2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

Uhit, I didn't know you are in Europe. Now I see why you are all about Vice. Hopefully, Snell would be available and economically feasible in Europe.

Thank you,

I´m glad that my humble English is understandable...

...but I´m not really all about Vice, but Snell is not that cost effective to get, if you don´t want to buy 6 dozen at once...

...which is quite a lot, if you don´t know the ball.

However, Snell seems to work on a better distribution for Europe.

I wouldn´t hesitate to test Snells ball next year, when the time has come to look for the best ball for the 2018 season.

Uhit, I didn't know you are in Europe. Now I see why you are all about Vice. Hopefully, Snell would be available and economically feasible in Europe.

Thank you,

...but I´m not really all about Vice, but Snell is not that cost effective to get, if you don´t want to buy 6 dozen at once...

I wouldn´t hesitate to test Snells ball next year, when the time has come to look for the best ball for the 2018 season.

This is my biggest problem with Snell balls. I'm not interested in the other models they offer but the only way these are real cost effective is to buy 6 doz. now I need to see if some buds will go in with me on a ball they know nothing about. If I knew it was the ball for me, 6 doz isn't so bad.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

Thank you,

This is my biggest problem with Snell balls. I'm not interested in the other models they offer but the only way these are real cost effective is to buy 6 doz. now I need to see if some buds will go in with me on a ball they know nothing about. If I knew it was the ball for me, 6 doz isn't so bad.

Exactly!

I would have to pay 46.90 € for one dozen including shipping...

...with no guarantee, that those balls fit my game.

If I wouldn´t be satisfied with my current balls, I would buy a dozen just for fun.

Maybe next year, there is a better chance to try something like a special priced 6 pack of the Snell MTB (or its successor)...

How much would it cost for someone in the states to mail you a box?

I don´t know, but if I assume the shipping costs and taxes from amazon.com, or the pga store, then there is no way, to make it cost effective.

However, I could ask some of my golf buddies, who visit the states on a regular base.

Anyway, I´m not in a hurry to try new balls, and can wait until next year.

Thank you for the question / hint!

I am a high- handicap player who revamped my swing with a pro over the winter. I played my first round of the year 2 weeks ago on a tough course and put the Snell Get Sum in play for the first time. It played really nice. I didn't have to work the ball very much. It was long and straight and has a nice feel. Shot the best round of my life and will be trying the My Tour Ball soon. For reference, the two other balls I played last year were the Velocity and the Taylormade Project a - pretty different from each other.

I don´t know, but if I assume the shipping costs and taxes from amazon.com, or the pga store, then there is no way, to make it cost effective.

However, I could ask some of my golf buddies, who visit the states on a regular base.

Hi... we have some good news for the UK and Ireland areas... you will soon be able to get Snell golf balls from a distributor out of the UK... more details coming real soon, but the balls have already been shipped to the UK...

I ponied up the 31.99 and tested them, liked them and bought a 6 pk. IMO that is the safest way to go. $31.99 is a small investment to make to test out a dozen.

Hi... we have some good news for the UK and Ireland areas... you will soon be able to get Snell golf balls from a distributor out of the UK... more details coming real soon, but the balls have already been shipped to the UK...

Great to hear, that the distribution makes progress!

I ponied up the 31.99 and tested them, liked them and bought a 6 pk. IMO that is the safest way to go. $31.99 is a small investment to make to test out a dozen.

Agreed. This is likely how I am going to have to do it

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 8*, Tensei AV White 75g
Irons: TaylorMade P790, 5-PW; Mitsubishi MMT 110g
Hybrids: Ping G425 19*
Wedges: Ping Glide 3.0 50*, 54*, 60*
Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1, Polar BGT shaft   
Bag: Ping Hoofer Lite Midnight
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B X yellow, Callaway Chrome Soft X LS

I am a high- handicap player who revamped my swing with a pro over the winter. I played my first round of the year 2 weeks ago on a tough course and put the Snell Get Sum in play for the first time. It played really nice. I didn't have to work the ball very much. It was long and straight and has a nice feel. Shot the best round of my life and will be trying the My Tour Ball soon. For reference, the two other balls I played last year were the Velocity and the Taylormade Project a - pretty different from each other.

This would make sense to me.. the GET SUM would go head to head with Velocity, and MTB against the TaylorMade Project (a) you have used in the past... I think you will like the distance and short game spin and control of the MTB and hopefully shoot your next best round... good luck and thanks for testing the balls...

This would make sense to me.. the GET SUM would go head to head with Velocity, and MTB against the TaylorMade Project (a) you have used in the past... I think you will like the distance and short game spin and control of the MTB and hopefully shoot your next best round... good luck and thanks for testing the balls...

Thanks, and my pleasure. I'm a guy who was playing ugly golf in the 90s and, finally, got serious about improving. Goal to break 80 this year. The offerings, in terms of the simple product line and great price, from Snell made sense to me. And, the story of the experienced ball guy striking out on his own endeavor in America also was a plus for me...as I can relate a little.

So I finally got to play the Snell MTB today for a few holes. Very impressive ball for sure. Long off the tee and very great around the greens.

It will be a while before my 2017 XV's run out but Snell will be in the bag at some point.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

Just ordered some more using their coupon during masters week! The new taylormade ball has me intrigued but so far I keep coming back to ththe MTB

Optiforce 440 9.5* w/ B-Series BlueBoard 60X
913H 18*& 22* w/ iRod 85F4
Ping s55 (4-PW) w/ Recoil 95 Prototype
Engage 50sq, 54sq, 60ds w/ Recoil 110 Prototype
Bettinardi Signature Series 7

I have only just heard about these Snell golf balls. I have not been on the forum in a while, I noticed we have a distributor here in Australia. I've listened to Dean on his Facebook page and website. Dean, I love the fact you actually care and listen to your customers, that attitude is refreshing. I am going to order a dozen just based on your honesty and customer service. To see you interacting with all of us on here speaks volumes.

I just purchased 2 dozen chrome soft my normal ball and a sleeve of Srixon Z star, wish I had known of the Snell ball before my purchase. In any case I will order a dozen and I look forward to trying your product.

I have only just heard about these Snell golf balls. I have not been on the forum in a while, I noticed we have a distributor here in Australia. I've listened to Dean on his Facebook page and website. Dean, I love the fact you actually care and listen to your customers, that attitude is refreshing. I am going to order a dozen just based on your honesty and customer service. To see you interacting with all of us on here speaks volumes.

I just purchased 2 dozen chrome soft my normal ball and a sleeve of Srixon Z star, wish I had known of the Snell ball before my purchase. In any case I will order a dozen and I look forward to trying your product.

Thank you ... appreciate the support. We do have a distributor in Australia and he is selling quite a few dozen balls... we also have just added one in UK and Ireland, and that will be launched very soon... The balls have been shipped to them, and they are finishing up on the website and logistics as we speak.. I will certainly post on this forum when that goes live.

Tested them out for 3 rounds now. Unfortunately I do not see anything special with the MTB version. Currently game the Pro V1 and the MTB did not even come close performance wise. Was actually shocked about how unresponsive it felt around the greens.

To each his own. But if you found the MTB unresponsive around the greens it's not the balls fault.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Tested them out for 3 rounds now. Unfortunately I do not see anything special with the MTB version. Currently game the Pro V1 and the MTB did not even come close performance wise. Was actually shocked about how unresponsive it felt around the greens.

To each his own. But if you found the MTB unresponsive around the greens it's not the balls fault.

You expect the golfer to accept the blame?

lol

I finally got to try mine yesterday. 1st round in 7 mths so there was alot of rust on my game but I can see why people like this one. I look fwd to playing more with it.

Callaway B21 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70S (Callaway RFE 9* Diamana Kai'Li 70s backup)
RFE 16.5* 4 wood Diamana Kai'Li 80S
RFE 21.5* 7 wood UST V2 Tour 86gr
Apex 4/Apex Pro 5-PW H45 heads Aerotech i110
Callaway MD3 52-10/58-09 S Grind
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 2016

Instagram Link
https://www.instagram.com/michaelfrederickphotography/?hl=en
[twitter]BigDudeGuy72[/twitter]

Hmmmm. I think there was a missed opportunity to go out and blow a bunch of money on new wedges somewhere in there.

How is it not the ball when I'm testing side by side with the Pro V1. MTB was no where near the same greenside. Skill level aside. Wedge shot after wedge shot and chip after chip poorly performed compared to the Pro V1.

How is it not the ball when I'm testing side by side with the Pro V1. MTB was no where near the same greenside. Skill level aside. Wedge shot after wedge shot and chip after chip poorly performed compared to the Pro V1.

Just out of curiosity, can you be more specific?

In what area did MTB perform worse than ProV1? How about off driver, long irons, short irons and putter?

I can't say why you came up with your results. I also used to play ProV1's and I found the MTB's to spin more than the ProV1's off wedges. Like I said, to each his own but I've never heard any test or review saying the Snell doesn't perform around the green.

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

In what area did MTB perform worse than ProV1? How about off driver, long irons, short irons and putter?

Driver and long irons were very similar - slight edge to MTB even

Short irons - Prov V1 all day every day for me - spin/distance control/trajectory was all just easier to handle with Pro V1

Putter - once again Pro V1 for me - putter is going to be a very personal choice for most - I just preferred to soft feel of the V1 - MTB felt firmer

Texas = hardpan greens and wind

You have to have a ball that can handle the wind and check on the green - V1 for me

Driver and long irons were very similar - slight edge to MTB even

Short irons - Prov V1 all day every day for me - spin/distance control/trajectory was all just easier to handle with Pro V1

Putter - once again Pro V1 for me - putter is going to be a very personal choice for most - I just preferred to soft feel of the V1 - MTB felt firmer

Texas = hardpan greens and wind

You have to have a ball that can handle the wind and check on the green - V1 for me

I think you like softer ball, ProV1 in this case. Definitely, MTB feels harder than V1. Thus, MTB may not be for you. How about new Q Star Tour or Duo U?

On my 2nd dozen Snell MTB's ....mainly because I have given several sleeves away so others can try them.

Terrific ball.

Cobra King LTD driver @12* w/Paderson Kinetix Green IMRT shaft
Cobra Bio Cell 3-4W - 16*
Cobra Bio Cell 2-3 Hybrid - 19*
Cobra King F6 4-GW w/Matrix Red Tie graphite
Bellum Winmore 707 Putter 33"
Snell MTB & Bridgestone B330RX