2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

SNELL GOLF BALLS??? anyone???

abel88

I love the MTB but as my game got better and speed faster someone suggested I try X balls like a TPx V1x and tour plat. I saw slightly more yards and control around the greens with those balls and fell in love with the tour plat. Then it got discontinued. Then the ksig frenzy. I like those ksigs a lot.

If Snell released a 4 pc MTBx I would be the first in line to buy and Dean himself can send me some test balls and I'll put them on a launch monitor for him with my 10 cap swing ;)

We are in the last proto phase of testing now... we are targeting performance that was a result of a lot of feedback from this thread.

And when are we expecting it to be brought to market Dean?! Lol

G400 LST
917F2
913H
'16 JPX EZ Forged
T7 54/58
Bettinardi Tour SS3 DASS BEE KOOL
Snell MTB Black

Nese mund te lexoni kete, me dergoni nje mezazh.

I love the MTB but as my game got better and speed faster someone suggested I try X balls like a TPx V1x and tour plat. I saw slightly more yards and control around the greens with those balls and fell in love with the tour plat. Then it got discontinued. Then the ksig frenzy. I like those ksigs a lot.

If Snell released a 4 pc MTBx I would be the first in line to buy and Dean himself can send me some test balls and I'll put them on a launch monitor for him with my 10 cap swing ;)

We are in the last proto phase of testing now... we are targeting performance that was a result of a lot of feedback from this thread.

this year.. haha...we have to keep some secrets... but will update as we get closer..

this year.. haha...we have to keep some secrets... but will update as we get closer..

If you need any mid handicap testers, I'd be happy to spray a few prototype balls around middle Tennessee ;)

I just recently heard of Snell. I never seen them in retail stores though.

Not having to sell it in stores keeps the cost down for us consumers. Cuts out the middle man. There mission statement says it all....

"The team at Snell Golf has one solitary mission: to bring tour caliber equipment to the amateur golfer at an affordable price. Our experience in R&D along with our strategic manufacturing partnership and direct to consumer distribution model allows us to do just that."

G400 LST
917F2
913H
'16 JPX EZ Forged
T7 54/58
Bettinardi Tour SS3 DASS BEE KOOL
Snell MTB Black

Nese mund te lexoni kete, me dergoni nje mezazh.

This is awesome news!

I'd be excited to test some out as well. I was one of the people that loved the MTB, but it spun a little too much for me on approach shots. I'll definitely be buying the MTBx version when it comes out.

Heading out soon to fly down to Orlando and attend the PGA show.. We will not have a booth down there, but will be very active in working with media and seeing a lot of old friends.. This is my 28th show in a row.. ouch.. If anyone is down there, please stop me and say hello if our paths cross... This year Snell Golf has been nominated for 2 awards... Business Achievement and New Product... We have been notified that we have made it to the final three in both categories...The biggest award is Business Achievement and the final three candidates to win are Chip Brewer (CEO Callaway Golf), PGA of America, and me (Snell Golf).... two giants versus the little guy.. haha.. but we are excited to have been nominated in the first place, never mind make it to the final three.. Awards announced at noon on Thursday at the ING (International Network of Golf) press conference.

Heading out soon to fly down to Orlando and attend the PGA show.. We will not have a booth down there, but will be very active in working with media and seeing a lot of old friends.. This is my 28th show in a row.. ouch.. If anyone is down there, please stop me and say hello if our paths cross... This year Snell Golf has been nominated for 2 awards... Business Achievement and New Product... We have been notified that we have made it to the final three in both categories...The biggest award is Business Achievement and the final three candidates to win are Chip Brewer (CEO Callaway Golf), PGA of America, and me (Snell Golf).... two giants versus the little guy.. haha.. but we are excited to have been nominated in the first place, never mind make it to the final three.. Awards announced at noon on Thursday at the ING (International Network of Golf) press conference.
that is fantastic Dean. It isn't often a little guy gets the recognition he deserves. You are the Man!

Great job, fantastic balls.

Mizuno MX-500 10.5* driver<br />Tour Edge Exotics XCG6 13 Degree 3 Wood(as mini-driver)<br />Titleist 910f 16.5* 3 Wood,<br />Titleist 714 CB 3-pw,<br />Scratch 50*DD wedge,<br />Cleveland 588 raw 56* wedge,<br />Odyssey #9 White Hot,<br />Snell My Tour Ball,<br />True Linkswear shoes(da bomb!)<br /><br />TAKE DEAD AIM - Harvey Penick

Wishing you good luck! I won't be there this year, but really hope you do well! Keep fighting the good fight!

Awesome Dean, Congratulations!

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Does the Snell website accept Paypal? I looked on the site and could not find out. Could be my ineptness.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

Does the Snell website accept Paypal? I looked on the site and could not find out. Could be my ineptness.

Yes, when you check out there is a option for paypal.

Titleist TSR 2  9°

Taylormade V-Steel 3 wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

Congratulations Dean!! Great product and distribution and you deserve the award to go along with the MGS award for best ball too.

Looks like speculation that Nassau Golf slapped Kirkland Signature's name onto a surplus of balls they had sitting around may be more than just speculation. But that theory makes sense when Costco doesn't seem to be restocking their shelves with these balls. And if the balls were just surplus sitting around, why not let them go for cheap? https://consumerist.com/2017/01/19/golfers-losing-their-minds-over-costcos-kirkland-brand-golf-balls/

Bought two dozen today strictly due to feedback & reviews from Golfwrx. I play the Z Star a lot and have recently been playing the Penta Urethane and Bridgestone B330RX. Looking forward to giving the Snell MTB some course time! Heck, I'm so convinced by the power of internet persuasion that I've already updated my Golfwrx Sig below.....

Ping G430 LST 10* 

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 15*

Titleist U505 18*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 5-L

Cleveland RTX Full Face 64/09

Swag Savage Too

Titleist Pro V1 yellow 

Bought two dozen today strictly due to feedback & reviews from Golfwrx. I play the Z Star a lot and have recently been playing the Penta Urethane and Bridgestone B330RX. Looking forward to giving the Snell MTB some course time!

Just my opinion but the Snell will be softer feeling but similar to the Z Star, and it is significantly better than the RX all around from distance to spin. I will be anxious to hear what you find.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

Bought two dozen today strictly due to feedback & reviews from Golfwrx. I play the Z Star a lot and have recently been playing the Penta Urethane and Bridgestone B330RX. Looking forward to giving the Snell MTB some course time!

Just my opinion but the Snell will be softer feeling but similar to the Z Star, and it is significantly better than the RX all around from distance to spin. I will be anxious to hear what you find.

Coming from Z Star which I liked because z star fits right between prov1 and v1x, Snell acts the same as Z star. And cheaper!

Coming from Z Star which I liked because z star fits right between prov1 and v1x, Snell acts the same as Z star. And cheaper!

Love hearing this. The B330RX and the Chrome Soft just don't do enough around the greens for me. Again, this is just for me, but I struggle to get them to spin/check like I do the Z Star. I tried the Kirkland balls, but they felt extremely harsh to me. Hoping the Snell MTB is as good, if not better, than the Z Star.

Ping G430 LST 10* 

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 15*

Titleist U505 18*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 5-L

Cleveland RTX Full Face 64/09

Swag Savage Too

Titleist Pro V1 yellow 

If the Snell Ball did not exist, I would play the Z-Star.

Agreed. Have tried many different brands but loved the Z Star and now am all in on MTB

Agreed. Have tried many different brands but loved the Z Star and now am all in on MTB

This means Dean converts plenty of Z star lovers. I am sure X version will come out soon to convert the rest of XV lovers.