice mat at home. Soft Feel is bit softer but clicky.

Another thing I found was that GS and MTB (my go ball) feel almost identical off putter; GS is subtly softer. Distance identical as well.

Dean thanks for the info and for looking out for us little guys. I ordered another 6 dozen of the MTB. Making sure I always have plenty.

In My Bag
TM Stealth 10.5* PX T1100 6.5 75g
TM Stealth 3W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g 

TM Stealth 5W PX Hazardous Smoke Black 6.5 80g

TM SIM 2 3H, Nippon Modus Hybrid shaft 95X

2021 TM P790 5-PW Modus TT DG Tour issue 100X
TM High Toe 50, 54 and 58

Evnroll ER5
Snell MTB-X Yellow
#insideTMAG 2013

Hey Dean. I have been playing only the MTB since you started. I don't play any other ball. Where the MTB shines for me is iron shots. The ball is tight.

So that said, when are you getting into making Snell club's?

Thanks for the support and glad you like the performance of the ball... I do not have any plans to make any Snell clubs at this time...However, I do have a couple of very smart, club designer friends so never say never... for now, we will continue our focus on the golf balls and have some cool things coming this year to help spread the word...

I think it has been said that there will never be a yellow MTB. I play Prov1 and Prov1X almost exclusively but have always wished they would make them in yellow. I can find yellow balls much easier in the grass for some reason. If the MTB plays similar to the Prov, I would definitely switch to the MTB if it were also offered in yellow.

We do have some interesting things coming in 2017....and I agree, I think it simplifies the confusion to keep just two types of balls, a low compression, soft feel ball, and tour performance type ball... question is, do we need to have two versions of the tour type ball.. research in the works... stay tuned...

How far into 2017? lol

G400 LST
917F2
913H
'16 JPX EZ Forged
T7 54/58
Bettinardi Tour SS3 DASS BEE KOOL
Snell MTB Black

Nese mund te lexoni kete, me dergoni nje mezazh.

We do have some interesting things coming in 2017....and I agree, I think it simplifies the confusion to keep just two types of balls, a low compression, soft feel ball, and tour performance type ball... question is, do we need to have two versions of the tour type ball.. research in the works... stay tuned...

How far into 2017? lol

Some things to be announced in Q1... some cool stuff in the works to help promote and spread the word... you may even see the ball used on tour this year... :)

With help from a friend, we tested 3 2-piece balls (Wilson Duo, Maxfli Softfli and Snell GS) and 3 3-piece balls (Top Flite Gamer Tour, Callaway Hex Chrome + and Snell MTB).

2-piece ball rank

1-GS

2-Duo

3-Softfli

3-piece ball rank

1-MTB

2-Hex Chrome +

3-Gamer Tour

It was my first time playing GS. It felt much harder than duo and softfli; I wish GS feels bit softer. But it exploded off driver and irons. With hard feel, it had good around green performance for suryn cover ball. It backspan 2 ft out of 60 yd wedge shot. Very responsive and predictable off putter. Both agreed that Softfli felt hard off driver and irons but putter. Weird experience for low compression ball.

My friend who is v1x lover felt in love with MTB after 3 rounds. MTB performed better than other two balls in every way both for me and him. Gamer Tour was big disappointment. Loss of distance, rock hard feel off driver and irons.

Dean:

You must be thrilled and relieved that Ksig is no longer on Costco website.

also, looking forward to your news in Q1.

I am 100 percent up to speed on what was going on the whole time but out of respect to everyone involved I tried to stay out of the conversation. It was great for Snell Golf since it helped bring awareness to the fact that we can create performance and pricing that can beat Titleist. I am sure we lost a few customers during the buzz, but hopefully now they will be back and we will continue to move forward.

Dean:

I am 100 percent up to speed on what was going on the whole time but out of respect to everyone involved I tried to stay out of the conversation. It was great for Snell Golf since it helped bring awareness to the fact that we can create performance and pricing that can beat Titleist. I am sure we lost a few customers during the buzz, but hopefully now they will be back and we will continue to move forward.

As businessman and trend maker, I figure you should be up to the speed. Through this phenomenon, you may have picked up free publicity. I m very sure more to come on your way.

I found the whole Ksig phenomenon very entertaining but I never had any interest in buying any.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

I'd like to see an orange Get Sum.

+1...as you can tell from my avitar/sig, I'm somewhat partial to the color. For me, I seem to be able to pick this up better during winter against dormant grass. Florescent would be nice, but then you start bumping into the Volvik market I guess.

Srixon Z785 6-P
PXG 0211 4h & 5h
Mizuno T 56/58/60
Tour Edge C721 10.5 w/Ventus Red R
PXG 0341 Proto 3w
Titleist 909 5w
TaylorMade Daddy Long Legs Spider
Snell MTB-X

I'd like to see an orange Get Sum.

+1...as you can tell from my avitar/sig, I'm somewhat partial to the color. For me, I seem to be able to pick this up better during winter against dormant grass. Florescent would be nice, but then you start bumping into the Volvik market I guess.

Orange is an awesome color! GBO!!!

Dean:

Dean, any chance that you or any other company sell the quattro ball in america?

regards!

I love the MTB but as my game got better and speed faster someone suggested I try X balls like a TPx V1x and tour plat. I saw slightly more yards and control around the greens with those balls and fell in love with the tour plat. Then it got discontinued. Then the ksig frenzy. I like those ksigs a lot.

If Snell released a 4 pc MTBx I would be the first in line to buy and Dean himself can send me some test balls and I'll put them on a launch monitor for him with my 10 cap swing ;)

I love the MTB but as my game got better and speed faster someone suggested I try X balls like a TPx V1x and tour plat. I saw slightly more yards and control around the greens with those balls and fell in love with the tour plat. Then it got discontinued. Then the ksig frenzy. I like those ksigs a lot.

If Snell released a 4 pc MTBx I would be the first in line to buy and Dean himself can send me some test balls and I'll put them on a launch monitor for him with my 10 cap swing ;)

We are in the last proto phase of testing now... we are targeting performance that was a result of a lot of feedback from this thread.

Dean:

Dean, any chance that you or any other company sell the quattro ball in america?

regards!

We have some pretty cool things planned for this year....my favorite saying is "let it develop"....

We are in the last proto phase of testing now... we are targeting performance that was a result of a lot of feedback from this thread.

Oh god no. Remember what happened when Homer Simpson's feedback was used to create a new car? ;)

hqdefault.jpg

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

Oh god no. Remember what happened when Homer Simpson's feedback was used to create a new car? ;)

hqdefault.jpg

"I want a horn here...and here and here and here and here...and here. You can NEVER find a horn when you're mad!"

Snell cabretta golf glove?

"Friendships born on the field of athletic strife are the real gold of competition.  Awards become corroded; friends gather no dust." -- Jesse Owens

WITB 2024 Edition

• Woods: :cobra-small: DarkSpeed X [10.5*, :kbs: TD LE 60; :cobra-small:  DarkSpeed LS [17.5*], TD Gloss 70; Iomic Evolution
  • Hybrid: :cobra-small: King Tec 2019 [19*], :kbs: PGH 85; Iomic Evolution
  • Irons & Wedges:  King Tour [4i & 5i], King CB [6i to Pw]; UST Mamiya Recoil 110; Iomic Evolution
  • Wedges: S23, 610; UST Mamiya Recoil 125 Prototype; Iomic Evolution
  • Putter: :cobra-small: Grandsport-35 [24]; :garsen: Quad Tour NT TPE
  • Ball: :bridgestone-small: XS [22];
  • Notables: :cobra-small: -Vessel Tour stand bag; :ShotScope: Pro LX+ with H4; :Clicgear: 3.5+ w/Alphard Club Booster V2;

can you make the logo on the MTB ball more subtle? it's distracting. Like the ball tho

Is this Colin Montgomery ?

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

can you make the logo on the MTB ball more subtle? it's distracting. Like the ball tho

They already did that

2017 M1 440 9.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
TM M3 3 wood - 14.25* - Tensei Pro White 80TX
Srixon u45 DI - 19* - Tensei Pro White Hybrid 100TX
Mizuno mp18 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Ping Anser OG
Snell MTB Black